Lori Quaid: 3

Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Match 19618 Roronoa Zoro vs. Olmec

JohnnyChany

image.jpeg.79ac3a9ab0a51989d0f98a5dd7f720f3.jpeg

The Straw Hat Pirates, consisting of Monkey D. Luffy, Nami, Roronoa Zoro, Sanji, and Usopp, landed on a remote island covered in fog.

“Are we sure this is the right place?” asked Roronoa Zoro.

“Yeah, this is it,” the navigator, Nami, confirmed. “This is the island containing the legendary treasure map of Redbeard.”

“I haven’t heard of Redbeard,” said Zoro.

“There is a Whitebeard and a Blackbeard, it would only make sense that there is a Redbeard,” Sanji reasoned. “Just because you haven’t heard of him doesn’t mean he doesn’t exist, Moss Head.”

“That wasn’t what I was saying,” Zoro insisted.

“I have heard all of the stories about him,” Usopp boasted.

“Everyone just remember we have to hurry, the temple containing Redbeard’s map is only accessible for a limited amount of time,” stated Nami.

“Nami and I will secure the Going Merry,” Luffy announced. “Zoro, take Sanji and Usopp and start looking for the temple containing the treasure map.”

“Shouldn’t the navigator help look for the temple?” Zoro wondered.

“C’mon, we can get a head start. Make sure there is nothing too dangerous for Nami before she gets there,” input Sanji.

Zoro relented and the First Mate, the sharpshooter, and the cook for the Straw Pirates all left the ship together. The trio didn’t make it very far inland before they were almost completely covered in fog. 

Sanji pointed in front of them. “I think I see some light in the distance, let's head that way.”

After a few steps, Usopp screamed. Zoro turned to his companions but all he could see was fog.

“Usopp! Are you okay?” Zoro called out.

“I’ve got him,” Sanji replied. “Looks like we hit a bit of quicksand.”

“I’ll help,” Zoro offered.

“No. Keep going. We don’t want to waste any opportunity to get into the temple. We will catch up as soon as we can,” answered Sanji.

In reality, Sanji was sitting next to Usopp behind a group of trees. The sharpshooter had been grabbed by Luffy and Nami who were hiding in the trees from Zoro.

“What’s going on?” asked Usopp/

“We are doing something very cool for Zoro,” replied Luffy.

“Zoro has been wanting to get better at his sense of direction, so we set up this whole thing to help him out,” added Nami.

Usopp smiled and then frowned and sighed. “I don’t get it.”

“The temple up ahead is actually a game,” explained Nami. “It is set up like a maze and you have a limited time to find the treasure and then return to the entrance. I have visited here several times and I always win!”

“Very impressive, Nami,” Sanji remarked.

Luffy lifted an eyebrow. “Well of course you won, isn’t this maze made for kids?”

Nami smacked Luffy in the back of the head. “I still hold the fastest record, jerk.” Nami turned back to Usopp. “Like Luffy said, it’s a game meant for kids. Even this fog is fake and just for atmosphere. I think Zoro should be able to do it, and it will build up his confidence.”

“I bet 30,000 berry that he fails,” Sanji declared. “I’ve seen Zoro get lost on a straight path.”

“I have faith in him, well some faith in him,” said Nami. “Although I do worry about how he will react when he runs into the ‘temple guards’. Once he realizes they are just performers and not a threat, he might give up on the whole thing.”

Luffy giggled mischievously. “I have taken care of that.”

“What did you do?”

“I convinced Olmec to let me replace his temple guards with real pirates that want revenge on Zoro from his pirate hunting days.”

Nami smacked Luffy in the back of the head again. “Why would you do that?!? We don’t want to put Zoro in actual danger!”

Luffy winced. “Ah! It will be fine, Nami! Zoro can handle them no problem, I’m sure!”

A little ways away from them, Zoro had reached the temple door. He was concerned about the absence of his friends but determined to complete the mission. He would secure the treasure map and then rendezvous with his friends. Near the temple entrance was a large stone face. Without warning the mouth began to move and the eyes glowed a red light that cut through the fog.

“Welcome adventurer, to Legends of the Hidden Temple!” Olmec proclaimed.

Zoro pulled out his swords. “What is the deal here?”

“You have come to claim the legendary treasure map of Redbeard, have you not?”

“Um… yes.”

“Then let me give you some tips before you enter the temple. You could start by running through the Room of the Three Gargoyles. Push in the right tongue, and the door might lead you down a staircase into the Wall Climb. Here, you must choose your next path. You could race up to the Observatory, spin the sundial, and pass into the Room of the Golden Idols. Once there, push down on their bases to release the doors. That may take you below, or lead you into the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. Assemble the statue there, and you may be headed for the Torch Room. If the elevator is up, you could jump in, and descend into the Mine Shaft. You might climb up the ladder, or plow through the stone wall. Find the key, and it may unlock the Tomb of the Ancient Kings. Allowing you to climb into the Swamp. If you escape, you may have a chance to sit upon the throne of the pretender. If the correct door is unlocked, you'll be able to crawl into the Pit of Despair, and finally make your way through the Cave of Sighs, and back to the Temple Gate. The choices are yours and yours alone. You have 5 minutes to find the map and return to the entrance before the entire temple sinks back into the earth. Good luck." 

“Wait a minute I should wait for my crew,” said Zoro.

“There is no time. Your five minutes begins now,” Olmec informed.

Zoro clenched his swords. "Ok. I've got this."

Zoro might have an advantage in speed and strength, but he would also have to deal with his poor sense of direction and his impatience. Knowing Zoro, and knowing how wacky One Piece can get, I genuinely believe that Olmec could get the best of him with misdirections and straight up lying to Zoro. I gotta give this to Olmec.

On 10/27/2023 at 12:51 AM, JohnnyChany said:

Thanks for the comment, Macklemore.

For those who did not have the pleasure of growing up with Legends of the Hidden Temple. Here is how the temple runs worked.

Man I really missed out on not growing up with Legends of the Hidden Temple, for a kids show it looks awesome.

It’s been a few years since I’ve seen an episode of One Piece, but unless Zoro’s sense of direction has improved during that time then he might be in trouble.

That's a pretty surprising victory for Olmec.

I mean for a Nickelodeon sports game mascot/host to defeat an exceptionally powerful One Piece character? Damn, that's a pretty solid win for Olmec right there!