Slot: The Team's Vehicle
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about M577 Armored Personnel Carrier at this Wiki
Official Site: Twentieth Century Fox

Battle Terrain
Vehicle Challenge: Rainbow Road

I doubt Rainbow Road's on-road hazards would have much effect on the Carrier (except possibly for the giant Chain Chomps in Mario Kart 64), so it's pretty unlikely it's getting knocked off the track. IIRC, though, the Carrier doesn't have much thrust, so McQueen might possibly lap it.  

I thought Cartoon Vehicles weren't allowed in this slot. Strange.

On topic, unlike previous matches where cars that are heavy on damage dealing, Rainbow Road doesn't have any regulations against using weapons. Nothing is stopping it from pumping Lighting McQueen full of artillery if need be.

59 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I thought Cartoon Vehicles weren't allowed in this slot. Strange.

On topic, unlike previous matches where cars that are heavy on damage dealing, Rainbow Road doesn't have any regulations against using weapons. Nothing is stopping it from pumping Lighting McQueen full of artillery if need be.

Half of the characters in this slot are Transformers, which are cartoon cars and cartoon robots.

To the point, I disagree with your interpretation of the rules here. We're testing the strength of these vehicles as cars in this category, and in this matchup specifically, it's a race. If the category were a game of chess, and you said "my character brings a gun and shoots his opponent," then I guess technically he could win the game like that, but I think that's not at all what the question at hand is. The question is who would win in a race, and the answer is obviously Lightning

16 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

To the point, I disagree with your interpretation of the rules here. We're testing the strength of these vehicles as cars in this category, and in this matchup specifically, it's a race. If the category were a game of chess, and you said "my character brings a gun and shoots his opponent," then I guess technically he could win the game like that, but I think that's not at all what the question at hand is. The question is who would win in a race, and the answer is obviously Lightning

You and I both know that Mario Kart is as much as inventory management, on top of good box pulls, instead of just being the fastest racer. Otherwise the turtle shell wouldn't be as big of a meme online as it was.

On 12/13/2023 at 7:30 PM, Macklemore said:

unlike previous matches where cars that are heavy on damage dealing, Rainbow Road doesn't have any regulations against using weapons. Nothing is stopping it from pumping Lighting McQueen full of artillery if need be.

That's actually a pretty good point. The Carrier could possibly at the very least keep Lightning off-balance with weaponry both at hand and from the track's item boxes. Plus, if it manages to pull ahead, it might be broad enough to block Lightning from passing it. 

The trick, though, would be pulling ahead. 

On 12/13/2023 at 9:49 PM, Macklemore said:

You and I both know that Mario Kart is as much as inventory management, on top of good box pulls, instead of just being the fastest racer. Otherwise the turtle shell wouldn't be as big of a meme online as it was.

If we're going by Mario Kart rules, then even if Lightning is blasted off the side of the road, he'll get put back on. He's so much faster that the only time he's going to be a viable target is when he laps the carrier. He should still comfortably win 

2 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

If we're going by Mario Kart rules, then even if Lightning is blasted off the side of the road, he'll get put back on. He's so much faster that the only time he's going to be a viable target is when he laps the carrier. He should still comfortably win 

The beautiful thing about Lighting McQueen is that he's not really that durable and at the speeds he's going anything that hits him would probably get him off track. This car really has enough weaponry to have the pestering last 3 rounds. 

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

The beautiful thing about Lighting McQueen is that he's not really that durable and at the speeds he's going anything that hits him would probably get him off track. This car really has enough weaponry to have the pestering last 3 rounds. 

Hitting him is going to be a lot harder than you give it credit for. It may have the ammo to shoot continuously, but Lighting is still so much faster than he can capitalize on any missed shot to pull drastically ahead. Lightning also has way more experience in this kind of contest. His speed and experience should not than make up for any hits he takes that send him over the edge, and the Carrier is so comparatively slow that Lightning isn't going to have any hard time finishing ahead of it