X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Batman vs Goku

Guest Shockwave

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)
Not true. Batman fights every day, not counting the several hours every day he spends training, both his body and his combat skills.

sure, but he owns companies has dinners, does stake outs. Goku is a bad father and husband, he trains all day with the exception of resting and eating. so the higher time spent training goes to Goku. Even as a kid, Bruce went to school, probably took years, Goku as a kid trained and trained.

I do see your point though and Bruce trains a lot.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hayesmeister5651
sure, but he owns companies has dinners, does stake outs. Goku is a bad father and husband, he trains all day with the exception of resting and eating. so the higher time spent training goes to Goku. Even as a kid, Bruce went to school, probably took years, Goku as a kid trained and trained.

I do see your point though and Bruce trains a lot.

Bruce fights everyday, and trains every day. In the Dragonaball universe they go years without fighting, where as Bruce fights literally everyday.

If you read Batman's comics you'd know that he makes less and less public appearances anymore.

Guest Spytheman
I don't need to read them, since you guys already discredit gpku's fighting abilities. No poin in talking about it

But real quick, Goku knows them as well and how to defend vs them so saying Batman wins easily for that reason shouldn't be counted

Goku is not human so for all we know his no powered body can do more than regular humans can.

No disrespect to you by the way!

To be fair Pymp, all but one post in this thread said regardless of who wins, it'd be close.

Anyway, just throwing this out there, I'm pretty sure Goku knows nerve strikes as well.

That said, Batman wins.

Guest Hayesmeister5651
To be fair Pymp, all but one post in this thread said regardless of who wins, it'd be close.

Anyway, just throwing this out there, I'm pretty sure Goku knows nerve strikes as well.

That said, Batman wins.

When have we seen Goku use nerve strikes? If he has, there should be proof, I don't remember Goku ever using that technique.

Guest square pickle

Goku is only superior due to super powers. Take that away, and Batman (who is assumed to knows every fighting style) would beat his head in. Plus, DBZ is gay. American comics > Anime.

Guest Pseudonym

Goku is quite a good deal more skilled than Batman is. But what you guys don't understand is you can't say 'Goku without ki'. That doesn't mean anything. It's a statement that doesn't make sense. Goku, without ki, is dead.

If you simply want to compare the martial arts skills. Consider that Goku was trained by God and has had his skilled battle tested by The alien overlord of the galaxy, a robot built specifically to kill him, and a magic entity of pure destruction. Goku knows how to throw punches and take punches.

That said, the Bat knows what he's doing too. He was trained by...ninjas I think. And he daily fights...untrained criminals. And occasionally a roided up mexican. Um. Not often anyone who really requires any martial arts prowess - but - that's not to say he doesn't have his skills.

I just think Goku's got it better.

Guest Hayesmeister5651
Goku is quite a good deal more skilled than Batman is. But what you guys don't understand is you can't say 'Goku without ki'. That doesn't mean anything. It's a statement that doesn't make sense. Goku, without ki, is dead.

If you simply want to compare the martial arts skills. Consider that Goku was trained by God and has had his skilled battle tested by The alien overlord of the galaxy, a robot built specifically to kill him, and a magic entity of pure destruction. Goku knows how to throw punches and take punches.

That said, the Bat knows what he's doing too. He was trained by...ninjas I think. And he daily fights...untrained criminals. And occasionally a roided up mexican. Um. Not often anyone who really requires any martial arts prowess - but - that's not to say he doesn't have his skills.

The focus of Dragonball was martial arts, the focus of Dragonball Z was getting more powerful. In DBZ they never once said "I need to learn new martial arts" it was always "I need to increase my power to win". Besides there is a long list of people in the DCU that is just as skilled/even more skilled then Batman, that he has taken down.

Guest sirmethos

Ok, then instead of saying "Goku without ki", let's say "Goku without the ability to actively use his Ki, and with his Ki level reduced to that of a normal human", since that is essentially what the OP was trying to do.

Now, let's go through the examples you put up of his skills:

"Goku was trained by God"

Actually, he was primarily trained by Mr. Popo, and his training consisted of 2 things. 1. Learning how to sense Ki(that was his big trick after he returned from the training). and 2. increasing his Ki power level.

"and has had his skilled battle tested by The alien overlord of the galaxy, a robot built specifically to kill him, and a magic entity of pure destruction."

The "alien overlord of the galaxy", aka. Frieza, Goku defeated through superior power, not superior skill.

The "robot built specifically to kill him". I'm assuming you mean Cell(that Goku didn't defeat), who was also defeated through superior power, not superior skill.

And finally the "magic entity of pure destruction", aka. Buu, who was.... you guessed it, also defeated through superior Power, not superior skill.

Another example is Taopaipai, who Goku also defeated due to Power, rather than skill.

Now, my memory is not perfect, so there might be examples, but I can't remember a single opponent, that Goku actually defeated due to having superior skill, as opposed to simply being more powerful.

Guest Pseudonym

You're forgetting that there was a good amount of hand to hand combat in all of those fights. Against Freeza, Goku had to contend with five limbs. Against cell, with an android. and against buu - various levels of psycho magic eeeevil.

If I remember correctly, Goku did defeat Cell.

Although, I agree. The Dragon Ball Z series focuses mostly on raw power. And manipulation of their life energies is the DBZ casts main martial art. So it's hard to tell exactly how good they are 'without ki'.

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)
Before Pymp argues any more than he is now, and continues being a fanboy...

FIX YOUR GOD BE DAMNED GRAMMAR.

one, I don't care to, Im at work ahve type fast since I have shit to do.

2, I'm a fanboy because I have opinions?

3. Stop complaining, and skip this if you don't want to read this.

4. That is all lol.

4. That is all lol.

1. I can type at over one hundred words per minute. My grammar is impeccable.

2. No, you're a fanboy because you blatantly ignore everything that doesn't promote your opinion.

3. Fix your grammar and I'll stop complaining.

4. Quite.

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)
The focus of Dragonball was martial arts, the focus of Dragonball Z was getting more powerful. In DBZ they never once said "I need to learn new martial arts" it was always "I need to increase my power to win". Besides there is a long list of people in the DCU that is just as skilled/even more skilled then Batman, that he has taken down.

Not true. Thats what you and others think. vast and major difference. In DBZ they do not focus on Martial Arts as they are alreasy masters of it. So the next thing to do is train to be more powerful.

ki or no ki, they are extremely skilled. Saying Batman is more is just plain wrong. Again you, Sirmethos and a few others are focused on the little stupid things that don't matter.

Bats doesn't have more skills, you guys that haven't thrown a punch should open their mouths. Skills alone don't win fights as neither does strength, but in this case both can throw any kind of punch (Batman might call it a Karate overhead punch, ex. and Goku might just call it a punch)

in Traditional Martial Arts, most of it is bullshit and form, not really effective, ask anyone with brains if you doubt me, so what DBZ did in DB was master their forms, their styles and their own capabilities and then in DBZ they got powerful to help their already powerful skills.

How many times does this have to go in circles? Batman doesn't fight everyday, he catches bad guys with his tech and stealth, I am sure fighting the Penguin and the Joker doesn't count for shit as those guys are weak physically. He mostly dodges bulelts and traps guys.

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)
1. I can type at over one hundred words per minute. My grammar is impeccable.

2. No, you're a fanboy because you blatantly ignore everything that doesn't promote your opinion.

3. Fix your grammar and I'll stop complaining.

4. Quite.

1. wow, good for you buddy I can give a shit. I type 70 words per min and mostly use abbreviations so I really don't care, I have people write my shit for me. I will hire you haha

2. Piss turns to shit with you guys, You claim you're right in comics, oh no??? I am stupid for thinking otherwise. the only time I say DBZ wins is when you guys place them in bullshit battles. Like Goku w/o ki, and when they are allowed to have ki, the other people win because of some other bullshit like Goku can;t resist telepathy. haha Fanboys are blind to other fanboys.

3. I don't care if you complain, I don't know you, but if you ever want to complain in person I will be happy to accomidate you.

Guest square pickle

4. That is all lol.

Fanboy: "A passionate fan of various elements of geek culture (e.g. sci-fi, comics, Star Wars, video games, anime, hobbits, Magic: the Gathering, etc.), but who lets his passion override social graces".

^ Thats why youre a fanboy. A Marvel fanboy.

1. wow, good for you buddy I can give a shit. I type 70 words per min and mostly use abbreviations so I really don't care, I have people write my shit for me. I will hire you haha

2. Piss turns to shit with you guys, You claim you're right in comics, oh no??? I am stupid for thinking otherwise. the only time I say DBZ wins is when you guys place them in bullshit battles. Like Goku w/o ki, and when they are allowed to have ki, the other people win because of some other bullshit like Goku can;t resist telepathy. haha Fanboys are blind to other fanboys.

3. I don't care if you complain, I don't know you, but if you ever want to complain in person I will be happy to accomidate you.

1. FIX YOUR GODDAMN GRAMMAR.

2. Considering there are others here who know as much-- likely more-- about DBZ than you do (I do not), I don't see why you can't concede with their opinions, which I presume to be correct seeing as this is a "bullshit battle."

3. Also taking into consideration you told me to stop complaining, that implies you cared if I complain, and by the way... Not a snowball's chance in hell I am leaving my grammar chair.

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)
Fanboy: "A passionate fan of various elements of geek culture (e.g. sci-fi, comics, Star Wars, video games, anime, hobbits, Magic: the Gathering, etc.), but who lets his passion override social graces".

^ Thats why youre a fanboy. A Marvel fanboy.

oh wait now I am a marvel fanboy? I thought I was being accused of being a DBZ fanboy?

If I am a fanboy you are of male organs

Guest Hayesmeister5651
1. Not true. Thats what you and others think. vast and major difference. In DBZ they do not focus on Martial Arts as they are alreasy masters of it. So the next thing to do is train to be more powerful.

2. ki or no ki, they are extremely skilled. Saying Batman is more is just plain wrong. Again you, Sirmethos and a few others are focused on the little stupid things that don't matter.

3. Bats doesn't have more skills, you guys that haven't thrown a punch should open their mouths. Skills alone don't win fights as neither does strength, but in this case both can throw any kind of punch (Batman might call it a Karate overhead punch, ex. and Goku might just call it a punch)

4. so what DBZ did in DB was master their forms, their styles and their own capabilities and then in DBZ they got powerful to help their already powerful skills.

5. How many times does this have to go in circles? Batman doesn't fight everyday, he catches bad guys with his tech and stealth, I am sure fighting the Penguin and the Joker doesn't count for shit as those guys are weak physically. He mostly dodges bulelts and traps guys.

1. Ok, and Batman trains to be BETTER at his already master level skills.

2. What stupid little things? Prove that Goku is more skilled if it is that obvious.

3. Actually Broly proves DBZ is all about having more power then skill. Broly is a brawler and he owned 5 highly trained martial artists through sheer power. Batman has beaten stronger opponents through his superior skill.

4. Stop repeating yourself, and start proving Goku is superior.

5. Batman DOES fight everyday. If he isn't fighting a villain, he is on patrol using his fighting skills. In DBZ they go YEARS with peace. That means Goku training, while Batman is using his skills everyday in life or death situations.

Seriously pymp, quit being such a fan boy. You can have an opinion, but if you are going to "debate" then be objective. Stop being an idiot, it may be hard but try your best!

Guest square pickle
oh wait now I am a marvel fanboy? I thought I was being accused of being a DBZ fanboy?

If I am a fanboy you are of male organs

Like you said earlier, it would be a cold day in hell that you ever said that to my face. Besides, your comeback was completly lame. YOU think Im gay because I gave the definition of "fanboy" (which matches you perfectly), yet EVERYONE on here knows youre a fanboy (except you). So yeah... you fail fanboy. ..l.,

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)
1. Ok, and Batman trains to be BETTER at his already master level skills.

2. What stupid little things? Prove that Goku is more skilled if it is that obvious.

3. Actually Broly proves DBZ is all about having more power then skill. Broly is a brawler and he owned 5 highly trained martial artists through sheer power. Batman has beaten stronger opponents through his superior skill.

4. Stop repeating yourself, and start proving Goku is superior.

5. Batman DOES fight everyday. If he isn't fighting a villain, he is on patrol using his fighting skills. In DBZ they go YEARS with peace. That means Goku training, while Batman is using his skills everyday in life or death situations.

Seriously pymp, quit being such a fan boy. You can have an opinion, but if you are going to "debate" then be objective. Stop being an idiot, it may be hard but try your best!

ok Hayes lets do this.

1. and does Goku

2. You seen the shit, watch it again.

3.Actually Brolly proves nothing that Superman wouldn't do to Batman either, oh unless Batman carrying Kryptonite is not under his skills

4. Then stop repating the same shit as well

5. Batman rides hir car, batwing, and does surveillance, thats not Skills. Batman fights bums/thugs and henchmen, sure he shows skills, but anyone with some skills would do the same to unskilled people. He does not fight skilled fighters everyday. Goku doesn't either, but he trains everyday for longer, sparring, working out, ki gathering, everything he is just as skilled. The thing is I never say Goku is so skilled that Batman wouldn't keep up, just that you guys (most of you guys say that Batman would beat him easily. That is just false.

Guest sirmethos
-snip-

"Not true. Thats what you and others think. vast and major difference. In DBZ they do not focus on Martial Arts as they are alreasy masters of it. So the next thing to do is train to be more powerful."

And yet, there are no actual examples in the manga, of the skill level you are describing.

"ki or no ki, they are extremely skilled. Saying Batman is more is just plain wrong."

Saying that Batman is more skilled, is based on evidence.

"Again you, Sirmethos and a few others are focused on the little stupid things that don't matter."

You mean like the lack of evidence of Goku's supposed skill. Or the fact that every opponent he has defeated as been due to power, rather than skill?

"Bats doesn't have more skills, you guys that haven't thrown a punch should open their mouths. Skills alone don't win fights as neither does strength, but in this case both can throw any kind of punch"

Yes, Batman has more skills, and unlike with Goku, there are plenty of examples of his skill. You're right that skill alone doesn't win a fight, but Batman isn't just a skilled martial artist, he is also one of the best tacticians and strategists on the planet, and he is physically at his peak. Which means that Batman doesn't just have martial arts skill, he also has strength, speed, durability, etc. I'm not gonna argue that Batman is stronger/faster/etc. than Goku, but with Batman at his peak, and Goku reduced to human levels, they are at least equals(if Batman isn't superior), which means that yes, in a fight between the two of them, combat skills does win the fight.

"in Traditional Martial Arts, most of it is bullshit and form, not really effective, ask anyone with brains if you doubt me, so what DBZ did in DB was master their forms, their styles and their own capabilities and then in DBZ they got powerful to help their already powerful skills."

It's true that in Traditional Martial Arts, most of it is relatively (in a fight)useless forms. But since neither Batman nor Goku utilizes Traditional Martial Arts, with all its forms, that is a moot point. As for the DBZ'ers being masters of their forms, again, there is no evidence supporting that.

"How many times does this have to go in circles? Batman doesn't fight everyday, he catches bad guys with his tech and stealth, I am sure fighting the Penguin and the Joker doesn't count for shit as those guys are weak physically. "

Oh really? Every day, Batman is out fighting crime. And while yes, he takes some of them out with batarangs and other gadgets, most of them are taken out with punches and/or kicks. So yes, Batman does fight every day. And while Joker and Penguin themselves might not count for much, their usual hordes of minions do.

"He mostly dodges bulelts and traps guys."

And dodging isn't part of fighting? As for trapping bad guys, I've already addressed that.