Slot: The Team's Anthropromophic Animal
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Sandy Cheeks at this Wiki
Official Site: Nickelodeon

Battle Terrain
Hunter vs. Hunted: Not My Season

There’s a language barrier here, Drizzt speaks elvish of some kind and won’t understand Sandy directly. I don’t even think Sandy herself is clever as much as she is book smart, so I don’t think she will be able to convince him off.

4 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

There’s a language barrier here, Drizzt speaks elvish of some kind and won’t understand Sandy directly. I don’t even think Sandy herself is clever as much as she is book smart, so I don’t think she will be able to convince him off.

Drizzt also speaks common.

1 minute ago, Twogunkid said:

Drizzt also speaks common.

You’re right, guess that was in a later Drizzt book. Regardless, I think Sandy’s heavy Texas accent is going to make communication at least a little challenging and I don’t think she’s going to be good at convincing him to back off with how impulsive Sandy is.

28 minutes ago, C.T. said:

She's about as tall as his ankles, would he really be that keen to hunt her no matter what? 

I don’t think he’ll give up because she’s short. The prey has to convince the hunter, and I don’t think Sandy has good diplomacy.

43 minutes ago, C.T. said:

It's not just that she's short, it's convincing him that she's prey not worth hunting for a skilled hunter of his caliber, which I don't think is hard because...she's a squirrel

He’s decided to hunt her, given that she is a very unique squirrel I don’t know why he would decide against it.

Sandy is more likely to escalate than talk him out of it. Sandy will probably be confrontational.

10 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

He’s decided to hunt her, given that she is a very unique squirrel I don’t know why he would decide against it.

Because it'd be beneath him? There are more worthy targets? Her appealing to that approach

39 minutes ago, C.T. said:

Because it'd be beneath him? There are more worthy targets? Her appealing to that approach

Sandy, by personality, wouldn’t appeal to that approach. She recklessly goes into most challenges. He isn’t tracking other targets, so why would he change. There isn’t any evidence to support Sandy being able to convince him, thus I don’t think she can win. It’s on the animal to do the convincing. Here, she has no real recourse.

9 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

Isn't the biggest barrier here where Sandy actually lives? 

I mean she lives in her tree dome, she just spends a lot of time in Bikini Bottom.

If Spongebob and Patrick can talk with David Hasselhoff, then Sandy should be able to talk with Drizzt. Drizzt is a Lawful Good character according to the official Wizard of the Coast character sheet, it would be EXTREMELY out of character to kill an innocent creature. To top it all off Drizzt isn't above questioning authority, so I can see him walking away from the challenge. Sandy doesn't even need to do much convincing, Drizzt is just a wholesome guy like that. 

4 minutes ago, Vincento said:

If Spongebob and Patrick can talk with David Hasselhoff, then Sandy should be able to talk with Drizzt. Drizzt is a Lawful Good character according to the official Wizard of the Coast character sheet, it would be EXTREMELY out of character to kill an innocent creature. To top it all off Drizzt isn't above questioning authority, so I can see him walking away from the challenge. Sandy doesn't even need to do much convincing, Drizzt is just a wholesome guy like that. 

This isn’t relevant to Sandy. She’s an entirely different personality.

The scenario is whether the ANIMAL can convince the hunter if they are out of season. The onus is to prove Sandy can convince Drizzt. There is no reason to think she can, every time she is confronted she responds with more aggression. Her response to the Alaskan Bull Worm is to confront it with nothing but her bare fists . There’s no reason to think she will try to appeal to Drizzt. How is she going to convince him?

15 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

This isn’t relevant to Sandy. She’s an entirely different personality.

The scenario is whether the ANIMAL can convince the hunter if they are out of season. The onus is to prove Sandy can convince Drizzt. There is no reason to think she can, every time she is confronted she responds with more aggression. Her response to the Alaskan Bull Worm is to confront it with nothing but her bare fists . There’s no reason to think she will try to appeal to Drizzt. How is she going to convince him?

I think it's kinda different from the Bull Worm situation, since that one was a 'go with any solution you can come up with', in this case the winning condition is to convince the other party. Sandy may be prideful, but she's not barbaric to blatantly ignore the winning conditions so she can engage in a fight. 

5 minutes ago, Vincento said:

I think it's kinda different from the Bull Worm situation, since that one was a 'go with any solution you can come up with', in this case the winning condition is to convince the other party. Sandy may be prideful, but she's not barbaric to blatantly ignore the winning conditions so she can engage in a fight. 

There’s no evidence of her being able to talk someone down like that though, and that’s what she would need. She usually responds with Texas sass and karate. Aggressive  behavior will probably trigger Drizzt’s more feral stance. After that, he’s not backing off.