Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 12858 Darth Vader vs. Shao Kahn

Guest .Big Game James.

And you show that you didn't really read my post - I'm not saying he'd beat Kahn, and that was directed at BigBallerJu.

All I have to say is - his Force Crush would most likely injure Kahn - an energy barrier will do nothing to prevent it and it would bypass through - he could target Organs. You're downplaying Vader's power just a bit. Again I'm not saying he wins or anything, I'm making clear what exactly is his capability.

And Vader actually crushes Jedi in the EU - he's that powerful.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigballerju

Yeah but Square may be trying to say Vader has never shown he can force choke or crush someone as powerful as Shao Kahn. Just to help clarify what he was trying to say. Vader does that against regular humans. Kahn is anything but a regular human.

Edit: I know Vader is more powerful then what is shown in the films. That's why I showed him using force lightening in those two scans. I am just saying its not enough to defeat someone like Kahn.

...You are consistently, constantly assuming that I'm implying that the majority of his powers will be enough to injure Shao Kahn.

Please stop making the assumptions and take my posts at face value. I have never said he'd be able to defeat Shao Kahn - I have only said you are underplaying him, and you have - i.e. his Force Crush.

His Force Crush might be powerful enough if he attacks vital organs - he has crushed durasteel with it in the past, so there is that possibility. You know that Durasteel is an incredibly durable material that can withstand lightsaber belows and takes great power to even crush it with the Force - a tremendous feat. It's ratherfrankly stupid to assume that Vader is incapable of injuring him just simply because Shao Kahn's a "Godlike" entity. Gods have been defeated by mortals in MK. -.-

Force Lightning... it's nothing like Raiden, obviously.

I sincerely hope I am better understood despite having said the same thing several times now.

Guest Square Pickle

And you show that you didn't really read my post - I'm not saying he'd beat Kahn, and that was directed at BigBallerJu.

All I have to say is - his Force Crush would most likely injure Kahn - an energy barrier will do nothing to prevent it and it would bypass through - he could target Organs. You're downplaying Vader's power just a bit. Again I'm not saying he wins or anything, I'm making clear what exactly is his capability.

And Vader actually crushes Jedi in the EU - he's that powerful.

I know it was intended for Baller, and I read the post. Im just saying that Vader has never faced anything the level of Kahn. Kahn has beaten Gods like Raiden before. Vader almost died taking on the Emperor and Luke Skywalker. Im not trying to down play Vader, Im just saying that he is not going to be much of a challenge for Kahn. He's just never displayed the level of power needed to bring down a god killer. Im not sure that any jedi has. Force crush injure Kahn? Maybe, but not enough to stop him... I mean if Kahn were stopped as easily as most CBUBers think, Sub-Zero would simply freeze him and claim Outworld as his own. My point is, just because one posses the power to injure Kahn, doesnt mean they will be able to actually do it. Theres a reason Sub-Zero never froze him, and the Elder gods didnt wipe him away from existence. It wouldnt work... I dont believe he will take the full blunt of Vaders force crush neither. Thats if it even works here. Most powers dont work on Kahn, and when they do, they dont work very well.... I know youre not arguing for either side, I just wanted to adress the topics you brought up.

Guest skadoosh

Actually no Vader doesn't have many ways to kill Kahn with the force because of being more machine then man. Kahn could easily kill Vader from a distance.

Bullshine.

Vader can use the Force to do almost anything he wishes, he's a master of the Dark Side, a Sith lord, the only limit he has is not being able to use Force Lightening. Vader has many wayss to kill Kahn. I'm sure Kahn has just as many ways to kill Vader, but Vader is not limited nearly enough by his machine parts. The Force is incredibly versitile.

Guest bigballerju

Bullshine.

Vader can use the Force to do almost anything he wishes, he's a master of the Dark Side, a Sith lord, the only limit he has is not being able to use Force Lightening. Vader has many wayss to kill Kahn. I'm sure Kahn has just as many ways to kill Vader, but Vader is not limited nearly enough by his machine parts. The Force is incredibly versitile.

Bullshine.

Sigh...

As powerful as Darth Vader is in the force like what's been said on here he can't use the force to do almost anything he wishes. That's all.

Guest skadoosh

As powerful as Darth Vader is in the force like what's been said on here he can't use the force to do almost anything he wishes. That's all.

Sure he can. The Force is, essentially, nigh-unlimited telekinesis, and Vader is a master of it. Vader could use the Force to crush Kahn into a pancake, or tear him to pieces, or throw him into space, or slice his arteries, or snap his spine, etc, etc... I'm sure Kahn could survive some of those, or at least defend against them, seeing as he's all magically powerful and whatnot, but Vader can definitely defend himself against a lot of what Kahn can throw at him, too. They are quite even. But the Force is extremely versatile.

kahn's could trap vader in another demention or just rip him in half if the elder gods are not holding him back .

I gotta say, i don't know how Vader would deal with being sent to another dimension, if Kahn really can do that, but he can certaintly prevent himself being torn in twain, and he can definitely do the same to Kahn.

Guest bigballerju

Oh seriously when has Vader shown he can throw somebody into space using the force from the planet. Like Jaeger said Vader can injury Kahn but not enough to win.

Guest Square Pickle

I get the feeling Square has only ever seen the movies, and nothing of the EU. Seems that way, at any rate.

I get the feeling you are not familial with Shao Kahn's actual level of power past "Hes the final boss of a video game". Ill tell you what, you show me a picture or a video of any cannon version of Vader defeating ANYTHING on the level of Shao Kahn, and Ill admit Vader has a chance. Until then, I stick with all of my statements. Vader is not on Kahn's level.

Guest Square Pickle

Sure he can. The Force is, essentially, nigh-unlimited telekinesis, and Vader is a master of it. Vader could use the Force to crush Kahn into a pancake, or tear him to pieces, or throw him into space, or slice his arteries, or snap his spine, etc, etc... I'm sure Kahn could survive some of those, or at least defend against them, seeing as he's all magically powerful and whatnot, but Vader can definitely defend himself against a lot of what Kahn can throw at him, too. They are quite even. But the Force is extremely versatile.

You are not familure with Shao Kahn are you? Maybe the MK movie version, but you have not followed his story or his feats at all through-out the years of the MK games have you?

Guest skadoosh

Oh seriously when has Vader shown he can throw somebody into space using the force from the planet. Like Jaeger said Vader can injury Kahn but not enough to win.

Vader can throw things with the Force, and he can lift people with the Force, so... And in all honesty, he probably has thrown someone into space in some expanded universe thing. More importntly, that's not the only thing i listed, and the things i listed aren't the only things Vader can do with the Force.

You are not familure with Shao Kahn are you? Maybe the MK movie version, but you have not followed his story or his feats at all through-out the years of the MK games have you?

I've never seen a film with Shao Kahn in it. I think i've seen a Mortal Kombat film, but it was agea ago, and i might be wrong. All my information on the Mortal Kombat universe comes from the games themselves, which i've played more than enough of, and i know a lot of fans, too, and people on this site, or various places on the 'net.

Guest bigballerju

No Vader has not thrown anyone into space from a planet using the force and can't so please don't give him feats he has not shown. Vader can't do almost anything he wishes with the force if you have actually read the books or read the comics.

Kahn at 100% has reality warping powers which allows him to destroy worlds or combine them into Outworld. Even the elder gods fear him at 100%. Kahn at his most powerful can rip billions of souls with ease and destroy worlds. I mean thats just some of what he can do.

Guest skadoosh

Bullshite. You're just underestimating Vader. I stated myself that it might have happened in the expanded universe, i don't know myself, but he's done enough other stuff with the force, some of which i listed, a lot of which i didn't, to easily be able to defeat Kahn, probably after a decent fight.

Guest bigballerju

No Vader hasn't thrown anyone into space using the force in the expanded Universe and even Jaeger has said Kahn would win this fight. Stop trying to give him a feat he hasn't performed nor shown the ability too. No one is underestimating Vader here. Your just trying to give him a feat he has not done.

How will Vader easily defeat Kahn? I guaranteed you for each force ability you say Vader can easily kill Kahn with I can counter. Didn't everyone but you say Vader could injury Kahn but not enough to kill him because Kahn is way too powerful? Yeah thank you very much.

Guest skadoosh

No, dude. I stated that i didn't know if that specific feat was a possiblity or not when i first made that comment. You are continuously ignoring all the other possibile ways Vader has of defeating Kahn. And i have said, continuously, that i think it's a pretty close fight, that both can counter what the other can do, but, personally, i reckon Vader wins.

Guest bigballerju

What ways? Your not telling me anything here. What other possible ways? Your just saying Darth Vader is all powerful and has a whole bunch of ways to win. I don't see any at the moment. I have said on this thread and others Darth Vader is way more powerful then depicted in the movies. None of that is enough to kill Shao Kahn. Only injury him. Anything Vader does Kahn could counter back easily with a attack of his own and so much more.

The seconds it takes for Vader to apply any force attack Kahn without even moving rips Vader's soul from his body and consumes it. Either that or he crushes Vader with a energy attack wrapped around his body easily. I mean do you want me to continue?

Guest skadoosh

I've already listed a few. And i stated that there are more. Honestly, though, this is getting boring.

I think that Vader could win this. I know what Kahn is capable of, and i know what Vader is capable of, and i think that, while they can both counter a lot of what the other does, and while Kahn is a lot more skilled in close combat, Vader's considerable Force ability and his lightsaber give him some seriously powerful and effective things for Kahn to survive being hit by, and i don't think he could. I think, after a long fight, Vader comes out on top. That is all.

Guest bigballerju

Okay it seems you are sticking with Vader and that's fine. Just for the record Vader's lightsaber would never reach Kahn with Kahn's force field he could erect around himself. Even so Kahn has his own weapons that are powerful enough to use against the lightsaber. Also Vader is slower then Kahn. Kahn has many other more abilities he could do to kill Vader in seconds. Vader has never faced anyone like Kahn and isn't powerful enough to actually kill him. Only injury once more.

But other then that I guess that's it.