X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 12858 Darth Vader vs. Shao Kahn

Guest .Big Game James.

Guest skadoosh

I agree with all of the defenses Kahn has, but the Force can bypass some of those. Thing like snapping his neck, crushing his brain or slicing his arteries would take seconds, or less, to kill Kahn, and Vader can do those with ease. It could go either way, but like i said, i give it to Vader, say, 6/10 times.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jason Redfield

I'm gonna have to see proof stating that pulse blades are on the same level, power-wise, as lightsabers. We can't make that assumption.

Also, don't fall into the habit of simply arguing, "He's a god!"

That's a very subjective term with many connotations and power levels. There are plenty of gods that can be beaten by mortals, depending on the universe. Provide feats and stats, not titles.

Guest Square Pickle

Another popularity win here folks. Too bad we cant see a cannon fight between these two, because it would prove what me and Baller have said the entire time. Kahn > Vader... Also I never claimed he was a god, I said hes god level. Infact, hes a god buster, and despite Vader's huge EU fanbase, he has NEVER faced anyone on Kahn's level. All of the "Laser sword this, pulse blade that / beam sword here, lightsaber there" arguments in the world dont make it any less true. All I said was "Show me proof that Vader has EVER faced anything on Kahn's level". Since no one could do it... Your points are invalid.

Guest bigballerju

Completely agree. People also ignored me countering the lightsaber arguement. Kahn has his energy shield he can use to block those lightsaber attacks plus his own weapons. It's CBUB so I am not surprised.

I didn't hear one arguement why Vader would win. Jaeger is the only one who gave me one or two ways Vader could seriously injury Kahn. She named the force abilities too and didn't just say Vader has alot of ways to win.

Guest Jason Redfield

Another popularity win here folks. Too bad we cant see a cannon fight between these two, because it would prove what me and Baller have said the entire time. Kahn > Vader... Also I never claimed he was a god, I said hes god level. Infact, hes a god buster, and despite Vader's huge EU fanbase, he has NEVER faced anyone on Kahn's level. All of the "Laser sword this, pulse blade that / beam sword here, lightsaber there" arguments in the world dont make it any less true. All I said was "Show me proof that Vader has EVER faced anything on Kahn's level". Since no one could do it... Your points are invalid.

First of all, simmer down because I wasn't arguing against Kahn. I don't know enough about him to have voted either way, so I didn't vote. I just pointed out that it wasn't kosher to automatically equate anything that looks like a lightsaber to an actual lightsaber.

Secondly, the god thing. Earlier in the thread, there were some arguments thrown about regarding Kahn winning simply because he can beat the God of Lightning, etc. That's empty logic; just because Kahn is a "god buster" doesn't mean he'll win automatically. That title in itself has zero meaning behind it. I could be a "God Buster" too, just let me pick and choose what fiction that "god" comes from.

Guest Square Pickle

In a fight, being a god buster makes all the difference. That alone has over-shadowed all of Vader's feats. It counts for a lot more than "Vader has a lightsaber".

Guest Jason Redfield

In a fight, being a god buster makes all the difference. That alone has over-shadowed all of Vader's feats. It counts for a lot more than "Vader has a lightsaber".

You're not getting what I'm saying. I'm speaking very generally here, because this is a pattern I've noticed in lots of debates. Just because a character is a "God Buster" does not mean anything unless you provide relevant context.

For instance, give me -- real life, little old me -- a god of my choice and put us in the arena. I can kill that god. I guess that makes me a "God-Buster". Does that mean I could take Darth Vader or Iron Man or Captain America, since they're all just puny mortals who have never faced a god? Hell no.

Guest Square Pickle

If you in real life killed Raiden, then yes I would give you the fight over Cap and Vader as well... I guess is what your asking... Are you under the assumption that Captain America, Vader, and Iron Man are on the same level as gods like Raiden, Zeus, and Thor??? Becuase if so, you sir have been misinformed.

Guest Jason Redfield

If you in real life killed Raiden, then yes I would give you the fight over Cap and Vader as well... I guess is what your asking... Are you under the assumption that Captain America, Vader, and Iron Man are on the same level as gods like Raiden, Zeus, and Thor??? Becuase if so, you sir have been misinformed.

I honestly don't know how else I can phrase this in a manner that will get through to you. I don't even know where you're pulling these crazy presumptions from now.

First of all, I didn't mention Raiden as far as me killing him. What I'm stating is that someone being able to defeat a god doesn't mean anything by itself because the power scale for gods varies so widely between settings to the point where the argument "But he defeated a god!" is utterly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

I could defeat a god from certain fiction and technically be considered a "God Buster". But that doesn't automatically put me on the same power level as even a street-level character like Daredevil or some such.

AvP, do you (or does anyone else) understand what I'm getting at here? Or is it incomprehensible?

Guest Square Pickle

Vader bending metal is a feat, but Kahn beating a god is not. I see what youre saying, but I just dont see the logic in it.

Guest bigballerju

Just to mention I named a whole bunch of Kahn's abilities and more as to why he surpasses a God like Raiden in his Universe. However yes I do see what your saying Jason. Kratos has defeated gods but is not on the level of someone like Thor. Is that what your saying? I understand what Square is saying but maybe he used the wrong term.

Your meaning is pretty clear to me. The title or rank of "god" doesn't necessarily mean the holder of said title is automatically more powerful than someone who's not considered a god. An example would be Marvel's Thor and the Silver Surfer; Thor might be the God of Thunder, but Surfer is still considerably more powerful than him.

Guest Square Pickle

Maybe youre right Baller, I may have just said it wrong... Im just saying Ive never seen Vader do anything as impressive as Kahn, and defeating an opponent like Raiden (with little effort) is one of those things. Thats why I challenged anyone who though "Vader wins" to show a feat such as defeating someone of Raidens caliber. Im not trying to say "Kahn beat Raiden, therefore he beats Vader". What Im trying to say is, "Vader's never faced anything with the power Kahn has shown in his battles with Raiden (a god) and therefore theres no reason to assume he COULD win a match like that". Kahn has shown greater power and strength throughout the years than Vader has shown ever, and handing Raiden his ass is something I could never see Vader doing. If Vader were to match up with anyone in Mortal Kombat, Id say Quan-Chi or Shang-Tsung is more his level, but a Shao Kahn he is not. (Not that you voted against him, Im just saying this was the entire point I was trying to get across).

Guest Jason Redfield

Oh, I know what point you were getting across. I wasn't targeting you or even this match in particular. This was just my little public service announcement for CBUB. People have gotten into the habit of playing "But this person is a god" or "this person defeated a god" as a trump card or centerpiece in their arguments. Hell, I'm guilty of this.

But yes, bottom line is that being a god doesn't mean much unless quantified/qualified or otherwise supported with stats and feats. AvP and bigballerju both had good examples of this. That's all I was trying to get across.

Guest skadoosh

You aren't getting what he's saying, dude.

Also, if Mortal Kombat was more popular than Star Wars and Kahn had won this fight, that would have been a popularity win, too. In all honesty, the votes can't matter as much as they should, so, personally, i don't pay attention to them, i just want to know what people think and why they think it.