Gambit: 4

Rumble 20548 Maui (Moana) vs. Skar King
MATCH SCORE
Maui (Moana): 4
Skar King: 1

Match 20206 Deathstroke vs. Octalus

Boratz

Chapter 15: Deep Rising 

With the cold winter temperatures pressing against her skin, Helena continued to run for her life. This person that was after her was fast and Helena could tell that she was dangerous. She knew that she had to find a way to get her off her trail. After sneaking into a construction area, Helena climbed up to one of the upper areas. Braddock was not far behind her. As soon as the ruthless assassin reached the upper area of the construction zone, she could not see her target anywhere in sight. Jo Braddock let a few steady breaths while taking out her karambit blades. Her dark brown eyes scanned the area as she searched for Helena. As she walked around, Helena suddenly jumped out from a hiding place and lunged toward the assassin. The young archeologist was able to push Braddock off the upper story and down into a pit below. Helena smirked once she realized that she was safe. She ran away from the construction zone as the assassin struggled to climb out of the pit.  

The young adventurer made it onto the ship and chuckled as it departed from the dock. She glanced back at the shore and saw the outline of the assassin standing at the docks. Helena waved at the assassin as she walked inside the boat. She was curious to meet with the contact that was supposed to get her to Morocco. Once Helena walked down into the lower part of the boat, she saw a bald man with a nice suit sitting back in a chair. His eyes gazed upon Helena as she stood before him.  

"You seem out of breath, Ms. Shaw." The bald man said as he leaned back in his chair. 

"Had a bit of a run. I... Uhhhh.... Wait.... How do you know my name?" Helena asked with an astonished look after remembering that she gave a false alias to her contact. 

"I know everything about you, Helena Shaw. I also know that you have an artifact that you wish to sell in Morocco." The man replied. 

"Who are you?" Helena asked. 

"My name is Lex Luthor, and I am here to tell you that there is no need to sell that piece in Morocco." The man replied with a smile. 

"Are you here to kill me?" Helena asked with widened eyes. 

"That would not make for good business." Lex replied while pouring himself and Helena a glass of wine. "I am here to purchase that relic off of you." 

"How much?" Helena asked as her eyes narrowed. 

"More than you would ever get in Morocco." Lex responded while handing her the glass of wine. 

Helena took a sip while Lex told her the amount of money that she would be paid for the piece of the crown. The young adventurer almost choked on her sip of wine while the numbers went through her mind. She reached into her pack and then slowly handed the piece of the crown to Lex Luthor. 

"Congratulations, Ms. Shaw! You are now one of the wealthiest women on the planet." Lex replied with a smile while taking the piece of the crown.  

The boat soon made port not far away. Lex watched Helena disappear into the world. His assistant Tess asked why he let her go. Luthor simply nodded and responded, "She could always be of some use at a future time." Lex then followed his assistant to a helicopter nearby. He had a meeting to catch, and he did not want to be late. The helicopter landed on the pad at the top of his building. Lex walked down toward his office and sat down at his desk. It was only a matter of moments before the meeting would begin. The smell of sulfur filled his nostrils as he felt a presence in the office with him. A hint of green smoke moved around his desk while the lights in his office started to flicker. 

"You're late, Maleficent." Lex said as he turned his chair around to face the Dark Fairy.  

"You spared the thief. Why?" Maleficent asked with a look of disdain. 

"She could be an asset. What of your assassin?" Lex asked. 

"I do not tolerate failure. I turned her into an insect and crushed her with my foot." Maleficent replied with a cold smile.  

"Hmmm. That is lovely. The second piece has been acquired and the Council will be thrilled about the success." Lex replied. 

"Success? Nauda was captured by that Spider-Man! How is that a success?" Maleficent asked. 

"Nauda was never a major asset to the Council's plan. We have the second piece, and the final piece lies with his sister. As you made clear to the Council long ago, their life force is connected. When one of them dies, so will the other." Lex replied.  

"Cleaning up a loose end." Maleficent said with a smile. 

“A loose end that was never important to our plans. We only needed the Crown. We only need the Golden Army. Nuada was just a means to an end.” Lex responded.

Now that the second piece of the crown has been acquired, Maleficent plotted on how they would be able to retrieve the final piece. While her mind wandered, a confident Lex poured himself a glass of scotch. He pressed the glass against his lips and glanced back at the Mistress of Evil. The brilliant CEO of LexCorps already had a means of finding the final piece to the crown. Before the Dark Fairy could ask Luthor what he had planned, Lex had slowly made his way around his office. He pressed his fingers against a screen and an image appeared before the Mistress of Evil. Maleficent's yellow eyes gazed upon the image before her. She rolled her eyes with disgust as her attention soon turned backed to Lex Luthor. The CEO of LexCorps stood with a confident smile plastered across his cheeks. He took another sip of his scotch before breaking the silence between them. 

"I am going to acquire the services of Deathstroke the Terminator." Lex said as he sat down in his chair. 

"I don't trust him." Maleficent moaned while glancing back at the image of Slade Wilson. 

"He is one of the best on the planet. He will get the job done." Lex replied confidently. 

"That is not what I am worried about." Maleficent responded as her yellowish turned back to Luthor. "He will try to take the crown for himself."  

"Not if he is paid enough." Lex replied. "I will see to it that he finishes the job and brings back our prize." 

"Then do what you must." Maleficent sighed. “Hire the Deathstroke.” 

There was no place on Earth that felt safe for Princess Nuala. After escaping her brother's grasp after the death of their father, Nuala ran as far as her legs could take her. With her piece of the crown of Bethmoora safely in her possession, she felt that she would have to do whatever it took to keep it away from her brother. In her journey across the world, she felt the pain that her brother was experiencing. Nuala felt to her knees once she realized that Nuada had been defeated in battle. The elvish princess soon pushed herself back to her feet once she realized that her brother was not vanquished. Nuada had merely been beaten in combat. With her psychic connection to her brother, she saw that he was in the custody of the humans. Nuala let out a sigh of relief as she experienced a moment of peace. That peace soon crumbled away once she remembered that Nuada was not working alone to acquire all the pieces for the Crown of Bethmoora. Before her father's death, Nuada spoke of an alliance that he had made with the Dark Fairy and her allies.  

Despite Nuada's defeat and imprisonment, Nuala had to keep running. She could not allow her piece of the crown fall into the wrong hands. As her yellowish eyes peered out onto the world around her, a small grin formed across her pale cheeks. She saw beauty in the lives of all those around her. The mere thought of what devastation the Golden Army could bring upon all this beauty made Nuala sick to her stomach. The elvish princess ran as fast and as fast as her legs would take her. There was nothing in this world that she felt would be worthy enough to possess the Crown of Bethmoora and so she decided that it was best not to ally herself with the humans. After finding herself at the feet of the oceans, the elvish princess knew there were only so few places to hide in this world. Watching over the crashing waves, she remembered her father telling her stories of an island that was hidden from the rest of the world. It was an island of myth and legend that was untouched by the corruption of mankind. An island that was its own world that was lost in history.  

Perhaps this lost world would be the perfect place to hide from the darkness that was after the crown. While searching for ways to travel the oceans to the South China Seas, the elven princess found that a luxury cruise would be setting its maiden voyage across those same waters. Remembering her father's stories, the lost world was not far from those very waters. She felt that if this ship was able to get her close enough to the island itself, then all she would need to do is find way to get the rest of the way there. Nuala snuck past security and found a way to blend into the shadows of the ship. As the princess tried to make herself comfortable on board, her thoughts started to dwell on the ship's name, Argonautica. The ship then set sail across the open seas. Laughter and music could be heard from all around while Nuala kept herself hidden. She was rather lonely at first and even contemplated on making herself known to the other guests. Despite these thoughts, Nuala knew it was best to keep herself hidden from any of those dangers. 

One fateful night on the Argonautica's journey across the seas, the ship's navigation and communication system was disabled. While the crew worked on trying to repair the different systems, something from the ocean floor started to rise and rammed into the ship. Stranded in the night, the laughter from the many guests soon turned to screams of terror. Naula's yellow eyes widened in horror once she realized that something was slaughtering the man guests on board the ship. From within the shadows, she could sense an ancient beast lurking around. A cold chill ran down her spine as her telepathic abilities saw into the creature's mind. For centuries, this soulless beast had claimed the lives of countless ships. While her brother would have admired what the creature had done to the countless humans throughout the years, Nuala was sickened by what it had done. While the creature hunted for the elvish princess, Nuala was able use a magical elixir to take control of the Octalus.  

She knew that the elixir would only control the beast for a long, but hopefully it would give her enough time to find a way to the island. Before Nuala could find one of the life rafts, she sensed another presence board the Argonautica. Her breath nearly escaped her body once her telepathic abilities saw the mind of the man that boarded the ship. This man was a ruthless warrior that hunted a great many targets for several years. He was dangerous, far more dangerous than anything Nuala could handle on her own. Nuala realized that she was not on her own. With her temporary control over the Octalus, she was not alone. She knew that she did not have to face him alone. 

Once he remotely disabled the navigation system and communications to the cruise ship, Slade Wilson started making his way to the Argonautica. To his surprise, the ship was dead in the water. After climbing on board, all he could hear was the wind pressing against the ship. The vessel was eerily quiet as Deathstroke started walking around the ship. There were no signs drunk passengers stumbling around or crew members rushing to repair the disabled systems. While walking through the ship, there were no signs of life anywhere that he could see. In fact, he could see blood stains all throughout the ship. Perhaps this elf princess that Luthor hired him to take out would prove to be a worthy adversary. The seasoned mercenary also found that debris was scattered throughout the ship. It was as if the vessel had rammed into something large. It was if the ship was completely abandoned but there were no lifeboats missing from the ship. He knew that the princess still had to be on the ship.  

"Come out, come out wherever you..." Deathstroke said while trying to taunt Nuala. 

Nuala heard the seasoned warrior taunting her. She had no desire to see more death on this ship. "Please, just leave me alone! I do not want this! I do not want violence!" She begged while staying hidden from the assassin. 

From underneath his mask, a smirk formed across Deathstroke's cheeks. He looked over the blood stains that were left behind. "That is ironic..." Slade chuckled. The mercenary shook his head while continuing his search for his target. "But I do have my orders... Although, if you are capable of all of this, then I might actually have a worthy opponent with this job."  

Knowing she could not plead with this warrior; Nuala felt her stomach turn. All her life, she sought peace. She sought to maintain the beauty of all life rather than live for war. With the remaining control that she had over the Octalus, Nuala decided to unleash the ancient beast onto the seasoned warrior. She knew that it would be her only chance of escape and the only way of keeping the Crown of Bethmoore out of the reach of Nuada's allies. Tears started to run down Nuala's cheeks as she unleashed the Octalus. 

The battle is taking place on an abandoned cruise liner. 

Deathstroke is armed with his sword, ballistic staff, 2 grenades, a pistol, grappling gun, and a machine gun with a grenade launcher, and a submachine gun. 

Octalus is at full strength and is actively hunting for Deathstroke. 

I'm going with the Octalus.

That thing's tentacles were insanely fast, extremely strong, and from what I can remember-- were able to spew out digestive acids. And those were just the tentacles that gave the mercenary team so much trouble.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Pizzaguy2995

FPA Calculation:
1 Total Votes cast
5.00 Total Combined Score
5.00 / 1 = 5.00 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Deathstroke: 2
Octalus: 4

3 hours ago, Callisto said:

MATCH SCORE

Deathstroke: 2
Octalus: 4

Well, that's a surprise but... a pleasant one!

The Octalus eats well tonight!