Lori Quaid: 3

Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Match 19658 Cheshire vs. Shego

JohnnyChany

image.jpeg.f1d1b06cfc70a58a15d0c59d681345d7.jpeg

(NOTE: This is the Young Justice version of Cheshire as seen by her battle pic for this fight.)

Shego found herself in unfamiliar territory as she entered the dark city of Bludhaven. She kept her guard up as she jumped across rooftops in search of one particular building. It didn’t take her long to find it. On the outside, it looked like most of the rest of the Bludhaven skyline. But, it was on the inside that interested Shego. She snuck in through a high story window and quickly and quietly made her way downstairs.

Shego was tired of her time as Dr. Drakken’s sidekick. She was tired of going against Kim Possible. She wanted bigger, she wanted better. She was intrigued by the crime scene in nearby Gotham City. She could make quite the name for herself there she figured. She was confident in her abilities, but wanted to be sure. An opportunity to test herself was presented to her by a villain acquaintance, Senor Senior, Junior. He had stumbled upon an underground fighting circuit that resided in Bludhaven and was populated by all manner of highly skilled criminals. Shego just needed to get herself a shot in that ring to show off what she could do and confirm to herself that she belonged. She had a name she was looking for. A woman named Roulette. 

Shego drew close to a fancy office area when suddenly her phone rang. She had forgotten to silence it. She quickly answered.

“Shego!!” Dr. Drakken cried out. “Please come back! We make such a good team. None of this works without you!”

“None of it worked with me,” Shego corrected. “Your plans were needlessly complicated and they never went anywhere.”

Dr. Drakken was hurt. “After all we went through together, how could you say that?”

“And we weren’t a team,” added Shego. “You contracted me and more than that you were holding me back.”

“Now I know you’re angry but you shouldn’t say things you;ll regret Shego…”

Shego heard footsteps approaching her.

“Gotta go. Goodbye!”

“Shego! Wait….”

Shego hung up her phone as four mammoth men in bow tied tuxedos came into view.

“No one is allowed back here!” One of them threatened.

“I’m here to see Roulette,” announced Shego.

“I don’t think so.”

Two of Roulette’s security attempted to grab Shego but she knocked them down with a backflip kick. Her right hand flared up with green energy and she made quick work of the security team with her martial arts.

“You a hero?”

Shego’s attention darted over to the office doorway where a woman in a long red dress and a green snake tattoo wrapped around her body stood.

“I want to get into the fights,” stated Shego.

The woman in the doorway, Roulette, lowered her glasses to get a better look at Shego. “Hmmm, okay then. We are always looking for new blood. Step into my office.”

Shego followed Roulette through the door.

“What was your name?”

“Shego.”

“Look her up.”

A bespectacled man sitting nearby quickly typed away at his computer. “Here you go m’am.”

Roulette looked over Shego’s file and sighed. “Consistently thwarted by a high school cheerleader?  I’m not sure you have what we are looking for. I have a reputation of high quality fights to maintain”

“There were always extenuating circumstances and I believe I was playing down to the competition,” Shego insisted.

Roulette glanced outside her office as a couple of her security guards started to pick themselves up. She looked back at Shego. “Well, I did like what I saw out there. And you have a good look, I’ll give you that much. It actually reminds me a little of… yes, that’s it! That would be perfect.”

Shego was confused. “Huh?”

“I thought of a great first opponent for you Shego,” Roulette declared. “Come back here Friday night and you’ll have your chance to prove what you got.”

“I’ll be here.”

After Shego left her office, Roulette made a call. “Hey, it’s me. I got something for you. If you are looking for a tuneup before another round against the Justice Teens.”

A couple of nights later, Shego returned and found herself in a ring surrounded by gambling addicts and rowdy fight fans.

Roulette’s voice echoed through the arena. “WELCOME LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! We have a great fight for you tonight. A couple of deadly and gorgeous green gals will get it on! Get ready to place your bets!”

The crowd roared.

“Introducing first in her very first match, a feisty femme fatale with energy firing fists. Please welcome Shego!”

Another woman jumped into the ring. She wore green attire and had voluminous black hair, not unlike Shego. She wore a white Cheshire cat mask on her face and brandished a couple of sais in her hands.

“And her opponent,” Roulette continued. “Making her valiant return to the Glam Slam,, Ladies and Gentlemen welcome back the alluring and acrobatic assassin, Cheshire!”

Cheshire and Shego briefly sized each other up.

“How old are you?” asked Shego. “I can’t really tell with that thing on your face. It looks like you could be a classmate of Kimmy’s.”

“Old enough to take you apart piece by piece,” Cheshire retorted. “I’m going to enjoy it too. It feels like you are trying to appropriate my aesthetic.”

Shego laughed. “Yeah, as if. I would never be caught dead in a mask like that.”

Cheshire twirled her sais in her hands. “Interesting choice of words.”

The two women lunged at one another.

Good set-up, Johnny. It feels a lot like Shego just stepped into one of JLU's Meta-Brawl episodes.  One thing, though ... 

3 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

(NOTE: This is the DCAU version of Cheshire as seen by her battle pic for this fight.)

eye-twitch-twitch.gif

Lol, Cheshire was never in the DCAU, at least not in the canon proper. :D I think that pic is actually of Cheshire from Young Justice. 

As for the match, from what I've seen of Cheshire, she always seemed to be too much for all but the very best martial artists to handle one-on-one, regardless of medium. Shego's skills and energy hands might give Cheshire some trouble, but I don't think she's really quite on Cheshire's level. 

4 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Good set-up, Johnny. It feels a lot like Shego just stepped into one of JLU's Meta-Brawl episodes.  One thing, though ... 

eye-twitch-twitch.gif

Lol, Cheshire was never in the DCAU, at least not in the canon proper. :D I think that pic is actually of Cheshire from Young Justice. 

As for the match, from what I've seen of Cheshire, she always seemed to be too much for all but the very best martial artists to handle one-on-one, regardless of medium. Shego's skills and energy hands might give Cheshire some trouble, but I don't think she's really quite on Cheshire's level. 

LOL, my mistake. It's been a long time since I've seen an episode of Young Justice, I thought it was part of DCAU proper. Easy fix.

Thanks as always for the comments, DSkillz.

I feel people are underestimating Shego here, in her own show she was one of the best hand to hand fighters in the world, more than equal to Cheshire’s own status in the YJ world. That plus her energy beams I think will tip the scale in Shego’s favor.

To be clear if this was DC comics Cheshire it’d be completely different, but by cartoon feats only then I lean towards Shego.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.50 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - Venom 2009
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.60 - DSkillz
4.80 - Boratz
4.00 - broadwaybeyonder

FPA Calculation:
6 Total Votes cast
27.90 Total Combined Score
27.90 / 6 = 4.65 Final Rating on the match