Mr. Incredible: 0

Rumble 20544 General Kregg vs. Stripe vs. Brigade
MATCH SCORE
General Kregg: 2
Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

Match 19926 Invincible vs. Brightburn

broadwaybeyonder

Thousands of miles above the Earth, Invincible sped through the sky.  His eyes were fixed on the passenger jet in the distance.  He could see flames and smoke spurting out of one of the engines as it continued it’s descent. 

“It’s okay, you got this,” Mark whispered under his breath.  “You’re 100%.  You’re ready.  Back in action.  One little plane.  Let’s go!” 

“You do know we can hear you, kid?” 

Mark mentally cursed himself for forgetting that Cecil Stedman was listening on his earpiece. 

“Yeah.  Right.” 

“Stay focused, Invincible.  That plane is heading straight for the city.  You wanted to get back in the field.  You told me you’ve recovered.  Stop that plane and prove it.” 

Invincible nodded, took another deep breath, and increased his speed towards the crashing plane. 

He could see panicking, screaming people through the windows as he flew in alongside.  Darting to the front of the plane Invincible watched as the pilots desperately attempted to pull out of the descent.  Mark flew underneath the nose of the jet and pushed up with all his strength.  Maybe he could slow the plane and give the pilots more time to get the engine started again. 

“Or else I become a human speedbump,” he muttered. 

“What was that, kid?” 

“Uh, nothing!  Nothing.  I’ve got this!  It’s under con…” 

There was another massive explosion.  Invincible turned to see one of the right engines had been ripped off it’s pylon.  Before he could react he fell something slam into him and push him out from under the jet.  Mark went spiraling through the air before he could stabilize himself.  When he regained his bearings he couldn’t believe what he saw. 

A small figure in a costume was darting around the jet.  He went from ripping off an engine to slamming through the plane’s hull.  Invincible sped back to the jet as passengers began being sucked out into space.  The figure crashed into Mark again, then zoomed back to the jet.  He collided with each falling, screaming passenger, reducing them to bloody smears on the fuselage.  Ripping off one last engine, the figure crashed with it through the cockpit and out the tail, causing the plane to explode in an immense fireball. 

Invincible hovered in the air in shock.  There was no sign of any passengers surviving the attack. 

“Invincible!  Kid!  What is your status?  We’ve lost contact with the jet!  What the hell is going on up there?!” 

Cecil’s voice shook Invincible back to reality.  He looked up to see the figure in the mask and costume.  He was a boy, not older than Mark himself.  Invincible’s eyes narrowed behind his goggles.  “We’ve got a supervillain threat up here.  He blew up the plane.  He’s strong and fast too!” 

“Kid, pull back!  I’ll send you back up.” 

“No, Cecil.  This kid is mine.” 

OK:

Invincible (season 2) vs Brightburn. 

Last man standing wins. 

Game On! 

I would have to go with Mark here, especially since now he's gotten to be something of a better fighter-- even going as far as to pressing Thula and actually making her try. Mark actually took his father's advice and decided to stop holding back. If Mark doesn't hold back against Brightburn, he can win this pretty solidly.

• Like 1

Good match. I give the setup a 5.0.

I agree with everyone else that Mark will win here.

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.00 - Boratz
5.00 - Venom 2009
4.40 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - patrickthekid

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
18.40 Total Combined Score
18.40 / 4 = 4.60 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Invincible: 6
Brightburn: 0

• 2 weeks later...

THE BOTTOM LINE

Brightburn crashed through the remains of the jet’s wing.  The force of Invincible’s punches had ripped half of his mask off.  His eyes glared up at the hero flying above him. 

“You… hurt… me?!  No one hurts me!” 

“Huh, funny.  I think I just did.” 

Brightburn let out a roar a fired a blast of heat vision.  Invincible shielded his face and blocked the beams with his arm.  He winced as he felt the heat vision tear into his skin, but he still maintained flight above Brightburn. 

“Look, kid, I’m not going to let you kill more people.  So knock off the light show and come quietly.” 

“NO!” Brightburn wailed.  “This is my chance!  To show them all!  I am special!  I won’t go with you!  AND YOU CAN’T MAKE ME!” 

A telekinetic push shoved Invincible down to earth but he quickly jumped back to his feet.  Brightburn charged towards Mark with superspeed and threw a punch. 

A punch that Mark caught with his left hand. 

Brightburn struggled to free himself from Invincible’s grip, only for the hero to stand firm. 

“Alright, that’s a no for surrender.  On to fun option.” 

Invincible delivered an uppercut to Brightburn to sent him hurtling into the air.  Invincible flew above him and delivered an axe handle blow to the back of his head.  Brightburn careened down into the remnants of the crashed airplane in a fiery explosion. 

Peering through a smoke and wreckage, Invincible eventually made out the fallen form of the would-be supervillain.  Brandon Breyer’s mask hung loose around his neck and his costume was in tatters.  Tears ran down his face as he struggled to rise. 

“How?  It’s not fair!  This was gonna be my world!  They said I…” 

“Sorry, junior,” said Invincible as Brightburn fell unconscious.  “Don’t know who you’ve been talking to, but at the end of the day, you are just a kid.  And I am…” 

“Invincible?” 

Mark flinched as he heard Cecil’s voice on his com. 

“Save the speeches and bring him in.  We’ve got a GDA cell all ready for this brat.” 

“Oh.  Right.  Yeah, on the way.”