Emma Frost vs. Rachel Summers
MATCH SCORE
Emma Frost: 2
Rachel Summers: 3

Princess Leia Organa vs. Stella Star
MATCH SCORE
Princess Leia Organa: 5
Stella Star: 2

Continuing CBUB (Not Electric Ferret, ya'll had better already changed that name or I'm stabbing someone's eyeballs)

If anyone's interested, I recreated a very basic layout of Electricferret so that people can still get on in some degree. It's very rough, and not nearly as good as the real electricferret, but it's a way to stay in touch, at least, and still has rumbles and whatnot. 

http://electricferret.freeforums.net/

P.S. Fox, if you have any objection to me doing this for any reason, I'll take it down

Guest KevinDWolf93

Im game if no one thinks it's inappropriate(as a sort of business as usual way of moving past I mean).. Regardless, props for such a very quick response time pey x. Looks real similar layout.

Dear CBUB:  

CBR, Comic Vine, KillerMovies, Screw Attack... all these sites are virtually identical to what you do on this site, with the possible exception that one or two people on those sites have actually read the comics about which they're arguing.  You might try signing up for one or all of those.

I can't speak for all of you but that's not what drew me in here. It was the people. The community. Those sites are all good indeed but EF is more small and close-knit to me, to the point you know the majority of the regulars. I like all those others very much but it just doesn't have that special factor about it. Meh, look at me. So melodramatic. Is it alright to keep that niche in a site like the one posted above? Or find a corner in the bigger ones? Either or? Is that alright?

Guest sirmethos

Dear CBUB:  

CBR, Comic Vine, KillerMovies, Screw Attack... all these sites are virtually identical to what you do on this site, with the possible exception that one or two people on those sites have actually read the comics about which they're arguing.  You might try signing up for one or all of those.

CBR, ComicVine, KillerMovies, ScrewAttack, and several others, may have an identical base purpose(debating comics battles) but they are far from identical(I'm already signed up for all of the above, and more).

The main difference, is that all of those sites have a bizarre obsession with "feats", something that CBUB has (fortunately)moved on from(though we seem to be heading back in that direction again).

Most of those sites are also much larger.  The very fact that EF is a smaller community, is a large part of why it's the main 'home' for a lot of us.

It's kinda like living in a small town, rather than in a large city.  In terms of community, I prefer the small town.

I think you can collectively take the EF community with you to those sites- I followed some friends from the FPL to a now-defunct creative writing based social networking site called Consummating.com, and we had our close-knit group and made new friends (one guy even met his wife there!)  I understand the social aspect of the site.  The FPL has had conventions in Vegas, I've attended two of them.  I've- at the very least- had dinner with a dozen or so people from this website.  Many of them have moved on from the FPL but we've stayed in touch- one electricferret alumnus even got his novel published and nominated for a John W. Campbell award.  

The basic functionality of this place exists elsewhere.  You can take the family with you when you move.

I like it and have signed up.  Thanks Peypeypeypey!

Personally I encourage others to do the same so we can have some similar to what we have here.  The site looks well done for such short notice.

The thing that CBUB had over other sites was a database full of done votes, built in references and (until recently I guess) an encouragement for descriptive scenarios. There was even a novelty in looking at a character's records. (A one off Power Puff Girl robot vs ]Metroid Space Pirates?) Personally, I liked the CBUB better when there 25-70 votes on a topic and the userbase was bigger overall. Now there are less people out to manipulate the system so that "their" choices win, fewer people typing up uninspired to non existant scenarios, fewer recurrences of the topics that always seem to recurr (you really think you can do a better Goku vs Superman than Serge? Get better arguments than those that broke the site?) but for all those benefits we lost a lot in feed back and variety.

Warcry's stuff had a strange energy to it, Caesar Speaks was a professional writer and pretty funny to boot, there was an English teacher who occassionally stopped by, it was just fun times. Some users had a thing for characters I did not ever think to much indepth about, like RakaiThwei's and some other's thing for predators. I got suggestions on pacing, suggestions on new things to try, critcism for misuse of character and setting, I hoped this place would eventually build up that kind of userbase again but oh well.

Anyway, I am going to sign up, Peypeypeypey, so if the FPL ever gets back up and running let me know, on the off chance I may see what I was missing there.

Guest Hayesmeister5651

I can't speak for all of you but that's not what drew me in here. It was the people. The community. Those sites are all good indeed but EF is more small and close-knit to me, to the point you know the majority of the regulars. I like all those others very much but it just doesn't have that special factor about it. Meh, look at me. So melodramatic. Is it alright to keep that niche in a site like the one posted above? Or find a corner in the bigger ones? Either or? Is that alright?

Agreed.  I don't even come here for fights anymore, I come for the community.

Big kudos to you for giving this a try, 4pey. Keeping up an entire community, however small, is a pretty big task, and I hope you're up for it.

Me.

Mwahahahahahaha.

i actually wouldn't mind that as long as you strayed away from your more lazy days. Jk

Kainboa would be another good one I saw sign up for the new site if he would accept the responsibility

Guest Ruinus

Could I mod over the Plebiscite again? I like modding over the woman pics..... uh and all the other random stuff.

No offense to this, but I don't know how much I like another site callig itself the Electric Ferret if it is not the Electric Ferret. Especially porting all the topics verbatim. It's a little slap in the face to me. I'm cool with spin offs, (Tarvius and I are creating a spin off site) but Electric Ferret has history and I don't know what's going to go down on your site and I'm not sure I like seeing Electric Ferret tied to it.

That's just me, but I really don't like the direct port approach. Borderline offensive.

• Like 1

No offense to this, but I don't know how much I like another site callig itself the Electric Ferret if it is not the Electric Ferret. Especially porting all the topics verbatim. It's a little slap in the face to me. I'm cool with spin offs, (Tarvius and I are creating a spin off site) but Electric Ferret has history and I don't know what's going to go down on your site and I'm not sure I like seeing Electric Ferret tied to it.

That's just me, but I really don't like the direct port approach. Borderline offensive.

I know its your opinion and I respect that but personally it seems more like a honoring of electric ferret.  No it will never live up to the original but as a community we can thrive and build upon what it is and still be giving credit to the original.  I think it is a good way to pay homage to this legacy. (no pun intended)