Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Rumble 20581 Zyclops vs. Whitespikes
MATCH SCORE
Zyclops: 2
Whitespikes: 1

Predator (Yautja) feats and capabilities

Guest SmileyPredator

Yep, don't say anything about quoting an old post. That's what I thought.

1. Never said that would fix my problem.

2. I want to talk about characters that I like. If you don't like em, that's fine. How about just ignoring what I say about them? Go ahead, be the bigger man as well as the smarter man.

3. Clearly you have a different sense of humor than I do. That's fine, but given that lots of people like what I say, I must be remotely funny to plenty of people.

4. I've never claimed I was mature or not petty. I'll admit, I'm immature as hell on this site. Petty too. You on the other hand, don't seem to strive for that approach, forgive me for the hypocritical statement if you are trying for that approach.

• Like 1

MOVED

in other words...

ran away with tail between his legs

Guest sirmethos

No, Moved.

And if you'd taken your head out of your arse and looked around, instead of jumping to your preferred conclusions, then you wouldn't have made yourself look like an arsehole when posting.

Ass-u-me.

I don't want to argue, especially not with force. Might as well beat my head against a wall.

No, Moved.

And if you'd taken your head out of your arse and looked around, instead of jumping to your preferred conclusions, then you wouldn't have made yourself look like an arsehole when posting.

Ass-u-me.

So now your jumping to conclusions. The only person looking like an arse is the one accusing people of being one.

Nova hit the nail on the head. Debating with Echo leaves you running in circles. Like a dog chasing its tail every time.

• Like 1

Guest sirmethos

So now your jumping to conclusions. The only person looking like an arse is the one accusing people of being one.

Nova hit the nail on the head. Debating with Echo leaves you running in circles. Like a dog chasing its tail every time.

No, I haven't jumped to any conclusions. I have responded directly to what you posted.

You said that Force "ran away with his tail between his legs."

He didn't. He followed Rakai's request, of taking the argument somewhere else(i.e. moving it away from this thread).

I.e. you accused Force of something he didn't do. You jumped to the conclusion, that he was doing something that he wasn't.

And instead of simply acknowledging that you made a mistake, you keep hammering away. Please continue, I can always use a good laugh.

No, I haven't jumped to any conclusions. I have responded directly to what you posted.

You said that Force "ran away with his tail between his legs."

He didn't. He followed Rakai's request, of taking the argument somewhere else(i.e. moving it away from this thread).

I.e. you accused Force of something he didn't do. You jumped to the conclusion, that he was doing something that he wasn't.

And instead of simply acknowledging that you made a mistake, you keep hammering away. Please continue, I can always use a good laugh.

Its good to laugh. I think your responses are funny too.

difference is, mine was all in fun. Yours is trying to be little someone.

Mine was a joke. Yours was you trying to make your self look better. Stick to what your good at, which is debating matches.

Guest sirmethos

Its good to laugh. I think your responses are funny too.

difference is, mine was all in fun. Yours is trying to be little someone.

Mine was a joke. Yours was you trying to make your self look better. Stick to what your good at, which is debating matches.

And again, you're jumping to conclusions. It seems to be a bad habit.

I'm not "trying" to do anything. As always, I am(and were) simply calling it as I see it, and responding to exactly that.

I saw you acting as an arsehole, and called you on it. And as expected, instead of 1. Simply admitting your mistake. or 2. Simply correcting my mistake, you lashed out.

Since there was no indication in the post of it being a joke, I didn't take it as one. While I appreciate your faith in me, I'm not actually capable of reading minds across the internet, in order to tell that someone is making a joke, when they make no indication of their post being a joke.

"You're an arsehole" or "You're an arsehole :P ". It's not really that difficult to make sure that people are aware of it, when you are actually joking.

Do I have to ask to at least take these little arguments and spats to either PMs or move it to the derailment thread?

And if DSkillz is looking at this, or any other mod-- can they delete the last few thirteen posts? Thanks.

-Rakai'Thwei

sorry Rakai. I made a joke and sirmethos felt the need to comment and he must always have the last word. I'll leave it at that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest SmileyPredator

With regard to durability, I think the predator EU is all over the place. It really depends on whether you want to go by high showings or low showings.

In this one comic (Predator: Hell Come a Walkin'), the predator survives an artillery shot to his immediate vicinity. The human standing next to him is ripped to pieces, the blast doesn't even break the predator's skin. Yet the same predator falls to the ground helpless when a human stabs him in the back with a flagpole.

I suppose you could argue that the predator was more hurt by the blast than he appeared to be or that the human got lucky and skewered the predator through a really vital organ...but I think what's really going on is that the pred is squishy when the writer needs him to be squishy and super tough when the writer needs him to be super tough

Even so...being rendered helpless by mere impalement with a flagpole is inconsistent with the predator's durability in other sources. For example:

Coming from a different angle, the bullet entered the Predator's body. This third bullet lodged deep inside, coming to rest only after it had cut through several vital organs.

. . .

"The demon isn't dead yet," said Sukhon.

"The 'demon' will be dead if it doesn't get some expert medical attention. I put a bullet with an exploding tip right through its back. No exit wound."

. . .

Still, the Predator's condition did not yet warrant self-destruct. He had been hurt worse and emerged victorious. Once on a planet half a galaxy away, a venomous metal worm twice his size had shot up through the earth and pinned him through the chest armour. The Predator had chopped its head off, cut off its tail, and gone on to fight for another four hours with the rest of the worm inside his chest, before withdrawing to repair the damage. The wheeze as its breathing grew worse indicated deep-tissue damage, but nothing irreversible. Medical care on board its ship would allow it to recover.

- Predator South China Sea