Killjoy: 2
The Leprechaun: 0

Rumble 20545 Team Fortress 2 vs. Inhumanoids
MATCH SCORE
Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

Match 20534 Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid

Chapter 26: In the Arms of a Thief

While bullets flew overhead, Helena Shaw the puzzle box fall on the floor in the middle of the gala. She smiled as she slid across the floor and grabbed a hold of the ancient box. Her dark brown eyes looked at area above her and she saw the intense battle that was taking place between two female assassins. With a devious smile, Helena slid the key box into her pocket and sprinted out with the rest of the panicking crowd. Despite the wealth that she accumulated after selling the piece of the Crown of Bethmoora to Lex Luthor, Helena saw an opportunity and she was not going to let his slip through her fingers. Once she was far enough away from the museum, the archeologist leaned against a brick wall in a dark alleyway. She reached down into her pocket and wrapped her fingers around the small object. Helena pulled out the small relic and looked over the object with delight. 

There were Egyptian markings carved into the octagonal box. From what little she knew of the ancient language; she was able decipher that this box was a key. After moving the octagonal puzzle, the top of the box opened. It formed into what appeared to be the shape of the sun. Helena was fascinated and intrigued by the possibilities of what this key would unlock. It did not take her long to realize that whatever those assassins were fighting over must have been what this key went to.  Helena reset the puzzle box and slid it back into her pocket. She sighed while leaning against the wall. While the box itself would sell for a nice sum on the black market, it would not sell as much as the entire set. Helena knew she could not go back and retrieve the rest of the items safely. She thought about it for a moment and grinned. Helena was already well off after selling the piece of the crown to Luthor. She realized that she did not need the full set to make a decent profit from selling this puzzle box. 

It was not long until Helena heard the multitude of emergency vehicles in the distance. She peaked out from around the corner and glanced out at the direction of the museum. There was still panic in the surrounding crowds. The young adventurer slipped off into the shadows and ran away from the chaos as fast as she could. Her hotel villa was not far from there. After returning to the hotel, she was immediately greeted by the hotel staff u der the false identity that she provided to them when she had checked in. With a grin, she returned the greetings and immediately headed up to her villa. When the elevator doors opened, she looked around her villa and let out a sigh of relief. The adventurer reached into her pocket once again to pull out the puzzle box. She looked over the artifact and then glanced over at a bottle of wine that she had sitting on a counter. 

With a large grin, she sat down the puzzle box and snatched up the bottle of wine. Helena glanced over at the different glasses sitting in the cabinet but scoffed as she shook her head. She decided that she did not need a glass while walking over toward a recliner. The adventurer sat back in the recliner and popped off the cork at the top of the bottle. She took a large sip from the bottle and leaned back in the seat. Helena closed her eyes and felt relaxed while drinking the bottle of wine. Her mind went back to those old sayings that she heard from Indy as a child. "Fortune and glory..." She obtained the fortune and now she wanted the glory. While the puzzle box was a small piece to history, she figured it would be a fine addition to someone else's collection. While thinking over the words that her godfather once said, she then thought about what Indy would do if he were there. The gruff old man that she remembered would probably want the small artifact put away in a museum that would collect dust until the end of time. She then remembered the crown piece of Bethmoora that she had sold to that mysterious man on the boat. 

While she had regrets about what she had done, the man paid her more than she could ever imagine. Despite the payment that she received, there was a lingering feeling in her chest. It was as if she had made a grave mistake in selling that crown piece. Since that fateful day, it seemed as if she heard multiple voices in her head. They were the voices of her father and Indiana telling her that she made a mistake. The voices urged her to do what was right. While she dismissed these voices as her imagination running rampant, she did often think about what they would do in that day and age. Helena took another large sip of wine before glancing back at the puzzle piece on the counter. Helena groaned as she leaned forward in her recliner. For many years, the adventurer always sought to obtain fortune. Now that she had it, she did not feel complete. She thought about the adventure that she shared with her godfather and how they fulfilled her father's dream. In that moment, she felt conflicted. 

Helena looked down at the bottle of wine and then sat it down on a table next to the recliner. Her eyes lids were growing heavy while she kept hearing Indy's voice talking in her ear. The young woman stood up and sauntered to her bed. She fell down on the mattress and laid there for a moment. While staring up at the ceiling, she thought about the regret that she had in selling that crown piece to Lex Luthor. There was a part of her that felt something was off with the billionaire. As she laid there thinking, she thought about what Indy would do. She almost chuckled once she realized Indy would probably try and go after the crown piece but Helena realized that would be impossible. There was no way of finding the billionaire, let alone what he had done with the crown piece. She then thought about the puzzle box. Helena groaned while coming to the conclusion that she could take the puzzle box to the proper authorities. She leaned over and stared at the box in the counter before drifting off to sleep.

Meanwhile,

After delivering the ancient books to the Mistress of Evil, Mercy Graves watched while Maleficent looked over the artifacts. While Luthor's assistant was expecting her to be overjoyed by the successful mission, she found herself surprised when the Dark Fairy screamed in a burning rage. Maleficent threw down the case with the ancient books and turned her attention to Mercy. Mercy staggered back and looked down at the case. She then quickly looked back up at the Mistress of Evil.

"The books were retrieved. What is the issue?" Mercy asked as confidently as she could.

"Where is the key to open the books?!" Maleficent cried out while glaring at Luthor's assistant.

Mercy looked down at the case and realized that the puzzle box must have fallen out while Jessica Priest and Fox were fighting. Luthor's assistant let out a calm and steady breath while slowly turning her attention back to the Dark Fairy.

"It will be fine. The box must have fallen out at the museum. I can send someone to retrieve it." Mercy said with a stern expression.

"That will not be necessary." Maleficent replied while walking around the room.

"While your employer and that Thrawn have been searching for candidates to join their little team, I have also been searching for recruits. I found one that may not bring much attention to herself. I will send her to retrieve the box." Maleficent said with a scowl.

"Very well. What do you need from me?" Mercy asked.

"Nothing from you." Maleficent hissed.

After Mercy Graves left, the Mistress of Evil glared down at the ancient books. While chanting words under her breath, a green smoke started to pour out from her staff. The room around her filled with this green haze as the words that she was chanting grew louder. Maleficent soon found herself in a new location. She could hear sounds from the next room. The Mistress of Evil slowly sauntered toward the sound in the next room. Her devilish eyes peered onto a blonde woman that was doing a tennis work out from a screen in the room. A scowl formed over the Dark Fairy's face as she watched over the young blonde woman. It was not long until the young blonde woman quickly lunged toward a pistol that was laying on a countertop. She pointed it at the Mistress of Evil. Maleficent's scowl turned to a fiendish smile as she circled around the young woman. 

"What are you doing here, Maleficent?" Lori asked as her pistol was still pointing at the Dark Fairy.

"I have something that I need you to acquire for me." Maleficent replied. 

"What is it?" Lori asked.

"A puzzle box." Maleficent replied as she stepped closer toward the young woman. 

"Get it yourself!" Lori snapped while laying down the pistol.

"I need someone that can get it done discreetly." Maleficent said while standing over the young woman.

"What is in it for me?" Lori asked.

"I can make it well worth your time. If you are successful, then you will have the opportunity to join a team that is being put together by my associates." Maleficent replied with a sinister smile.

"What kind a team?" Lori asked while reaching for a towel to wipe off the sweat from her face.

"Complete the job that I have for you, then I will give you more information about that team." Maleficent replied. 

"Where is this puzzle box that you want so bad?" Lori asked.

"It's in London. I have learned that it was taken by a thief that stole something else from me a while back. I want her dead!" Maleficent growled. 

"I'll get back your little box and I will make short work of your little thief too." Lori said with a smile. "Just make sure that it is well worth my time."

"See it through. I don't want to have to make an example of you like I did with Ms. Braddock." Maleficent hissed.

A look of concern fell over Lori's face as Maleficent disappeared in a flash of green smoke. She stood quietly for a moment while wiping the sweat from her face once again. The assassin soon walked over to a desk that she had in her room. After opening a drawer, she took out passports and gear that felt she would need on this assignment. The assassin made arrangements to travel to London. Maleficent had left information about her target, and Lori studied the information while getting her transportation lined up. She grinned once she realized that her target was a female archeologist from the past. Lori figured it would be an easy assignment. After arriving at the hotel where the target was staying at, Lori was able to charm her way into obtaining access to the upper villa. She manipulated the hotel staff and found herself in the elevator. 

Meanwhile, 

Helena had a dream of her father and Indy the previous night. In the dream, they pleaded with her to do what was right rather than chasing after additional fortune. Once she awoke, she bit down on her lip and thought about the adventure that she shared with her godfather once again. She glanced over at the puzzle box that was laying on the counter and groaned. She pushed herself out of the bed and walked over to the puzzle box. She reached down and scooped it off the counter. "Damnit Indy." She muttered under her breath once she realized that she had to do what was right. Helena got herself ready for the day. Once she was dressed, she slipped the puzzle box into her pocket. She realized that there may be other interested parties that would be after this relic. The adventurer sauntered over to one of her travel cases and leaned down. She took out a pistol and a small container of pepper spray. Helena looked over the gear and smiled. While she hoped she would not run into any trouble, she wanted to be prepared.

She suddenly heard the sound of the elevator door opening up. The adventurer thought it was strange as she did not order any room service that morning. In the corner of her eyes, Helena saw a blonde, curly haired woman entering her villa. Helena quickly ran behind one of the lower cabinets in the room. She took out her pistol and listened as the woman walked deeper into the room.

"Funny, I didn't order any room service." Helena joked while trying to find the right opportunity to escape.

"Don't even try to escape. If you come out now, I'll make it quick." Lori muttered while searching for her target.

"Not interested." Helena replied.

"Well, don't say I didn't try. At least I got to come to London for this assignment. You may be one of the easiest jobs that I've ever had!" Lori joked while pulling out her pistol.

"I wouldn't count on it!" Helena laughed as she reached up to grab the bottle of wine.

The battle takes place in a hotel villa. Helena can either fight or try to escape. Lori needs to kill Helena and obtain a small ancient puzzle box.

Helena is armed with a pistol and a small container of pepper spray. She also had a large glass bottle of wine.

Lori has a pistol and knife. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Pizza Guy
4.70 - JohnnyChany

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
9.70 Total Combined Score
9.70 / 2 = 4.85 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3