Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 19970 Snow White vs. Princess Aurora

broadwaybeyonder

*This match up will be featuring a plot device I used in Snow White vs Cinderella.  If you want to see that, click here!  Match 16928 Snow White vs. Cinderella - CBUB Rated Matches - The Electric Ferret Message Boards If you want to see what’s in store, read on!* 

Once upon a time, the wielders of magic looked across the expanse of time and space between their kingdoms.  They were Yen Sid, Merlin, the Genies, the Fairies, and the other great magicians, wizards, and witches.  By combing their powers, they set about establishing several smaller realms between the kingdoms.  They were a collection of castles and lands that would allow people from different kingdoms to gather and explore together.  One castle in particular became known as the retreat for the princesses, a place where could get away from the stress of ruling their kingdoms.  For many years, the princesses would come to relax and enjoy their fellowship, and all was well.  Until one day… 

Jane Porter peeked around the corner to glance at the ballroom spread out beneath her.  The New Year’s Eve Ball was in full swing, with friends from across the kingdoms gathering to ring in the new year.  An ornate staircase led up to the landing where Jane stood observing the festivities.  She then ducked back inside a dressing room where several of the princesses were putting the finishing touches onto their make up and outfits.  Ariel, Jasmine, and Belle huddled around a mirror while Aurora and Snow White showed off their gowns to each other.  Cinderella gave a knowing look to Jane as she gave another glance to the door. 

“You really are jumpy tonight, Jane,” said Cinderella. 

“I guess I can’t help it,” Jane said.  “I wasn’t able to attend your Winter Ball last year, and I’m just hoping everything works alright tonight.” 

“Everything’s going to be fine,” said Belle. 

“And I’m sure Tarzan will appreciate that new gown of yours too,” Jasmine grinned. 

Jane glanced down at blue dress she wore and sighed.  “I hope so.  Either way, at least I’ll get to stay up until midnight with all of you.” 

There was a pregnant pause in the room.  Jane could notice a shared glance between the princesses.  “Well, you are all staying up until midnight, aren’t you?” 

Ariel giggled and Jasmine elbowed her in the ribs.  Cinderella shot them a look then turned back to Jane.  “Of course, we are.” 

“Or at least we can try,” said Snow White, giving a nervous look to Aurora.  Aurora looked annoyed as Ariel, Jasmine, and Belle all stifled their laughter.  “We certainly will.” 

Jane folded her arms and walked over to the princesses at the mirror.  “Alright, what’s going on?” 

“Um, going on?  Oh, nothing, nothing,” said Ariel, desperately trying to regain her composure.  Jane grinned.  “Sounds like a rather amusing nothing.  Come on, what is it?” 

“Oh, you might as well tell her,” sighed Snow White. 

“Yes,” said Aurora.  “You’re all practically bursting to anyway.” 

Sharing one last look with Ariel and Jasmine, Belle turned in her seat to face Jane.  “Well, you do know about Snow and Aurora’s stories?  How they were both put under a spell that put them in an enchanted sleep?” 

“Of course.  Until their princes woke them up with true love’s kiss.  But what’s that got to do with tonight?” 

“Well,” said Jasmine biting her lip.  “Even though the spells were broken, there were some… oh, how did Fairy Godmother put it?  ‘Unexpected side effects.’” 

“Side effects?” Jane turned to Aurora and Snow White in concern.  “What side effects?” 

“Oh, it’s nothing serious, Jane,” said Snow White, shuffling her feet in embarrassment.  “It’s just that ever since the day our prince’s woke us up, we’ve always had a little problem… staying up as late as the rest of you girls can.” 

“Normally it isn’t a problem,” said Aurora.  “We just turn in for bed a little early.  But on nights like tonight when people expect to see the princesses stay up until twelve… there are moments when things become… awkward.” 

“Like the time you fell asleep headfirst into the punch bowl?” Ariel blurted out. 

Ariel, Belle, and Jasmine burst out laughing as Aurora glared at them.  Jane joined in the laughter as Jasmine gestured to Snow White.  “Or or the time last year?  When Snow was on the dance floor and fell asleep during a waltz?” she snickered.  “She thought she was still dancing with Florian but she woke up waltzing with poor Quasimodo!  ‘Oh, Florian!  What’s become of you, dear?’” 

Snow White blushed and Aurora put her hands on her hips and the other princesses fell back in their chairs with laughter.  “It isn’t that funny!” said Aurora. 

“No, it’s not,” chimed in Snow White.  “We can’t help it!” 

Cinderella chuckled as she put her arms around her two friends.  “We understand, dears.  You know we love you both.  That’s why we would understand if you two decided to turn in early tonight.  There’s no sense in pushing yourselves to stay up late if you aren’t up for it.” 

“But I am!” interrupted Aurora.  She looked surprised for a moment at her outburst but continued on.  “I mean, I don’t know about Snow but I just know that this is the New Year’s Eve that I’ll stay up to midnight!  I might even stay up until one!” 

“And I think I can manage to stay up until two!” Snow White said. 

“Hey!” interrupted Ariel.  “Maybe that’s the answer!” 

“What answer?” Snow White asked. 

“The way to make sure you both can make it to midnight this year!  You two just need to have a… friendly competition.” 

“Ariel,” Cinderella said under her breath warningly. 

“You… mean like another game?” gulped Snow White.  “I don’t know if we should.” 

“Neither do I,” said Aurora. 

“But think about it,” said Belle.  “Maybe you need more motivation to stay awake.” 

“Right!” chimed in Jasmine.  “Maybe whoever stays awake the longest gets something from whoever falls asleep first.” 

Aurora rolled her eyes.  “Oh, Jasmine, that would be childish.” 

“Um, what sort of something?” 

“Snow!” scolded Cinderella.  “Don’t you remember what happened the last time these three cooked up a ‘game’?” 

“Yes, she beat you!” said Ariel.  She cleared her throat as Cinderella gave her a dirty look and Jasmine walked up to Aurora and Snow White.  “Well, Snow, you have been saying how much you like Aurora’s gowns.  Maybe the winner can have their pick of the loser’s wardrobe.” 

“But we share clothes all the time already!” said Aurora.  Jasmine gave a mischievous smile.  “For the entire year?” 

“Oh, that’s good!” said Ariel, clapping her hands in excitement.  “You could have any piece of the other princess’ wardrobe you like and not have to return it until 2025!” 

Snow White looked uneasy at Aurora.  “Well, I did always like that pink and blue gown of yours.”  Aurora stepped back in disbelief.  “Do you really want to go through this?” 

“Why not, Aurora?” said Belle.  “This might be just the thing you need.  Remember, you’d get any of Snow’s dresses for the year if you win.” 

Aurora looked uncertain and turned to Jane and Cinderella.  “What do you think, Cindy?  You are hosting the ball tonight.” 

“I would love to have you both join us for the entire ball, Aurora.  But I’m still not so sure.” 

“But maybe they should,” offered Jane.  “I mean, we can keep an eye on them to make sure that they don’t get hurt.” 

“That’s right!” said Ariel.  “It’ll be fine!  Come on, Cindy!  Don’t be such a guppy!  Let them do it!” 

Aurora nodded with determination.  “Yes.  Yes, Cindy.  I want to do it.  This year I’m going to see the clock strike 12 and ring in the year with all of you!” 

“And if Aurora’s up for it, then so am I!” said Snow White. 

Cinderella looked at the princesses and sighed.  “Oh, very well.  But any sign of trouble I will put a stop this right then and there.  Understand?” 

“Of course,” said Aurora.  “Oh!  Look at the time!  Philip and Florian must have arrived by now!  We might as well head down to the ballroom.  Good luck, Snow!” 

“You too, Aurora!” 

Cinderella shot a look at Ariel, Belle, and Jasmine as the other two princesses walked out.  “Well congratulations, you three,” she said.  “You’ve done it again.” 

“What are you talking about, Cinderella?” asked Jane.  “I don’t understand.” 

“Oh, she’s still upset about the game we played with her and Snow,” said Belle. 

“And now you’ve decided to play another one here?” 

“Relax, Cindy,” said Jasmine.  “This is going to be just the thing those two need.” 

“We only want them to finally be able to stay up and celebrate New Year’s Eve with us,” said Ariel. 

Cinderella folded her arms.  “I’m sure.  And there’s no possibility of you wanting to watch what foolishness those two will get into this year?” 

The three princesses each gave looks of innocent shock. 

“Us?  Of course not!” said Belle. 

“Not at all!” said Jasmine. 

“Well, maybe a little bit,” giggled Ariel. 

The three laughed as Cinderella shook her head and opened the door to the dressing room.  “All right, you three.  You’re all ready to go.  Time for all of us to head downstairs.” 

Jane looked to Cinderella as the other princesses left.  “I’m sorry I said anything, Cinderella.  I didn’t think those three were just wanting to cause trouble.” 

“Oh, they don’t, Jane, not really.  They’ve been friends ever since they arrived at the castle.  It’s just that once one of them has an idea they tend to go along with it.” 

“Maybe we should tell Snow White and Aurora that the game is off.” 

“No, no.  It’s too late now.  And if any good can come out of this nonsense it’ll be that both of them make it to midnight and we don’t have to do this again next New Year’s Eve.  Just keep an eye on them.  When one of them falls asleep I want to make sure that they don’t stay out there for one second longer.” 

Jane groaned as they walked out of the dressing room.  “This is definitely going to be a long night.” 

OK:

It’s New Year’s Eve.  Snow White vs Aurora.  Whoever stays up until midnight without falling asleep wins. 

Happy Holidays, and

Game On! 

• Thanks 1

Good set-up, broadway. Lol at Snow White and Aurora essentially having narcoleptic side effects from their sleeping spells. :D  

As for the match? Well, both princesses are teenagers, and teens and young adults often tend to make a game of staying up late. Both also tended to clean up around their cottages growing up. 

Gotta think on this one. 

• Like 1

I think I'm gonna remain stumped on this one. 

Both are at least close to the same age, both have similar tendencies, and both will have their love interests to keep them motivated, awake, etc. Could go either way, TBF. 

• Like 1

THE BOTTOM LINE

10:00

A string quartet was playing a waltz in the ballroom.  Snow White stood off to the side watching as the princesses danced with their princes.  Her head swayed back and forth to the music until she suddenly shook herself out of it.  She couldn’t allow herself to fall asleep, not even for a moment.  This was going to be the year she saw midnight. 

“Oh, hello, Snow!” 

Snow White jumped slightly and turned to see Aurora behind her holding a mug.  “Are you feeling alright?” Aurora said sweetly.  “Not feeling tired?” 

“Not at all,” said Snow White determinedly.  “I’m wide awake.  But you have been dancing with Philip all night.  Why don’t you sit down and rest?” 

Aurora took a sip from her mug and smiled.  “Very kind of you, Snow, but I’m feeling just fine.”  Snow White looked suspiciously at the mug and sniffed.  “What is that you are drinking, Aurora?  You know it wouldn’t be fair to take a magic potion to stay awake.” 

“Oh, it’s not magic.  It’s a drink that Mirabel and the Madrigal family brought to the party.  They call it coffee.” 

“Coffee?” 

“Mmhmm,” grinned Aurora as she took another drink.  “It tastes wonderful.  And Mirabel said that it’s helpful if you need something to wake you up.  Why I bet I’ll be able to stay up until dawn with this!  Oh!  There’s Merryweather!  Pardon me, Snow!  Enjoy the ball!” 

Snow White looked annoyed as Aurora hurried across the floor to meet with her fairy guardian.  Jane walked up beside her.  “Aurora certainly seems in a good mood, doesn’t she?” 

Snow White didn’t turn to face Jane.  “Jane, do you know where I could find Mirabel?” 

“I believe I saw her by the refreshment table talking with Mei Lee.  Snow, about this contest…” 

Snow White started power walking to the entrance to the ballroom.  “Sorry, Jane.  I need to have a coffee… I mean, a talk!  With Mirabel!  Um, goodbye!” 

Jane watched as Snow White dashed out the door.  Meanwhile, from the balcony overlooking the ballroom, Ariel, Belle, and Jasmine watched the goings on with amusement.  Ariel grinned at her snickering friends.  “It won’t be long now.” 

11:00

There was a lull in the music as many of the castle’s guests were sitting and talking to each other.  All except Snow White, Aurora, and their princes.  Florian and Philip were becoming more and more confused by the odd behavior of their sweethearts as they continued to waltz with them around the floor.  Florian struggled to keep Aurora upright as her head waved back and forth. 

“Aurora, don’t you want to sit down?  There isn’t even any music playing.” 

“We don’t need music, Philip!  Let’s just dance!  Dance all the way to midnight!” 

Philip gave a look to Florian, who looked back at Snow White hanging limply in his own arms.  “Darling, maybe we could dance some more after the musicians come back from their rest?” 

“Rest?!  No, no rest!  We have to stay awake until midnight!  Er, haha.  I’m sorry, Florian.  I don’t know what came over me.” 

The two princes nodded at each other and began to walk their princesses off the dance floor.  “Snow White, what’s wrong?” asked Florian.  “You know how you are when it gets late.” 

“How you both are,” chimed in Philip. 

Aurora and Snow White looked sheepish at each other.  “We know, Philip,” said Aurora.  “We just wanted to see New Years Eve with you both this year.” 

“We didn’t want to miss it again,” said Snow White.  “We’re sorry.” 

Florian kissed Snow White on the cheek.  “You have nothing to be sorry for.  If you truly want to make it to midnight, I understand.  But even if you don’t want to rest, I believe Philip do.” 

Philip smiled and kissed Aurora’s hand.  “Dancing all night can be tiring, even with lovely princesses like yourselves.” 

Aurora chuckled.  “Very well.  We release you.  But maybe we can dance some more later?” 

“Of course,” said Florian. 

With Cinderella watching the princes started off towards Eric and Aladdin, and Snow White and Aurora’s faces fell.  “Now what do we do?” Snow White groaned.  “How are we going to stay awake now?” 

“Perhaps we should put a stop to this ‘game’ now,” said Cinderella, stepping up to the princesses.  “The pair of you are practically out on your feet.” 

“Or…” said Belle, as she, Ariel, and Jasmine joined the group.  “Maybe you could have yourselves another cup of coffee?” 

Aurora and Snow White’s faces lit up. 

“Coffee?  Where?” 

“Oh, Mirabel was making a fresh pot while you were dancing,” said Ariel. 

“But there was quite a crowd by the refreshment table,” Jasmine smirked.  “There might be only a few cups left.” 

Aurora and Snow White glanced at each other, then towards the entrance to the ballroom.  Then they both bolted for the entrance as fast as their tired legs could carry them.  Cinderella looked disapprovingly at Ariel, Belle, and Jasmine as they laughed.  “You three are incorrigible.”  She strode off as Jasmine hurried after Aurora and Snow White.  “Come on!  Let’s see what happens when they get to the refreshment table!” 

“Right behind you, Jasmine!” giggled Belle.  “Ariel!  Are you coming?” 

Ariel looked distracted for a moment, then shook herself out of it.  “Hmm?  Oh!  Right.  Sure.” 

11:50

The excitement was building in the castle.  Everyone was gathered in the main hall to watch the clock tower strike midnight.  Jane had had a wonderful time with Tarzan and the other guests at the castle, but she still felt uneasy about the game between Aurora and Snow White. 

“Pardon me?  Miss Porter?” 

Jane turned and curtsied when she saw Florian and Philip.  “Oh!  Good evening, your highnesses!” 

Phillip offered his hand to raise Jane out of her curtsey.  “There’s no need for that, Jane.  We just wanted to ask you if you have seen Aurora and Snow White.” 

“Aurora?  Snow?  Er, well, I can’t say I have.  Did you try the refreshment table?  They’ve been hanging around there all evening.” 

“We already looked there,” said Florian.  “Miss Mirabel had already closed up her coffee stand.  Seems that Snow White and Aurora nearly drank all of her supply by themselves.” 

Jane glanced over her shoulder to see Cinderella talking urgently with Ariel, Belle, and Jasmine.  “I’m sorry, your highnesses.  I don’t know where they’ve gone to, but I believe I know who does!  Excuse me, please!” 

Jane picked up her skirts and hurried over to the other princesses.  “What do you mean you can’t find them?” Cinderella scolded.  “This whole game was your idea!” 

“We’re sorry, Cindy,” said Belle.  “We just… lost them!”

“Yes,” said Jasmine, blinking tiredly.  “There’s so many people.  We lost them in the crowd.”   

“Well, wherever they are we better find them!” said Jane.  “Florian and Philip are getting worried!” 

“And we won’t know who won if we don’t find them before they fall…ahhhh asleep,” Ariel yawned. 

“Come along, girls,” said Cinderella, heading for the staircase.  “Let’s check upstairs.  And hope that they haven’t sleepwalked into the moat!” 

The princesses and Jane hurried up the stairs, with Ariel, Belle, and Jasmine moving decidedly slower.  When they reached the second floor away from the music and the bustle of the ballroom, they heard a banging sound.  They turned a corner to see Snow White banging on a door.  “Come out, Aurora!  I know you’re in there!” she shouted in a slurred speech.  “Don’t you try to sneak a nap where no one can see you!  Open up right now!” 

“Snow White!  Control yourself!” shouted Cinderella.  Snow White spun around to see Cinderella, the force her turn sending her tumbling to the carpet.  She looked up at her friends and smiled absentmindedly.  “Oh!  Happy New Year, everyone!  I found Auroro… Auroru… err, hee whatshername in here.” 

“Um, Snow?  That’s a broom closet.” 

“That’s what she wants you to think, Jean, err Jane!  But look!  I’ll show you!” 

Snow White flung open the door, and a pair of brooms carrying buckets marched out of the closet, shook their handles at the princesses, and marched back in, slamming the door after them. 

“Huh,” said Snow White dumbfounded.  “Aurora’s a broom?!” 

Ariel, Belle, and Jasmine burst out laughing until Cinderella shushed them.  “Quiet, all of you!  Listen.” 

From a room further down the hall, the princesses could hear the sound of gentle snoring.  They crept down the hall and slowly opened the door.  Stepping into the room they found Aurora passed out on a four poster bed, a coffee dangling from her fingers on the floor.  In the silence the princesses could hear the echoes from the ballroom. 

“6!  5!  4!  3!  2!  1!  HAPPY NEW YEAR!” 

Aurora shifted in bed and murmured but remained fast asleep. 

“Poor dear,” sighed Cinderella.  “She was so close.” 

“But she was doing so well,” said Jane.  “Maybe she’ll be able to make it next year.” 

“Does this mean I won?” Snow White said drowsily, swaying back and forth. 

“Yes, Snow,” said Cinderella.  “You won.” 

“Wonderful.  Now if you don’t mind, I want tooooo….” 

Snow White’s words were muffled as she fell face first onto Aurora’s bed, fast asleep.  Cinderella and Jane helped her into the bed next to Aurora.  “Well, that’s one way to start the new year,” said Jane. 

“I suppose so,” smiled Cinderella.  “How about you join me in celebrating with the rest of our guests and finishing the ball?” 

“Me?  What about the other princesses?” 

“Look!” 

Jane turned where Cinderella was pointing around the room where all three princesses were asleep.  Belle was curled up on a chair, Jasmine was stretched out on a couch, and Aril was snoring loudly on the carpeted floor.  Jane stifled a giggle as Cinderella grinned and raised a finger to her lips.  The two tiptoed out of the room to celebrate the new year, leaving the 5 princesses to their rest. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL OF THE CBUB! 

• Like 1