Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

13:8 - Kang the Conqueror vs. Brainiac 5

UMPIRE

SEASON 13, ROUND 8

Kang the Conqueror

Slot: The Team's Scientist
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Kang the Conqueror at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Brainiac 5

Slot: The Team's Scientist
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Brainiac 5 at this Wiki
Official Site: DC Comics

Battle Terrain
Team Scientist Challenge: Battle Bots

Kang has much better feats in this area, including building the Growing Man who took on Thor and various Avengers. Whilst their initial tech may be comparable, Kang has shown again and again that he is able to build devices and gadgets that make him one of the most feared beings.

Brainy is a genius among geniuses. Kang may have his own future tech, but Brainy has built key items of his society. This is going to be a good one but given the level of miniaturization Braniac already manages with things like a flight ring (which easily fits in his bot) and Computo already on hand Braniac has a Battlebot edge.

43 minutes ago, Twogunkid said:

Brainy is a genius among geniuses. Kang may have his own future tech, but Brainy has built key items of his society. This is going to be a good one but given the level of miniaturization Braniac already manages with things like a flight ring (which easily fits in his bot) and Computo already on hand Braniac has a Battlebot edge.

Kang has shown time and time again that he is able to build tech that is even advanced in his time. And more importantly he has the advantage of time travel, of having built killer robots, and of being a ruthless killer where Braniac 5 is not.

Brainiac 5 also has time travel, there’s really no shortage of stories with the Legion of superheroes traveling to the past or bringing people to the future haha. They may not be killer but I’m sure Brainiac 5’s built many advanced bots himself, so the only real advantage there from those is the ruthlessness.

Still, he’s Brainiac 5. Kang’s a remarkable foe but I’m leaning Brainiac here

40 minutes ago, C.T. said:

Brainiac 5 also has time travel, there’s really no shortage of stories with the Legion of superheroes traveling to the past or bringing people to the future haha. They may not be killer but I’m sure Brainiac 5’s built many advanced bots himself, so the only real advantage there from those is the ruthlessness.

Still, he’s Brainiac 5. Kang’s a remarkable foe but I’m leaning Brainiac here

I'd suggest that Kang is more experienced and advanced in most of these cases, specifically in regards to this challenge. Not saying B5 is not a formidable contestant, but I just don't see how he can measure up to someone who has literally spent eons refining weapons of war and incorporate those into a Battle Bot for this competition. 

2 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

I'd suggest that Kang is more experienced and advanced in most of these cases, specifically in regards to this challenge. Not saying B5 is not a formidable contestant, but I just don't see how he can measure up to someone who has literally spent eons refining weapons of war and incorporate those into a Battle Bot for this competition. 

Braniac's twelth level intellect can ponder Twelve Streams of thought simultaneously. Braniac has faced foes who conquer before, The Fatal Five, The Legion of Super Villains, and most importantly for this...

Braniac outsmarted a millenia laid plan by Ra's Ahl Ghul. Brainiac has faced and defeated people with ages of experience. An immortal is nothing new. Braniac's forcefield belt which takes pounding from Superman easily and flight ring can easily be integrated into a battle bot giving him an easy edge in maneuverability and defense leaving him all twelve streams of thought to design a crushing offense.

In the Star Trek/Legion of Super Heroes Crossover with the aid of the Enterprise crew he took down Vandal Savage with the powers of Q. (Non-canon so this can be taken with a grain of salt)

5 minutes ago, Twogunkid said:

Braniac's twelth level intellect can ponder Twelve Streams of thought simultaneously. The Fatal Five, The Legion of Super Villains, and most importantly for this...

Braniac outsmarted a millenia laid plan by Ra's Ahl Ghul. Brainiac has faced and defeated people with ages of experience. An immortal is nothing new. Braniac's forcefield belt which takes pounding from Superman easily and flight ring can easily be integrated into a battle bot giving him an easy edge in maneuverability and defense leaving him all twelve streams of thought to design a crushing offense.

In the Star Trek/Legion of Super Heroes Crossover with the aid of the Enterprise crew he took down Vandal Savage with the powers of Q. (Non-canon so this can be taken with a grain of salt)

And Kang's armour has shrugged off hits and blasts by Thor, Hercules and Silver Surfer! 

And he also created robots that have stood up to an entire roster of Avengers. He has even created an exact replica bot of Spiderman. 

Add to this he has telekenetic powers and time travelling powers within his armour and his manoverability is insane (having been shown to keep up with the aforementioned Silver Surfer, Cap, Iron Fist, and even dodge lasers). 

And again, I go back to the fact that smarts does not equal ability to a killer (or conqueror) instinct. The challenge is building a battle bot, and you have someone who is generally described as a genius whose primary role is that of a scientist, versus someone who, on top of being a genius, is a warrior who has spent so many lifetimes fighting and coming up with innovative ways to battle using armour and tech and who has experience doing exactly what the challenge asks for. 

6 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

And Kang's armour has shrugged off hits and blasts by Thor, Hercules and Silver Surfer! 

And he also created robots that have stood up to an entire roster of Avengers. He has even created an exact replica bot of Spiderman. 

Add to this he has telekenetic powers and time travelling powers within his armour and his manoverability is insane (having been shown to keep up with the aforementioned Silver Surfer, Cap, Iron Fist, and even dodge lasers). 

And again, I go back to the fact that smarts does not equal ability to a killer (or conqueror) instinct. The challenge is building a battle bot, and you have someone who is generally described as a genius whose primary role is that of a scientist, versus someone who, on top of being a genius, is a warrior who has spent so many lifetimes fighting and coming up with innovative ways to battle using armour and tech and who has experience doing exactly what the challenge asks for. 

But there is the matter of bot building constraints. Bots are limited in their size by the rule set. This is Brainiac's big advantage. His tech is extremely miniaturized. He has anti-gravity and a forcefield in an extremely small package. Kang tends to summon tech either from a large chair, from his ship, and so he is going to be eating up weight fast on his Bot. COMPUTO was created by Brainiac 5 reverse engineering a mother box and combining it with a personality matrix of one of the metal men and a super computer of his own design. The fact that Brainiac 5 can whip up a mother box is a huge edge. Again small tech with big advantages.

Kang may have impressive Tanks and Warbots, but they exceed the battlebots size rules. He has to think much smaller than he normally does.

Kang has been outsmarted by Kate Bishop. No disrespect to Kate, but that ain't the world conquering intellect at play there. He's been outfoxxed by Stark, Pym, Rogers, Richards, Doom, and others. Kang's big thing is that when he loses he flees to the future and will be back. EXCEPT BRAINIAC IS ABLE TO PREVENT THIS. Kang gets one shot because his foe is adept at Time Travel as he is. I don't see Kang's desire for conquest being enough of an edge to defeat Brainiac 5

28 minutes ago, Twogunkid said:

But there is the matter of bot building constraints. Bots are limited in their size by the rule set. This is Brainiac's big advantage. His tech is extremely miniaturized. He has anti-gravity and a forcefield in an extremely small package. Kang tends to summon tech either from a large chair, from his ship, and so he is going to be eating up weight fast on his Bot. COMPUTO was created by Brainiac 5 reverse engineering a mother box and combining it with a personality matrix of one of the metal men and a super computer of his own design. The fact that Brainiac 5 can whip up a mother box is a huge edge. Again small tech with big advantages.

Kang may have impressive Tanks and Warbots, but they exceed the battlebots size rules. He has to think much smaller than he normally does.

Kang has been outsmarted by Kate Bishop. No disrespect to Kate, but that ain't the world conquering intellect at play there. He's been outfoxxed by Stark, Pym, Rogers, Richards, Doom, and others. Kang's big thing is that when he loses he flees to the future and will be back. EXCEPT BRAINIAC IS ABLE TO PREVENT THIS. Kang gets one shot because his foe is adept at Time Travel as he is. I don't see Kang's desire for conquest being enough of an edge to defeat Brainiac 5

And Brainiac 5 has been outsmarted by Chameleon Boy when he went rogue and stumped by The Question. We can always point to a  character's weaknesses, but it is much more telling to point to their strengths. 

And if we are talking tech, Kang has a cosmic cube which I reckon trumps a mother box, and has also shown molecule expansion and shrinking technology as part of his arsenal (going so far as to throw a giant Cap America shield back at him). 

He definitely has enough to make miniature bots that rival his main tech.

In terms of time travel, Kang has himself travelled seconds into the past when in battle, as well has sent his opponents into different times. He has even aged things, turning them to dust. 

The sheer number of ways he has of winning this is staggering and, perhaps more importantly, based on actual experience and feats.

6 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

And Brainiac 5 has been outsmarted by Chameleon Boy when he went rogue and stumped by The Question. We can always point to a  character's weaknesses, but it is much more telling to point to their strengths. 

And if we are talking tech, Kang has a cosmic cube which I reckon trumps a mother box, and has also shown molecule expansion and shrinking technology as part of his arsenal (going so far as to throw a giant Cap America shield back at him). 

He definitely has enough to make miniature bots that rival his main tech.

In terms of time travel, Kang has himself travelled seconds into the past when in battle, as well has sent his opponents into different times. He has even aged things, turning them to dust. 

The sheer number of ways he has of winning this is staggering and, perhaps more importantly, based on actual experience and feats.

Assuming you are talking the Guardians of the Galaxy run, Kang modified a Cosmic Cube, he did not create it. Braniac built his mother box from scratch after looking at one.

Brainiac time and again has proven why he is in the Legion on raw intellect alone.

I'm sticking to the Coluan Brainiac 5 in terms of feats but he has built nanobots to repair ships and legion headquarters and has assimilated new tech and scientific information basically on sight and he has no shortage of access to shrinking tech. Besides the shrinking devices of his ancestors he has worked with Shrinking Violet as well. The Atom's tech to Brainiac is centuries old. He has created an anti-matter beam casually to destroy COMPUTO one of the many times it has gone rouge.

Further, mentioning the time he went Rogue, Brainiac 5 created a perfect robot duplicate of Supergirl, which is far more impressive than one of Spider-Man.

Brainiac has dealt with time travelling foes like Time Trapper, Kronos, Glorith, and Per Degaton.

The Zero Hour Continuity has Brainiac 5 abandoned by Brainiac 4 and he is raised by robots who he builds more and more of.

Brainiac has more than enough smarts to build the best bot to win the 3 minute brawl.

51 minutes ago, Twogunkid said:

Assuming you are talking the Guardians of the Galaxy run, Kang modified a Cosmic Cube, he did not create it. Braniac built his mother box from scratch after looking at one.

Brainiac time and again has proven why he is in the Legion on raw intellect alone.

I'm sticking to the Coluan Brainiac 5 in terms of feats but he has built nanobots to repair ships and legion headquarters and has assimilated new tech and scientific information basically on sight and he has no shortage of access to shrinking tech. Besides the shrinking devices of his ancestors he has worked with Shrinking Violet as well. The Atom's tech to Brainiac is centuries old. He has created an anti-matter beam casually to destroy COMPUTO one of the many times it has gone rouge.

Further, mentioning the time he went Rogue, Brainiac 5 created a perfect robot duplicate of Supergirl, which is far more impressive than one of Spider-Man.

Brainiac has dealt with time travelling foes like Time Trapper, Kronos, Glorith, and Per Degaton.

The Zero Hour Continuity has Brainiac 5 abandoned by Brainiac 4 and he is raised by robots who he builds more and more of.

Brainiac has more than enough smarts to build the best bot to win the 3 minute brawl.

He may have dealt with time travelling foes but I'm sure it was one of them (Chronus possibly?) who ended up trapping him in the past for a while - and that was not a being anywhere near as powerful or versatile as Kang. 

Kang is not just about travelling in time - but he uses it as an actual weapon, sending opponents into the past or future, aging things, rewinding his own time, or simply stopping time itself during a battle. 

That three minute window is going to feel mighty fast when Kangs robot is playing with time. 

And that is on top of the other powers mentioned, such as stopping blows from Mjolnir and blasts from Silver Surfer (which should say a lot about the power levels at play here).

6 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

He may have dealt with time travelling foes but I'm sure it was one of them (Chronus possibly?) who ended up trapping him in the past for a while - and that was not a being anywhere near as powerful or versatile as Kang. 

Kang is not just about travelling in time - but he uses it as an actual weapon, sending opponents into the past or future, aging things, rewinding his own time, or simply stopping time itself during a battle. 

That three minute window is going to feel mighty fast when Kangs robot is playing with time. 

And that is on top of the other powers mentioned, such as stopping blows from Mjolnir and blasts from Silver Surfer (which should say a lot about the power levels at play here).

It was Chronus (Color me impressed. I was prepared for the somewhat unpopular legion of superheroes comics to largely be unknown) and Brainy manages to build a way back with what he could find. ("Querl Dox built this in the past with a box of scraps!"-Obidiah Stane probably)

Brainy's forcefield belt blocks similarly powerful blows so in defense the two may come out even. Kang's forcefield is from his whole suit, so Brainy again may be saving on weight. (I admit this is somewht conjecture. It is possible Kang's forcefield comes from just his helmet or his belt or his 30th century Boxer Briefs)

Kang's time travel is usually linked to his chair or his ship not his personal suit, so I think his time travel apparatus is going to be too big to fit in the 8x8 250 pound limits of the battlebots arena.

(Aside I really enjoyed The Legion as a comic and Ra's Al Ghul as Mon-El's recurring foe was pretty great. Art can be lacking and Spark/Live Wire/Lightning Lass and Phantom Girl tend to end up in skimpy attire more than they probably should, but it's a pretty fun run.)

10 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

It was Chronus (Color me impressed. I was prepared for the somewhat unpopular legion of superheroes comics to largely be unknown) and Brainy manages to build a way back with what he could find. ("Querl Dox built this in the past with a box of scraps!"-Obidiah Stane probably)

Brainy's forcefield belt blocks similarly powerful blows so in defense the two may come out even. Kang's forcefield is from his whole suit, so Brainy again may be saving on weight. (I admit this is somewht conjecture. It is possible Kang's forcefield comes from just his helmet or his belt or his 30th century Boxer Briefs)

Kang's time travel is usually linked to his chair or his ship not his personal suit, so I think his time travel apparatus is going to be too big to fit in the 8x8 250 pound limits of the battlebots arena.

(Aside I really enjoyed The Legion as a comic and Ra's Al Ghul as Mon-El's recurring foe was pretty great. Art can be lacking and Spark/Live Wire/Lightning Lass and Phantom Girl tend to end up in skimpy attire more than they probably should, but it's a pretty fun run.)

It's been a long time, but I've always preferred the fringe superheroes rather than the mainstream. If I recall he did need help to find his way back - but honestly couldn't say for sure. I do recall Phantom Girl in that era - and did like the slightly hippy/skimpy look. It is a bit silly what artists can do in the name of what they think 'empowerment' is. 

In terms of Kang's powers, it is well known that all of his powers do indeed come from his 30th century Boxer Briefs (just as, like Napoleon, his lust from conquest stems from what lies beneath those briefs). 😆 But it has been shown in some comics (that deviated from the Briefs lore) that his armour is indeed able produce the time travel effects (it is his suit that ages items 1000s of years, or that sends Cap back in time during a fight). That, plus his ability to alter the size of things, does logically indicate that the Battle Bot will bring all the time powers of Kang to the fight. 

5 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

It's been a long time, but I've always preferred the fringe superheroes rather than the mainstream. If I recall he did need help to find his way back - but honestly couldn't say for sure. I do recall Phantom Girl in that era - and did like the slightly hippy/skimpy look. It is a bit silly what artists can do in the name of what they think 'empowerment' is. 

In terms of Kang's powers, it is well known that all of his powers do indeed come from his 30th century Boxer Briefs (just as, like Napoleon, his lust from conquest stems from what lies beneath those briefs). 😆 But it has been shown in some comics (that deviated from the Briefs lore) that his armour is indeed able produce the time travel effects (it is his suit that ages items 1000s of years, or that sends Cap back in time during a fight). That, plus his ability to alter the size of things, does logically indicate that the Battle Bot will bring all the time powers of Kang to the fight. 

I will admit Kang is one of my less well known Marvel villains. (I always considered him to be Doom-lite) but how much of his tech is invented and built by him and how much is a consequence of him conquering and employing other scientists. I know Kang is smart and can do science, but I do not know what is actually his construction and what is a product of someone else's labor. (If we know)

25 minutes ago, Twogunkid said:

I will admit Kang is one of my less well known Marvel villains. (I always considered him to be Doom-lite) but how much of his tech is invented and built by him and how much is a consequence of him conquering and employing other scientists. I know Kang is smart and can do science, but I do not know what is actually his construction and what is a product of someone else's labor. (If we know)

He has definitely mastered time travel, and (funny you say Doom-lite) given there are indications he is a possible descendant of both Reed and Doom then he brings enough smarts to the table. In terms of inventions he has definitely created his armour amongst other things, but it does begin to get a bit convoluted when he is at times stealing tech from his own variants! 

1 hour ago, Culwych1 said:

He has definitely mastered time travel, and (funny you say Doom-lite) given there are indications he is a possible descendant of both Reed and Doom then he brings enough smarts to the table. In terms of inventions he has definitely created his armour amongst other things, but it does begin to get a bit convoluted when he is at times stealing tech from his own variants! 

Especially because Kang seems to have invoked a bunch of paradoxes with his continued existence. I knew he was a descendant of Doom but the Richards part is new to me. (On a side note I am surprised no one seems to have taken Mr. Fantastic as their scientist)

There is another factor to the battlebots arena to consider, the actual piloting of the robot. I think Brainy is going to be at an advantage here with his ability to keep multiple streams of consciousness going simultaneously.

I also think Brainy may use Valorium (an Nth metal alloy of his own creation), magnanium and Inertron (this one in small quantities due to density) for the bot's physical armor meaning that if somehow Kang's bot gets through his forcefield which no sells some impressive stuff it still will hold up. (I went to my 2004 comic collection of the Legion and unfortunately Darkseid never blasts Brainy with his Omega Beams in the Foundations storyline, but he does take hits from Firestorm, Barda, and Superman all pulled from time and manipulated by Darkseid)

I don't think Kang's time tricks can win this one as Brainy has made smaller devices than the Time Sphere for travel, but the sphere is the preferred method by the Legion as it transports more people, and Brainy is good about sending things back to the exact moment they were gone, so Kang sending the machine to the past would be instantly offset there.

Brainy may also engage in some trickery with use of Image Inducers and throw off Kang in the arena by creating some illusory duplicates of his robots, or his microscopic nanites that when accidentally unleashed on legion world by Gear were ultimately strong enough to throw Superboy (Connor Kent) around.

25 minutes ago, Twogunkid said:

Especially because Kang seems to have invoked a bunch of paradoxes with his continued existence. I knew he was a descendant of Doom but the Richards part is new to me. (On a side note I am surprised no one seems to have taken Mr. Fantastic as their scientist)

There is another factor to the battlebots arena to consider, the actual piloting of the robot. I think Brainy is going to be at an advantage here with his ability to keep multiple streams of consciousness going simultaneously.

I also think Brainy may use Valorium (an Nth metal alloy of his own creation), magnanium and Inertron (this one in small quantities due to density) for the bot's physical armor meaning that if somehow Kang's bot gets through his forcefield which no sells some impressive stuff. (I went to my 2004 comic collection of the Legion and unfortunately Darkseid never blasts Brainy with his Omega Beams in the Foundations storyline, but he does take hits from Firestorm, Barda, and Superman all pulled from time and manipulated by Darkseid)

I don't think Kang's time tricks can win this one as Brainy has made smaller devices than the Time Sphere for travel, but the sphere is the preferred method by the Legion as it transports more people, and Brainy is good about sending things back to the exact moment they were gone, so Kang sending the machine to the past would be instantly offset there.

Brainy may also engage in some trickery with use of Image Inducers and throw off Kang in the arena by creating some illusory duplicates of his robots, or his microscopic nanites that when accidentally unleashed on legion world by Gear were ultimately strong enough to throw Superboy (Connor Kent) around.

Hmmm... I'll give you that Brainy might be a better pilot of the robot, but at the same time we've got Kang who has so many years of experience as a warrior which I think counters that almost perfectly and likely have the advantage. It's the age old question of generalist vs specialist.

In terms of trickery, Kang has managed to cloak himself and Dr Doom from Silver Surfer and Strange - two characters with a vast range of detection abilities. 

And additionally - I give you Kang's trans-temporal armory. This is something he has on him that allows him to summon any weapon. This Battle Bot is not just limited by size of weaponry, but could literally bring any weapon Kang can conceve of to the fight! 

image.thumb.png.2a6a06c304d65eb6ae0992c60f6bd0cc.png

PS - am enjoying this debate! Also surprised Mr Fantastic wasn't chosen - seems like an obvious one. 

1 hour ago, Culwych1 said:

Hmmm... I'll give you that Brainy might be a better pilot of the robot, but at the same time we've got Kang who has so many years of experience as a warrior which I think counters that almost perfectly and likely have the advantage. It's the age old question of generalist vs specialist.

In terms of trickery, Kang has managed to cloak himself and Dr Doom from Silver Surfer and Strange - two characters with a vast range of detection abilities. 

And additionally - I give you Kang's trans-temporal armory. This is something he has on him that allows him to summon any weapon. This Battle Bot is not just limited by size of weaponry, but could literally bring any weapon Kang can conceve of to the fight! 

image.thumb.png.2a6a06c304d65eb6ae0992c60f6bd0cc.png

PS - am enjoying this debate! Also surprised Mr Fantastic wasn't chosen - seems like an obvious one. 

I think summoning an outside arsenal weapon would count as a minibot and would be bound by the following constraints by the Battlebots rules.

"A MiniBot is defined as a bot that weighs no more than 20.0 pounds and does not have an
Active Weapon (as defined in Section 8). A Team is only allowed to use a single MiniBot in
any Match. However, a Team can use a different MiniBot in different Matches.
(BattleBots officials retain the right to exclude any MiniBot from competing in any Match)"

From the Battlebots Rules

Brainy and Kang cannot bring anything they haven't already entered into the Battlebots Arena.

PS I am as well.

Edit: Dskillz has Mr. Fantastic 

5 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

I think summoning an outside arsenal weapon would count as a minibot and would be bound by the following constraints by the Battlebots rules.

"A MiniBot is defined as a bot that weighs no more than 20.0 pounds and does not have an
Active Weapon (as defined in Section 8). A Team is only allowed to use a single MiniBot in
any Match. However, a Team can use a different MiniBot in different Matches.
(BattleBots officials retain the right to exclude any MiniBot from competing in any Match)"

From the Battlebots Rules

Brainy and Kang cannot bring anything they haven't already entered into the Battlebots Arena.

PS I am as well.

Edit: Dskillz has Mr. Fantastic 

Rules do not specify anything about something being in that place but not in that time - Kang loophole! 😁

I've been going on the premise that these guys each build a killer robot and see who wins, and feels like we've both made our arguments. Downloading the rules of Battlebot and trying to match them up to powers these guys have displayed might be a step too far for me (and into the realm of speculation). 

Rules do not specify anything about something being in that place but not in that time - Kang loophole! 😁

I've been going on the premise that these guys each build a killer robot and see who wins, and feels like we've both made our arguments. Downloading the rules of Battlebot and trying to match them up to powers these guys have displayed might be a step too far for me (and into the realm of speculation). 

See I regularly watch Battlebots (the day after I record it because holy cow do they pack commercials in) regularly. I figure the rules need to be followed and Brainy cannot deploy some sort of upgraded Supergirl Android.

4 minutes ago, Twogunkid said:

See I regularly watch Battlebots (the day after I record it because holy cow do they pack commercials in) regularly. I figure the rules needs to be followed and Brainy cannot deploy some sort of upgraded Supergirl Android.

Ah, in that case i bow to your knowledge in this regards. I remember watching Robot Wars back in the day.

Actually, given the tech these guys are dealing with is there any reason this couldn't be mini androids that can fly, shoot beams, teleport etc., that end fighting in the arena? 

Ah, in that case i bow to your knowledge in this regards. I remember watching Robot Wars back in the day.

Actually, given the tech these guys are dealing with is there any reason this couldn't be mini androids that can fly, shoot beams, teleport etc., that end fighting in the arena? 

Battlebots does not have anything against humanoid robots. They do however have to be remote piloted so AI is out. You can have up to one minibot (and it cannot have a weapon) and they are really small on the size they can be, so Brainy cannot just deploy his swarms of nanites to go for this one.

On 12/26/2023 at 10:00 AM, Twogunkid said:

(On a side note I am surprised no one seems to have taken Mr. Fantastic as their scientist)

Ummm ...  

But yeah, have to do more research, but from a glance it looks like Brainiac's got this one.