Colossus vs. Strong Guy
MATCH SCORE
Colossus: 5
Strong Guy: 1

Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Match 19733 The Great Gonzo vs. T-800 (The Terminator)

Macklemore

"Gonzo, we need one of your high adrenaline acts and we need them now. The teen demographic wants to see people get hurt, and you seem like an obvious choice to bring us to the forefront," says Kermit as he pulls out an IPhone which has the "For you" page on X fully displayed.

"This isn't just people being hurt, this is pure torture. Do people that post on these websites have any type of sympathy?" asked Gonzo, not being able to take his eyes away from the posts even though he was infinitely disgusted by the contents.

"No, Gonzo, that's the whole problem. There's been a shift in what flies on TV now and people want more, well, edgy stuff. We need to broaden our horizons and accept that kind of fanbase. You're our way in," Kermit replies as he puts his phone down on the table between them.

"Alright Kermit, you've convinced me. But I want full creative control of this endeavor. Is that okay with you?" Gonzo asks as he stands up and tries to get ready.

"I trust you Gonzo. Don't make me regret that," Kermit says as he continues doing paperwork with the hopes of getting the new generation learn about the Muppets.

Walking out of Kermit's office, Gonzo immediately signals to the closest Muppet that he desperately needs a meeting with the financiers of the whole Muppet Show.

"Wouldn't it be easier to set up a meeting with officials from Walt Disney?" asks the non-descript Muppet in front of Gonzo.

"Easier? Do we even have the same definitions of that word?" he asks, grabbing a hold of the Muppet's clothing and pulling him up.

Opening the door to his office, Kermit peeks out. "Gonzo, you got Walt Disney people on the phone. They want to talk to you apparently."

"Apparently it is that easy," Gonzo throws away the Muppet, causing a large boom to sound across the Muppet Show headquarters. Walking back into Kermit's room, Kermit shrugs at him. "Comedic timing. It wouldn't have been as funny if I set up the meeting for you before you did your little back-and-forth with that guy."

"I'm savvy to how we operate Kermit, thanks," says Gonzo as he picks up the phone and puts on his diplomatic voice. "Yes, hello, I have a request."

"Walt Disney Foundation, how much money do you need?"

"I don't really know, enough to make an extravagant start to our new season."

"The money shall be wired to you. Thank you for calling. Good luck. *click*"

Gonzo set the phone down. "Well, that's where I get the money for cannons, rockets, and motorcycles. Also, if you can rent out an abandoned amusement park for me that would be great. Now to continue on with my ideas," he smiles. He's never really had the creative control he's been given today. It felt... nice. "Time to meet up with my favourite scientists. Kermit, you wouldn't happen to know where Honeydew and Beaker are, would you?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Excuse me Gonzo, you want me to crack time travel for you?" asks a puzzled Honeydew.

"And help create a suit that would allow me to take hits from a Terminator," said an excited Gonzo.

"Does Disney even hold the rights to Terminators? How do you plan on having this work? I don't really know if we can make it work from a legal sense."

"Don't worry about that legal mumbo-jumbo, if we do this under the guise of fanfiction, we can get away with it. But, I do want Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator."

"Right, we can make it work with deepfake technology now, it should be easy," says Bunsen as he walks over to Beaker.

"No! Old Schwarzenegger. One that had the amazing star power, the one that could singlehandedly pull people to watch things. Not the one that starred in Twins though. Or Jingle All the Way. Or the one where he gets pregnant," shudders Gonzo, scrunching his face up.

"That last movie did give me ideas a while ago," says Honeydew, moving his gaze toward an unsuspecting Beaker, who is focusing on his own work.

"So what do you say? Can you make it work for me, Honeydew? A suit for me, some kind of time travel mishaps and information beamed straight to the Terminator that makes it believe I am a form of past resistance."

"Should be easy enough. You can count on me, Gonzo. But just know, all of the Muppets are counting on you," says Dr. Bunsen, as he leaves the area.

"As if I needed the pressure of all that," says Gonzo as he leaves the two scientists to work on his requests.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rizzo, I need your help. We just purchased an abandoned parking lot and I need your help to rig it in my favor," says an exasperated Gonzo, realizing the big day is closing in. He was barely ready.

"You know I'm always willing to help you out, Buddy. What exactly do you need me to do?"

"Rig some bumper cars with explosives, put a bunch of traps in an abandoned haunted house, and I want the whole park, all the rides and attractions in it, to activate at midnight for additional hazards."

"Oh boy, Gonzo, couldn't you have asked for help sooner. I don't know if we can manage all of that in one day," shrugs Rizzo.

"What are you talking about, of course we can do it all in one day. We've done worse things in one day. Remember that one time we cleaned an entire theater in the Muppets Movie, the one from 2011?"

"Yeah, but we had a whole time man. All of the Muppets. Now it's just me and you."

"Ah, it's whatever. I believe in us. You gotta believe in us, too."

"If you say so."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wheeling in a special Muppet alloy suit outside of the amusement park, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker completed their end of the bargain. "Just as promised, this should stop some hits, but not all of them. You realize that this is extremely dangerous, right?"

"Yes, Bunsen, I realize that. That's part of the charm. People want to see me in this situation."

Beaker hands over a headset to Gonzo. "Mimimimimimimimimimimi."

"Right," says Gonzo, turning to Rizzo, "what does that mean?" Rizzo shrugs.

"Beaker will be communicating with you through this headset and we will be monitoring the situation closely. Now, Rizzo, come with us, Gonzo, put on that suit and run inside and hide," says Bunsen as he starts up the time machine needed to bring back the Terminator back to the past.

"Wait, finishing touches," says Rizzo as he grabs a brush and paints "RESISTANCE INSIDE" in black paint. "Perfect."

"It's 6 am now. You have 24 hours to run around from the Terminator and slap him around with various tricks, and if you survive by then, we will start an EMP that will deactivate him and crown you the winner."

"Perfect. It's going to be prime Arnold, right?"

"Yes, it's going to be Prime Arnold. Stop obsessing over him," says Bunsen as he throws some clothing at the entrance of the abandoned entrance for the naked cyborg that is about to materialize.

Gonzo smiles. "Alright leave, it's about to start."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terminator with no weapons, vs. an overly prepared Gonzo. Can Gonzo pull this off?

Man, we are so late at getting to this one, lol. 

Good set-up, Macklemore. The fourth wall-breaking and other self-awareness fits right in with the tone of the Muppet world. :) 

As for the match, I think Gonzo definitely survives whether his armor holds up or not. He's got like a toon-force level of damage soak. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Man, we are so late at getting to this one, lol. 

Good set-up, Macklemore. The fourth wall-breaking and other self-awareness fits right in with the tone of the Muppet world. :) 

As for the match, I think Gonzo definitely survives whether his armor holds up or not. He's got like a toon-force level of damage soak. 

Thank you! Hey, it's always a gamble to make these when draft is on. I'm just glad someone read it. :D

2 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

Yeah! Seems about right!

I'm not so sure, man.

The stipulation was whether Gonzo could survive for 24 hours. Sure, the T-800 could light up Gonzo with firepower and beat him to a pulp, but Gonzo has a near-toon force ability to take punishment. Sure, Gonzo would be a crumpled heap on the ground and about in more pain than he could probably imagine, but he'd still likely survive. 

• Like 1