MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Tournament

Guest sirmethos

Guest sirmethos

This is how it goes:

Sign-up:

You make a strike team with 5 members, and designate who is the team leader.

Max power = Spider-Man(i will supremely decide whether your characters are too powerful or not).

The Tournament:

You and your opponent pm your battle plan to me. Once both of you have pm'd the battle plan, I create the match thread, where I post each of your battle plans in the first post. Then the debating commences between the two of you, on who's team wins.

Note: In matches against me, you and I will both pm our battle plans to a third party who will create the thread and post the plans.

Keep in mind:

1. It's a very bad idea to mix heroes and villains from the same universe. Since people keep their personalities, heroes and villains from the same universe would likely end up fighting each other, instead of the people on the other team. Example: you put both Wolverine and Sabretooth on your team, then once the fighting starts, those two will be duking it out. i.e. essentially leaving your team in a 3 on 5 fight.

2. Characters are true to their character. I.e. Batman doesn't kill. Putting someone like Batman on a team otherwise consisting of killers would be a bad idea.

Note: The Tournament will start, and the sign-up closed, once 7 people have joined(making it a tournament of 8 people including myself). So if you want to join, hurry up.

Everyone is, of course, allowed to make objections against any character on opposing teams, and all objections backed by reasonable arguments will be taken into consideration. All objections must be voiced before the start of the tournament.

Participants:

Marvel Man: Deathstroke, Taskmaster, Deadpool, Kenshiro, Karnak.

ThePhenomenalOne: Captain America, Wolverine, Spiderman, Nightcrawler, Mister Fantastic.

hellboy6: Red Robin, Black knight, Black Canary, Batman beyond, Moon knight.

SSGoku: Batman, Karate kid, Cyclops, Punisher, Scarlet Spider.

Hayesmeister5651: Nightwing, Spider-Man 2099, Deadshot, Pian Dao, Green Arrow

Bladephyre: Madison Jeffries, Multiple Man, Forge, Mystique, Shatterstar

sirmethos: Zealot(no magic), Backlash(Marc Slayton), Midnighter, Rose Tattoo, Nightcrawler(AoA).

killswitch7: Green Goblin, Solo, Shocker, Gambit, Beast.

Rules:

Before the beginning of each match, each participant pm's their initial battle plan to me, I will then create the match thread, including the battle plans for each team.

Each team has 30 minutes to plan before a match, this is where the initial plan for each match comes from.

Each team is, in their initial action, bound by the battle plan. I.e. If Hellboy and killswitch7 are fighting, and Hellboy's battle plan says that Black Canary attacks Solo with a sonic attack, then that is her first action, and she is vulnerable to any moves directly targeting her in killswitch7's battle plan. I will be posting in each match thread, the consequences of the battle plans, and the characters that each participant has remaining for the match.

Note: I will be making a post(at the end of this thread), showing what is known about all characters(some characters can know more than others of course, I will simply be posting the 'common knowledge'), I.e. while it is common knowledge that Wolverine has a Healing Factor, characters like Deadpool, Gambit, Cyclops, etc. have more knowledge about Wolverine than that.

First Match-Ups:

1. hellboy6 vs. SSGoku

2. Hayesmeister5651 vs. ThePhenomenalOne

3. Bladephyre vs. killswitch7

4. Marvel Man vs. Methos

Note: I'll send a pm to Marvel Man about who the two of us will be pm'ing our initial battle plans to.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sirmethos
So, max power is Spider Man? Does that also apply to speed?

Example: Would someone like Quicksilver be allowed in?

While generally, it is in terms of overall power level, certain extremes would not be allowed.

Quicksilver would be one of those extremes, because even though his overall power level is equal to, or lower than, Spider-Man's, his 'extreme' makes him pretty much unbeatable by people in that power level.

If I'm not explaining it well enough, or other things need explaining, just let me know.

Guest sirmethos
I see. Well, I'll switch him out:

Team Name: Marvel Man's Super Awesome Alpha Squad

Team Leader: Deathstroke

Taskmaster

Deadpool

Bane

Bullseye

Does this work?

Looks good :o

Guest sirmethos
Well....i'd like to get in on this.

Team name: Be Phenomenal

Team Leader: Captain America

Wolverine

Spiderman

Nightcrawler

Mister Fantastic

Hope these work :o

Looks good.

Guest sirmethos

My own team:

Team Leader: Zealot(no magic)

Backlash(Marc Slayton)

Midnighter

Rose Tattoo

Haven't decided on the last member of my team yet <.< but I'll have the last member added before we begin.

Guest sirmethos
Warblade

Aztek

Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

Booster Gold

Adam Strange

Aztek is too powerful, he's waaaay beyond Spider-Man level. So is Blue Beetle, and so is Booster Gold.

Warblade and Adam Strange are good though.

Guest God-Speed_88
Aztek is too powerful, he's waaaay beyond Spider-Man level. So is Blue Beetle, and so is Booster Gold.

Warblade and Adam Strange are good though.

Fair enough with Booster Gold, but why is Blue Beetle?

Also Aztek has only half the strength of Spidey, plus less reflex abilities.

Guest SSGoku

Damn, ThePhenomanelOne took all the good characters! Are we allowed to pick a few of the same characters? If not, my team is:

The super uber mega ultimately unbelievably outstanding team of awesome awesomness

Team leader: Batman

Karate kid

Cyclops

Punisher

Scarlet Spider

Guest sirmethos
Fair enough with Booster Gold, but why is Blue Beetle?

Also Aztek has only half the strength of Spidey, plus less reflex abilities.

Aztek is able to enhance his own speed and strength. He is capable of speeds matching that of people like Superman and Martian Manhunter, same goes for strength. One example of his speed, was running through the JLA Watchtower, disarming 12 nuclear warheads.(JLA #15)

As for Blue Beetle, as a baseline, he can create explosions big enough to level a city, create force fields that can tank a blast from a Sinestro Corps member, he is capable of Bleed Diving(essentially short time-jumps), just to mention a few things.

Guest sirmethos
Damn, ThePhenomanelOne took all the good characters! Are we allowed to pick a few of the same characters? If not, my team is:

The super uber mega ultimately unbelievably outstanding team of awesome awesomness

Team leader: Batman

Karate kid

Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)

Ozymandius

Scarlet Spider

Looks good.

Guest sirmethos
Actually, I'd like to change Ozymandius to Punisher if thats ok. I already editted the post.

Sure thing. Just keep in mind that a member of your team killing someone, will almost definitely cause infighting between the members of your team.

Guest Bladephyre
Sure thing. Just keep in mind that a member of your team killing someone, will almost definitely cause infighting between the members of your team.

Legion of Doom:

Leader: Dr. Doom

Madison Jefferies

Forge

Multiple Man

Tempo

Guest sirmethos
I'll give it a go

Leader: Nightwing

Spider-Man 2099

Master Chief

General Iroh

Green Arrow

General Iroh is one of the most powerful firebenders, he's definitely too powerful.

Not completely sure about the Master Chief(i'm doing some research on that), but the rest of them are good.

Legion of Doom:

Leader: Dr. Doom

Madison Jefferies

Forge

Multiple Man

Tempo

Dr. Doom is definitely too powerful, and Tempo falls under the same category as Quicksilver would.

The rest of them are good, but Madison Jefferies will not have the Box robot.

Keep in mind that everyone is allowed to change their characters at any point, up until the tournament starts.

Guest Hayesmeister5651
I'll give it a go

Leader: Nightwing

Spider-Man 2099

Master Chief

Pian Dao

Green Arrow

Here I changed Iroh to Pian Dao he is the best swordsman in the Avatar World, once taking down 100 Firenation soldiers at the same time.