Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Rumble 20581 Zyclops vs. Whitespikes
MATCH SCORE
Zyclops: 2
Whitespikes: 1

Match 13324 Mirai Trunks vs. Lobo

Guest bigballerju

So wait, not being mentioned again renders it non-canon now? That makes no sense at all. There have been dozens of story arcs in various Marvel series' that haven't come up again after their conclusion. Does that make them non-canon? It was an official comic, licensed by both Marvel and DC. Obviously, the recent reboot renders it non-canon for DC, but it doesn't contradict anything in the main Marvel universe. There's no reason to believe that it isn't canon.

Hell, in my opinion pretty much all the Marvel/DC crossovers are canon, even the ones that treat the two as sharing the same universe. This phenomenon has actually been explained in the comics-- it's a result of the barriers between universes collapsing like they did in the Marvel vs DC crossover.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Sigh*

Again Marvel never stated it was canon...Only DC did. Show me a link where Marvel acknowledges it as a continuity in the storyline. It didn't even happen in the 616 mainstream continuity.

DC was the only one that has continued the storyline after JLA/Avengers, the "Space Egg" made appearances an appearance in DC and was effecting somethings.

Guest sirmethos

*Sigh*

Again Marvel never stated it was canon...Only DC did. Show me a link where Marvel acknowledges it as a continuity in the storyline. It didn't even happen in the 616 mainstream continuity.

DC was the only one that has continued the storyline after JLA/Avengers, the "Space Egg" made appearances an appearance in DC and was effecting somethings.

Allow me to quote:

All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z #5 (2006)

Grandmaster entry

"More recently, the Earth-616 reality was invaded and menaced by a crazed scholar from a divergent cosmos, a vastly powerful being who had destroyed entire universes in seeking the origin of existence. As a delaying tactic and a defensive gambit, the Grandmaster challenged the scholar to a contest of champions to decide matters. If Grandmaster won, the scholar would depart, if the scholar won, Grandmaster would direct him to the Earth-616 reality's Galactus, the one being in that realm whose existence predated the formation of that universe. As the game unfolded, Earth 616's Avengers (unwittingly representing the scholar) and a league of heroes from the divergent cosmos (unwittingly representing the Grandmaster) where manipulated into fighting over some of the most powerful objects in their respective universes. The Grandmaster's forces won, but the scholar refused to depart, forcibly extracting knowledge of Galactus from the Grandmaster and attacking Galactus himself in search of knowledge. Wielding the power objects the heroes had gathered, Grandmaster temporarily linked the two universes, trapping the scholar between them, but the scholar then begin trying to merge the two universes in hopes of sparking a "Big Bang" event that would enable him to study the formation of a new universe. Too weak to stop this after the scholar's earlier assault, the dying Grandmaster advised the Avengers and their divergent cosmos counterparts, spurring them to defeat the scholar and save both universes, resurrecting the slain Grandmaster and trapping the scholar's essence in a "cosmic egg" which might someday hatch into a universe of it's on, potentially granting the scholar the answers he had always sought regarding the mysteries of creation. As a satisfied Grandmaster observed, it was the only game he ever played where all sides won."

In summary: Yes, Marvel has acknowledged it as Canon.

Wrong.

http://www.killermov...&postid=4869361

This came from Marvel's handbook.

I already know about this....And you're still incorrect. All Crossovers are mentioned in Marvel and DC handbooks. Again it did not effect the Marvel Universe. Galactus died in that crossover, it would have had a huge effect on the 616 universe.

Also to finally end this.

http://en.wikipedia....ics)#Multiverse

In the Link it is only mentiones the JLA/Avengers crossover in the DC universe also known as Earth-0 and its said to be its own SEPARATE MULTIVERSE. Again proving my point with only DC acknowledging it.

Allow me to quote:

All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z #5 (2006)

Grandmaster entry

"More recently, the Earth-616 reality was invaded and menaced by a crazed scholar from a divergent cosmos, a vastly powerful being who had destroyed entire universes in seeking the origin of existence. As a delaying tactic and a defensive gambit, the Grandmaster challenged the scholar to a contest of champions to decide matters. If Grandmaster won, the scholar would depart, if the scholar won, Grandmaster would direct him to the Earth-616 reality's Galactus, the one being in that realm whose existence predated the formation of that universe. As the game unfolded, Earth 616's Avengers (unwittingly representing the scholar) and a league of heroes from the divergent cosmos (unwittingly representing the Grandmaster) where manipulated into fighting over some of the most powerful objects in their respective universes. The Grandmaster's forces won, but the scholar refused to depart, forcibly extracting knowledge of Galactus from the Grandmaster and attacking Galactus himself in search of knowledge. Wielding the power objects the heroes had gathered, Grandmaster temporarily linked the two universes, trapping the scholar between them, but the scholar then begin trying to merge the two universes in hopes of sparking a "Big Bang" event that would enable him to study the formation of a new universe. Too weak to stop this after the scholar's earlier assault, the dying Grandmaster advised the Avengers and their divergent cosmos counterparts, spurring them to defeat the scholar and save both universes, resurrecting the slain Grandmaster and trapping the scholar's essence in a "cosmic egg" which might someday hatch into a universe of it's on, potentially granting the scholar the answers he had always sought regarding the mysteries of creation. As a satisfied Grandmaster observed, it was the only game he ever played where all sides won."

In summary: Yes, Marvel has acknowledged it as Canon.

1. All Handbooks mentions crossovers. I already told Nova that.

2. What you quoted only states the two universes merged, it does not tell us it had a effect on the Marvel Universe.

3. I already posted a link on how the JLA/Avengers crossover is not even in the Marvel Multiverse, but the DC one.

Matter fact heres another link.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Multiverse

Just scroll down to where it says DC Universe. It's only in that Universe...

Clearly it has been mentioned, as both of those links have it listed as part of Marvel's multiverse. If it wasn't part of the multiverse, it wouldn't be mentioned.

I'm talking about Earth-616. Marvel has bunch of universes, probably more than DC. "What if" or "Marvel Zombies" are non canon to 616. Yet they are all three a part of the same multiverse.

DC was the only one that acknowledged it. They had a direct story arc after the crossover. It was called Trinity.

http://en.wikipedia....Trinity_(comic)

Marvel on the other hand did not do that. They never mentioned it and it didn't even effect the 616 universe. You can only say its semi-canon.

Anyways we're getting off topic.

Guest bigballerju

Marvel and DC both announced JLA vs Avengers was canon for both there universes. Whether you agree or not is a opinion. Both stated it. Trying to prove it might be canon for one universe and not the other is pointless.

Marvel and DC both announced JLA vs Avengers was canon for both there universes. Whether you agree or not is a opinion. Both stated it. Trying to prove it might be canon for one universe and not the other is pointless.

Show me a link where Marvel states it's a part of Earth-616. I already showed Nova and Sirmethos that the JLA/Avengers is in a different universe. This is not opinion. JLA/Avengers is a canon as "What if" and "Marvel Zombies".

Which are both canon in the Marvel multiverse. So you didn't show anything. Sorry. Try again.

Read again...I clearly did not mention any Multiverse. I said it is not canon to the 616 universe which is the mainstream universe.

So your comment is void.

Plus Marvel Zombies directly affects the 616 universe multiple times. Again you're wrong.

I never stated that Marvel Zombies never effected the 616 universe. It still a different universe from the 616 universe and that's all that's important.

I never stated that Marvel Zombies never effected the 616 universe. It still a different universe from the 616 universe and that's all that's important.

That means nothing. Still canon. :)

But it's canon to the MarvelMultiverse, which is just as much a Marvel comics creation as the 616 universe, so it is canon to Marvel.

Again read my lips Nova. :)

I said its not canon to the 616 universe which is the mainstream universe. I know the Marvel Multiverse is as much Marvel creation as the 616 universe. But the 616 universe is the main universe.

Show us a link that states it isn't canon?

I already did...A million times btw. Now show me a link where Marvel states its a part of the 616 universe, which no one has shown. And what do you mean Marvel approved of its creation??? Marvel also approved of the creation of their films,now does that make it canon to the 616 universe?

I already did...A million times btw. Now show me a link where Marvel states its a part of the 616 universe, which no one has shown. And what do you mean Marvel approved of its creation??? Marvel also approved of the creation of their films,now does that make it canon to the 616 universe?

Lol, those links you posted prove nothing. All they say is that the DC Universe is part of a different multiverse to Marvel's, they say absolutely nothing about whether it's canon or not. You must have a very strange way of interpreting things if you think either of those links qualify as points in your favor..

There ARE no links that state whether it's canon or not, but common sense should tell you that it is. And seriously? That is a completely different scenario to what I'm suggesting. It's common knowledge that the movies are adaptations taking place in different universes, while there's no evidence whatsoever that the JLA/Avengers crossover took place in some alternate Earth. It seems clear that Marvel and DC had the mainstream versions of both their universes in mind when they made the crossover.