Slot: The Team's Artificial Intelligence
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Rommie (Andromeda) at this Wiki
Official Site: gene roddenberry

Battle Terrain
Team A.I. Challenge: Chess

I wouldnt rule AM off so easily; aren't we talking about a computer so smart that it figured out how to give itself reality and time warping powers? It is evil, but uses its intellect to literally figures how to keep humans alive and even distort their very essence.

It is designed for war and mastered that in every way, eventually going so far as to torture humans incessantly - so badly that they end up trying to eat and kill each other. 

Now the game here is chess, so I'll drop a quote by Bobby Fischer (one of the best chess players of all time): "Chess is war over the board. The object is to crush the opponent’s mind".

With all that in mind, I'm giving AM a darn good shot at the win here.

11 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

I wouldnt rule AM off so easily; aren't we talking about a computer so smart that it figured out how to give itself reality and time warping powers? It is evil, but uses its intellect to literally figures how to keep humans alive and even distort their very essence.

It is designed for war and mastered that in every way, eventually going so far as to torture humans incessantly - so badly that they end up trying to eat and kill each other. 

Now the game here is chess, so I'll drop a quote by Bobby Fischer (one of the best chess players of all time): "Chess is war over the board. The object is to crush the opponent’s mind".

With all that in mind, I'm giving AM a darn good shot at the win here.

Rommie was designed for war as well. She is a warship after all. A warship designed by and with the knowledge of a galaxy spanning civilization capable faster than light travel, genetic engineering, building AI etc. she also has all the tactical and strategic knowledge of the member worlds of the Systems Commonwealth.  She is literally centuries more advanced then AM with thousands of years of combined knowledge from hundreds of worlds.

She also lacks the vindictive streak that AM which means she is less likely to make a mistake while playing.

2 hours ago, RiotGear said:

Rommie was designed for war as well. She is a warship after all. A warship designed by and with the knowledge of a galaxy spanning civilization capable faster than light travel, genetic engineering, building AI etc. she also has all the tactical and strategic knowledge of the member worlds of the Systems Commonwealth.  She is literally centuries more advanced then AM with thousands of years of combined knowledge from hundreds of worlds.

She also lacks the vindictive streak that AM which means she is less likely to make a mistake while playing.

Hmmm, some good points but this scenario being a game of chess is one of those rare cases where I'm not sure expansive knowledge from hundreds of worlds will be a major deciding factor. This requires knowledge of the game, logic, creativity, and a penchant for war. 

I'm on the fence, so have put this to an AI to answer - and the AI has answered that it also thinks Rommie has the better chance (6 out of 9 games) due to AMs focus on unconventional and psychological tactics. 

I remain unconvinced, primarily due to the sheer brilliance of AM and the power he has grown into, but do see the logic of Rommie's victory and will concede the win.

- AM is driven by his hatred for humans, and might underestimate Rommie’s abilities or try to provoke her emotionally. Rommie, on the other hand, is more rational and calm, and would not fall for AM’s tricks or insults.

- Rommie has more experience in dealing with different situations and challenges, as she has traveled across the galaxy and encountered various races and cultures. She also has access to the Andromeda’s vast database of knowledge and history. AM, in contrast, is isolated and obsessed with his own complex and torture games. He might not have as much exposure or interest in chess or other forms of strategy.

- Rommie is more creative and adaptable, as she has shown in several episodes of the series. She can improvise, learn, and evolve according to the circumstances. AM, however, is rigid and deterministic, as he believes that he knows everything and can predict every outcome. He might not be able to cope with Rommie’s unexpected moves or strategies.