X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

The New Secret Society Vs The Cosmic Avengers

Guest God-Speed_88

Guest sirmethos
This fight comes down to monarch and gladiator.

do you have trouble with your eyes? trouble reading? or are you ignoring large parts of posts on purpose?

it has been posted(several times now) how Gladiator is easily removed from the battle, by removing his confidence.

I believe marvel has more power were dc may have the strength.

Marvel has more power than DC? are we talking about the same DC? the company that generally overpowers their characters to the point of ridicules.

both Marvel and DC have some insanely powerful characters. however, for that majority, DC tends to go with characters that have an Obscene amount of power, but generally limits themselves on a day-to-day basis. like Captain Atom. or the Flash who is literally unbeatable in a purely physical fight.

Marvel on the other hand, tends to go with Moderately powerful, but with unlimited Potential, so that if their characters ever need more power for the purpose of a story, they just, somehow, tap into their potential. like the Hulk, who simply becomes more enraged when he needs to be stronger, or Silver Surfer who simply pulls more deeply from the Power Cosmic when the story needs him to be more powerful than his average showings, or Gladiator, who is simply as confident as the story needs him to be, so he can do whatever he has to for the sake of the plot.

however, 'potential' doesn't win any fights. unless the setup allows the terms that allow the characters to tap into their potential, Marvel characters are generally, not always, but as a general rule, less powerful than DC characters.

and like we see in this particular fight, the terms that allow for characters to tap into their potential, can be removed. removing confidence pretty much leaves Gladiator powerless. just like removing his anger leaves Hulk at a level where most super-powered DC characters could easily put him down.

But and that's a big but. I. Don't bhelievge black adam will beat anyone of the big four simply because if he is equal to super man or captain marvel

again with the trouble reading.

Black Adam is not equal to Superman or Captain Marvel. his Strength and Speed, is equal to that of Superman and Captain Marvel.

both Superman and Captain Marvel can be taken down by superior strength. Black Adam cannot(as proven when he fought Superboy-Prime, and SB-P was incapable of hurting him).

superman alone in this fight could only beat ronan! And have great trouble with beta ray bill

Superman is, in terms of Strength and Speed, equal to Thor. Beta Ray Bill is essentially a weaker version of Thor. while Superman would lose to Thor in most setups, he wouldn't have much trouble with the Thor-wannabe.

And if prime has a weakness to magic then beta ray will give him trouble as well!

Superboy-Prime has no weakness towards magic. that's why when he fought Black Adam, just like he was incapable of doing any damage to Adam, Adam was also incapable of doing any damage to him.

these fights are, for the most part, Not 'a matter of opinion'. it is simply a matter of looking at the facts on both sides.

'opinion' is Subjective. debating is, or at least Should be, Objective. if you are Subjective in a debate, then you have already made up your mind and you shouldn't participate in the debate in the first place.

currently, with the facts provided on both sides. the Marvel team is going to lose, unless they are extremely lucky. however, as i already told Bigballerju, i am willing to listen if anyone has any surprising facts i didn't know about, that would tilt the balance.

as with all debates, i am willing to be convinced, but only in the face of facts and logic.

so far, what you have shown me, is a fanboy with a tendency to wank Marvel. the only thing subjectivity is good for in a debate, is making yourself look like an idiot.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest xman4life
The two mangled words in bold already make me doubt your claims. I can kind of understand the typo of anyoneew, as that is easy to create if you type fast. Bhelievge is straining it. Considering you can check your spelling before you post and there are auto-correction programs enabled doesn't help your case much.

Also, traditionally, you should avoid using and/but at the start of sentences. They are conjunctions, meant to group sentences or thoughts together. Not to start a sentence. However, many writers nowadays do start sentences with and/but. So, I suppose I can overlook that.

Also, names like Adam, Bill and Ronan tend to be capitalized.

"I." can't be sentence.

"I believe marvel has more power were dc may have the strength." makes no sense. Some other nitpicky things I fixed and underlined.

I hope you remember this for later. Have a nice day! ;)

Lol I'm typing from my blackberry and I'm at work so I don't have time for spell check honestly. My screen that I type these things on is sooooooooo small I can barely see so that's why. But back to the fight at hand I am not the only person who thinks marvel side would win. These is two others compared to three dc so its tie. But since I type the most I get singled out but its quite ok thought no prob at all. But I sated my reasons and you guys stated yours but its still people rooting for marvel side so unless you think we are all dumb then its called difference of opinion

Lol I'm typing from my blackberry and I'm at work so I don't have time for spell check honestly. My screen that I type these things on is sooooooooo small I can barely see so that's why. But back to the fight at hand I am not the only person who thinks marvel side would win. These is two others compared to three dc so its tie. But since I type the most I get singled out but its quite ok thought no prob at all. But I sated my reasons and you guys stated yours but its still people rooting for marvel side so unless you think we are all dumb then its called difference of opinion

Yes, you are arguing from you opinion, not from any actual facts, and you seem incapable of actually researching the various characters to find out what their actual capabilities are.

Thus your opinion is completely irrelevant.

Opinions are like arse-holes, everybody has them, some are just more intolerable than others.

Guest bigballerju

Silver Surfer battles cosmic beings on a almost regular basis.

Surfer could literally take all of Monarch's power away from him to be honest. He could do the same to Superboy-Prime.

The cosmic power has unlimited abilities and is unlimited to whoeever has it.

Surfer has many ways he could finish off DC's team.

I'm sorry I like Marvel but if anybody is winning it for Marvel its Silver Surfer not Gladiator.

Gladiator at 100% has struggled in defeating Wonder Man, Quasar, and more.

Sirmethos is right Gladiator is someone whose confidence can be removed easily.

But him only and not the rest of the Marvel team.

The rest of the Marvel team would not be afraid of Sinestro and any one of them could defeat him.

Guest xman4life
Yes, you are arguing from you opinion, not from any actual facts, and you seem incapable of actually researching the various characters to find out what their actual capabilities are.

Thus your opinion is completely irrelevant.

Opinions are like arse-holes, everybody has them, some are just more intolerable than others.

Well I guess me and the two OTHER people are just slow then because they say the same things we I am so FOR EVERYONE ROOTING FOR MARVEL we are slow because he think marvel wins! There now everyone has to agree with dc. Since marvel can't win. U want to say we all can't read?

Silver Surfer battles cosmic beings on a almost regular basis.

Surfer could literally take all of Monarch's power away from him to be honest. He could do the same to Superboy-Prime.

The cosmic power has unlimited abilities and is unlimited to whoeever has it.

Surfer has many ways he could finish off DC's team.

I'm sorry I like Marvel but if anybody is winning it for Marvel its Silver Surfer not Gladiator.

Gladiator at 100% has struggled in defeating Wonder Man, Quasar, and more.

Sirmethos is right Gladiator is someone whose confidence can be removed easily.

But him only and not the rest of the Marvel team.

The rest of the Marvel team would not be afraid of Sinestro and any one of them could defeat him.

This is true but his power isn't infinite, its only a fraction of Galactus's. If he were to go up against someone of Galactus's caliber, and by that, I mean someone that was as powerful as Galactus could be, he'd be sorely defeated.

Monarch can very well do the same.

No, its not unlimited. Its a fraction of Galactus' power. True, the applications behind the Power Cosmic could be considered infinite but the amount he has isn't technically infinite.

DC team has many ways of finishing off Marvel's team just as well.

There is a different between 100% Gladiator and 100% Fully Confident Gladiator.

No, some members of the Marvel Team have fears just as well. Silver Surfer is afraid of losing his home planet, and by extension, his love Shalla-Bal, to Galactus. That's an example of what Sinestro can take advantage of with his fear powers.

I'm fairly certain that Richard Rider has fears.

Quasar certainly has fears from what I saw in Annihilation Conquest.

Bill, not so certain of.

Ronan the Accuser is the ruler of the Kree Empire and he most certainly doesn't want it to fall apart into chaos and discord. He also doesn't want the great Kree Empire to be destroyed. That's a fear for him.

Sinestro can easily hamper their abilities from the go and enable the more powerful members of his team to defeat them relatively quick.

Guest bigballerju

Thank you Jaeger you gave the best reason as to why Sinestro would help his team win. Now I can see how Dc would win from that.

Now let me ask you this.

Wouldn't it be very hard for Sinestro to bring out the fear of the whole Marvel team?

I mean he is dealing with powerful foes who can control there emotions and such like Silver Surfer.

Also I can't remember a time where the Silver was ever afraid of anything.

On Gladiator, I will say the only person to beat him was Thor who beat him when he was at 100% fully confident.

But I don't think it was the original Thor.

Guest force_echo

I've been called a SS wanker, SS is one of my favorite characters, and even I agree he has no chance in hell here.

Sirmethos, don't feed the trolls.

Guest sirmethos
Sirmethos, don't feed the trolls.

i don't. Trolls, i just ignore. however, most fanboys are like agitated monkeys, it's more fun to poke 'em and see what they do next. ;)

Guest xman4life
i don't. Trolls, i just ignore. however, most fanboys are like agitated monkeys, it's more fun to poke 'em and see what they do next. ;)

So in this fight if you don't agree dc wins your a fan boy? Riiiiiight and I'm ignorant even though I state reasons why EACH TIME. It not like a valid reason is given and I'm like so what. You say monarch is powerful I say yes but gladiator fully confident is almost invincible.

You say sinestro is powerful I say so is silver surfer

You say black adam is as strong as captain marvel and superman and I say quasar has no power limit.

So from what I can gather you hate opposition. That has to be it because I give reasons and counter arguments. But your going to be a asshole regardless so hey its whatever.

Lmao side note I notice its always the insecure people who have to lash out like simthos! Lol so stick with your opinion and I stick with mine but why get disrespectful about heroes? Lmao I bet you probably have a wonder woman blow up doll huh? No better yet power girl. Lol

Guest sirmethos
So in this fight if you don't agree dc wins your a fan boy? Riiiiiight and I'm ignorant even though I state reasons why EACH TIME. It not like a valid reason is given and I'm like so what. You say monarch is powerful I say yes but gladiator fully confident is almost invincible.

You say sinestro is powerful I say so is silver surfer

You say black adam is as strong as captain marvel and superman and I say quasar has no power limit.

So from what I can gather you hate opposition. That has to be it because I give reasons and counter arguments. But your going to be a asshole regardless so hey its whatever.

Lmao side note I notice its always the insecure people who have to lash out like simthos! Lol so stick with your opinion and I stick with mine but why get disrespectful about heroes? Lmao I bet you probably have a wonder woman blow up doll huh? No better yet power girl. Lol

no, actually i love opposition. if you ask anyone around cbub that actually knows me, they can tell you that the main reason i'm here, is for the debating.

that said:

1. you keep wanking Gladiators invincibility, despite the fact that it has also been proven how he would easily be removed from the fight, ie. Sinestro's Fear Induction. Fear removes Confidence, which removes Gladiators powers.

2. you keep wanking Quasars 'unlimited power', but i(and several others) have already stated how he can easily be taken out, ie. Superboy-Prime's unlimited energy absorbtion, which pretty much makes Quasar useless against him, and Monarchs ability to Absorb and Control unlimited amounts of energy, which not just makes Quasar useless against him, it makes him capable of removing Quasars power.

3. you keep wanking Silver Surfer, despite the fact that several people, even die hard Marvel fans like Force_Echo, have stated that he has no chance against Monarch. in terms of pure power, Monarch is simply more powerful and can counter anything the Surfer is capable of. and like with Quasar, he can remove the Surfers power.

what you have stated so far are, for the most part, not facts, but simply Subjective Opinions, which have no place in a debate.

as i have already said more than once now, if anyone can provide me with actual Facts, showing that the Marvel side will win, i'm more than willing to be convinced. However, once again, DC's tendency to ridiculously overpower their characters, will give give the New Secret Society the win.

in simple one on one matches, Marvel would have good odds in a lot of the fights.

Silver Surfer could win against Black Adam, Superboy-Prime, Sinestro, Zoom and Deathstroke.

Quasar could win against Black Adam, Sinestro, Zoom and Deathstroke.

Gladiator could win against Black Adam, Zoom and Deathstroke.

Beta Ray Bill could win against Deathstroke

Ronan could win against Deathstroke.

however, this fight is not a bunch of one on one fights, and as a team, the Cosmic Avengers doesn't have a chance of winning against the New Secret Society.

Guest bigballerju

Yeah were gone have to go with what sirmethos said to end this thread. Deathstroke isn't even a factor but yea.

Marvel would win it one on one.

DC wins it as a team.

Guest sirmethos
Cosmic Avengers.

current SS is no *vulgarity*ing joke.

we all know that Silver Surfer is not a joke, infact he's insanely powerful. he simply isn't powerful enough.