Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Rumble 20548 Maui (Moana) vs. Skar King
MATCH SCORE
Maui (Moana): 4
Skar King: 1

Khazan Falling

treacherous

At some point in his long and illustrious career, The Wizard in Foxtail park was entrusted with the key to Khazan Prime.  With this magical key a person can travel at will to and from Khazan Prime anytime and to anyplace.  Now, the Wizard of Foxtail Park has come up missing - kidnapped to be exact.  The only item found at the scene of the abduction was a wax sealed note which read:

The Omniverse is doomed.

With the general public mostly unaware of the key or of Khazan's sheer existence, the call must be made for a covert team of heroes to traverse the Omniverse for clues to return the mage or at least the key to its rightful place.  Good luck heroes, you'll need it. 

Players

Heroes

• Darkender : Catatonia
  • Pseudonym : Karen Fox
  • KevinDWolf : Mr. Mammoth
  • Kainboa : Cardiac
  • The PhenomenalOne : Deadpool
  • Red_Dragon : the Lion
  • Thanosisawesome - Batman

Villains

• Deojusto : Broker
  • Bigballerju : Jennifer Blood
  • Deojusto : Slag
  • Nova Force Nova : Pyro
  • xLegacyx : Deathstroke
  • Potterpuppetpals : Calendar Man

Rules:

• Do not RP any other characters but your own. You can say:

"Spiderman attempts to throw Batman out a window."

But you can't say:

"Spiderman picks Batman up and throws him out the window, his head explodes"

You can't do this to other player characters or GM characters.  Within the game, I will throw challenges at you.  You can tell what you are attempting to do and I'll give you the results.  This is due in part to the fact that I will probably set a certain threshold of damage a GM controlled challenger can take until they are brought down by you.  So, if you say:

"Spiderman throws robot soldier out a window."

I might respond:

"Robot soldier hits the ground hard, gets up, his head falls off and he returns to the fight blind."

Then, you can continue your attack until it is dead.  Get it?

• The only other rule is try to not to quote unless you are really good at grabbing specific quotes only needed for what you are doing.  Professional quoting.  OOC for anything not in character (but you all know this).
  • I will initiate all fights, but if you just can't hold yourself and want to fight someone, let me know OOC and I might allow it in a Rumbles or FPL Battle.  But if you do so, you are holding up the storyline and everyone may get mad at you, so it better be for a good reason.

That's really it, let's go!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Khazan Falling

She spun around in the department store mirror; trying a few sparring punches with a pair of mixed martial arts gloves.  "Nice." She said quietly.  After a few amateur poses, she decided she couldn't afford them.  Putting the gloves back, Karen Fox glanced around the store and realized she was alone.  Well, not entirely alone, but the group of girls she entered with were most definitely not around.  There was a heavy set woman, who perused fitness clothes, a young dark-haired girl and a couple with a young child in the kid's outdoor equipment.  The store clerk was mindlessly working away.  Karen's head darted around looking for her friends.  She knew they were with her when she walked in... or at least she thought they were. 

She sighed.  She had wanted to try on a few clothes in the dressing room, but didn't intend to get separated from her friends.  Scrunching up her nose in frustration, she turned towards the exit to find her entourage, when something caught her attention – a movement in the mirror.  Flicking her eyes towards it, she saw nothing.  She glanced in the other direction and suddenly realized she was completely alone in the store.  Strange, she thought.   Then with a glinting, shimmer it happened again from the direction of the mirror. 

She glowered as she gazed again into the nearby mirror.  Surely her imagination was conjuring up the façade of what looked to be a hazy mist in the reflection.  Again, she glanced backwards... nothing.  The store seemed harmlessly indifferent, yet still eerily empty.  "Hello?" She called out.  There was no response.  Her instinct took over and she turned to leave quickly, bumping into the mirror.  The reflection rippled like water.

Karen's eyes widened in wonder.  "What in the...?"  Slowly, she paused and reached cautiously towards the illusion.  Her hand touched the surface of the mirror and to her horrific surprise, it passed through effortlessly.  She gasped while trying to scream and pull back.  Her arm was caught.  She pulled, but the harder she pulled, the more her arm sunk into the mirror.  A soundless scream emptied from her lungs as her body entered shoulder length, then her neck and leg, her head...

Elsewhere...

Slade Wilson peered through the scope of a long-range sniper rifle.  Several times, he tried to clear the strange rippling effect that was clouding its eyehole, to no avail.  He huffed, and reached to unscrew the piece to replace it.  His jumped back slightly as his finger became stuck in the eyehole.  Within seconds, his entire body passed impossibly through the smallish eyehole like some children's cartoon, "Someone is going to paaaaaaa....." and he was gone.

In other worlds...

John Allerdyce, the mutant known as Pyro, raged with a controlled chaos at the incoming police force.  Even the pouring rain couldn't smother his fury.  He roared, stepped back and fell into a puddle and vanished.

In yet another place...

"YEAH CHIMICHANGA!" Wade Wilson squealed aloud.  Picking up the dead body next to him, he propped its head up like a puppet. 

"Hey man, you going to share some of that?" he voiced the dead man's lips like a ventriloquist.  Deadpool looked at him absent mindedly as a thick fog entered the room.  Wade turned his head and addressed... ME?

"Yeah you!  If you think I'm falling for this badly written space/time warp continuum Star Trek hoo haa, you got another thing comin..."  The mercenary raised his katana at...well...at me?  Before he could finish, he was gone.  Sorry guys, I didn't have time for that.  I have an RP to do. 

Finally, we begin...

An old wizened sorcerer paced back and forth in a corner of an enormous great hall; standing sagely by his side, an ornately dressed, slender man with pointed ears.  As he did so, dozens of strangers filled his room; pouring from mystical doorways.  The commotion was mind-numbing as outsiders of all sorts streamed into his court.  As they didn't acknowledge him as the keeper of the residence and most of the incoming crowd was diverse to say the least, he was mostly ignored as they shouted in confusion and clamored for attention.  He looked up with a squinting eye and noticed a young girl wearing boxing gloves stepping through a mirror and into the room.  A man oddly garbed in dark attire with a Bat insignia on his chest appeared in a puff of smoke.  Likewise, two loudly dressed men adorned with a plethora of odd, assorted things that looked to be very dangerous came in fiercely.  One of them was talking to his sword.  Yet, the old wizard recognized a well-honed blade anywhere.  He snorted in derision and continued pacing.

Elrond turned with a highly arched eyebrow and looked at Gandalf.  "Are you sure this is a..." he scowled at the peculiar assortment of characters that entered their great hall, "...a good idea?"  Gandalf blew a puff of smoke from his pipe, "I don't know.  But what do we ever know in these times of trial and tribulation."  He exhaled as the crowd began to grow tense.  "It is time to close the portals." Elrond said.  "Very well."  Gandalf raised his arms with staff in hand.  With a few loud boisterous incantation, the portals bringing the strangers in closed.  Nothing changed in the room as none noticed the spell's alteration.  The disordered tempo of the hall continued unbroken.  "Your concealing spell is working well, my old friend."  Gandalf nodded slightly, but a look of concern drew upon his face.  "You are worried about the Elvin enchantments on this hall Gandalf."  Elrond asks the old wizard.  He smirks and leans heavy on his staff, "The power of your spells, I have no fear of... but the malevolence radiating from some of these individuals is astronomical to say the least."  Elrond takes a deep breath, "To say the least.  Well then, what now?" 

Gandalf also breathes in deeply, "We watch them, and we wait.  The spell lured whom it would lure; it is not for us to question, but for us to choose." 

"Then we wait and we choose, but we must do it quickly for the Enemy waits on no one." 

(OOC: Okay guys, you are somewhere.  You don't know where, you have been brought here by who knows what.  All that participate are here as well as some regular folks from different universes.  Meanwhile, unbeknownst to you all, Elrond and Gandalf of Lord of the Rings are in the corner under a concealing spell, watching you all.  Have fun till I return.  The game is afoot, what will you do in this big Hall?  Try not to kill each other.  If you have any questions, ask me in the Planning topic.)

Guest thanosisawesome

Batman gasped with shock as he appeared in the hall, the quickly mastered his expression. He began taking stock of the situation. One minute he was in Gotham, the next an unknown hall. He began making note of the dozen other beings in the room, a few of whom he recognized. Normally he would take charge in this situation, but he decided to let another speak first, lest it be made clear how little he knew of the situation.

What the hell? Where am I? Pyro thought to himself, immediately raising his hand and lighting a flame to light up the area better.

He glanced around at all the strange faces.

3651918_std.jpg

This could be problematic.

Slade drew his sword and eyed everyone in the room.  His heart beat fast as he distanced himself from the others.  He had no idea what had happened but he wasn't going to play the victim.  He stayed ready.  He would not make the first strike but would be ready someone else tried.  Standing in a corner he watched every movement and gesture like a hawk.  Until he knew more, he would keep to himself.  Slade saw Batman on the far side of the room and knew the Dark Knight saw him.  He had worked with and against the man but if worst came to worst, he would prevail victorious.

Guest thanosisawesome

Batman made a mental index of the unknowns and any abilities they exhibited, including the one who had just lit the room with his apparent fire powers.

OOC: We'll see Legacy.

Wade still had his katana drawn as he was teleported to the room with all of these people.

I didn't finish my chimichanga and I still need to get the other half of my money! You want to take to some unknown, dark corner of the internet on a comic book forum? I'll play, you better give me some damn money for whoever you want me to kill. That's why I'm here right? You want me to kill someone?"

"There are people here, and they're staring at you."

Wade was talking pretty loudly when he started to realize he was being stared at.

"I know that! We'll talk later. Hey! Hothands! How the hell you doing? Is that freaking Batman?" "Shit, that is Batman." "No.Way.Awesome! Who in the hell is the bad dressed, cheap version of me?"

Wade walks up to Deathstroke and inches close to his mask as he whispers

"Are you deformed under there too?"

Guest Pseudonym

Karen stood up slowly, glancing around at everyone else in the room. Being pulled through a mirror can make a girl nervous. She tried to figure out if there was any sort of commonality between the group. It seemed she was the only girl and moreover everyone else was an adult. Someone had to have owned the hand that pulled her through the mirror, but she wasn't sure who. 

Cautious, Karen backed up to a wall and swivelled her head back and forth. She swallowed nervously and then spoke aloud to the room as a whole, "Okay, so does anyone know where we are?"

Guest thanosisawesome

Batman was attempting to triangulate his position using GPS with no luck. He continued observing the others, especially the obviously deranged one.

Guest bigballerju

What the f**k?! Where did I get dragged to now?

Jennifer thought annoyed that once again someone had snatched her from nowhere and without her authority. It had been a hell of a few weeks since she had run into multiple heroes in Khazan and got involved many battles with all sorts of superheroes trying to track her down for her killing spree. Jennifer usually left her victims in a bloody mess choking on there own blood and swimming in a pile of there own insides. Jennifer Blood watched the dozens of other beings in the room with a grin as she observed everyone's reactions to being dragged to this horrible place. The one in the bat costume looked tasty as her mouth watered a bit at the thought of how delicious his blood must be and she grew with delight at the fact he might actually put up a fight after observing him for a while. Or better he may bring her great pleasure in all sorts of ways. It was the mysterious ones you had to watch out for. Jennifer looked at the scared young girl who looked like she would be the first to die if this was some sort of sick death tournament or game they would had to pay. By looking at the room this was no place for weakness. 

In order to do the right thing you must be bad and do something horrible. That is the true way of things. I will honor that no matter what I am here for. I also will kill for the hell of it but that's for later until I know more.

Jennifer looked at everyone and spoke up.

" So let's clear the air up. Whose a hero and whose a villain? I hate heroes. Let's get this out the way now. I kill them for pleasure and delight. Also what the hell is going on here?"

Guest KevinDWolf93

Zachery Parke had been in the dark chamber for awhile now. Everyone up till now was minding their own business, so he did the same. He had someone to converse with anyways. He was with his back against a wall

<....hmm, judging from the choices whoever is doing this doesn't seem to be too picky.> the voice inside the young hero claims. Zach nods in agreement but remained silent. Luckily he had his bag in case anything went wrong. In fact he tooka  moment to put the overcoat and bandanna around, not exactly the full disguise but stripping down wasn;t a fun thought even in this dark a room. He hears a girl start talking...she was vaguely familiar,, probably something SLJ related if the face was familiar-ish. He could figure that out later. Then he heard a very boisterous voice also female.

" So let's clear the air up. Whose a hero and whose a villain? I hate heroes. Let's get this out the way now. I kill them for pleasure and delight. Also what the hell is going on here?"

"...spectacular" Zach growls. He forms an icile in his hand, but is wary at first. He looks to the source of the voice before responding. "Hey, uh. Thanks for the heads-up but unless some sick asshole wants to play hunger games, let's keep chill ok? Not sure where we are but.....nothing bad's happened yet. We can keep it that way for the moment." he grunts, very cautious to see if she responds or anyone else jumps in. Cryodon was busy running backup for Zach's senses. Anything the kid didn't catch, he would.

Guest thanosisawesome

Batman responded to the obviously insane individual who had spoken up. "No one will be killing anyone. We have no idea what's going on, as this boy said, there's no need for conflict, at least until we figure out where we are."

"Well, I kill people for money." Wade says as he uses his Katana as a toothpick. "But....I do help out the good guys a lot I guess? As a matter of fact, I'm actually do in an Avengers RP that's taking place on this same site!" Wade screams in excitement

"They have no idea what you're talking about, and that vampire chick is probably going to suck you, and not in a good way. Keep the behind the wall shit to a minimum so you don't get shot yet." Wade thinks

"Good plan." Wade responds. He starts scratching his head with his katana as he thinks.

"Hey, fire guy. What the hell's your name? Human Torch?" Wade thinks puzzled

"That's Fantastic 4, that's Pyro. Mutant. Remember?" His voice says

"Pyro! He's a bad guy. Dude that looks like me, probably a bad guy. Young chick? Don't care, she's hot. Crazy chick who called everyone out is either a bad guy or on her period!" Wade screams

Guest KevinDWolf93

Zach pouts as he heard Batman reiterate his complaint.

"That's what I just said..." he grumbles by himself before looking around a bit more, no signs of SLJ yet,, just this luck. With his focus elsewhere he fails to note the obvious until Cryo of all people brings it up.

<Zachery, the one who just spoke...he's in your memory bank.> he grunts, looking around to no avail

"Not sure who you mean..." he says, dumbfounded, not recognizing anyone just yet as Deadpool comes back in with rambling. "Right then....." responds, listening to the talker, a bit pissed that he was ignored again.

Guest deojusto

Not too far from the 'conversation', hidden behind a white hooded assassin and a particularly romantic tentacle creature, stood two more seemingly random additions to the mix. They presented themselves in such completely different fashions that you would not be blamed for thinking that they were as much strangers to each other as they were to everyone else. You would still be wrong however.

Slag brushes the hair from her eyes and peeks over the hooded assassin's shoulder. He must feel uncomfortable about this, because as soon as she does, he inconspicuously, yet still rudely, began pushing his way through the mob. Slag ignores him and looks towards the group talking in the middle, finding one of its members to be somewhat familiar.

"Hey that's Ice-pun guy"

The Broker doesn't respond. He's taken his tablet out and is pushing back his appointments to make room for this new set of circumstances.

"Hmm?"

"Ice-pun guy," Slag says, "the one without a mask talking to the pale naked broad. We've... met before."

"I see," the Broker responds, "is he a major threat, someone I should be concerned about?"

Her eyes go wide.

"Him? No. I mean, he may have gotten in a few good shots last time... maybe more than a few."

"I see," he says as the tablet gets placed back in his suit pocket, "and as sure as I am that your revenge would be both rewarding for you and entertaining for me, it may be better to hold off for now. These things can take lives of their own if personal aggression runs rampant; in most cases the best option is to assess all the players, study the rules, and then find the most opportune ways to break them... the rules that is; though breaking the players may not be entirely implausible as a strategy."

She looks back at him with a grimace.

"You've done this kind of thing before, haven't you?"

He smiles affably.

"I've done things like this. And usually I've done them to other people, not as a participant myself, but yes. Now, as I said, step one, I must assess the players... And by I, I of course mean you."

He extends his hand. Slag swallows and breathes deep. She digs her hand from her pocket, and whatever reluctance she has is not voiced.

"Yes sir."

She shakes his hand; her mind expands. She searches for voices, minds, histories, and powers. She searches for who will be useful...

Broker uses polymorph to give Slag telepathy so she can scan the room and get a mental vibe on everyone there.

Guest potterpuppetpals

"Yes! I'm finally free!"

Calendar Man, a third-rate enemy of Batman was dragged through the mystical doorways as well to the great hall. He glanced around, looking at all the strange people around him, and sees Batman.

"Oh..."

Guest thanosisawesome

Broker uses polymorph to give Slag telepathy so she can scan the room and get a mental vibe on everyone there.

OOC: Batman's cowl is shielded against telepathy, so you probably won't get a read on him.

"So...are any of you going to answer that question, or do I have to make you tell me?" John remarked with a smirk. "I can do that." He coldly informed as he projected another flame in his palm and started manipulating it. "Real question is...do I have to or are all of ya as lost as I am? I doubt that, one of ya surely brought the rest of us here." John noted, glancing at all the faces, but especially at the one who had identified him moments ago.

As Gandalf and Elrond watched intently, an Elven envoy of the outer territories of Middle Earth entered the room.  Rushing to the side of the master of the hall, he spoke in hushed tones with urgent fervor to the lord.  Elrond's face did not mask the dismay he felt towards the message presented.  Gandalf noticed this and frowned heavily.  Within a few seconds, the messenger finished bowed and rushed from the room.  "What say he?" Gandalf questioned.  Elrond grimaced heavily.  Gandalf understood immediately.  The enemy was upon them.  "We must speed these proceedings along, Gandalf."  The old wizard nodded in agreement and whistled a melodic tune.  Within seconds a hummingbird fluttered to his finger.  With a whisper to the bird, it was gone, flittering off with a magical message.

Guest Pseudonym

Karen jumped. "Hey, that guy's talking to the corner! That hummingbird just landed on nothing!" She pushed through the crowd toward the corner where she could have sworn she saw something. She figured at least someone would follow behind her.

Guest potterpuppetpals

Calendar Man tried to hide behind other people, in order to stay out of Batman's sights. Truth is, Batman already saw Calendar Man enter, though knows he isn't much a threat, so doesn't react.

"Shit."

Caitlin's head throbbed as an assortment of voices went on in the background. She gazed into the dark room and saw the dozen of figures that accompanied her. She stood slowly. Her eyes went first to the man who carried the flame in his palm and then scanned all that the light touched. Someone had brought her here, someone had seemingly brought them all here. The problem now was to figure out for what. 

Batman responded to the obviously insane individual who had spoken up. "No one will be killing anyone. We have no idea what's going on, as this boy said, there's no need for conflict, at least until we figure out where we are."

"Good. But just standing here is getting us nowhere."

As the words left her lips she felt the presence of another's mind brush against hers. She immediately went on guard. 

John had also noticed the strange occurrence in the corner but did nothing about it other than raising his eyebrows in a confused manner. He did not recognize any of these individuals. They were all unknowns and that made them all potential threats, so he just kept watching them all from the area he was at, wary and alert.