Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

Tournament - Juggernaut vs. Mr. Incredible
MATCH SCORE
Juggernaut: 10
Mr. Incredible: 0

Match 20328 Macbeth (Gargoyles) vs. Arthur King

image.jpeg.bf96803f2cb98175dc761bcb884e3581.jpeg

A storm raged outside Macbeth's estate on the outskirts of New York City. Lightning flashed across the sky. Macbeth, adorned in his leather armor and his black cloak that reached down to his ankles,  stood by the fireplace. He heard the sound of someone approaching him in between the cracks of thunder. He quickly grabbed for his lightning gun and aimed it at the shadowy figure approaching from the window.  He relaxed once he recognized the silhouette.

“A gargoyle?” He scoffed. “I thought I might be in trouble.”

As the gargoyle walked closer, the flames of the fireplace illuminated him and revealed him to be the London based gargoyle, Griff. Macbeth recalled encountering him during his confrontation with King Arthur the year prior.

“It’s you. What are you doing here?” asked Macbeth. “Does that mean that Arthur is also….”

“Yes,” answered a voice. The legendary King Arthur emerged from behind the muscular gargoyle and into the soft glow from the fireplace.

“What are you doing here? Why are you infiltrating my home in the middle of the night?” Macbeth questioned.

“I am in great need of your assistance,” replied King Arthur. “When we last parted you said that if I ever needed you to stand by my side, that you would come. That time is now.”

“What has happened?”

“My greatest ally and closest friend has been turned against me,” informed Arthur. “Merlin. Those dastardly Weird Sisters have put a hex on him and he has now doing their bidding and hunting me down.”

Macbeth’s interest was immediately piqued by the mention of the Weird Sisters. He was stunned that the most famous sorcerer of all time could be controlled, but he was also not surprised by anything pulled off by the Weird Sisters at this point.

“They seek vengeance for the battle on Avalon that woke me up,” stated Arthur.

Griff piped in. “We first went searching for Goliath and his clan, but we could not find them, then his majesty remembered the pact that you two made and your long history with sorcery.”

“If there is a man in this world who might be able to break the spell of the Weird Sisters, it would be you,” Arthur declared.

Macbeth smiled. “I am a man of my word, and if it involves getting some payback against the Weird Sisters, even better.”

After proclaiming his intention to help King Arthur and Griff, Macbeth warned them about the danger of a direct attack against the Weird Sisters, which would most certainly be part of their plan, and urged that they use some time to strategize the best approach that would also ensure the rescue of Merlin.

Meanwhile, on Avalon, the Weird Sisters, Selene, Phoebe, and Luna, daughters of Oberon, reveled in their successful mystical manipulation of Merlin.

“Once a mighty sorcerer, now merely our puppet,” said the golden haired sister, Phoebe. “We can use him as bait to lure the former sleeping king back to us.”

The black haired sister, Selene, clenched her fists. “I would rather use him as an instrument of vengeance against Arthur.”

“To do that we would have to know where Arthur has gone off to,” stated the silver haired sister, Luna. “I believe I have an idea.

The three sisters’ eyes glowed with otherworldly energy and they disappeared. They returned later that night having confirmed Luna’s suspicions. They appeared before a patiently waiting Merlin, eager to follow their command.

image.jpeg.db8606b8623315e18c6737b9f3439e08.jpeg

“Arthur has been found,” announced Phoebe.

“He stays with Macbeth in New York City,” added Luna.

“You need to take him down and bring him to us,” Selene commanded.

Merlin smiled with eyes clouded with magic. “A simple matter. I had an idea while you were away and I require the Round Table.”

“Of what use is that pointlessly symbolic piece of furniture?” Selene sneered.

“You will see. And you won’t be disappointed,” Merlin promised.

Phoebe nodded “Very well, we will fetch it. This better be good, sorcerer.”

Later, the Weird Sisters returned with the Round Table and placed it in the cave. 

“Now if you could find my crystal ball I could summon them,” said Merlin.

“I grow quickly tired of running your errands, who are you summoning with the crystal ball?” asked Seline.

“Arthur King and his football team. They live in the here and now. Hundreds of years ago I summoned them from this time to help out King Arthur after he had been kidnapped by his sister Morgana. With the assistance of my magical armor, they proved themselves to be mighty warriors,” Merlin explained. 

“Using a football team as warriors, you mortals devise the most bizarre strategies,” Luna observed.

“Nevertheless, you have our interest with this magical armor,” Phoebe added. “Your crystal ball is unnecessary. We shall find them and bring them here.”

As promised, the Weird Sisters returned with Arthur King and his football team, the Knights. After initially being discombobulated, they were more than happy to reunite with Merlin.

“Merlin? I never thought I would see you again,” Arthur King marveled. “Is everything ok? Are we back in the past?”

“No you are in the present. It is a long story but King Arthur again requires your help,” Merlin informed. 

Luna interjected. “Arthur has been kidnapped by someone far more sinister than Morgana. An ageless  immortal Scottish King named MacBeth. He is as cunning with his words as he is with his weapons and magic. Be careful how you engage him, he will try to confuse you.”

“Of course we will help out Arthur again,” the football captain pledged. “We will always jump at the opportunity to be heroes.”

“A warning, King Arthur may resist you at first,” said Phoebe. “There is no telling what type of curse Macbeth has put on him.”

“It is best to take him down and bring him back to Merlin so that he may free his mind from Macbeth’s control,” Seline instructed.

“Yes, that is best,” agreed Merlin.

Arthur King and the Knights were confused but put their faith in Merlin. They gathered around the Round Table and activated their magical armor and weapons.

The next day at Macbeth’s estate, Griff sought out Arthur and Macbeth after noticing a peculiar sight from his perch on the rooftop. “There are men in shiny armor with several different insignias riding horses toward your home, Macbeth. Is that normal?”

King Arthur looked out the window. “I can’t believe Merlin would drag them into this. Surely he must know I would not fight them. They once saved my life.”

“You won’t have to,” Macbeth said confidently. “Not with the security loaned to me by Xanatos.”

Macbeth pushed a button and several members of the Steel Clan, robots modeled after Goliath, emerged from the ground in front of the estate. The Steel Clan attacked Arthur King and the Knights of Justice. The two factions battled back and forth and Arthur King, in his golden armor, decided to go for higher ground. Once there he lifted his shield in the air unleashing the golden dragon inscribed on it. The dragon breathed fire on the Steel Clan and turned the tide of battle.

“That is my cue to step in,” declared Macbeth as he reached for his sword, his lightning guns and walked to his glider. “Griff, stay and protect Arthur, there may be other machinations Merlin and those witches have cooked up.”

Good match. I give the setup a 5.0.

Agree with Venom. 5/5 easily.

Sadly I am very unfamiliar with the animated show this Arthur is from so I cannot speak much on him. As a big fan of Gargoyles though I am heavy leaning towards MacBeth cause he was just such a badass guy. The fact that he’s immortal, has had centuries in fighting experience and can hold his own against creatures like Gargoyles (who can tear through steel beams like tissues) will make it hard for me to vote against him.

Another good set-up, Johnny. Glad I'm getting to this one on time. :) I vaguely remember seeing the title King Arthur and the Knights of Justice at some point, but likely not back in the day. Looks like it was probably a decent '90's show that acts more as an '80's toon: 

Judging from the episode, it looks like Arthur King is a good, creative fighter and leader that picks up on things pretty quickly. Macbeth has the experience edge, though, so toe-to-toe, Arthur may initially get in trouble unless he unleashes the Dragon of the Shield

Either way, though, both sides may sense something is amiss and stop fighting before things get too serious. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Boratz
5.00 - Pizzaguy2995
4.70 - DSkillz
5.00 - Venom 2009

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
19.70 Total Combined Score
19.70 / 4 = 4.92 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Macbeth (Gargoyles): 5