Steve (Minecraft): 2
Jackson Storm: 0

Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Match 19601 Geralt of Rivia vs. Din Djarin

Macklemore

In the outlying village of Aldovia, nestled amidst towering pine trees and surrounded by verdant fields, emanated cries of terror and pleas for help. A grotesque monster, they claimed, had been tormenting them, gorging on their livestock and leaving its prints on their nightmares. The village blacksmith brought forth a pouch filled with coin, presenting it to a stoic character famous for such grisly matters - Geralt of Rivia, the Witcher.

With his silver sword gleaming faintly in the morning sun, Geralt listened to the terror-stricken villagers' descriptions of the monster - a beast with a lion's body, a scorpion's tale, and a chilling war cry that made the bravest men's blood run cold.

"There's simply no other option, Witcher," the blacksmith pleaded. "Without our livestock, we will starve, and our children won't survive the winter."

"I will do what I can," nodded Geralt. "Your description of the creature fits that of a Manticore, so rest assured at least your little village can sleep soundly while I go out and hunt this thing. Please advise everyone to not leave the secluded area of your place until after the hunt is done."

"Believe me when I say that no one wants to leave regardless of whether I relay this information or not," says the blacksmith.

Armed with the villagers' dire accounts, Geralt set out towards the west, where the monster was said to dwell. He tracked the monster's footsteps, littered amidst the muddied ground and disheveled foliage, towards a large, gloomy cave nestled between the crevices of two towering cliffs.

As he approached the cave, the Witcher noticed a strange figure lurking in the shadows. A metallic gleam betrayed the presence of armor, unusual for these parts. The figure was dressed in a helmet and body armor resembling a warrior from tales spun in distant galaxies.

Din Djarin, also known as the Mandalorian, checked his pulse rifle one last time as he surveyed the entrance of the foreboding cave. His bounty was a Manticore, a formidable beast rumored to have torn apart countless hunters. It mattered not to Mandalorian; a target was a target. And this target had a high price on its head.

Threading his way through the grim cave, the low guttural growl of the Manticore echoed ominously. Suddenly, the Mandalorian paused as he sensed another living being. He wasn’t alone. He turned sharply, weaponry ready, only to come face-to-face with a scarred but rugged face adorned with pure white hair. The man was armed as well, a gleaming silver sword rested on his back and his golden cat-like eyes surveyed the Mandalorian carefully.

"Who are you?" the Witcher barked.

"Someone who's been hired to do a job," Din's modulated voice bounced back. "Same as you, if I had to guess."

Geralt grunted, recognizing the tone of a fellow hunter. "A Manticore?"

"Bingo." Din affirmed, serious beneath the helmet. "I got a description of it and what to look out for as soon as I landed on this planet."

"Could get a bit messy. Two competing contracts," Geralt suggested, slight apprehension in his voice. “I don’t want any unnecessary bloodshed.”

"Agreed," the Mandalorian replied calmly. "How about we split the bounty? Two hunters are better than one."

Geralt nodded. He understood the necessity of unlikely alliances. "60-40, whoever actually manages to kill the beast gets the bigger share of the job."

"You want to turn this into a game?" asked Din, unsure of what the Witcher's intentions were.

"I need the money, I am running low on my end," the Witcher retorted.

"I see. I've also noticed that you are already under the impression that you've won," says Din, pointing his blaster rifle at the Witcher as if to imply that range will trump experience.

"I have," replied Geralt.

As if summoned by their agreement, the Manticore roared, shaking the cave around them. The monstrous creature emerged, wings beating furiously and tail thrashing. It was a nightmare come alive, its lion-like body armored with hardened scales and a scorpion’s skull-like tail thrashing violently.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Geralt of Rivia is from the Netflix series adaptation of The Witcher, and has his standard equipment, including his silver and steel swords, crossbow, bombs, and signs (Aard, Igni, Quen, Yrden, and Axii).
Din Djarin is from the Disney+ series The Mandalorian, and has his standard equipment, including his beskar armor, blaster pistol, blaster rifle with a disintegrator attachment, flamethrower, whistling birds, vibroblade, and jetpack.
Both combatants are in-character and have no prior knowledge of each other.
The battle takes place at night.

Which one of these will showcase their hunting prowess and which one will fail?

• Like 1

I would think that the Mandolorian pretty much takes this... I mean with all that tech he has, I don't see how Geralt would be able to cope with something like that.

• Like 1

Sorry Geralt but I’m betting on Mando. The Witcher’s magical abilities aren’t all together too different from Jedi force abilities and Mandalorians eat Jedi for breakfast. That plus Mando’s superior range, armor, and mobility with jet pack will net Din Djarian the win.

• Like 1

Wow, this is actually tougher than I thought at first. Both have quite a few powers/abilities, and Witcher has faced some really tough opponents wielding magic, fire and more. He's quick, strong and will definitely make this a tough fight (especially if it enters close quarters), but ultimately I have to give this to the armour. I can't see anything that Witcher can do to penetrate that beskar before he is hit with enough firepower to severly injure him. 

Win to Mando. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Culwych1 said:

Wow, this is actually tougher than I thought at first. Both have quite a few powers/abilities, and Witcher has faced some really tough opponents wielding magic, fire and more. He's quick, strong and will definitely make this a tough fight (especially if it enters close quarters), but ultimately I have to give this to the armour. I can't see anything that Witcher can do to penetrate that beskar before he is hit with enough firepower to severly injure him. 

Win to Mando. 

the winning condition for this fight was who could kill the Manticore first though.

I think the winner will still stay the same, so I guess it doesn't matter haha.

• Like 1