Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

13:18 - The Djinn vs. Belsnickel

SEASON 13, ROUND 18

The Djinn

Slot: The Team's Horror Icon
Season Wins: 4
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Djinn at Wikipedia
Official Site: Lion Gates Films

Belsnickel

Slot: The Team's Christmas Themed Character
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 3
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Belsnickel at Wikipedia
Official Site: Public Domain

Battle Terrain
Christmas Vs. Halloween: Role Reversal

Could Belsnickel try and make people's wishes come true in horrible ways, absolutely. 

Could the Djinn, a being from another realm obsessed with freeing his brethren so they can destroy making hand out candy and cakes to good little children with a smile on his face - nope. 

Let's remember that the Djinn is pretty good with disguises. He could easily disguise himself as Belsnickel long enough to fool children into wishing for presents. 

Meanwhile, while Belsnickel can be harsh with his punishments to bad kids, he would never cross the lines that the Djinn does. 

10 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Let's remember that the Djinn is pretty good with disguises. He could easily disguise himself as Belsnickel long enough to fool children into wishing for presents. 

Meanwhile, while Belsnickel can be harsh with his punishments to bad kids, he would never cross the lines that the Djinn does. 

I think we need to be careful with assuming character of a contestant and the challenge. Naturally neither of these would do what the other does - the Djinn would never give candy and cakes to kids and, agreed, Belsnickel would never normally kills kids. For the purpose of this, I'm assuming both would at least attempt the others challenge, even if out of character.

The key here is can they. And my view is yes, Belsnickely has the capacity to go round to different people and when they make a wish, he could grant it in an evil way, perhaps putting them in a precarious position that results in their death. The Djinn however doesn't have the capacity to go to thousands of households in one night, with an unlimited amount of candy and cake and give them to kids. 

1 hour ago, Culwych1 said:

I think we need to be careful with assuming character of a contestant and the challenge. Naturally neither of these would do what the other does - the Djinn would never give candy and cakes to kids and, agreed, Belsnickel would never normally kills kids. For the purpose of this, I'm assuming both would at least attempt the others challenge, even if out of character.

Character doesn't necessarily have to factor into this. The Djinn actually would grant the kids goodies if they wish it so. Granted, it would be horribly corrupted like being lined with poison, booby-trapped with a bomb or a portal to hell, etc., but he could definitely fulfill that task.  

1 hour ago, Culwych1 said:

The Djinn however doesn't have the capacity to go to thousands of households in one night, with an unlimited amount of candy and cake and give them to kids.

Again, he actually does if someone wishes it so. In fact, it may bring him that much closer to freeing his fellow Djinn onto the Earth. 

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

Character doesn't necessarily have to factor into this. The Djinn actually would grant the kids goodies if they wish it so. Granted, it would be horribly corrupted like being lined with poison, booby-trapped with a bomb or a portal to hell, etc., but he could definitely fulfill that task.  

Again, he actually does if someone wishes it so. In fact, it may bring him that much closer to freeing his fellow Djinn onto the Earth. 

But granting wishes is not walking a mile in Belsnickel's shoes - it is sticking in his own shoes and hoping for the best.

To walk a mile in Belsnickel's shoes he'd have to travel around the world in one night visiting thousands of kids and handing out cake and candy (or a quick lash if they'd be naughty).

The Djinn wouldn't even have the capacity as far as I'm aware of determining which kid had been naughty and which one had been nice. It would be absolute chaos, and at best he'd get through a dozen kids.

You know, as I think about it, character would likely factor in heavily for Belsnickel whether or not his conscience turns. Doesn't he travel alongside Santa to help determine good kids from bad in some older stories? If that's the case, the moment Belsnickel tries to go further than his normal lashing of the kids, Santa would terminate him on the spot and strip him of his powers. 

12 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

But granting wishes is not walking a mile in Belsnickel's shoes - it is sticking in his own shoes and hoping for the best.

To walk a mile in Belsnickel's shoes he'd have to travel around the world in one night visiting thousands of kids and handing out cake and candy (or a quick lash if they'd be naughty).

The Djinn wouldn't even have the capacity as far as I'm aware of determining which kid had been naughty and which one had been nice. It would be absolute chaos, and at best he'd get through a dozen kids.

The Djinn could also convince someone to ask him to fulfill Belsnickel's duties to their full capacity. He likely has the power to visit multiple targets simultaneously or even alter time so that he could visit all those kids in one night. Of course, he'd still give the good kids deadly treats and kill the bad kids, but he'd still technically be able to fulfill the duties of a Belsnickel, and with no immediate repercussions, unlike some tales say for the Belsnickel. 

21 hours ago, DSkillz said:

You know, as I think about it, character would likely factor in heavily for Belsnickel whether or not his conscience turns. Doesn't he travel alongside Santa to help determine good kids from bad in some older stories? If that's the case, the moment Belsnickel tries to go further than his normal lashing of the kids, Santa would terminate him on the spot and strip him of his powers. 

The Djinn could also convince someone to ask him to fulfill Belsnickel's duties to their full capacity. He likely has the power to visit multiple targets simultaneously or even alter time so that he could visit all those kids in one night. Of course, he'd still give the good kids deadly treats and kill the bad kids, but he'd still technically be able to fulfill the duties of a Belsnickel, and with no immediate repercussions, unlike some tales say for the Belsnickel. 

I'll pick that last part up for now... so the argument here is that the way the Djinn can win this is that he, the granter of the wish, has to convince someone, a person with access to an unlimited magic wish, to wish for him, the Djinn, to play the part of Belsnickel...

Yikes. 😁

12 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

I'll pick that last part up for now... so the argument here is that the way the Djinn can win this is that he, the granter of the wish, has to convince someone, a person with access to an unlimited magic wish, to wish for him, the Djinn, to play the part of Belsnickel...

Yikes. 😁

Sure. :D 

And he wouldn't be in his true form to do that convincing, either. As mentioned, he'd do in in the form of a normal, everyday person.