Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Rumble 20566 Hippo vs. Rocksteady
MATCH SCORE
Hippo: 3
Rocksteady: 2

Khazan Falling

treacherous

Guest KevinDWolf93

Zach was focused on Slag's invisible wrestling when it sounded like apocalypse was starting outside.

"The hell is that racvket?" he snarks, though that was to overtake the gut-wrenching feeling he had. Someone was using the big guns on somebody else and they might be next. He readies himself to go into action.

<Perhaps we should morph now?> Cryo suggests, though Zach declines. He does mentally admit that whatever was outside needed more than icicles to beat but everyone was on-edge as it was. Needless to say that when the room dimmed, he feared the worse and was ready to counter-attack. As Gandal makes his presence known rather abruptly, Zach finds the ice dagger poised to throw at the newcomer. Luckily he hadn't fired the thing off....yet, but unless he got less threatening the idea was swimming around in the young heroes head.

"Erm....enough of what?" he asks after the others ask more colorful responses. Zach realizes that was a stupid question, but it was more dignified than 'So, stop wrestling with the invisible midget?'

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Judging by the racket, we are all in imminent danger."

Bringing his sword up he held it in one hand and pointed the tip towards the wizard.

"Wizard!  Explain yourself and tell us what is happening."

"Greetings travelers, I am Gandalf the White of Middle Earth.  You must forgive me for not being forthright about your appearances in this strange place.  Nonetheless, drastic measures had to be taken to insure the continuation of existence as we know it." Their mouths dropped at the words.  Gandalf's face went sour with despair.

"Oh yes, you heard correctly.  Do you hear the sounds of war beyond those walls?  That... is a reality falling, my reality, and my world.  That... is why you are here."

"Bullshit!" Pyro called from a distance.  "Is that why you have your little invisible thief robbing us blind?"  He ignites his hands and steps fiercely towards the Hobbit.  The flames jump through the air and coil around the Hobbit like a snake.

Gandalf returned a stern glare at the mutant, "There isn't time for these games."  He turns his head towards the woman choking Mr. Baggins.  "Could you please unhand my friend, Mr. Baggins?"  She backs up slowly, but still holds the Hobbit firmly.  Bilbo tries to protest, but coughs instead.  "Fate brought you here, but it was up to me to determine your worthiness for this effort.  Mr. Bilbo was only following directions to help me discern your characters for this mission."

"...and what makes you think we'll join you on some mission" 

This interjection was followed with another round of uproar and objections towards the wizard.

"Who cares what happens to your world."

"Take us home."

"This is crazy!"

They yelled.

"You were brought here under the power of the Key of Khazan... or at least under a portion of its power."  Gandalf said speaking over the crowd.  "With this crystal shard..." He points to a stone placed at the tip of his staff, "a man can traverse any realm in existence; within limits.  This shard is what the Enemy desires."

"Then use it to take us home." A voice shouts.  Suddenly, the room shakes and massive eruptions occur outside.  Statues fall and decorations crash upon the floor.  Screams of anguish encroach on the Hall.  Gandalf rushes to finish, "This shard was once owned by another wizard in a realm known as Khazan Prime, the Nexus of all Reality.  With this jewel in Khazan Prime, a person could hold all of space and time at his whim."

Gandalf's face became grim.  "That was until the enemy arrived with an unimaginable force.  Khazan Prime is old, very old.  Once it was a place of great power and heroes, but at the time of its destruction, it was a mere shadow of its former self.  It is unknown how the Enemy came to Khazan Prime, but once there he happened upon the Wizard in Foxtail Park.  The wizard was the keeper of the Key."  Another explosion boomed at what seemed to be the front door.  "The owner of the gem has been captured by an unknown evil who seeks to gain power over all there is.  From Khazan Prime he uses reserved energy from the Key to traverse through portals and terrorize all realities.  Before my counterpart could be captured, he scattered this gem across infinity and bequeathed the shards to someone he felt he could trust.  I am that individual."

"So what do you want from us." Batman said softly from a dark corner.

"As we speak, most of your worlds are destroyed or are being destroyed.  I need a covert team to work against the Enemy to send these shards..." with those words, he shattered crystal into several smallish fragments.  "To others of the ability to wield it."

"Why can't these powerful friends of yours work together?"

"Why does it need to be in pieces?"

"The Enemy is torturing the original owner.  He has gained information of my whereabouts has come.  My world has come to...its end."  Gandalf's face becomes glum.  "The Enemy is not aware of your existence.  He will not suspect the splitting of the shard.  We must get the Key to the others and hide them away across reality."

"Bah, this is your war old man.  I want to go home." Someone said.

"At this point..." Gandalf proclaimed, "You have a simple choice."  He raised his hand and unbeknownst to those in attendance, the portals sprung forth once again.  With that, he wraps the shard in papers that have the name of the persons you need to encounter on them.  "You may take these shards and perhaps stem the tide of the end of all existence or you may return to your homes which may or may not be destroyed, but will most certainly be destroyed if you do not act."

Okay guys, you have three choices:

1. Go home! 
  2. Take a portion of the Key and enter one of three portals.

If you choose the portals, you have six choices:

1. The Mirror
  2. The Fountain
  3. The Shadowy corner
  4. The Misty corner
  5. The Window
  6. The Crack in the Floor

There are six shards, so one of you will get the shard, and whoever else chooses to go on the missions will follow that person.  You'll have to decide who gets the shards yourself.  If one of you want to take a shard and run off into a portal, that's up to you too.  I will tell you the names on the paper once you choose.

Guest Red_Dragon

"I suggest a drawing to choose who holds onto the shard. No one in this gathering is going to vote for anyone but himself." Shifting through his pockets, Lion pulls out some twenty dollar bills and rips them in half. "Does anyone have a pen?"

"Why in the hell would you ruin sweet, sweet money. You could buy like 20 tacos with that man. Or 10 tacos and a cheap bottle of tequilla! I'm kicking you ass when this is over kitty cat!" Deadpool cries to Lion

"I told you I smelled wizardy! People are dying, mad man destroying reality, and all that good shit. You need me to kill someone holding a shiny object, you're a wizard who is friends with a midget, you surely have some gold to give me. Give me a shiny object! I'm taking the window!" Deadpool screams in excitement

You literally have no idea what's going on or even you're going to get paid. You do realize this is something nice, right?

"Hell yeah it's nice and maybe will get me laid! Get the shiny object, save the world, and then comes money and bitches. How are you in my head and not know these things?" Deadpool shrugs

You taking anyone with you?

"Sweet tits? If not sweet tits, then I don't want anyone. Dracula chick scares me too much to try and impress. Alright sweet tits, you coming with me?" Deadpool asks Karen

Guest thanosisawesome

Batman almost (almost) laughed at the lion man's suggestion. "I don't know any of you, and further I don't trust any of you. And if any of you resort to a drawing, then you're damn fools. I'll take one of the shards to the Shadowy Corner." He then took the shard and began walking towards the portal.

Guest bigballerju

Jennifer listened to the wizard as she grew with excitement and a evil grin came on her face. Before all the shards were taken she ran and snatched a shard then jumped through the portal where there was a crack in the floor. As she did Jennifer laughed and uttered a last line.

" Lets see who has the stones to follow me. HA HA! "

Guest KevinDWolf93

Zach listens well to the wizard. "Ok...." he grunts as the fact that the state of the world was in jeapordy. Of course he was in otherwise he oughta turn in his SLJ badge. Now before he could wonder why a higherup wasn't picked he decided that there was probably a pattern to what each portal meant. Zach wasa go-getter, that's exactly what got him where he is, but he wanted to think carefully on this one.

<Hmm, the window may mean air.....I am not aware any of us can fly.> Cryodon pitches in. Zach frowns, though it made sense. Not like any of his options sounded better. Mist might be a place hard to see, the foundain could lead to the middle of the ocean, hell the crack on the floor could go straight ot the center of the earth...

"Boy I really suck with riddles." he mutters aloud, meant for cryo but clearly audible to others. He definitely didn't wanna go solo however. As he thought his eyes drifted over to deadpool. Now the woman was probably not goin to take Deadpool on his offer, but hey it was a start if even one of em agreed. He creeps over to the two as Cryo does his best to profile them.

"Hey uh....wanna group up? Got a feeling that might come in handy....thinking the mirror might just be a psychological trip rather than anything physical...assuming the portals have any meaning. I overthink things sometimes..." he mutters before greeting them calling himself Mr. mammoth through his hoodie and sunglasses. Admittadely his costume didn't really have a mammoth motif....

John frowned. "I may be a bastard but I'm not a f**king bastard. I want a world to go back to, thank you very much. I'm in." The fiery mutant remarked passionately, heading for the Portal leading to the Shadowy Corner, trailing the one in the batsuit.

He glanced at him for a second, broke into a smirk and then chuckled. "Hey, batboy. Know that I don't play well with others. Not that I care what happens to you, just don't get in my way and I won't have to incinerate ya." John said, arms crossed as they headed towards the portal.

Guest deojusto

Slag is still wrestling with the squirming hobbit when she feels the tap of The Broker's cane at her shoulder. His expression is something between a smirk and a grimace.

"I believe now may be the time to let him go," he says, "for while it was certainly entertaining for everyone here, it seems we no longer have the time to deal with him. Also you look ridiculous."

Slag grunts in response, and then lets go. The pitter-patter of tiny, furry, feet scatter across the floor. Slag straightens any parts of her ensemble that may have gotten pushed out of place during the scuffle. She checks her jeans and finds a tiny cut above her knee. Molten ore is already bleeding out and singeing the denim.

"Dammit, not again..."

She looks down and finds the cause of the cut, a long and impeccably sharp knife. She picks it up and examines it.

"The little rat must have stolen it. I can't get wait to go home, away from all these mystic portals, and invisible thieving midgets, er, little people."

"Oh we aren't going home," The Broker replies.

"What?"

"As much as I would like to return, we have been given quite an opportunity. These shards can open doors to other worlds. That makes them astounding, immensely important, and priceless... well not entirely priceless. Everything has it's price, but why would you ever sell?"

He picks up and manipulates the shard of the "˜misty corner' in his hand.

"Imagine it, opening a door to an entirely new world. Their technology, magic, abilities, patents, and resources all in your hands, and you would be the only one of your realm with access to them...no, that may actually be priceless."

"But what of the ill-defined "˜Enemy'," Slag suggests, "wouldn't they just kill us for it? How can you profit off it if we're dead?"

"A fair point," he replies, "but they aren't my enemy, and who knows, they may be more receptive then our kidnapper alleges. They may even have a better offer. Speaking of offers ..."

He pockets the crystal and takes the knife from Slag's hand. He taps Deathstroke on the shoulder with its hilt.

"Mr. Wilson, isn't it?" he says with a sterile smile, "You'll have to forgive me the lack of formal greetings, but considering the situation, I doubt we have time for it. Don't ask how I know, but you seem to me to be a man who can get things done; I've always admired the mercenary spirit. Consider my retrieving this property on your behalf, as simply an indication of better things to come."

He tosses the knife high in the air and strolls out towards the misty corner portal. Slag follows quick behind the boss and they move into the portal before getting a response.

Guest potterpuppetpals

Calendar Man sat at the back of the crowd paying little attention to anything going on. He then hears Gandalf and Batman say something about taking a shard to the Shadowy Corner. He decides then and there that if he wants to survive this mess, he'll stay well away from Batman.

He shoves through the crowd (most of which not even realising his presense) and speaks up...

"I'll take a shard to the Misty Corner!"

Guest Pseudonym

Go Home

It seemed the obvious answer. No one in the room seemed trustworthy. There was the creepy masked guy who kept hitting on her. The other girl who was wrestling with an invisible someone. Her wallet had gone missing. The vampire chick was calling for blood and one of the two people she recognized from the television was muttering to himself.

It's scary here, Go Home

But Karen knew to follow her fear. She'd done it in the ring time and time again, up against seven foot monsters with three black belts in disciplines she'd never heard of and couldn't pronounce. And every time she followed her fear, she ended up with the referee holding her wrist, thrusting her hand in the air. 

No, don't do it

"Yeah, I'll come along," she responded to Zach. Her stomach was twisting itself into knots. She felt herself about to throw up. 

Then she gave a significant glance toward the Misty Corner. "We should go there, guys. Everyone seems to be going there."

Guest KevinDWolf93

Zach looks over to the place mentioned, it wasn't a bad idea.

<We are looking for strength in numbers> Cryo points out. Zach mulls it over, but he's reminded there are six portals to go through.

"I suppose they are, though if we all funnel into one or two places then we might not succeed in what GreyBeard's asking of us. I'm all for having backup but three's a solid number....what do you think?" he says, looking to Deadpool, sorta still counting him as a part of the trio.

Guest Pseudonym

"We're following him?" Karen quirked an eyebrow at Zach. "When we're on the other side. One of us is in charge." She walked through the portal, smiling back at him.

Guest KevinDWolf93

Zach watches Deadpool give a running charge. He glances over to karen, too late to take that back now.

<I agree with the woman> Cryo mutters on the subject of someone else getting ahold of the key. Zach just givs a nod to both Karen and the ice god before remembering something. Phones.If Bilbo was still around he'd try to swipe his and karen's cell phones back before following through the window. Cryo was on standby in case Mr. Mammoth was needed, which was probably likely....if only for Deadpool.

Guest Red_Dragon

Sighing, the Lion jumped through the crack in the floor to follow the blood thirsty vampire. She was the only occupant he knew, and for some reason, none of the other vigilantes had gone after her. Maybe he could talk some sense into her, but if worst came to worst, he had beaten her before. He was sure he could do it again.

Slade stood back as he contemplated his choices.  He could tell Gandalf wasn't the kind to go through all this trouble for nothing.  He watched as the others headed off, unknowing of what awaited them.  Judging carefully, he chose the Mirror.  Something in his gut just made him feel it was were he needed to go.

Walking up to the Wizard, Slade took a shard and headed towards the portal.  Before entering he looked over his shoulder to see if anyone was following him.

Guest potterpuppetpals

Calendar Man looks around him. He has arrived at the Misty Corner and now the Broker and Slag are dueling Balrog. He has been entrusted with the shard by his teammates. But then he pauses for a second...

It was around 11 O'Clock March 31st on the day he was brought to the hall. It's been a few hours since. The date is now April 1st. April Fools Day.

Calendar Man tucks the shard into his pocket andruns off, taking out any guards in his way.

"April Fools!"