Rumble 20545 Team Fortress 2 vs. Inhumanoids
MATCH SCORE
Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

Match 20435 Chaos (Disney's Aladdin) vs. Discord

The Green Death – (Interlude) – THE CBUB FANTASY SEASON 13 CROSSOVER

Continued from: 

---------------------------------------------------

When the apocalypse came, it came not from the skies or with a ranging fire as was prophesied. It came instead invisibly, transmitting from person to person, without any symptoms and without any pain until it was too late. The Green Death they called it; after the gentle hue of the skin of the infected, and our greatest minds could do nothing to stop or even slow it. 

Every mammal was infected, even the aliens. Human, Kryptonian, Amazonian, Asguardian or Mutant; they all fell. It spread quicker that we could have anticipated, seeming to transmit as quickly by water as it could by air or touch. Our leaders and heroes were gone before we even knew there was a danger, and the world seemed to turn on itself. Countries blamed each other, or pointed the finger at outsiders and what the virus had not ravaged, we destroyed ourselves. Nukes, lasers, and energy blasts levelled cities, and the skies burned red with the fires of destruction. 

And just when we thought it couldn't get any worse, it did. The Green Death wasn't finished with us yet. From the mass graveyards and condemned houses, the dead rose once again. They shuffled, walked and ran, driven by a primordial need to consume flesh. Mindlessly they hunted us down and dragged us kicking and screaming out of our hiding places and ripped us to shreds. 

About one in a one thousand of us was immune, and we banded together in small groups to see out this apocalypse. In the ruined husks of our great cities, we run, hide, forage, and die. This is our life now. 

Extracts from the diary of Kyle Hawthorne

Most of us died in those first few years, but those that didn’t never put the trauma behind us. It lives with us every day as we hide in shelters across the world, daring only to venture out when the need for food, water or other essentials drives us to.

We may never know why we few were spared when the very gods and heroes themselves were struck down, but we were. That must mean something doesn’t it?  Maybe not, who knows!

All I know is that I survive, I “live” – ha! If you can call it “living”, in this nightmarish world and I carry on.  I’ve seen loved ones torn to shreds; I’ve seen heroes rise and defend the vulnerable; and I’ve seen death everywhere. And somehow – I survived.

My latest brush with death was in an old, abandoned mansion, when a British man (sorcerer?) tried to drain the life from me to reach out to what he described as the cause of the Green Death. The Doctor arrived just in time and saved me, but not without severe damage to his Tardis.

“I’m stuck here with you now” he had said sadly, then had smiled and winked and gone looking for some food.

We made progress in those first few months, strengthening the mansion and turning it into a good base of operations. In time, a few more survivors joined us, finding their way through the madness.

The Doctor built walls with gadgets in them around the mansion, using whatever spare equipment he could salvage. We went on missions to find random parts for him, to “keep those wee beasties out!” as he’d shout happily as he built more and more elaborate contraptions.

But keep them out those inventions did.

When a turned Namora had arrived at our gates, her dried up skin the putrid green of the life ending disease of our land, the mansion defences has flared to life and in an instant, she had disappeared with a snarl on her lips.

“I’ve sent her to the North Pole” the Doctor had laughed as he checked his sonic screwdriver. “Anyone who’s infected that comes close enough will be sent to a random place far away. Hopefully to find a better life, just not near us!”.

I’d almost like to call those good days, but it’s all relative isn’t it. They were tough days, for certain, but nothing compared to the terror filled existence we’d had before the Doctor and his mansion. There were nearly 60 of us at this point, all living in the expansive mansion hidden behind the Doctor’s technology.  

We even got back the internet! He managed to link the remnants of the Tardis into the remaining satellites and gave us back a world that we had all thought lost. Photos of busy cities, songs by our favourite artists, even emails from our long dead loved ones – suddenly we had a link to the past. I cried for nearly a week solid as I went through the pictures I could find online of my old life, of my old family.

-----

Then one of the survivors, I don’t even remember his name, had a turn at the computer and it all went wrong.

He described it as “CBUB” or “Magnetic Ferret” – something we’d never heard of. But it had been his passion before the fall of the world, so we listened to his tales of epic fan-written clashes between the heroes and villains we had known.

Some of us tried to tell him to stop, especially those whose loved ones had fallen victim to the undead super powered beings who had succumbed to the Green Death. I had barely survived encounters with them myself, having run from the hunger of Killer Shark and a zombified Spiderman and the devastation of Brainiac.

I tried not to judge as he rambled on, and showed anyone who was willing (which wasn’t many people) this website, but I did notice the Doctor looking at him thoughtfully.

But finally, one of the group had had enough.

Jake was a young man from LA, and had lost his brother when an undead Flash had torn through the city. Ten thousand lives had been lost in about ten minutes, all before anyone even knew what was happening.

He had pushed the CBUB fan, shouting at him to stop talking about these monsters who had caused so much pain.

But the guy just didn’t get it – he shouted back, giving as good as he took, about how great it had been. There had even been a competition, a great challenge where they got to choose a bunch of characters who were then matched off in hilarious scenarios. There had been the Wishmaster in a costume contest against Robot Santa Claus, the Doctor (here he pointed at the Doctor, who I noticed was now looking uncomfortable) in an invention competition against the Unstoppable Wasp, Drizzt the elf had hunted Discord the spirit of chaos, and even a Terminator had hunted the god Chaos but only with ACME products!

He had laughed at this point, his excitement coming through.

“STOP!” shouted the Doctor suddenly, silencing both him and Jake who had been about to retort.

“You must stop – those beings you are talking about, it’s all making sense now!”

I asked the Doctor what he was talking about, and he turned to me as he held up his sonic screwdriver.

“Those beings, Chaos and Discord, they are real somewhere. There is a void that exists between parallel universes that normally keeps things nice and separate. It’s a dark empty space that is filled with nothingness, no matter, energy or time and no life can survive there. Except beings who are so powerful that they can ignore the laws of physics and time entirely.”

The sonic screwdriver was now emitting a loud whirling noise and the Doctor was spinning as he spoke.

“Those creatures you were talking about don’t just thrive on chaos, they EMBODY it. And this world has gone through so much chaos over the last few years with the Green Death that it is literally covered in it. Chaos Matter? Cosmic Conundrums?  Wibbly-wobbly wonders? I don’t know what to call it, but it is overflowing with the stuff.

And when you write or talk about those creatures, in a place like this – they take notice!”

---

Suddenly the earth shook as something seemed to compress the very air around us. Rifts formed in the sky and impossible patterns seems to swirl all around us.

Laughter filled the air as a cat-like being appeared, his eyes spinning in a mesmerising yellowish display. Next to him, with a chuckle, appeared a draconic figure who immediately started changing shape.

They looked at each other and both instantly recognised the other from an unspoken knowledge that only such powerful beings have. Communication went between them, and it was only when the Doctor adjusted his screwdriver that we could make out their words.  

Chaos, inclining his head slightly, a gesture of acknowledgment and challenge, stated, "Let us then weave a tapestry of turmoil that this world will never forget."

Discord, with a grin that split the air itself, replied, "Oh, I do love a good challenge. Let the games begin, and may the best embodiment of chaos win."

They both looked down at us and said “Begone”.

Immediately the Doctor’s defences turned on us instead of those infected by the Green Death, and we were all transported to separate locations far across the world.

----

If you find this diary, I am making my way across the border into the US. If you were one of the mansion survivors, know that I am looking for the Doctor. Look for him as well, and if we find him, we will rebuild the community as it was and hopefully return back to those happier days once again.

Good luck.  

Summary

Discord and Choas, in a competition of pure chaos. They can do anything to win – even if it means killing the other. The rules are anything they want them to be.

Nice to see Chaos and Discord put against each other in a match.

I give the setup a 5.0. 

• Thanks 1

Well, somebody was inspired by the Draft. :D Great and wacky set-up, Culwych. Very interesting story that combines dystopia and chaos (no pun intended on the latter, lol). 

As for the match, head-to-head, Discord may be more inclined to cause chaos for the hell of it, but unlike Aladdin's Chaos, I believe Discord has shown weaknesses. I'm thinking Chaos the cat comes out on top here. 

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Venom 2009
4.90 - DSkillz
5.00 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.90 Total Combined Score
14.90 / 3 = 4.97 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Chaos (Disney's Aladdin): 2