Namaari: 2
Azog: 3

Rumble 20553 Henry Evans vs. Koba
MATCH SCORE
Henry Evans: 0
Koba: 5

Match 13350 Captain America vs. The Flash

Guest Odin

Captain America couldnt believe his eyes a member of the justice leauge had just appeared through a vortex and punched him in the gut.

CA: Why did you do that the jla and avengers have always been allies.

Flash: Our doctor fate just told us about two brothers trying to push two worlds together and combining us and since im the fastest jla member i was the first to arrive.

CA: Well i dont know about these brothers but you just started an act of war...

the flash rushes captain America but cap puts his shield up in time having flash punch the shield with a 200 mph fist hurting his hand

Cap: now im ready speedster.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Cap can hold his own against much more powerful foes, but there are limits. His speed and agility help against powerhouses but will not help against someone this much faster than he is, and his shield will be useless against someone who can easily go around it.

Flash can lose this if he makes a mistake (I can see DCAU Flash spending too much time talking and getting knocked out.) I can also see a danger of Flash assuming all of his tricks will work, like vibrating his molecules to let the shield pass through and finding out too late that the unique metal has such a dense molecular structure that this doesn't work. But a Flash who's on top of his game will end this quickly.

Guest bigballerju

Yeah current Flash can make a mistake and still win. New 52 Barry Allen has more abilities and is more powerful with the speed force. Poor Cap.

To everyone i know my set ups are weak i used to care about this and try hard but people were still jerks and never cared about the matches so i come on here to talk to people that care about interesting matches and want to debate because honestly there is barely anyone on this sight because of all the jerks but if you dont like interesting matches like (supes vs martian manhunter, invisible woman vs jean, and this one.) then i will leave you to your lame ass darkseid vs michael jackson dance off and what other stupid matches you have on here.

Now refering to this match cap is the leader of the avengers i think he can hold his own against the flash i mean if you trip a man going 500 mph what happens that being said flash probally is the favorite

also two of my last three matches were the top rated ones and i am sorry for the blow up its just iv had some past experiences on this sight

now that im done lets get back to the discussion

I believe if cap can grab ahold of flash he will win he may have to take a beating first but if he gets in close its game over for the flash

Apology accepted, but I'll still call the quality of matches as I see them. Besides, I'm sure any comments toward how well matches are written are geared towards helping you to improve your writing.

What DSkillz said, Odin. If you want to talk and debate interesting matches don't purposely make a bad setup because people are going to vote bad on it. Instead, use the Rumbles that's what they're for to debate not vote. I'm not trying to be mean but what I'm saying is you don't need to make interesting matches in "matches". Makes them in Rumbles so that way no heat will come to you.

Guest TheDeadpoolOwns

Odin, you blame us for this horrible, lazy writing? Well, when you make Cyclops and Invisible Woman pr0nz, we find that worse, yet you keep making lazy stories. I mean, in this one, there is NO reason why they're fighting. Please, make good matches, and we'll start supporting you.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

To everyone i know my set ups are weak i used to care about this and try hard but people were still jerks and never cared about the matches so i come on here to talk to people that care about interesting matches and want to debate because honestly there is barely anyone on this sight because of all the jerks but if you dont like interesting matches like (supes vs martian manhunter, invisible woman vs jean, and this one.) then i will leave you to your lame ass darkseid vs michael jackson dance off and what other stupid matches you have on here.

Now refering to this match cap is the leader of the avengers i think he can hold his own against the flash i mean if you trip a man going 500 mph what happens that being said flash probally is the favorite

Honestly, I thought that Jean vs. the Invisible Woman was a good match, and Superman vs. Martian Manhunter too. This one seems like a mismatch to me, but not unworthy of discussion for all that.

People here have strong opinions, and sometimes those get expressed in obnoxious ways. I've had it happen in some matches I've posted too. IMO, it's possible to find a polite way to express your honest opinion and I'm sorry that doesn't always happen.

FWIW, I hope you keep posting matches.

Odin, your matches have great debate potential. Some people could be a little gentler in their criticisms but like I keep saying, everybodies a tough guy on the internet. As long as you don't care about your score I think you can post these super short matches all you want. (Your's always gets more attention than mine anyway).

As for this match. Flash is just too fast for Cap, period.

Guest TheDeadpoolOwns

Odin, your matches have great debate potential. Some people could be a little gentler in their criticisms but like I keep saying, everybodies a tough guy on the internet. As long as you don't care about your score I think you can post these super short matches all you want. (Your's always gets more attention than mine anyway).

As for this match. Flash is just too fast for Cap, period.

You're telling me it's okay to make a match that has no real story or anything? That makes no sense...

*hides my horribly made Z Fighters vs Arkham City match*

Well, I can't speak for everyone else, but ever since I first discovered electricferret, and even moreso since I became mod, the main things I've tried to do are to give people advice on how aspects of the CBUB work, give good analyses of matches on characters, and, every now and then, try to give some advice on how improve one's writing. I've never really tried to ridicule anyone here, and, for the most part, no one here has really been exactly malicious, at least as far as I've seen. Some may say things to troll, or even talk about the quality of a match merely to "jump on the bandwagon", as it were, but it's pretty rare that comments here are truly mean-spirited. It does admittedly get frustrating at times, though, when some people are given hints on how things go here and how to work on their writing, but yet seem to ignore most of that advice.

To be quite honest, the CBUB has always been about the matchup and the scenario that came along with it. Looking back at the CBUB Back Issues, the very origin of electricferret itself, most of them didn't simply just ask "Who wins?" Most of those matches had a good, creative scenario behind them, and often an equally creative and even more detailed recap, and all were at least decently legible and written by the webmaster, FoxFingers(Serge). The CBUB has since evolved into a more open format where any user can make scenarios for matchups, and fairly often produced near-fanfiction-level stories, and sometimes even something beyond that. From this, the FPL was created, which is essentially a more nuanced type of writer's workshop where users can create their own original characters from scratch. The Forums were also eventually added to discuss things other than matchups and feats, and in life in general.

So, in short, if making matches in the CBUB were just about throwing characters together in an incoherent way, or sometimes even with no scenario at all, all for the sole purpose of seeing who would win, it would really be just a scaled-down version of Comic Vine, Naruto Forums, Killermovies, or the like. Matchmaking in the CBUB is indeed about the matchup, but it's also the only active site I know of that's also about actually encouraging writing good stories for those matchups (yes, CBUB is based off and inspired by Grudge Match, but that site's no longer active). This is what makes it unique from other sites about matchups.

• Like 2

Guest The Lord Dragon Reborn

Honestly, I thought that Jean vs. the Invisible Woman was a good match, and Superman vs. Martian Manhunter too.

I too, liked the cat fight. I do agree that maybe you should try the Rumbles Forum, though. Everyone is going to grade short matches down and the match will be scratched (meaning the voting results will not be save) and your not going to get any good FPA out of it. Plus, with the Rumbles you'll be able to create bigger matches and you can still have a vote.

Guest krosan09

I would want to see flash use speed force in this battle and see that he kills cap but still dies only because of his own doings! cap can never win against falsh, there is no way! even the introduction! cap cannot block flash's punch because its to *fast*

U know what you guys are 100% right this is not the site for me so i say goodbye and hope you enjoy fanboys vs master splinter matches im sure this sight will be filled with new and exciting conversation and not shut down for inactivity in the next few months