Rumble 20544 General Kregg vs. Stripe vs. Brigade
MATCH SCORE
General Kregg: 2
Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

Match 19891 Spider-Man vs. Prince Nuada

Boratz

Chapter 13 Tis the Season

While in the middle of the holiday season, a great many had gathered together for meals. Families from all around the world had decorated their homes for the holidays. Businesses put up massive displays for the hordes of shoppers that they were sure to expect. Cities and towns hung up lights across the streets to commemorate the festive season. Flames cracked from within fireplaces behind the colorful stockings that were hung up on the mantles. Trees were decorated with ornaments of all kinds while presents sat nestled under the limbs. With all the tragedies and horrors that were taking place around the world, a great many had longed for this year's holiday season. Many had gathered for parades to celebrate the season in hopes of finding a jolly good time. As the holidays fell upon the City that Never Sleeps, many had gathered to watch up in the skies above. Despite the cold and frigid temperatures that surrounded them, this crowd had gathered to see if they could catch a glimpse of the one that had become a hero to the surrounding neighborhoods. 

With sirens blazing through the streets, the crowds cheered as they saw the red and blue figure swinging high above them. Swinging from building to building, the one that had brought so much hope to the people of New York had made his way towards the chaos. Despite what newspapers and the media had reported about this being, the crowds knew all too well that Spider-Man was a hero. As firetrucks and ambulances raced through the streets of New York, the Amazing Spider-Man pushed his way forward through the cold winter weather. Despite the blaring sirens, the Webslinger could hear the panic from up ahead. As the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man swung around a corner, he saw the source of the panic. Fire and smoke had overtaken an apartment complex that stood high over the streets. The raging flames had kept the first responders at a distance. Despite their efforts with high power water hoses, the intense flames had become uncontrollable. 

The fire chief watched as his crew tried to push forward with their best efforts. While they continued to fight the raging flames with the city's water, the crew was unable to make their way past the intense heat. After landing on the dark pavement, Spider-Man made his way toward the older fire chief. The wrinkled eyes of the fire chief glanced back at the red and blue superhero. He then turned his attention back to his crew. Before Spider-Man could say any words, the fire chief yelled out that there were a few poor souls trapped on the upper levels. The fires were too intense for his team to get close to those levels. Without a second thought, Spider-Man raised his hand and shot a web close to the apartment complex. He swung up high in the air and made his way closer toward the upper levels. As he swung closer toward the burning building, he could feel the scorching heat press against his skin from within his suit. 

The roaring flames had started to drown out the sound of the deafening sirens. Peter jumped through one of the upper apartment windows that had been shattered from the chaos. From within the apartment complex, the smoke was heavy and the heat was almost unbearable. Despite the blistering heat and the thick smoke, Peter pressed forward. The building shook violently as the flames popped and cracked. With his Spidey-senses going off, Peter quickly ducked down while a pipe spewed out a powerful steam. As the floor beneath him started to shake, Peter's eyes widen as a large crack formed beneath him. He leaped up to the ceiling as the floor crumbled into the inferno below him. Crawling across the ceiling, Peter moved until there was a safe space to drop onto the floor. He screamed out for the remaining souls that were trapped in this hopeless situation. Through the roaring flames, he could hear the faint cries for help from down the hallway.

Knowing that time was of the essence, Peter rushed to the sound of the faint cries. As part of the ceiling collapsed, Spider-Man jumped to the side of the hallway to avoid being crushed by the burning debris. Despite the dangers that surrounded him, Peter was determined to rescue the people that needed help. He burst through the door that was at the end of the hallway. Peter could hear the cries coming from the bedroom. He could see that the floor in the living room had collapsed and had fallen down to the flames below. With sweat running down his spine, the Webslinger shot off a line of webs onto the wall closest to the bedroom. He slung himself forward until he made it to the sturdy ground on the other side. Peter glanced back and saw the flames rising up above the hole that he had just crossed. He knew that going back in this direction was no longer an option. Spider-Man hoped that the room in front of him had another means of escape. 

The Amazing Spider-Man knocked the door to the bedroom wide open and he quickly gazed over those that were trapped inside. Crouching down near the window, he saw a mother and her young daughter. Their eyes were swollen from the tears that were running down their faces. Peter glanced at the window and realized that they had tried to escape down the fire escape, but it had torn off from the apartment complex after the fire had become uncontrollable. He put out his hand and assured both of them that they would be okay. Peter steadily made his way to the mother and daughter. The mother scooped up her young child and placed her into the arms of the hero. Peter wrapped one arm around the young girl and told the mom to hold on tight as she wrapped her arms around Spider-Man. Peter shot out a line of webbing out of the window and leapt forward. Just as he swung out of the room, he felt the fire reaching out for them as the room became engulfed in the flames.

After landing on the cold pavement below, paramedics and firefighters rushed upon them. A desperate man broke through the grips of first responders to get to his wife and daughter. His face was an absolute mess as he sobbed. He threw his arms around his wife and daughter while crying uncontrollably. As paramedics wrestled him away to check on the mother and daughter, the young father turned to Spider-Man. Through the whimpering and the sobbing, he thanked the hero for what he had done. Peter could only nod while watching the fear in the father's eyes slowly fade away. He knew that this man had become overwhelmed with the idea of losing his entire world. As the young man followed his wife and daughter to the back of an ambulance, Peter stumbled back and overheard the fire chief talking to one of the police officers. He had heard some things that caught his attention. There was one poor soul that did not have make it out of the fiery inferno.

"I've never seen anything like it! It's like the fire had a mind of its own." The fire chief said while wiping the grime off his face.

"From what the fire investigator told me, sounds like the fire might have started in the 2nd floor from an apartment that belongs to some Professor at Empire State University. No sign of him that I can see." The officer said as he shook his head.

"Poor sap probably got trapped in there. We won't know until it is put out." The fire chief replied.

"Who was the professor?!" Spider-Man shouted as he thought about all the professors that he came across at the University.

"Looks like his name is Mignola. Professor Mignola. From what it looks like, he teaches archeology and ancient studies." The officer replied as he glanced over some papers.

"Hey, thanks Spidey for the assistance!" The chief smiled. "Don't think we would have been able to get everyone out without you."

"It's not a problem! Thank you both for what you all do for the city of New York! You are the real heroes!" Spider-Man exclaimed before shooting his webs up in the air.

The surrounding crowds cheered while the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man swung over their heads. As he moved through the cold winter air and high over the city streets; Peter could not shake the feeling that there was more to this than just another fire. He had seen fires before, but this was something else entirely. The Webslinger thought about the mutant Pyro but quickly dismissed it as it did not seem like something that he would do. He then thought about asking Dr. Connors about this Professor Mignola tomorrow after class as he did not have much knowledge about the archeology and history department. Suddenly, a realization fell upon the red and blue hero. Peter had an assignment that was due tomorrow for Dr. Connors' class. The Amazing Spider-Man quickly shifted his course back to his rundown apartment. He knew that he would have to stay up all night in order to finish this assignment. After his last several papers were turned in late, Peter could not afford another late assignment. 

As soon as he got into his apartment, Peter started working on his paper. With each passing hour, the young college student made progress but still had a ways to go before being finished with this report. His eyes grew heavy as the clock continued to tick away. A small smile formed across his cheeks once he finished the paper. He let out a giant yawn before leaning back in chair. His moment of relief quickly faded once he realized what time it was. Peter jumped to his feet and raced out of his apartment. He swung high over the city once again in hopes that he would not be late for Dr. Connors' class. The early rays of the sun pressed against Peter's mask as the view of the campus started to form. With festive decorations hanging over the many different lecture halls, the semester was slowly winding down to an end with the approaching Christmas season. Peter quickly changed his clothes and rushed to the classroom. 

The young college student was able to throw his paper on Dr. Connors' desk and rushed to his desk. With a sigh of relief, Pete leaned back in his seat. While reaching into his bag for his textbook and notebook, a boyish smile formed across Parker's cheeks. Peter looked up and saw his Professor at the front of the classroom. Dr. Connors' dark eyes were glaring down at his desk. Pete could tell that his Professor was reading over his paper. Dr. Connors then looked up and glanced over at Peter with a scowl. Their eyes met for a brief moment before Dr. Connors turned his attention to the rest of the class. An empty feeling formed in the pit of Peter's chest as Dr. Connors began his final lesson before the final. As Dr. Connors' lesson at reached its conclusion, Peter listened in on the instructions for the final exam. After the class was dismissed, Peter rushed down to meet with his professor. That same scowl returned to Dr. Connors faced as Peter came up to him.

"I would say a congratulations are in order, Mr. Parker for finally getting an assignment to me on time." Dr. Connors said while packing up his stuff.

"Thank y...." Peter said before being interrupted.

"I skimmed over it, Peter. It was good work but I have done this long enough to know when a student does something last minute. You have the makings of brilliance and yet you are lazy." Dr. Connors said as he finished packing. 

"I am sorry, Dr. Connors!" Peter responded.

"Listen, I will grade it fairly but if you want to succeed then I want to see more of an effort. The final is next week. I expect you to be here on time." Dr. Connors replied while walking toward the door. 

"Hey, Dr. Connors, I heard some of the other students talking about a professor that passed away last night in a fire. Did you know him?" Peter asked. 

"Yes, the staff received an email about the passing of Dr. Mignola. He was a Professor of Ancient Studies.  I did not know him personally, only what I heard about from reputation." Dr. Connors responded while walking alongside his student.

"The other students seemed pretty shocked by it all. What kind of reputation did he have?" Peter inquired.

"He was an archeologist. He studied under a Dr. Henry Jones and a Professor Trevor Bruttenholm. In fact, I heard he just got back from abroad with a significant discovery. That is about all I know..." Dr. Connors responded while he shook his head. "Listen, Mr. Parker, I think your concerns should be on the final and not about an unfortunate accident that happened to a professor that you did not even have." 

"Yes sir, you are right. I will concentrate on your exam." Peter said before watching Dr. Connors disappear into the crowd. 

Peter stood back and started thinking about the fire the previous night. He started to think of this discovery that Dr. Mignola found and if it had anything to do with the fire. The young hero started to make his way to the History and Ancient Studies building where Dr. Mignola's office was located. While walking through the building, he saw several students gathering around Dr. Mignola's lecture hall. Peter was able to sneak his way past the crowds of mourning students, and snuck into the late Professor's office. His eyes looked over the countless papers that were stacked on his desk. There were chalkboards full of markings and maps scattered all over the room. "Oh boy..." Peter said under his breath while looking around. He knew that if there were any clues, they would be nearly impossible to find in all of this mess. Since he did not know exactly what he was looking for, the young Parker took a step back. He felt his spider sense tingling as he looked around the room. Despite his tingling senses, there were no signs of immediate danger. The young hero knew that there more to fire than a simple accident. He continued searching through the late professor's office. 

While Peter searched the office for clues, there was a dark force that was watching him from afar. Hidden within the shadows, an ancient warrior that had been forgotten by mankind was looking over the young student. This warrior, a royal prince of a race of creatures that had been forgotten in time, had been watching Peter since the previous night. The son of King Balor who ruled over the Bethmoora Clan had gritted his teeth while he watched Peter's every move. Prince Nuada had spent many lifetimes in exile, but had since returned with a plan to overthrow humanity once and for all. After learning that Dr. Mignola had discovered one of the pieces of the Crown of Bethmora, the elvish prince had devised a plan to unite the crown once again. After confronting the professor in his apartment, Nuada slaughtered the human in his bedroom. After learning that the professor had hidden the piece of the crown somewhere else, the elvish prince started to grow furious. In a fit of rage, he set the room ablaze with dark fairy dust. 

As he watched the building become engulfed in flames, his attention soon turned to the web-slinging hero that rescued some of the pathetic humans that were trapped inside. With the red and blue hero catching his curiosity, Nuada was able to track the young hero to his rundown apartment. While looking over the young hero in his search for answers, Nuada felt a sinister presence lurking behind him. The elvish prince growled while tilting his head back to glance at the entity that had appeared. His eyes locked onto a creature of ancient evil. 

"What do you want, Maleficent?" Nuada hissed.

"You were to obtain the second piece of the crown. You still have yet to obtain it!" The Mistress of Evil growled.

"There's been some complications. That human hid it away from his home. You told me it would be there!" Nuada roared while he turned toward the Dark Fairy.

"I simply told you that the dear old professor would have it somewhere close to his heart. I never said that he would have hidden it under his bed!" Maleficent responded with a cold smile. 

"I do not even know why I bother with you or your allies. I have heard that you even allied with humans!" Nuada hissed while looking upon Maleficent with disgust.

"A means to an end but you are too foolish to understand." Maleficent replied.

"How dare you speak that way to me?!" Nuada shouted. 

"Calm yourself, boy!" Maleficent screamed. "You will have your place over this world, but I need you to finish what you started. Find the second piece of the Crown. Kill the spider if you have to, just as you killed your own father." A sickening grin formed over the pale cheeks of the Mistress of Evil.

"Make no mistake, Mistress..." Nuada spit out while glaring upon the Dark Fairy. "Before this war has reached its end, I will slay you, and my Golden Army will slaughter your allies like cattle."

"Do not threaten me, child!" Maleficent cried out. "You are nothing! You would still be rotting in your exile if it was not for the Council! We brought you here. We gave you what you needed to kill your father and we gave you what you needed to find the pieces of the Crown! If you dare threaten us again, we will lay you to waste!"

Nuada smiled as the Mistress of Evil faded into thin air. He turned his gaze back to that of Peter Parker. His pale cheeks formed a sinister grin while he noticed Peter finding something in the mess that was left by the late professor. The elvish prince watched as the young Peter became excited over what he had discovered. "You have no idea what you have gotten yourself into, Mr. Parker." Nuada muttered under his breath.

Meanwhile, Peter found what appeared to be an address for a storage unit on the other side of Manhattan. The webslinger knew in his heart that he needed to find out what caused that mysterious fire. Peter stepped back and looked over the office once again. "Might as well go take a look." Peter thought to himself as he snuck out of the late professor's office. The webslinger climbed up to the top of one of the study halls and quickly changed into his costume. With a shot of his web, Spider-Man swung high over the city once again. As he swung over the city, he could hear the infamous New York traffic down below. After swinging past several familiar buildings and landmarks, the young hero saw the storage building up ahead. 

Spider-Man crawled into the building and started walking past the many hallways of different storage units. There was an uneasiness in the pit of his stomach as he walked down the long and quiet hallway. It seemed as if it were too quiet as he followed the numbers to Dr. Mignola's storage unit. He soon stumbled upon the unit, but found that it had been pryed open. Before Peter could examine the unit, his spider sense tingled with a powerful surge. He glanced back at the end of the hallway, and saw a pale figure in dark clothing standing there at the end. 

"Who? What are you?" Spider-Man asked as he raised up his hands in a defensive position.

"I am Nuada, elvish Prince of of the Bethmoora Clan." The pale figure responded as he slowly started to make his way closer toward the webslinger.

"You... You killed that professor." Spider-Man said as his spider-sense continued to let out a powerful warning. 

"He took something that belonged to my people. I am going to get it back." Nuada replied. 

"So, I thought you guys were supposed to be small, orange, and have green hair!" Spider-Man shouted. 

"What?" Nuada stopped and asked with a dumbfounded expression.

"Wait... I'm sorry, those are Oompa Loompas. Aren't elves supposed to be nice and jolly in the North Pole! Building toys for Santa and spreading Christmas cheer!" Spider-Man said sarcastically.

"You are a foolish boy, Peter Parker." Nuada hissed.

"Uh... What? How do you..." Spider-Man asked before being interrupted.

"You fight for these mortals, for these filthy humans, and for what? I have watched how they treat you. They would rather destroy you just like the monsters that they are. They are not worth protecting." Nuada said while getting closer to Spider-Man. "Mankind has been a plague of this planet for far too long, and I am going to purge this beautiful planet of this disease." 

"You tried killing innocent people! You tried killing a woman and her daughter! You are the monster!" Spider-Man yelled while clinching his fists. 

"You call those things innocent!" Nuada chuckled. "They are wretched stains of this world. They will be forgotten once I have wiped out humanity."

"Well sounds like you are going to be on the naughty list for sure this year!" Spider-Man shouted as he prepared for battle.

Nuada pulled out his sword and spear. "You know nothing of this world, Peter Parker. I will slay you just as I have slain countless others before you."

Good write up here and I can tell you definitely worked quite well and hard on it! Good work my friend!

As to who wins... You know.... Probably against the majority, I'm gonna go with Nuada.

I'm going with the grain and saying Spiderman has it. The good thing about having such a large and robust rogue gallery means that a lot of the things that "new" competitors bring has already been tried and tested against you. Nuada offers nothing new. Spiderman wins.

5.0 grade Boratz. Well done.

While Nuada will undoubtedly have the experience and training advantage over Spidey, ultimately the Web Head’s superior strength, speed, stamina, and webbing will net him the win. Plus I really wouldn’t be surprised if Peter’s joking nature and unorthodox fighting style would confuse and frustrate the haughty Nuada, annoying him into making a key mistake that will let Spidey take the win.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - RakaiThwei
5.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - Confession FPT
5.00 - Pizzaguy2995

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
20.00 Total Combined Score
20.00 / 4 = 5.00 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Spider-Man: 6