Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 11269 The Death Star vs. Vegeta

Guest Dragonborn117

Guest Hastur

Without a clip? Yes, I have forgotten.

I take it back. Be as big a moron as you like. If you're going to try and defend your debate position by making a point and then putting your fingers in your ears and going LALALAICAN'THEARYOU when a counterpoint is raised then I'm not gonna stick around to watch. Have fun semi-autistically trolling the match.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ruinus

I take it back. Be as big a moron as you like. If you're going to try and defend your debate position by making a point and then putting your fingers in your ears and going LALALAICAN'THEARYOU when a counterpoint is raised then I'm not gonna stick around to watch. Have fun semi-autistically trolling the match.

Why should I entertain a claim without evidence? He wants to say that Buu spammed out planet destroying attacks that Vegeta blocked? Great. He can provide evidence of that before I even argue it.

Hey, that's great. Leave the match. You're not going to bother to back up your arguments anyway, so there's no conceivable way you could actually contribute to this debate at all.

Guest Ruinus

Can the Deathstar fire again or does it need to take time to charge for a second blast?

It looks like this is the Death Star I, which means that it has a 24 hour recharge time between full powered shots.

Either way, it doesn't matter. The Death Star is already in the process of firing, it's close enough that the beam will hit instantly, and the entire firing sequence takes about 1 or 2 seconds. Vegeta, even if he had the power necessary to block the superlaser (something I highly doubt), doesn't have enough time to do shit.

Guest llebannaaoj

Ruinus:The superlaser doesn't at all work like any of the ki attacks from Dragon Ball

well first ki blasts and lases are kind of the same since both are light and energy so yes vegeta could stop it or he would use a shield...

Guest Ruinus

well first ki blasts and lases are kind of the same since both are light and energy so yes vegeta could stop it or he would use a shield...

No, they aren't. Not only is the superlaser not a laser but ki blasts work nothing like real life energy beams. Look at that Final Flash HD video I posted on the previous page, it touches the Earth at several points and does nothing at all. It doesn't heat the ground, it doesn't knock the clouds out of the way, it doesn't heat any of the surrounding area. Ki blasts can be held in people's hands, real life lasers won't do that. Ki blasts touch the ground and smash it as if it was an actual object. Ki blasts can hit people and push them as if they were actual objects (Broly was killed in this manner, and while I know he's non-canon, I'm sure other times similar things have occured). Ki blasts most noticeably do not move at light speed.

Also, again, everyone seems to be forgetting that the Death Star is already firing the superlaser, Vegeta only has a second or two to do anything, he basically has an impossibly small window of opportunity to do anything at all except sit there, yell and charge up and then die along with everyone else.

Guest Rupertmetal

Vid of Vegeta planet busting:

And that was before he even went SSJ. Also, he's breathing in space, so if earth was destroyed he wouldn't be with it. However, I think he would be able to protect the earth. He'd cancel out or overpower the death star's attack, and counter with his own if necessary. He can easily dodge anything the death star has to throw at him. However the death star is gigantic. A sitting duck.

Guest The Lord Dragon Reborn

I love Star Wars but I'm afraid that the Death Star is extremely out matched on this one. Vegeta has no problem deflecting the blast back and ultimatly making the Death Star the cause of it own distruction.

And my "evidence" is......... I DON'T NEED EVIDENCE!!! This is a fantasy scenario situation that the author is asking our OPINION on. It seems to me that MOST of us are of the OPINION that Vegeta has no problem making the ultimate space station his biatch.

Guest Ruinus

Vid of Vegeta planet busting:

And that was before he even went SSJ. Also, he's breathing in space, so if earth was destroyed he wouldn't be with it. However, I think he would be able to protect the earth. He'd cancel out or overpower the death star's attack, and counter with his own if necessary. He can easily dodge anything the death star has to throw at him. However the death star is gigantic. A sitting duck.

Huh, so he can.

How's he going to act within 1 or 2 seconds to do anything? Again, the Death Star is already firing while Vegeta is still charging up. Also, Vegeta would be more damaged by the giant Earth shattering explosion that's going to go off behind him and not the lack of air.

Guest Ruinus

By the way, about this whole "Vegeta will overpower the superlaser blast!" stuff going on.

Official Power Levels:

At the Vegeta saga his power level is listed as 18,000.

Let's assume he blew up that planet with pure energy transfer rather than some chain reaction effect. So he's got 1E+32 J of energy in him. (Which I don't for a second buy).

Down in the Freiza saga his highest power level is listed as 6,000,000. This means his power level, from the beginning of the series to the last official listing jumped by a factor of 333. This means that his power of 1E+32 J was also multiplied by 333 and led to 3.33E+34.

The Death Star's super laser, on the other hand, is calced at 1E+38 J.

Vegeta, therefore, at his highest power level listed in Super Saiyan form still needs to be 3,003 times more powerful to match the Death Star superlaser.

Fact is, he isn't going to be blocking, deflecting or shielding the Earth.

Guest Ruinus

In fact, I'll go out of my way and make shit up now.

Vegeta's power level when he blew up that planet was 18,000. 1E32 J.

Let's say that his current power level in this set up is 2,000,000,000. 2 billion at his strongest.* Therefore, he'd have, at most, 1.11E+37 J of energy into his strongest attack if he completely exhausts his entire Ki supply into this SUPER BEAM ATTACK OF DEATH RAR!

The Death Star's superlaser is still 9 times stronger.*

*By multiplying his 6,000,000 super Saiyan power level by 333 again.

**Keep in mind that, according to the recent Death Star novel (which I quoted already) the superlaser is so powerful that some parts of Alderaan were literally launched into faster than light velocities.

So basically, in case you don't want to read that all over.

Vegeta at 2 BILLION power level launching his entire Ki supply into an all out super attack is still 9 times weaker than the superlaser blast.

Guest bigballerju

Well one in the setup Vegeta is already charged up before Vader even told them to fire. Two I its very easy to get clips of Goku vs Vegeta from Season One which if you have watched DBZ you would remember this famous scene that proves Vegeta is a planet buster:

Guest force_echo

I think that clip just proved that there's no way Vegeta would be able to charge up a planet busting attack in the time before the Death star fires.

In fact, I'll go out of my way and make shit up now.

Vegeta's power level when he blew up that planet was 18,000. 1E32 J.

Let's say that his current power level in this set up is 2,000,000,000. 2 billion at his strongest.* Therefore, he'd have, at most, 1.11E+37 J of energy into his strongest attack if he completely exhausts his entire Ki supply into this SUPER BEAM ATTACK OF DEATH RAR!

The Death Star's superlaser is still 9 times stronger.*

*By multiplying his 6,000,000 super Saiyan power level by 333 again.

**Keep in mind that, according to the recent Death Star novel (which I quoted already) the superlaser is so powerful that some parts of Alderaan were literally launched into faster than light velocities.

So basically, in case you don't want to read that all over.

Vegeta at 2 BILLION power level launching his entire Ki supply into an all out super attack is still 9 times weaker than the superlaser blast.

This math has nothing to do with this, if you have all this intelligence to make up supposed numbers just to scream your point at people like you need medication then you shouldn't be here at least. You need to be teaching a math class or something. Overall regardless of your rant, Vegeta would win this. Am I going to argue every point? No. This is the problem with some of the 'know it alls" they will argue you to the point of only one thing, the ego. This is what sirmethos couldn't let go. To be honest with his tech and all that I wouldn't be surprised if he was still here. Techno mumbo jumbo isn't needed in this. If he can blow up a planet then he could take out the death star. Unlike some of my posts this is all I have to say so go scream science at yourself. Yes I have gotten worked up about stuff in the past but dude seriously this means way too much to you if you are going to need meds and a psychologist just to try to prove a point. You are again, in the wrong place if you are using your so called brains to just argue down teens and young adults on something fantasy. If anything you should apologize for screaming at everyone and there should be some kind of rule here about typing in caps that large.

We hear you, we can read and your opinion is yours and other people have a right to theirs. So don't get all psycho and straight jacket chic if you can't have your way. I have been wrong before and I have been right but at least accept it when other people dont agree. Agree to disagree and stop screaming.

Guest bigballerju

Yeah but in the setup Vegeta is basically already charged up before Vader even fires. Plus In the setup this takes place after Freeza was killed and Vegeta was more powerful then.

I just provided that clip because he wanted prove Vegeta way back then was a planet buster which he was.

Pretty much Ruinus.

Seems the only things that are canon are like... one movie, Bardock: The Father of Goku, and the instances of the anime that follows the manga... which is a yes since its not in the manga. Basically counts as Filler.

Been a while since I debated DBZ though.

Guest bigballerju

Garlic Jr. is actually canon also I think. Its included in the DBZ collection of the original anime that aired.

Guest Ruinus

Well one in the setup Vegeta is already charged up before Vader even told them to fire. Two I its very easy to get clips of Goku vs Vegeta from Season One which if you have watched DBZ you would remember this famous scene that proves Vegeta is a planet buster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNeK0iuBgCU&feature=related

As force echo pointed out, that video shows that Vegeta won't have any time to charge up. The Death Star took "a second or two" for the beams to meet up and coalesce into the main superlaser beam. That video shows Vegeta taking a few seconds to do anything.

Also, no, Vegeta is charging up, he is not fully charged.

As Vegeta charges up his ki, the Z fighters watch in desperatio.

Guest Ruinus

Yeah but in the setup Vegeta is basically already charged up before Vader even fires. Plus In the setup this takes place after Freeza was killed and Vegeta was more powerful then.

I just provided that clip because he wanted prove Vegeta way back then was a planet buster which he was.

And since you missed my previous post (the one anu is ranting about) you'd see that even if I wanked out and raised Vegeta's power level to 2 BILLION he wouldn't have enough power to deflect the superlaser.

Guest Ruinus

rant

There's only one person that's getting out of hand in this thread, and it certainly isn't me.

Hint: It's you.