Rumble 20588 Waldstein vs. Metera vs. Mutagen Man
MATCH SCORE
Waldstein: 0
Metera: 1
Mutagen Man: 2

The Island Kingdom of Genosha

kainboa

Guest Djgambrell

Van said nothing for a moment. After a bit of thought he spoke.

"We're strong. I fully believe that. Though thats all we have. If we worked as a team none we would be more successful. Everyone seems to think about themselves. Not trusting the team leader. Jelousy and anger is all we have. It even escalated to a fight between Marcel and Chris. Honestly I'm disappointed in us."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigballerju

Chris waited to see if Van was done as he spoke next as he stood up. " Its not about not trusting the Team Leader its about the fact she is not fit for leader role it seems when we are in the field. I am not doing a blame game but it seems we have not been able to coordinate and strategize effectively on missions. I agree we should work together more in battle against a foe but I also think one or two members need to step up. Me and Technician won't alway be there to save you." Chris said finished as he and sat down waiting to see what the others had on there mind.

Guest KevinDWolf93

marcel listened to the two team members before him stone-faced to hide emotions. He took Van's words to heart and did his best to not take Chris; statement personally. Once he was finished, Marcel stands to speak.

"Sir let me make one thing clear, I am more than willing to acknowlidge and take responsibility for any mistakes that I've made. As a leader or in the heat of combat. However, I agree with Van; overall this team isn't acting like a team, and no group effort has been taken to rectify that as a whole. As individuals we've all grown powerful in our own rights, but as strong as we all are, these past failures have made it known to me that there's more powerful individuals out there. If we want to have a better success rate and deal with those threats then we do need to work together, however despite what anyone has to say it's plain that respect for others on this team isn't at the level it should be. As the field leader for the previous operations I believe, if nothing else, we're not fit for duty if the general opinion of our teamates is anything remotely like what Chris just said. Any tactics or teamwork we do have to stem from acting like the full team that we are at least to some degree and were just not succeeding there." Marcel frowns as he does his best to keep his statement as impersonal on a person-by-person base as possible. There were certain individuals he thinks it applies to more than others, and he figured the rest of the team likely had differing opinions. "I'm not singling anyone out either, that goes for everyone...me included." he says before sitting down, a distant stare on his face as he hears out the others.

A couple of moments passed in silence before Exodus spoke.

"Jack has conveyed to me that the adamantium mask has locked up, preventing him from speaking at the moment, so we will move on to the next, Shin, if you would give your thoughts please:"

"My thoughts? Hmmmm My thoughts on the mission, Yes, well all I can say is you win battles and you loss battles. I am just glad everyone is breathing." Shin said this as most upbeat he can trying to keep an upbeat attitude, he thumbs up Exodus, keeping a smile on his face..

"I believe we made some errors, and got into some difficult situations because of them, but we are not perfect, it would be impossible for us to act as if we are. We will improve with time and training. That is all I have to say at the moment." Gorillinator said.

Guest hamtaroblazex

Zoi stood quiet as she listened to her teammates. She let it sink in, what each of them thought what was a problem and how they can fix it. It then turned quiet, real quiet. She then just realized it was her turn. She hasn't really put some serious thought with the missions, but she did had a small opinion forming.

"Well...Like the others of said, it's been rough, and we really can't use the excuse 'Only Human'...but that doesn't mean we don't falter, get tired...frustrated...but that's why we need to become better as a team, more..uh..team-excersises rather then individual...make plans for our plans that fail...All in all, we just have to be become united as a team first, before we can tackle anything else...in my honest opinion of course."

Guest sirmethos

Technician calmly stood up, his face impassive, and let his eyes glide over his teammates, before focusing on Exodus "I would like to address two things. First, our unity as a team. As things are, we are all too individual, too different, both in our mindsets, opinions, and ways of thinking, to become fully enmeshed and act as a single unit. However, we are capable of acting as a more individualized team.

On missions that require us to act as a single unit, we will inevitably fail, simply because we get in the way of each other. While on missions with larger targets, our individual nature is an asset, as we can be split up, and attack several points at the same time, leaving each individual, or in some cases small groups, to use their own methods, while still working together for the greater purpose of completing the overall mission.

To move on to my second point, our so called failures. Let's briefly look at them to see the reasons for failure.

On our mission to annihilate one of the bases belonging to Apocalypse, we failed for two reasons. One, the opposition we faced was much greater than our intelligence had indicated. And two, the adversary we faced, without any kind of preparation, was much greater than the sum of our team. In summary, had intelligence on the mission been accurate, and informed of the presence of Apocalypse himself, our team would never have been sent on the mission in the first place. I hold that this mission was not a failure on our part. We did the best we could, and despite overwhelming odds, managed to get everyone out alive.

On our mission to destroy the sentinel from the future, it was a similar case. Our mission started with bad intelligence, and we were faced with opposition on a scale that we were unprepared for. And despite these things, we once again got everyone out alive. I once again hold, that this mission was not a failure on our part.

Finally, we have the mission to Atlantis. I must admit that I still fail to comprehend why we, of all teams, were on that mission in the first place. Neither of us have even the slightest training in diplomacy, nor do any of us have any personal knowledge about Namor, that might have allowed us to persuade him. Instead of sending a team of diplomats to secure an alliance. We were sent, a team completely lacking in unity and team discipline, with small, but obvious, infighting. I can only surmise that we were sent, not to secure an alliance, but to project a false image of discord, letting the outside world believe that Genosha is weak, due to infighting and lack of discipline. Again, I hold that this mission was not a failure on our part. We did the best we could, on a mission that we were ill suited for to begin with."

Exodus stood silent for a while after Technician had spoken, a slightly distracted look on his face.

Then his eyes refocused and his attention was on the group, as he started to speak.

"Technician said it fairly well, the various mission failures were not the fault of any particular member of the group, nor the fault of the group as a whole.

If the mission failures were due to any error on your parts, rest assured that you would know about our displeasure in intimate detail, however mission failure due to forces beyond your control, are not something that is looked upon with displeasure, disappointment yes, but not displeasure, view it as a learning experience and move on.

With that said, as has been stated a few times now, the team is not acting as team, but as a group of individuals, which is something that needs addressing, while the council has several ideas on how to rectify this particular issue, we would like to know if the team had any of their own."

Guest bigballerju

Chris thought for a second about the question as he stood up.

" I believe you you should give us another mission with full details to make up for the past failures and prove we are a good team. Thats seems to be the only option I see."

Chris said this as he sat back down and waited to hear everyone else's thoughts.

Guest sirmethos

Technician stood up again "There is no real need to, as you say, rectify it. The fact that we are a team of individuals, rather than a team acting as a singular unit, does not remove the fact that we are in fact a team.

The method to rectify the recent string of failed missions, is simply to assign large scale missions. Missions that make use of the dynamics of our team, that would be difficult to complete for a more singularly unified team. I will draw attention to our mission in Spain, that we completed successfully.

We can keep doing training missions, in between real missions and recuperation periods, to further cement our team work as it is, so that we become even more fluent at using our unique team dynamics to its full effect. Since we are still not a unified team, acting as a single unit, after the time that has passed since the creation of this team, that seems to be the logical method of handling the situation."

he slowly looked around at his team mates, before focusing on Exodus again, "As long as the members of our team are willing to follow orders during missions and perform at their individual best, there is no reason to start changing something we have spent all this time building, and something that, as evident in our mission to Spain, clearly works."

Guest hamtaroblazex

Zoi raised both eyebrows, surprised once again at the technician's ability to analyze a problem and have an appropriate soultion to that problem. Heh, it is afterall..his name sake...Why isn't he leading us?! She then takes a quick, weary glance at Marcel. Marcel's not bad...but, Technician does have the better ability in managing a team...and Chris...-- Zoi sigh's at that thought. She then akes another breath before speaking.

"I agree with Techinicain's method, and I'm willing and able for said method." She then looks at the others, for their thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

Exodus stood silent for a few moments, a pensive look on his face, then his expression cleared and he started to speak.

"I see, very well then, a test has been set up for you, to see if this approach is the right one, and to give a new member a chance to get acquainted with the rest of you, while under pressure.

You will meet your newest member down by the training rooms, i wish you good luck."

He gave the group a brief nod, then walked out of the room, knowing that they already knew where the training rooms were located.

Guest Djgambrell

Van uncrossed his arms and looked to his fellow teammates. "Lets get to work." He said pensively before beginning to walk to the training room.

Guest bigballerju

Chris got up without a word and followed Van to the training room. He had too much on his mind at the moment.

Jack sat in a chair alone in some room. His one leg was moving a mile a minute. He stood up as heard people talking and walking down the hallway towards the room he was in. He was eager to meet other mutants and try to become part of the team.

Guest Djgambrell

Van walked forward first and extended a hand. "You must be the new member. Welcome. My name is Van."

Guest KevinDWolf93

Marcel gets up and follows behind silently. He wasn't very talkativ eeither, he would do his best but unless this new guy felt like being a team player, he wasn't sure if they could ull it together. Regardless he continues, wondering what the enw guy was capable of.

Guest bigballerju

Chris caught up to Van and the new guy as he looked at the new guy with amusement.

" Hey man nice to meet you I'm Chris"

Chris said to the new guy as he said hello and nodded to the man as a greeting. He hoped the new member of the team was capable of holding his own and brought some power to the team that could help them.

Jack was excited as the first people walked up to him. He was still nervous and his palms were a little sweaty as he extended his hand.

"Hi Van, I'm Jack. It's nice to meet you." he then turns to Chris "Hi Chris, I'm Jack nice to meet you." He then turns to the other guy in the room and introduces himself to him.

"This is all crazy and exciting. I'm happy to be here and I hope I can help the team out. I honestly just found out I was a mutant in a terrible way but, I guess I was meant to survive and do something with these powers I have. I promise that I'm going to do the best I can to help out in anyway!" Jack tried not to be so eager but he couldn't help himself.

"So, what are your guys' powers and what do I need to do?"

Guest Djgambrell

Van put his arm on Jack's shoulder. "Calm down. Wouldn't it be polite to tell us your powers before we tell you what to do?"

Guest KevinDWolf93

Marcel was rather suprised to see the kid was so enthusiastic. best treat this one good he thinks.

"Nice to meet you Jack. I'm Marcel" he says, waiting for him to stop shaking their hands. "And what Van said, the rest of the team will be up soon,w e can share when they get here so noone has to repeat themselvbes." he says, trying to be nice about it. "We're all going to be put in a...training assignment to work on teamwork. Anything else you need to be brought up to speed on?" he asks, giving a semi-smile.

Guest bigballerju

Chris nodded in agreement with Van.

"Van is right. Just chill man and tell us about yourself. We are all good people here."

Jack scratches the back of his head nervously as he thinks of what to say.

"Where to begin? Well, it was just a regular night at my house when I found out I was a mutant. Like I said before, I found out in a terrible way. My house exploded killing my family and it left me with barely a scratch. I ran to my friend's house, the only mutant I know, and he took me here to Genosha. I'm pretty strong, fast and durable. I hope that can help in anyway. I'm excited to push my powers to the limit. I haven't had the ability to test them that far yet." Jack finally stopped scratching the back of his head after he finished talking.

"If there is anything else you need to know or want me to show you something, let me know."Jack said with a smile

Guest Djgambrell

Jack scratches the back of his head nervously as he thinks of what to say.

"Where to begin? Well, it was just a regular night at my house when I found out I was a mutant. Like I said before, I found out in a terrible way. My house exploded killing my family and it left me with barely a scratch. I ran to my friend's house, the only mutant I know, and he took me here to Genosha. I'm pretty strong, fast and durable. I hope that can help in anyway. I'm excited to push my powers to the limit. I haven't had the ability to test them that far yet." Jack finally stopped scratching the back of his head after he finished talking.

"If there is anything else you need to know or want me to show you something, let me know."Jack said with a smile

Van smiled slyly looking at Marcel and Chris. He took a few steps in front of Jack and turned to him. His face turned serious before he spoke. "We'll have a quick test than. Hit me. Face or gut your choice. Don't worry its just a quick measurement. Don't hold back."