Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 11269 The Death Star vs. Vegeta

Guest Dragonborn117

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dragonborn117

1: Thanks for all the "Good" comments on the set up, Im still new here!

2: Vegeta's power level at this time would be estimated at around 4.5 or 5 million due to the fact that Frieza was at 1 mil at form 2, meaning that at form 4 she had 2 mil and at full power she had about 3.5 - 4 million. Goku beat Frieza, meaning his power level was about 3.7 - 4.2 million. Lets say that Vegeta had the same power level when he fought andriod 19. Since 17 and 18 could easily beat him, their power level would be about 5 million. After Vegeta comes out of the hyperbolic time chamber, he could beat cell, who had a base power of 5.5 million plus the 5 milliion of 17, semi-perfect Cell had a power level of 10.5 million, making vegeta's PL at around 12 million. After he went back into the chamber, it would be reasonable to put his power at this time at 13 million.

3:Piccolo blew up the moon in the saiyan saga, at a power level of 60-80. Meaning that to blow up the Earth, one would need a PL of around 280 (4 x 70).

4: Because Vegeta has already started to charge up his ki, the real question is: Would Vegeta's rushed, knock-off blast be enough to overcome the Death Star's beam?

Guest Darksaiyajin345

Freeza 10X planet busted with his index finger with little to no charging and a PL of 540,000 this really shouldn't be an argument at this point Vegeta can outright tank the blast if need be let alone deflect with a quick blast of his own.

Guest bigballerju

The Death Star before it fired detected a massive energy on Earth before Vader fired and you add in the fact it doesn't take Vegeta long to power up he is probably already at full power. Like I said Vegeta was already charging up and this is Cell Games Vegeta so it won't him very long.

Like Skillz pointed out this is Vegeta after Cell Games. So Vegeta is more then capable and powerful to the point he is easily capable of launching a planet busting attack to counter the Death Star's super laser.

Sorry but Vegeta wins. I may not like DBZ being used on CBUB depending on the matches but in a match like this its kind of unfair to deny how powerful Vegeta was after Cell Games. Vegeta is easily able to win this fight here.

Guest bigballerju

What power level calculation? You didn't compare the actually power of the Death Star and a Super Saiyan Vegeta after Cell Games when Cell was defeated. Not only that in the setup it read that Vegeta was charging up before they even fired the blast which I can post the exact sentence. In addition after Cell Game Goku and Vegeta are capable of charging up to planet busting level in 30 seconds or a little more I will say. After that it read the Death Star detecting a massive energy on the planet which then afterwards Vader yelled fire. With all of that the laser had not been fired yet until Vader said so at the end of the setup. Vegeta when the laser is fired is more then likely all ready charged up.

Guest Ruinus

What power level calculation?

This one and this one.

1. You didn't compare the actually power of the Death Star and a Super Saiyan Vegeta after Cell Games when Cell was defeated.

2.Not only that in the setup it read that Vegeta was charging up before they even fired the blast which I can post the exact sentence. In addition after Cell Game Goku and Vegeta are capable of charging up to planet busting level in 30 seconds or a little more I will say.

3. After that it read the Death Star detecting a massive energy on the planet which then afterwards Vader yelled fire. With all of that the laser had not been fired yet until Vader said so at the end of the setup. Vegeta when the laser is fired is more then likely all ready charged up.

1 Yes I did. Read my post. I even went out of my way and extrapolated Vegeta's power level to 2 BILLION.

2 The Death Star superlaser, as I've mentioned several times, takes 2 seconds to fire. Vegeta doesn't have enough time.

3. Again, the superlaser takes all of 2 seconds to fire. Your argument, on the other hand, hinges on Vegeta being finished charging up (a dubious assumption) and being able to react to the superlaser lancing out from the superlaser dish to him and on Vegeta being anywhere near the path of the superlaser.

Guest bigballerju

It takes 13 seconds to fire not 2 seconds. You even said yourself it takes 13 seconds. Just correcting that point. In the setup Vegeta is in the path of the laser because they detecting his massive energy so thats where they will fire.

Guest Ruinus

It takes 13 seconds to fire not 2 seconds. You even said yourself it takes 13 seconds. Just correcting that point. In the setup Vegeta is in the path of the laser because they detecting his massive energy so thats where they will fire.

Read the quote again. The timer counted 13 seconds, but the technician that actually fired the superlaser notes that it'll take "second or so for the tributary beams to coalesce". That means its 1-2 seconds for the smaller beams to link up into the main superlaser beam. The other 10 seconds was the laser traveling from the Death Star to Alderaan.

Why would they fire at the energy source? They can aim the beam at any point they care to and it'll destroy the planet. The sensors didn't say "We're picking up an energy reading right at the target point!" or anything similar, nor are their sensors limited to directly in front of them.

Guest The Lord Dragon Reborn

I like your setup, dragonborn. I also like the fact that it's been done before. If you check out the more popular characters a lot of them have battled several times and the results vary. I'm fairly certain that with this setup Vegeta wins. Maybe if Vader was battling Vegeta and the Death Star fired it would have a shot. Of course, it all depends on how everyone votes.

Guest Ruinus

I wonder if I made a thread with the Death Star and the Death Star II both firing their superlaser on opposite sides of the Earth would people argue that Vegeta powers up, stands an top of the world and with one hand deflects the superlaser and with the other deflects the other superlaser.