Rumble 20566 Hippo vs. Rocksteady
MATCH SCORE
Hippo: 3
Rocksteady: 2

Reach City, Year One

Guest KevinDWolf93

Guest KevinDWolf93

Hehe, no.

Im just as antsy to start, but I can sum up the flaw of that plan with two issues:or one I dont actually have confirmation/sheets from everyone quite yet. Secondly while your for the most part are you are right in your gonna be as connected as you like(or lack therof) even splitting it into as many groups as we have, the intro is going to be something everyone experiences at roughly the same time so everyone agreeing on a start date=smoother ride I can work around better. So tomorrows not quite fitting either criteria. At least until things really begin happening I cant compensate for noshows.

Anytime is also up for me, name the start date and I can do it. The only way I wouldn't be able to post that day is if something unexpected comes up, and I can't really plan for that.

Don't start the game until its ready, quit trying to rush it guys, it's been in the making since before I joined this site, so quit trying to start it too early.

Guest KevinDWolf93

@Ruinus/Merc: Ok, all I needed to know. I will definitely give a warning to all, and I understand if things get in the way. Life's unexpected like that

@Everyone else: Thanks Jesus, but yeah this hasd been in production.........awhile. Promise itll live up. Once I get confirmation on the signups from last time I will begin to take ideas down to the date. Let's all chill.

NOTE It's been brought to my attention for the NPC sheets Ive added some odd things to secondary powers. No certain things like martial arts or marksmanship doesnt get added there(thats what combat stats are for), I just thought it'd be a nice aesthetic touch since for gameplay reasons in that none of the NPC's are having their stats shown. Remember only if its something that can aid your character or allow them to go past peak human on the skill stats, does it go there.

Yeah, I dunno if anyone noticed but Southern California was hit by a storm that had 80 mph winds that left some 350,000 people without electricity. So, since Wednesday I've had almot no electricity. It came back today at 1 PM, but it may get cut again. Luckily, I hear 90+% of people should get back their electricity by 9 PM Sunday, so after that it seems my Internet connection should be fine again.

Guest KevinDWolf93
So... any news?

Yeah, actually now that you mention it, I got you a bag of

Kidding of course(mostly).I managed to reach the majority of the guys I needed to and got answers, which is good. There are a few who havent replied, but given I've seen most of em on mibbit and/or online I'm about this close to assuming that means they're not interested anymore and moving on without them. So in a bit, I'm just gonna be waiting on the character sheets I was promised.

Yeah, actually now that you mention it, I got you a bag of

Kidding of course(mostly).I managed to reach the majority of the guys I needed to and got answers, which is good. There are a few who havent replied, but given I've seen most of em on mibbit and/or online I'm about this close to assuming that means they're not interested anymore and moving on without them. So in a bit, I'm just gonna be waiting on the character sheets I was promised.

Two of which, by yours truly! Really, I'm just waiting for the chance to get on a computer. Trying to type up what I wrote on this here phone will just make me... Fall Asleep!

Code Name: Winder

Name: Tom Summers

Origin: According to John, Tom was always the troublemaker of the three siblings. Even though John said that to make Tom think about it and become a good little boy like their youngest brother Derek. Tom became the exact opposite of what John had hoped he would become, by being a ladies' man and often gambling when John was away at work, and when Derek was at school. Tom kept this way of living a secret from his brothers all up until his 14th birthday. This was the day John, discovered Tom's dealings with certain gamblers and the notorious Mr. Tar who had killed their father. John was disgusted and confronted his brother about it, and the chat they had seemed to go pretty normal, until John brought up Mr. Tar being the reason their dad died while Tom was still a baby and Derek wasn't even born yet! Tom, who although he tried to hide it as hard as he possibly could, was still a :sissy' at heart and after he began to cry and John tried to comfort him, Tom threw his brother out off the room with a ball of wind.

The fight that ensued between the two, gathered the attention of the town residents who were very bigoted and it also made Derek who got minor injuries scared nearly to death of fighting. But, the three stopped their conflict when the police of the town they were living in, began to fire on them. Tom, quickly knocked them away and was only inches away from snapping their necks and was only stopped when John knocked him out with a quick chop to the neck. After packing up and leaving that city John and Tom didn't speak much to each other, and poor little Derek was left in the middle of the conflict as he always tried to get the two to interact, but it only ended up in Tom flipping John off, and going off somewhere to sulk.

(Skip to when the Cult of Crusades, tried to recruit Tom and Derek.)

Tom, didn't like when John said he had found a new job that paid real well, and the white robes that John kept having to bring home and clean, because for some reason they were stained red nearly all the time. To, the 16 year old John's :real' job of being a butcher was complete BS but by this point Tom had noticed how sensitive the conflict between him and John has made Derek, so he kept that to himself, and went along with John's butcher job until one day when Tom returned from a great day of booze, and gambling, their were strange men wearing suits of armor, and even though some of them had blood stains on their armor and weapons the oblivious Derek didn't mind it and was actually having a engaging conversation with them until Tom knocked one out with a quick wind fueled punch to the noggin, which was tough enough to leave a dent in the man's helmet. The knights quickly turned on the two but they were easily defeated by Tom, as Derek stood in awe at Tom's strength which might have even matched John's.

Tom, grew closer to his younger brother that day and although Derek thought the incident would separate Tom and John even more, it appeared that after John nearly beat the knights to death, even after they had stated they were surrendering, lead Tom to gain new respect for his older brother who now for some unknown reason, only known to the LP and John himself, his big brother was wearing a suit of armor, that Tom gave John the nickname :Steroid man' after seeing John's curse first hand as he increased his percentage and with that his muscle mass increased as well.

It seemed the three brothers would be getting along great, but after the knights were chased off, John informed his brothers that they would be moving yet again, as it wasn't safe anymore. Although Tom didn't protest out loud, he was agisant the idea of moving as he had made 4 girlfriends in Mortar City. But, after learning that they would be moving to Hero City, Tom quickly packed up and followed his two brothers who were already packed.

Aflitration ; Hero

Public Status: Tom is very well liked by many girls his age and even some adult females! But, around important figures like politicians, teachers or any other person with a job that didn't involve getting wasted or getting money Tom is seen a nuisance and John often has to smack him around to keep him in line or Derek's shadow will frighten off poteional girlfriends.

Mysterious Vigilante

Appearance: http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/...ta_xx/edgee.jpg

Costume: Doesn't like to wear one. So he wears his regular clothes but has a mask on his head

Primary Power:Wind manipulation lvl 2

Tom can control wind , and can focus it into a ball which he can launch at speeds fast enough for the wind to go through almost any armor or shield. Tom can even use the wind to fly. Along with being able to use the wind itself as a weapon, Tom can turn himself into wind but only for 2 minutes at the most or he suffers a very bad headache and gets dizzy. He can also use the wind to speed up his punches or kicks. That is often why Tom is called the :Jet Fisted wonder'.

Equipment: Skateboard, spiked gloves so he can inflict stabs and cuts when using a Jet Punch. Spiked gloves, Bullets which he can use without a gun by using the wind to flick them fast enough as if, they were being shot out of a real gun. But he also keeps a real Air soft gun on him, in the event if he ever lost his powers or something random like that.

Affiltration: None

Codename: The Lone Shadow or the unofficial name Tom has given him, the Lone Wanderer (For his shadow always tries to wander without Derek's knowing.)

Name; Derek Summers.

Mysterious Vigilante

Origin; Derek doesn't remember a lot about his childhood or his parents as his father was killed before he was born. Perhaps, it has something to do with the fact that Derek came from their father's second wife. But, from what John tells him, he was the crybaby of the group, and would often run to John whenever Tom would :pick on him'. This led to Tom waiting until John left for work, before he would pick on or beat up on Derek. But as Derek grew older, he would begin to only rarely call on John to protect him as he began to stand up for himself agsiant Tom.

Everything went on as it went like how I explained before with the family moving from city to city, but before they left their first city, they had an encounter with their father's murderer: The cruel and calculating Mr. Tar. Since, John was just a albeit strong, but regular human at the time, he posed little threat to the villain and was quickly pinned down by a ball of tar. Tom managed to put up a decent fight but he too was taken down. Once, John and Tom were restrained, Mr. Tar set his sights upon the young 10 year old Derek who was enraged seeing his father's killer beat up on his brothers with no emotion. As it seemed Mr. Tar would strike the little boy down Derek surprised the villain by giving him a good right hook to the face, which shocked Tar because normally he would have turned into tar and Derek's fist would have gotten stuck, but it seemed Derek struck too fast for him to turn into tar.

After receiving a couple more good hits from the child, Mr. Tar began to fight seriously and took control of the fight, and after drawing his rifle he aimed it at Derek's head and would have pulled the trigger if Derek's powers didn't activate at the right time. His power being his shadow was alive and breathing like a regular creature but still had to stay attached to him like :normal'. Since, Derek was barley able to stand the shadow took advantage of that and it seems after it began to take somewhat control of Derek's body, Mr. Tar's powers were rendered way too slow to be of any use to him while fighting The Shadow. Eventually, Mr. Tar had to retreat so his jewel which was the source of his power could recharge. But, even though the danger was gone the shadow refused to give up

Hero

Derek and lashed out at Tom and John who tried to convince the shadow to release its control on their young brother. It seems that if Derek didn't awake the shadow would have killed his brothers and Derek would have been left both a orphan, and a only child. Derek, didn't have any memory of what had happened and so with Derek not knowing about the Shadow taking control of his body and Mr. Tar nearly killing him, John could secretly put a seal on Derek which would prevent the shadow from appearing somewhat.

TIME SKIP! 3 YEARS!

After finally moving to a city which looked like it would be the right one, as John had found a job that paid well and he didn't complain about it. Hell, Derek even got to go to school in this city! But, the good times wouldn't last long because only after three years of leaving in the city of Mortar, the three brothers would have to get ready to move again, because to Tom and Derek, of four weird knights that tried to recruit the two into some strange cult. It was before this though Derek was frightened of fighting because of seeing how badly John and Tom hurt each other as they battled often over stupid things. But, even as the three make their way to HeroCity, deep down in his heart Derek knows he would do anything to protect his brothers, even if it meant dying.

Affiltration; Hero

Public Status: Derek is seen as a shy boy by many people and often he is seen as the :normal' one out of his siblings, but some people do know about the destruction he caused during his battle with Mr. Tar and so they often call him names behind his back. But unlike his brothers who are either feared or loved by the people, Derek is the :average joe' of the siblings.

Appearance: http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_...-blonde-boy.jpg

Costume: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4OYGjUrdllo/Slql...org_Beast02.jpg Not really a cosutme but it is what Derek looks like when he lets his shadow take a little bit of control.

Primary power:Shadow Manipulation lvl 2

Derek if the shadow ever got full control of him could possibly be even stronger than Tom, but because of the age factor John would still be able to contain the shadow. With that said Derek's power is that he can use his living shadow as a shield, and can have it attack his enemies. If Derek lets the shadow get a little control, he can increase his speed and jumping ability. But one of the drawbacks is that often in the middle of battle; the shadow can try to take over Derek. Also, UV lights or being out in the sun for too long can make his shadow weak.

Equipment: Backpack, which he normally hides his shadow in but pretty much just regular stuff.

Armor: It is armor he makes out of his shadow.

Weapons: If his shadow ever fails him, he keeps a switchblade on his person just incase.

Code name: Mr. Tar

Name: Michael L. Tar.

Origin: Michael, was born during the Revolutionary War, and was a leader of a British platoon that was nicknamed :The Rebel squashers', for their profiency in taking out all enemies and never losing a single man. But, in the final years of the war TRS, found a abandoned building, which when looked inside had dead rebels inside. The soldiers after looting the dead rebels, found a jewel which confused the five men as it appeared to grow brighter as the soldiers got closer to it. Michael, being the bravest out of his men decided that their wine had simply gotten to them and they were only imagining the jewel was glowing. So, Michael foolishly grabbed the jewel, but as soon as his hand enveloped the blood red jewel, it filled the room with a bright red light. The screams of his men were the only sounds the British platoon leader would hear, as he saw all of his men scattered around him, with holes in them. Tar, was shocked at what happened and so he didn't notice the jewel embed itself into his chest.

Tar, screamed in pain as the jewel pierced flesh and cracked bone as it took its place right next to his heart. Meanwhile, the bright light and Tar's screams attracted a couple of American rebels who saw Tar all by himself, and recognizing his coat which of course was the color red the troops rushed in and surrounded Tar. They ordered Tar to give himself up peacefully or else he would be just another casualty. Tar, ignored their orders and thanks to the jewel the Brit made a pit of tar appear around the rebel's feet. The confused and terrified looks on the men filled Michael with glee, as he left the trapped soldiers to slowly but surely die in the tar pits. While heading back to inform his superior, about what happened to his men, Michael began to realize that now thanks to the jewel, and Michael could now make his namesake, which was Tar. He then realized that he could easily defeat both the British and Americans but, he decided that he would just take whatever he could from the dead soldiers. So, throughout important land battles of the war Tar made sure that the battles would be harder for both sides, as he often had his own :soldiers' that were made out of tar ambush Redcoats so the Americans would have more of a chance.

It was only after the RW that Michael began to use the alias of Mr. Tar instead of his birth name, simply because he felt the Mr made him sound more mysterious. It was also when Mr. Tar discovered that the jewel prevented him from ever dying of old age. When, the Civil War broke out, according to Mr. Tar he was the brains behind the Southern army or the Confederates. He only took Jefferson Douglas as a fake name, because he didn't want anyone tracing him back to being the one who made the Tar pits and tar monsters during the RW. When asked about his leadership of the Confederacy during the Civil War, Tar responded that he would always regret it because he had to keep Mr. Tar a secret from both the Southerners, and the :Yankees.' Personally, Mr. Tar didn't care about the slaves or anything he just wanted whatever money he could steal from the soldiers that died. After, the Civil War Mr. Tar kept out of the media, until World War 1 in which he impersonated a British general and trained some of them. He agreed with the French on the Treaty of Versailles.

Mr. Tar secretly fearing the Russians kept out of WW2 except to help the Allies on D-Day in which tar pits randomly appeared to slow down the tanks and Nazis. But, this help went unnoticed by the Allies and was never mentioned in the History books. After the war, Mr. Tar quickly became a very well known gang lord and he was often called the :Sticky Reaper' because of the tar's sticky nature and of how many rival gang members he killed with his power.

( SKIP TO WHEN Mr. Tar fought the Summer's father)

John, Derek, and Tom's father was a very powerful mutant who along with being able to control the wind, he could also use his shadow like a weapon and for a long time, he was considered the strongest being in the town that he and his wife lived in. But, once Mr. Tar caught wind of that rumor, he quickly challenged (I'm gonna call their dad Elijah) Elijah to a fight, in which to everybody's surprise even the 4 year old John's who although he hated his dad, he thought he could never be beaten. The surprise was that Mr. Tar easily beat and killed Elijah with only minor wounds to tell about the encounter. But, Elijah had held off the villain long enough for John and his mother to escape to safety. Mr. Tar after destroying the city in a fit of rage after losing the chance to kill Elijah's wife and son soon forgot about John and thought he would never be a threat again. It was only when the Summers brothers had a big fight which attracted the attention of Mr. Tar. Although John and Tom were easy to subdue, the youngest and perhaps most dangerous one , Derek gave Mr. Tar some trouble and he ended up having to retreat because of how fast Derek was draining the jewel as it could barely keep up having to heal Mr. Tar from Derek's continuous punches.

Mr. Tar after this encounter would have to wait a couple more years before he would see the three again, but this time Mr. Tar only :saw' the brothers in a picture of the three traveling to go to Hero City. Wanting, to get revenge on the three brothers for the defeat that he suffered at Derek's hands, he pursued after them.

Affiltration; Villain.

Public Status: Mr. Tar is feared by most of the civilians in Hero City, but most of the big time heroes don't see Mr. Tar as that big of a threat because of how slow tar is and some heroes are strong enough and fast enough to beat Mr. Tar before the jewel can heal him and if that is kept up, the jewel will shatter leaving Mr. Tar unable to heal himself.

Appearance:http://scarsofwargame.com/DevBlog/wp-conte.../kc_mobster.gif

Costume:http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/imgs/arti...rman6_front.jpg

Primary Power:Tar Manipulation Lvl 2

Mr. Tar's primary power is to well turn himself into living tar. He can also make tar pits, summon creatures made up of tar, and even shoot balls of tar. He can even heal himself from bodily harm, as long as Mr. Tar gives the jewel located right behind his heart enough time which is usually around 10 seconds to 5 minutes, depending on how big the wound is. If Mr. Tar overexerts the jewel or there are too many wounds for the jewel to heal, it will eventually either run out of power or break. Tar will still have his powers but he won't be able to heal from wounds. Another disadvantage is that the tar unless Mr. Tar uses the jewel to speed it up, it is normally pretty slow and so Mr. Tar can usually only catch people in tar pits or if he sends a wave of tar at them. He can aslo harden the tar into asphlat or make himself as hard as asphlat.

Equipment: Jewel which he has hidden right behind his heart, and jewel located behind his brain, that Mr. Tar artificially made to provide a little bit of support to the jewel in his chest.

Weapons: Winchester rifle, musket and machete. Oh and his tar powers.

Armor: He can harden the tar to use it as armor.

Mr.Tar: STATS

Strength: 4

Dexterity: 0

Vitality: 2

Intelligence: 3

Speed: 2

Stamina: 2

Strike: (Short): 4

Projection: (Mid): 1

Launch: (Long): 4

Accuracy: 1

Tom: STATS

Strength: 3

Dexterity: 4

Intelligence: 2

Strike: (Short): 1

Launch: (Long): 0

Derek:

STATS

Strength: 3

Intelligence: 3

Strike: (Short): 2

Projection: (Mid): 5

Guest Djgambrell

Code Name: Dark prince

Civilian identity: Trace Mathews

Origin: The boy was not born but spawned from the fires of hell. He was thrown to the earth by his father Lucifer Morningstar to conquer it and bring damnation to all. He was quickly changed when he mat a group of children. They were kind and fed him. They even gave him a name. He quickly knew that not all people deserved to burn. Many needed protection. Trace was unfortunate to learn this after he found an evil man gutting and killing the children with a smile. That man burned. Trace now punished the wicked under a popular name for his father. His work has a price. Now that he does not wish to conquer world hell's forces are against him. The holy beings wish his obliteration because he is the hellish child. His powers are still growing so he is not afraid. Trace doesn't care for any of this as long as he can keep the children from crying.

Affiliation: Hero

Public status: He is seen as dangerous and perhaps evil to some but others find him to be quite... Heroic.

Archetype: Mystery vigilante.

Appearance

8e5ad46af8482fbba2065171729d1989.jpg

Costume

Nano_Armor_by_sith_x.jpg

Primary power:

10 p. Soul steal- Trace can take the souls of those he kills and do with it what he wishes. He may send them to heaven or hell and gains there knowledge for 1 hour. They also double his power for that hour. He can see the souls of all creatures and see the corruption or purity.

Secondary power:

5 p. Fallen angel physiology- Trace does not age. He is stronger and faster than a human by far. He regenerates much faster than humans as well. He also can change appearance. Smallest is 4 feet. 80 pounds. Max is 10 feet. 1200 pounds. Also fireproof.

5 p. Holy-fire Manipulation- A fire formed by thought. Cannot be put out by normal means. Acts normally against neautral creatures. Powerful against demons.

Equipment:

50 SC King's armor- Trace has stolen his father's armor from The Rebellion. It grows in power as he does. It can change at Trace's will to a degree. Weakness to holy power.

50 SC Blood drinker- His father's blade. It feeds on the blood of the wicked. Can cut the incorporeal.

scarlet_blade_by_dawnaboveheaven-d3frfp4.jpg

Associates: none.

Stats:

Strength: 5

Intelligence: 2

Strike: (Short): 1