Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 11269 The Death Star vs. Vegeta

Guest Dragonborn117

Guest Dragonborn117

Kame House, Earth

One Day, as any day on Earth, all was remotely peaceful. Vegeta was doing his routine session of bragging.

"Oh please" He said "I could wipe the floor with Cell now"

Krillin, still wary of Vegeta, said "I don't know....."

"What do you mean you don't know, I've been training for another year in that chamber of Kakarot's!"

At this, Yamcha dared to butt in:

"Yea but you never saved the Earth from a real threat like Goku did, he has a better chance than you do!" Said Yamcha

Rallying behind this, Krillin said: "Yea Goku has beaten Freiza, Turles, Slug, and YOU!"

All Krillin received from this was an angry glare. However, this debate was greatly interrupted when an enormous space station burst into the sky.

"What the....."

The Death Star, Over Earth

"Is this the planet that we traced the warrior who killed that local alien warlord Frieza?" Said the Dark Lord Darth Vader.

"Yes, my lord" Said the firing operator

"Then prepare to fire at once!"

Kame House, Earth

"Oh no, is that thing gonna fire that laser at Earth?" Krillin gasped.

"I think so, and Goku's out somewhere!" Tien responded.

"Wait guys, don't panic, Goku'll just do that teleport thing here and save the day!" Said Yamcha, more hoping than stating

"No" Said Tien "Goku is somewhere far away from here and most likely not paying attention to the Sky!"

"Out of my way!" Shouted Vegeta, muttering something about weak runts.

As Vegeta charges up his ki, the Z fighters watch in desperation.

The Death Star, Over Earth

"Sir, our radars detect massive energy on the planet's surface!" Said a Death Star engineer.

"Ignore it" Said Vader "Fire!"

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dragonborn117

I just made this etup, but now that I looked they have fought.............damn but at least I made the setup different, I think.

Pretty good set-up, Dragonborn.

The Death Star fires it's superlaser and kills everyone.

Oh, I don't know. Since this is set after the Cell Games, Ascendant SSJ Vegeta should be able to block and deflect a planet-busting blast.

Guest Djgambrell

Pretty good set-up, Dragonborn.

Oh, I don't know. Since this is set after the Cell Games, Ascendant SSJ Vegeta should be able to block and deflect a planet-busting blast.

Well he was a planet buster since he showed up. And now his power is so past that its not even funny. I'd put his power past the death star.

I give the set-up a good!

Vegeta would use a Final Flash to stop the Death Star’s laser from hitting the Earth, and use the attack to destroy the space station.

So I think Vegeta will win this.

Guest Ruinus

The superlaser doesn't at all work like any of the ki attacks from Dragon Ball (ie you can't hold it with your damn hands and the superlaser is actually moving close to light speed-much faster than most ki attacks) and is probably much much larger in diameter than Vegeta's body.

Tenn felt sweat dripping down his neck, under that blasted helmet. He looked at the timer: 00:58:57.

He pulled the lever.

It would take a second or so for the tributary beams to coalesce. He wanted to look away from the monitor, but he couldn't.

The superlaser beam lanced from the focusing point above the dish.

The image of Alderaan on the screen was struck by the green ray.

It took no more than an instant. Tenn knew that the beam's total destructive power was much bigger than matter-energy conversions limited to realspace. At full charge, the hyper-matter reactor provided a superluminal "boost" that caused much of the planet's mass to be shifted immediately into hyperspace. As a result, Alderaan exploded into a fiery ball of eye-smiting light almost instantaneously, and a planar ring of energy reflux-the "shadow" of a hyperspatial ripple-spread rapidly outward.

The timer read: 00:59:10.

So Vegeta's got all of 13 seconds to get ready to die. Less if the Death Star is closer to Earth than it was to Alderaan when it blew that up (it was 6 planetary diameters away when it did that).

Vegeta would use a Final Flash to stop the Death Star’s laser from hitting the Earth, and use the attack to destroy the space station.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usEZUus1Uyk

Final Flash starts at 20 seconds in.

He fires it at 2:48.

That means that Vegeta takes 2:35 seconds too long to use this attack. He gets killed 13 seconds into his charge up time by the superlaser.

Guest Hastur

It doesn't have to be the actual Final Flash. Vegeta was using planetkillers in the first season. Assuming that the Death Star's superlaser is in the same ballpark in terms of sheer destructive power, Vegeta would have (approximately) tied it then. He's thousands of times more powerful now. It shouldn't be any great feat to drag together enough ki in the minute it takes the superlaser to charge and fire, even if he just uses an overcharged off-the-cuff blast instead of a technique.

And the Death Star's "actual laser" properties... wait, make that " "actual" laser" properties... aren't anything new; the Z-fighters have tanked and countered non-ki tech-origin blasts before. Look at Dr. Willow. His planetkiller was (at least primarily) technological in origin, and WAY wider than the Spirit Bomb that successfully countered it.

Guest Ruinus

It doesn't have to be the actual Final Flash. Vegeta was using planetkillers in the first season.

Evidence?

And the Death Star's "actual laser" properties... wait, make that " "actual" laser" properties... aren't anything new; the Z-fighters have tanked and countered non-ki tech-origin blasts before. Look at Dr. Willow. His planetkiller was (at least primarily) technological in origin, and WAY wider than the Spirit Bomb that successfully countered it.

Evidence?

Also Dr. Wheelo's "energy attacks" still didn't act like actual energy beams would, ie that red beam at the end could be pushed by the Spirit Bomb. A superlaser being hit with a Spirit Bomb or Kamehameha isn't going to be pushed back because turbolasers and superlasers don't behave in that manner.

Also irrelevant, because Vegeta doesn't know the Spirit Bomb technique.

Not only that, but we have no reason to believe Dr. Wheelo's final attack is a planet killer. There's absolutely no evidence to believe his beam would destroy the DBZ Earth, the only reason you have to believe it would is because he said so. Yeah, good luck believing the word of a power hungry robot who thought he was the world's strongest.

Guest bigballerju

Vegeta in the setup has already charged up his KI before Vader even told them to fire. Vegeta is more then capable of attacking and intecepting the Death Star's laser. I remember when Buu threw a planet busting attack in seconds to destroy the planet out of anger Vegeta easily intercepted it without even needing to charge up his KI in seconds.

Sorry but lets be serious here these type of things are right up the Z fighters' alley. Vegeta and others have more then proven there powerful enough to intercept such an attack.

Vegeta wins.

Guest Djgambrell

Evidence?

Evidence?

Well here's picolo blowing up the moon in the first season with an unnamed normal blast.

Guest Ruinus

Vegeta in the setup has already charged up his KI before Vader even told them to fire.

No he hasn't. Read the OP again.

As Vegeta charges up his ki, the Z fighters watch in desperation.

He's in the process of powering up, the Death Star on the other hand, is already firing.

Guest Djgambrell

That's not Vegeta.

Piccol's power level was about 1000 at that time. vegeta's was 17000. Much more powerful.

Guest Ruinus

Piccol's power level was about 1000 at that time. vegeta's was 17000. Much more powerful.

That's not evidence of this:

Vegeta was using planetkillers in the first season.

Guest bigballerju

LOL wow have we forgotten the first season when Vegeta first fought Goku he launched a planet busting attack at the Earth in anger which Goku countered back with a Kamahamaha sending it back up toward Vegeta which Vegeta dodged.

Guest Djgambrell

Well the moon is about 1/6 the size of earth and it was blown up by piccolo. Master Roshi had blown up the moon in dragon ball with only a power level of 270. So if vegeta is at 17000 and the moon can be destroyed at 270 vegeta could blow up the moon 62.96 times over. Much larger than the earth.

Guest Hastur

Evidence?

1. Don't be a moron. You obviously know the series. I'm not gonna waste my time posting stuff from Youtube.

2. Vegeta destroyed that bug planet with one shot. Vegeta threatened to destroy earth with one shot.

3. The spirit bomb was the only example I could think of off the top of my head in the entire series where beam width was ever a factor. The point is power =/= size. Unless you're willing to give the entire encounter Star Wars physics as a handicap, The Z-verse has more instances of high-energy attacks to go from.

3. Taking his word for it? Well, YEAH. In the absence of having the writer sitting on the couch next to us saying "oh, no that robot's TOTALLY bluffing" then we as viewers are forced to accept that what the characters say, unless ixnayed by another character, are plausible truths. If we didn't take ANYTHING for granted, we'd never get anything done.

Guest Ruinus

LOL wow have we forgotten the first season when Vegeta first fought Goku he launched a planet busting attack at the Earth in anger which Goku countered back with a Kamahamaha sending it back up toward Vegeta which Vegeta dodged.

Without a clip? Yes, I have forgotten.

Guest Ruinus

Well the moon is about 1/6 the size of earth and it was blown up by piccolo. Master Roshi had blown up the moon in dragon ball with only a power level of 270. So if vegeta is at 17000 and the moon can be destroyed at 270 vegeta could blow up the moon 62.96 times over. Much larger than the earth.

The Moon was blown up twice? How many moons does this planet have?

Gravitational binding energy. The moon, assuming it's got the same size as the real life Earth Moon, has a GBE of 1.24E+29 J. The Earth has a GBE of 2.24E+32 J. Vegeta would need 1,000 times the energy to go from blowing up the Moon to blowing up the Earth.

Mind, this is on the idea that power levels actually increases the amount of energy linearly or something like that. And that increased powerlevel just allows anyone to throw up planet destroying things all the time.

Guest Ruinus

1. Don't be a moron. You obviously know the series. I'm not gonna waste my time posting stuff from Youtube.

2. Vegeta destroyed that bug planet with one shot. Vegeta threatened to destroy earth with one shot.

3. The spirit bomb was the only example I could think of off the top of my head in the entire series where beam width was ever a factor. The point is power =/= size. Unless you're willing to give the entire encounter Star Wars physics as a handicap, The Z-verse has more instances of high-energy attacks to go from.

3. Taking his word for it? Well, YEAH. In the absence of having the writer sitting on the couch next to us saying "oh, no that robot's TOTALLY bluffing" then we as viewers are forced to accept that what the characters say, unless ixnayed by another character, are plausible truths. If we didn't take ANYTHING for granted, we'd never get anything done.

1. Then don't waste time making claims you can't back up.

2. No evidence, and since you won't go around Youtube to show these events, I'll ignore this claim.

3. And it was an irrelevant example because Vegeta doesn't have that ability.

4. No, we aren't forced to take their word as truth. We take visuals as proof.

Guest Ruinus

By the way, by the OP the Death Star appeared in the sky close enough that it was able to be seen with people's eyes. Assuming it's at the highest point still considered "atmosphere", then the Death Star is up in the exosphere.

The Death Star was six planetary diameters away from Alderaan when it destroyed it, equal to about 76,000 km. The beam, according to the quote I posted on the previous page, took 10 seconds to travel from the superlaser dish to the planet*. So the beam has a speed of about 7,600 km per second. At that speed, and assuming the Death Star is 10,000 km up in the "sky", it'll take the beam 1.31 seconds to hit the Earth. Add in the "second or so for the tributary beams to coalesce", Vegeta has either 2.31 to 3.31 seconds to finish charging up, to move into position, to fire whatever attack he's shooting and for the attack to reach out and deflect/overwhelm/destroy the superlaser before it blows up the Earth.

If the Death Star is at the beginning of the exosphere, at around 500 km in the sky, then Vegeta has only 1 or 2 seconds to do all those things. Since at the superlaser's speed it'll be an almost instant hit after the beams form the main superlaser shot.

Then ask yourself when, in the entire history of Dragon Ball, has someone charging up ever taken less than a second or two.

*This is going by the timer and assuming it counts the exact moment of destruction, going by the movie the beam travels from the Death Star to Alderaan in about a second.

Guest Ethan

All the Z fighters have varying power levels throughout the show.

I see him trying to block/ repel the blast with his own but being overcome by its sheer power, now, does he save the Earth? Maybe. Probably.

Can the Deathstar fire again or does it need to take time to charge for a second blast?

I can't imagine Vegeta stopping this blast...Goku maybe, he's always doing that.