Emma Frost vs. Rachel Summers
MATCH SCORE
Emma Frost: 2
Rachel Summers: 3

Princess Leia Organa vs. Stella Star
MATCH SCORE
Princess Leia Organa: 5
Stella Star: 2

Continuing CBUB (Not Electric Ferret, ya'll had better already changed that name or I'm stabbing someone's eyeballs)

No, I see what he's saying. We can honor electricferret without directly copying it. Plus, it shouldn't  be hard to change the name. While I'm at it, I'll take out some of the features, like the FPL, that I don't really see anybody using, and maybe a few others. I do see what he's saying about this not really being electricferret, so we should treat it as it's own thing.  

The thing Pey's doing would probably work just fine as a CBUB replacement. No need to transplant the FPL there. We're working on stuff that'll replace that.

Yeah, I think that's the best way to do it. There's some crossover between the two sections, but not that much.

Also, while we still haven't decided what's up with the FPL side of things, the CBUBers seem to be moving pretty quickly with setting up a new board. No need to bog y'all down while we move at our usual glacial pace.

Guest sirmethos

Yeah, I think that's the best way to do it. There's some crossover between the two sections, but not that much.

Also, while we still haven't decided what's up with the FPL side of things, the CBUBers seem to be moving pretty quickly with setting up a new board. No need to bog y'all down while we move at our usual glacial pace.

Translation: the CBUBers are charging mindlessly forward, while the FPLers are actually thinking before acting.

Kinda.

Whatever the FPL ends up doing, there'd be plenty of room for a Fight section of the board, and there'd naturally be a pop culture/general discussion area. It wouldn't be as elaborate as the Ferret, but it'd be open.

At the same time, some people in the CBUB are eager to have their own site under their control, and that's cool. In all honesty, that's probably a good thing that they set up shop on their own. They'll be in control, and there's no need to listen to us old types whine about them.

But yeah, I DO think people are too eager to rush into something new before standing back and thinking things through a bit, but I AM in favor of the CBUB kids having their own place for them to do as they see fit.

Translation: the CBUBers are charging mindlessly forward, while the FPLers are actually thinking before acting.

not quite.  What peypeypeypey has set up is very similar but on a more basic level that allows people to continue doing what they do here almost.  His is very well set up.

Guest silversurfer092

I'm totally still going to the FPL discussion boards despite having nothing to do with the FPL in the past bunch of years because that's where I feel like I might actually learn a thing or two about the world.

But yeah, peypeypeypey's site is decent. It could be good if I come back in twenty minutes and find myself a moderator...

Guest KevinDWolf93

Kinda.

Whatever the FPL ends up doing, there'd be plenty of room for a Fight section of the board, and there'd naturally be a pop culture/general discussion area. It wouldn't be as elaborate as the Ferret, but it'd be open.

At the same time, some people in the CBUB are eager to have their own site under their control, and that's cool. In all honesty, that's probably a good thing that they set up shop on their own. They'll be in control, and there's no need to listen to us old types whine about them.

But yeah, I DO think people are too eager to rush into something new before standing back and thinking things through a bit, but I AM in favor of the CBUB kids having their own place for them to do as they see fit.

Eh, in like 3 days I was gonna post a topic to kinda see which option(of like....four now) to go towards for the future because we have people emotionaling and going in different directions which is...counterproductive. Even if we get some segregation, which on FPL choice should be fine I suppose, having your top 10 friends list spread across that many websites that are in no way interconnected kinda seems to defeat the point of a successor site. I went right to being all for peypeys place(heh funny name) because I didn't think this level of response would be done. Now we know though so Im all for thinking this all through.

Even if we just keep links open between places instead of one replacement location we should all be on the same page of that imo. After all the family and community talk we had on the first go anyways. Plus, while not everybody does a fair amount of dabbling, personally I got a foothold in FPL and was in the beginning with what little rping community we have/had. CBUB stuff is also of course in the question so full separation isn't awfully appealing to me.

I will be honest and admit I do not know how much time I will be spending on the new site. I see CBUB as a game, what with its point spending, database, judging and time limits. Votes and comments are desirable too but it's the totality of CBUB that appeals to me. Not sure I will be posting many setups or doing much debating without the whole system to play with.

I will use that account but don't expect another 71 matches.

I put up an FPL character and have two CBUB submissions awaiting images on the off chance FoxFingers decides to sell the site rather than close it down. Not counting on it to happen but, you know, just in case. This is hardly the first CBUB/Ferret retirement.

True, I could start an El Santo vs Living Laser topic anywhere, add an elaborate explanation as to how they met with lots of refrences to the ridiculousness of the whole thing, without putting up three links, the owner's website and then manipulating an image in word to fit 200X200p but it just would not be the same elsewhere. No ranking, no database to tellpeople it happened years down the line, no internal arguments over whether its worth spending the points on over Hulk Hogan vs Godzilla, no internally debating on wether Living Laser is worth uploading before other things in the database like the planet of Eternia have been used yet and no user based conditioned to appreciate the whole thing.

The new site is full of electric ferret goers but new users will not know why we are nostologic for anything Electric Ferret, with the possible exception of the back issues, when the site proper most likely goes for good.

No offense to this, but I don't know how much I like another site callig itself the Electric Ferret if it is not the Electric Ferret. Especially porting all the topics verbatim. It's a little slap in the face to me. I'm cool with spin offs, (Tarvius and I are creating a spin off site) but Electric Ferret has history and I don't know what's going to go down on your site and I'm not sure I like seeing Electric Ferret tied to it.

That's just me, but I really don't like the direct port approach. Borderline offensive.

This. I agree with wholeheartedly.

Guest sirmethos

That's part of the "CBUBers charging mindlessly forward" thing.

It doesn't require much thought, to realize that while starting a replacement/continuation site is a good idea, actually using/copying the name is a bad one(especially if Serge wasn't consulted about it first).

It also doesn't take much thought to think of different, yet similar, names.

Guest thanosisawesome

That's part of the "CBUBers charging mindlessly forward" thing.

It doesn't require much thought, to realize that while starting a replacement/continuation site is a good idea, actually using/copying the name is a bad one(especially if Serge wasn't consulted about it first).

It also doesn't take much thought to think of different, yet similar, names.

Now we're mindlessly charging forward to find a new name.

Good idea. Is that the only spin-off site? Or are the CBUBers going to pop up fifty alternative sites? I keep hearing people saying they are going to start their own sites. FPL and CBUB finally splitting forever... Doesn't surprise me.

Guest bigballerju

It's never mattered from what I have seen since most FPL people stay in that section and CBUB in their part. The exception being people interested in both.

Guest silversurfer092

Guys, I have a great idea. Let's stick true to the comic book roots and after this site goes down the new "CBUB site" will have nothing but a shitton of continuity errors. Who's Serge? I don't know. Did the CBUB start as a website or as some book from the 1800's? Probably the latter. WHO KNOWS!?