Rumble 20545 Team Fortress 2 vs. Inhumanoids
MATCH SCORE
Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

Tournament - Juggernaut vs. Mr. Incredible
MATCH SCORE
Juggernaut: 10
Mr. Incredible: 0

Match 20378 Zuo Ci vs. Oswald (King of Fighters)

image.jpeg.adbb858e636c0a8abebad8a1b7a7e539.jpeg

Five men, representing a wide array of ages, sat around a poker table playing Texas Hold ‘Em. Only one of them knew for sure why they were all there. The other four were drawn in by a mix of curiosity and suspicion, even if they all didn’t fully understand the game. The chip leader was also the current dealer, Remy Lebeau, Gambit of the X-Men. The legendary magician from the Three Kingdoms period of Ancient China, Zuo Ci, currently had the second largest stack and sat to Gambit’s left. He looked around with serene confidence as he pushed in his small blind. Next to Zuo Ci sat the second youngest player at the table and also the player with the second smallest amount of chips remaining in front of him, Ace, a member of Class Zero of Akademia. The magic academy located in the Dominion of Rubrum had taught the young cadet well enough to be wary of his competitors in this seemingly friendly game, but unfortunately not much about the game itself. Ace briefly hesitated before pushing in his big blind, frustrated by the sight of his dwindling chip stacks. Completing the table were Yugi Muto and Oswald. Yugi Muto, the earnest Duel Monsters enthusiast, was the youngest person in the game and clearly the worst poker player. Oswald, the retired assassin, was doing okay for himself thus far in the game but his main focus was on both Gambit and Zuo Ci. He adjusted his crimson colored spectacles as Gambit dealt out the cards with a stylish flick of the wrist. Everyone looked at their cards and the game came to an awkward pause as all eyes turned to Yugi.

“It’s your turn, mon ami,” said Gambit. “Check or bet?”

Yugi fidgeted with his cards momentarily and then slammed one face down on the table. “I play the Jack of Hearts!!”

Ace rolled his eyes and Zuo Ci politely chuckled.

“For the last time you can’t do that,” Oswald scolded.

“Oh sorry,” replied Yugi. “In that case, I fold.”

“You’re not supposed to do that either.” Oswald turned his attention to Gambit. “Why is this boy here? He clearly shouldn’t be here.”

“Hey, this game has a lot of different rules that I’m not used to, that’s all,” Yugi insisted.

“Perhaps this just isn’t the game for you, young Muto,” stated Zuo Ci.

Ace spoke up. “I think the old guy with the short hair is onto something. Why is he here? Why are any of us really here for that matter? I can’t think of anything that we have in common.”

Gambit leaned back in his chair. “Not looking closely enough.”

“We all use a deck of cards to fight with,” Zuo Ci informed, showing off his ageless wisdom and observation.

“Dere it is,” Gambit confirmed with a knowing smirk.

“Although I have not figured out yet how that relates to us playing an actual card game. Especially this one,” Zuo Ci admitted.

Gambit shrugged. “I was curious what kind of poker players you all were. I’m a little disappointed in dat kid in the uniform.”

Ace took offense.

“Why are we really here, cajun?” Oswald inquired.

“To find out who the best card fighter is, of course,” Gambit replied.

Zuo Ci massaged his beard. “Intriguing.”

Yugi's eyes widened. “What? You expect us to fight?”

“I’m no one’s circus monkey,” said Ace.

“No need to get defensive, if it’s all in good fun. We could all use the extra training against some unorthodox opposition, no?”

Ace considered this.

“There are an odd number of us here, how would it work out?” Zuo Ci questioned.

“You four would pair off, the winners would square off, and the last one standing would fight me,” Gambit declared.

“What makes you the final boss?” asked Oswald.

“Cause it’s my idea, my tournament, mon ami.”

“Who goes first?” Ace wondered.

“I say we let the two most experienced amongst us start us off,” suggested Gambit.

“I am so curious how this will all go down. I will even add a prize of my own.” Zuo Ci turned his attention to Oswald. “If you can defeat me I will tell you how to get those elusive Dragon Pills you have been searching for.”

“How did you…” Oswald cut himself off and then knifed through the air with his palms as he prepared to fight. “Forget it. I don’t want to know.”

A deck of large cards suddenly swirled around Zuo Ci. “Let’s begin.”

Good set-up, Johnny. This kinda looks like a mini-arc with card fighters. 

As for the match, this Zuo Ci seems to rarely even engage in battle, and favors using his magic to either ward off attacks, teleport, or otherwise play keep-away. I'm not sure Oswald would really even be able to hurt him, but Zuo Ci seems to have another purpose in mind for him. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Boratz
4.00 - Pizzaguy2995
4.60 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
13.60 Total Combined Score
13.60 / 3 = 4.53 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Zuo Ci: 4
Oswald (King of Fighters): 1