Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Rumble 20548 Maui (Moana) vs. Skar King
MATCH SCORE
Maui (Moana): 4
Skar King: 1

Match 20164 Isla vs. Kimberly Jackson

image.jpeg.c9296bdeb133d7f06aaf2b4dadcb320e.jpeg

While Karin Kanzuki and Rose Bernstein argued over invitations to the third Capcom vs. SNK tournament and dealt with possible espionage, other aspects of putting the tournament together were already well underway. This included promotion.

A billboard was being created a few streets down to promote the tournament. Once completed and approved, replicas of it would be placed in Metro City, Southtown, and various other key cities. Currently, the main artist of the piece, a young Chilean graphic artist with blue hair underneath a black baseball cap looked over the new Capcom vs. SNK logo emblazoned on the billboard with a critical eye. She pulled down the mask covering the lower part of her face.

“It needs more color,” she surmised. “I need to grab some more spray cans.”

The two men operating the scaffolding where she now stood offered to help her down.

The artist, Isla, shook her head no. “Nah, don’t worry about it, I’ll be right back.” 

Isla scaled down the scaffolding and briefly disappeared from sight. Soon after she made her exit, a different woman suddenly appeared and descended upon the scaffolding.

“Make way for the ninja star!” she announced.

This woman had a yellow ribbon in her hair which was made up of long black braids. She turned off the walkman that was attached to her hip.
“Sorry I’m late, I had to…..” She halted her apology. “Wait, did you guys start without me?”

The new woman on the scene, Bushinryu student Kimberly, took  a bag off her shoulder that contained several different spray paint cans.

“I hate to tell you guys but we are going to have to start all over, this isn’t my vision,” Kimberly stated.

The two scaffolding workers looked at eachother with confusion.

“Not to mention the scaling is all wrong,” Kimberly opined. “SNK is way over emphasized. Everyone knows Capcom is the main attraction of this tournament.”

“I disagree!”

Isla had made her way back to the top of the scaffolding. Everyone knows the superior fighters come from SNK.”

“Oh, hi, I didn’t see you there. My name is Kimberly Jackson. Are you here to help me with Capcom vs. SNK mural?” asked Kimberly.

“No, I’m here to paint the Capcom vs. SNK mural,” Isla answered with some irritation in her voice.

Kimberly furrowed her brow. “That can’t be right. Karin Kanzuki told me that I could design the billboard, and doing a good job would secure me an invitation to the tournament as the official Bushinryu representative.”

“Rose Bernstein told me the same thing!” Isla shot back. “Minus the Bushinryu part.”

“That’s strange, why would they offer the same job to different people,” Kimberly wondered.

“I don’t know. It seems like there is some bad communication from the top on down,” stated Isla. “It’s unfortunate, but I’m not giving up on my opportunity. Creating this artwork will do wonders for my graphic design business, and getting into this tournament and having a good showing is exactly what I need to get out of Shun’ei’s shadow.” 

“I don’t intend to back down either,” said Kimberly. “An opportunity like this doesn’t come along every day.”

“That puts us at odds.”

“We could each do our own smaller version of the promotional billboard and see which one Karin and Rose prefer,” Kimberly suggested.

“We could do that…” Isla adjusted her hat. “Or we could fight for it.”

Kimberly smiles. “That sounds like a fun idea too.”

Both women jumped down from the scaffolding and onto the street.

“Just know that I won’t hold back, so don’t get mad if you get hurt,” Isla warned.

“I’m going to give it my all, too,” Kimberly replied.

Isla utilized one of her purple spray cans and sprayed into the air her phantom arms, Amanda.

“Whoa! Those are so cool!” Kimberly started running in place. “Now, I’m getting really excited for this fight.”

“Let’s do this.”

Good set-up, Johnny. Battle of the perky young graffiti artists! 

I heard some of Kimberly's style was influenced by Isla's, and I can see it, aside from the ninjutsu part. Man, Capcom has certainly taken more inspiration for other fighting games than usual lately. 

As for the match ... gotta think about it. As mentioned, Kimberly seems like the better fighter, but Isla's got those Amanda hand things. How much of Verse's power lsla can tap into might decide this. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Boratz
4.70 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
9.70 Total Combined Score
9.70 / 2 = 4.85 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Isla: 4
Kimberly Jackson: 1