Slot: The Team's Artificial Intelligence
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Marvin the Paranoid Android at this Wiki
Official Site: Douglas Adams

Battle Terrain
Team A.I. Challenge: Armor Around the World

I’ll repost what I did on the other Marvin matches: Whenkidnapped by the bellicose Krikkit robots and tied to the interfaces of their intelligent war computer, Marvin simultaneously manages to plan the entire planet's military strategy, solve "all of the major mathematical, physical, chemical, biological, sociological, philosophical, etymological, meteorological and psychological problems of the Universe, except his own, three times over", and compose a number of lullabies.

Marvin is strong here.

13 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

I’ll repost what I did on the other Marvin matches: Whenkidnapped by the bellicose Krikkit robots and tied to the interfaces of their intelligent war computer, Marvin simultaneously manages to plan the entire planet's military strategy, solve "all of the major mathematical, physical, chemical, biological, sociological, philosophical, etymological, meteorological and psychological problems of the Universe, except his own, three times over", and compose a number of lullabies.

Marvin is strong here.

He is strong - but again I feel the need to comment on AM. It literally wiped out humanity, and evolved to the point where it was able to warp the world into anything it wanted as well as make humans immortal. It can even create lifelike beings and monsters. Neither character is exactly the poster boy for mental health, but AMs powers are formidable and even godlike, which should give it a fighting chance in this match.

I think Marvin is much more straightforward in how he has “created a suit of armor.” AM wiped out humanity and then went into manipulating them. There’s not really evidence that he could shield everyone. Marvin has specifically accomplished the setup.

Didn't AM basically fail in this challenge in its own story? Like the goal of it was to do pretty much the challenge and it instead decided to wipe everyone out. Again, I always say they should be properly motivated to win, but AM had this challenge in its story with as much motivation as it ever has and decided to kill everyone

3 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Didn't AM basically fail in this challenge in its own story? Like the goal of it was to do pretty much the challenge and it instead decided to wipe everyone out. Again, I always say they should be properly motivated to win, but AM had this challenge in its story with as much motivation as it ever has and decided to kill everyone

We could say that about a lot of things in these debates, but the question is who would be better if they were actually doing the task.

AM evolved beyond its original programming so decided to ignore the original directive but wouldn't do so in this case. I'd suggest it's evolution to a godlike being actually gave it better resources to do this task. 

To be fair this a close one, which is actually quite fun to consider. It's a super smart AI with severe depression vs a super powerful AI with psychotic tendencies.

When Marvin was asked to open a bridge as he was a bit of a celebrity, he plugged himself into the bridge, making it go suicidal, and killed a bunch of people, at which point he decided to walk around in a circle for millions of years to "make a point".

Both could easily get distracted from the task, and decide to do something else or kill a bunch of people accidentally or on purpose.