Juggernaut: 10
Mr. Incredible: 0

Shere Khan vs Scar

Guest skadoosh

Guest skadoosh

Shere Khan, Disney version

vs

Scar, Disney version

The fight takes place in a football stadium, which they can utilize the entirety of, but cannot leave. To win one must kill or incapacitate the other. Both are in character. Neither knows anything about the other prior to the fight.

Opinions?

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Nice fight!

IMO, Shere Khan appears to be in better physical shape than Scar and he dealt with Baloo pretty handily. I guess I'd go with him, but it's a nasty fight.

Guest skadoosh

Shere Khan.

Care to state why?

Nice fight!

IMO, Shere Khan appears to be in better physical shape than Scar and he dealt with Baloo pretty handily. I guess I'd go with him, but it's a nasty fight.

Thanks, i thought so, too. It probably warrants a set up, but i don't have the time or patience for that any more.

That's true, Khan gave the bear some grief, but Scar fought lions with some significant ferocity and cunning, so he's not going down easy, if at all.

Scar isn't really a magnificent example of a Lion in his prime - he's rather inferior to the likes of an Alpha Male such as his brother, Mufasa.

Shere Khan was capable of defeating Baloo and was actually considered a serious threat in the jungle due to his ferocity and physical capabilities. So it brings me to think that Shere Khan would murder Scar after a brief fight.

Actually going off of Lion vs Tiger, Lion stands a good chance of winning. Greater jaw strength, better claws, and more fight experiance on avg iirc...

Character experiance and preformance however would even this out. Like was said before, Scar wasn't the example of a fighter in his prime, he had to win his pride via backstabbing his brother. As well, Shere Khan is a reputable fighter, having taken on and defeated a bear, no small feat, though not really in doubt. Not only that, but from the looks of it, Shere Khan is in his Prime, while Scar looks to be just passing his own, and more frail then a Real Alpha Lion.

Even Simba, the inexperienced noob he was, managed to give Scar an even fight.

True, but Simba had some advantages... he was reaching his prime as Scar was obviously over his prime, as well, he came from better stock then Scar.

No, he was still relatively young and he wasn't as built like his father - reaching his prime would indicate similar build and actual experience - Simba at the time lacked neither.

Shere Khan outclasses said younger Simba size-wise and physically and not only that but has actual fighting experience on top of that.

Hence the point I made of using that fight as an example.

...This is a football stadium. Presumably right in the center of the field.

If Scar tries to make a break for anything, Shere Khan runs his ass down.

If Scar tries to fight him right from the gate, Shere Khan shreds him apart.

And Shere Khan wasn't an imbecile iirc, he was quite cunning too?

Guest skadoosh

snip

snip

snip

Everyone has made good points, but i want to clarify and point out a few things about the fight before we go on.

Firstly, Khan and Scar start on opposite sides of the football stadium, which they have the entirety of, stairs and changing rooms included, to run around in. So, basically, the option to hide and hunt each other stealthily is available from the beginning.

When faced with fire Scar was completely fine while Khan, simply because he wasn't used to it, was completely terrified. This, along with his generally cunning mindset, suggests that Scar is the more intelligent of the two.

Other than defeating a bear, which is obviously a very impressive feat, Khan doesn't have many other showings of physical prowess. Unless i'm missing something important..?

Yes you're missing something since you evidently didn't read the prior points - Shere Khan clearly has physical prowess superior to the likes of Scar, considering his physical condition and his reputation compared to Scar's. He is a large healthy tiger in his prime compared to the frail Scar.

Also fear of fire does not correlate to lack of cunning or intelligence and doesn't assist Scar being more intelligent in that respect.

And since they start on opposite ends... Shere Khan still runs him down - there's not really much Scar can take advantage of since he doesn't have opposable thumbs.

Guest skadoosh

Why wouldn't i read people's points? That defeats the whole point of the site. Just saying things like Khan is in his prime or Khan is physically powerful doesn't mean anything. Those points need to be backed up with proof. When is it stated in the film that Khan is in his prime? What other feats of physical prowess does he have other than fighting the bear?

Khan is clearly less intelligent than Scar regarding fire as he ran away from it, while Scar was able to be near it and even touch hot embers without any fuss. Other than that, i agree with what's been said, they are both smart predators, but Scar does seem to be more cunning, as he plotted to kill and usurp his brother and whatnot. Also, Scar fought Mufasa, albeit not very well, and held his own against Simba, so he's clearly far from frail, just not necessarily on a par with khan physically.

Thank you for demonstrating that you actually didn't read some of the points.

A few things that were used: His reputation for his ferocity/fighting capabilities in the jungle and the fact he defeated Baloo indicate prowess. He's also gone around murdering every and all humans that come into the Jungle except for Mowgli. He's considered incredibly fearsome due to his cruelness as well. If you actually read the thread - you'd know the point in regard to his physical prowess/fitness was in regard to being superior to Scar's. Furthermore - the assumption that he is in his prime comes from the fact he is an adult tiger in an incredibly healthy shape - he's around the same age as Baloo and Bangheera themselves (they were friends when they were cubs), so unless you want to make the stipulation he's a young tiger (which wouldn't make sense) or he's an old Tiger (Which again wouldn't make sense as Bangheera the Panther would be old too alongside Baloo).

And go educate yourself on the difference between fear and intellect - Shere Khan is afraid of fire and guns due to the fact it was both that murdered his family or so from the implication. I repeat my last post in regards to this again. Futhermore - after doing some actual research, it appears he may very well have overcome both fears due to Mowgli, which pretty much means either way, it doesn't play any impact on intellect. -.-

Scar never really fought Mufasa (from what I can find) and Scar holding his own against Simba rather hurts him more than helps him as Simba had the advantage in physical fitness despite his inexperience in fighting and Scar had to resort to his tricks, i.e. flinging hot embers into Simba's face just to barely edge out a conceivable win. So he's definitely no where being near on par with the likes of Shere Khan.

Also, Scar is indeed cunning - the argument being made here is that Shere Khan isn't an imbecile as you make him out to be - the point is, there's little Scar can utilize to his advantage in the stadium and Shere Khan can easily catch up and murder Scar before Scar can figure out a plan.

Guest skadoosh

You're being too over the top for this to be enjoyable. I read everything, why wouldn't i? I asked the question, i read the answers, i had more questions. Simple. However, until now, nobody had given me a fact to prove that Khan was in his prime, or any other major feats of his physical capability. The latter i still don't actually have, as we don't see him fight anything else other than the bear in the film, really. Khan certainly doesn't overcome his fear of fire in the film, either. I never said anything that would imply Khan is an imbecile, that's just an exaggeration.

Anyway, Khan wins. Good game.

Guest Betterman

Shere Khan had just about everybody shitting themselves. He was intending to kill Mowgli and the Wolves sent him away which pretty much indicates that if/when he came to do the deed there's jack they could do to actually stop him.

Scar openly acknowledged that he wasn't one for physical prowess, relying on brains rather than brawn. He only got the upper hand on Simba after throwing burning embers in his face, but otherwise it was relatively even. Though he lost.
Essentially, Scar had to fight dirty to even have Simba on the ropes: first he had to play psychological warfare, then he had to to cheap shot him.

Shere Khan didn't cheap shot Baloo, he just smacked the crap out of him.

All in all, Shere Khan was portrayed as the bigger, stronger threat. He takes this.

Guest Lunacyde

Shere Khan had just about everybody shitting themselves. He was intending to kill Mowgli and the Wolves sent him away which pretty much indicates that if/when he came to do the deed there's jack they could do to actually stop him.

Scar openly acknowledged that he wasn't one for physical prowess, relying on brains rather than brawn. He only got the upper hand on Simba after throwing burning embers in his face, but otherwise it was relatively even. Though he lost.

Essentially, Scar had to fight dirty to even have Simba on the ropes: first he had to play psychological warfare, then he had to to cheap shot him.

Shere Khan didn't cheap shot Baloo, he just smacked the crap out of him.

All in all, Shere Khan was portrayed as the bigger, stronger threat. He takes this.

No need to comment...this covers it.