Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 19119 Final Fantasy X Group vs. Female Furies

JohnnyChany

image.jpeg.15e77f442b8560fd835a730616004ebb.jpeg

Sin had been destroyed, the cycle had been broken, peace had returned to Spira. As the summoner who had returned an eternal calm to the world, Yuna became the spiritual advisor to the entire planet. Such a massive responsibility took up most of Yuna’s time and energy so much so that she had no time to dwell on the fact that the man she had fallen in love with disappeared from existence after the defeat of Yu Yevon. Still those closest to her knew how much she missed him, they missed him too.

On this day, Yuna traveled to Bikanel to meet up with her Al-Bhed cousin, Rikku, in the Al-Bhed city, Home. Rikku had insisted that she had something urgent to discuss with Yuna, however this was a tact Rikku had used a few times before whenever she really missed Yuna and was desperate for an excuse for them to reconnect. Usually the facade would soon fade and Rikku would offer a half hearted apology for tricking her friend. This time however Rikku appeared very anxious.

“Yunnie! Yunnie! This is big!” Rikku declared.

Yuna lifted an eyebrow. “Is it now?”

“Absolutely. This isn’t like the other times. This is legit,” Rikku insisted.

“What’s going on?”

“It’s Tidus.”

The sound of his name caused Yuna to gasp.

“He’s alive,” Rikku continued, “And we can bring him back.”

“What? How?”

“With the help of my new friend, Spiral. She told me that if we help her out, she will help us out,” answered Rikku.

“Who?”

“Her name is Spiral. She is an interdimensional cyborg sorceress. Isn’t that cool? She is really into machina, just like me. I’m really jealous because she has six arms which makes it easier to work faster and…”

“Rikku!”

“Right. Sorry. Anyway she knows where Tidus is. She showed me visuals of him in some sort of space prison. I don’t know how he got there, but it’s definitely Tidus.”

Confusion spread across Yuna’s face. “That doesn’t make any sense.”

“I know, it’s crazy, maybe it’s better if I let her explain it,” said Rikku.

Spiral stepped out from behind a door.

“Apologies, High Summoner Yuna, I didn’t want to ambush you with this information, but I did not know of a better way to get to you. I know technology is still looked down upon by wide swaths of your world and I wasn’t sure the reaction of someone who looks like me would get beyond this island,” Spiral explained.

“You seem to know a lot about this world.” Yuna observed.

“I spend lots of my time watching other worlds. It’s… a long story,” stated Spiral.

“You know where Tidus is and how to get to him?” asked Yuna.

“I do. But to reach him you must first defeat a group of warriors that are threatening my world as we speak. Once they are beaten, we will regain access to the technology we require to reach Tidus.”

“Rikku said that you showed her Tidu…” Yuna began.

Spiral placed an orb on the table with her cybernetic arm and it projected a hologram image of Tidus alone in a cell.

“It IS HIM!” Yuna exclaimed.

“I told you,” said Rikku.

“I have seen you and your friends in battle. The array of powers and abilities you possess is just what we need to win the battle. I figured reuniting you with your love would be the best way to repay you that I could ever do. But we must hurry,” insisted Spiral.

Yuna was overwhelmed by the amount of information being thrown at her, but she was also exhilarated by the possibility of being reunited with Tidus. “Ok, let’s do it.” 

Rikku cheered. “Yay! We need to get the others.”

“Grab my hand,” Spiral offered. “I can get us around faster.”

Spiral, Yuna, and Rikku first teleported to Mt. Gagazet to recruit Yuna’s former guardian, the broken horned ronso, Kimahri. The stoic warrior joined immediately. The group found similar success when they traveled to Besaid Island, the home of Yuna’s former guardians, Wakka and Lulu. The blitzball player and the black mage quickly offered their assistance to help Yuna and find their lost friend.

image.jpeg.1c654c19f8f2944fdebacd43b1b04fe3.jpeg

“Of course we’re in, ya? If the roles were reversed I know Tidus would do it for us,” Wakka predicted.

Lulu agreed. “I am unsure of the danger we are walking into, but it is a worthwhile risk if it results in us being able to bring Tidus back.”

Yuna smiled. “Thanks everyone.”

“Now that you have all gathered together, it is time to go,” announced Spiral. “Make sure you make final preparations because there will be little down time before the fighting begins.”

The group picked up their weapons and equipped their most powerful spheres. Once they were ready, Spiral transported them to Mojoworld. They arrived in a desolate desert arena, not exactly what any of them were expecting.

“This area is kinda empty ya? Where are all the people on your planet?” Wakka wondered.

Spiral stepped back from the group. “They are all in their homes watching the show.”

“Show?” repeated Lulu.

The loud and obnoxious voice of Mojo himself filled the air. “That’s right! The show! And what a spectacular show it will be!”

“Spiral, what’s going on?” asked Rikku.

“I may have left out a few details earlier,” Spiral answered. “We know where Tidus is because we captured him. We had cameras set up in Spira and we saw almost every moment of your epic pilgrimage to defeat Sin.”

The voice of Mojo interrupted. “It was amazing! There was adventure, there was romance, there was self-discovery! Everything a program could want to ensure the biggest ratings and the highest audience satisfaction!”

“Unfortunately, audience interest began to wane after Tidus disappeared,” Spiral informed. “So we snatched him from Zanarkand to give the fans what they wanted.”

Mojo’s face was now superimposed on the sky. “But I can’t just give him back to you so that you can go back to Spira. Spira is such a dull place now, another ratings killer! You need action, you need peril, you need to be faced with impending death!”

“So, here’s the real deal,” said Spiral. “If you defeat our selected gladiators, you will get to go home to Spira with Tidus. If you lose… well you’ll die.”

“And don’t you worry, just to ensure the romantic subplot is front and center, Tidus is going to fight with you!” Mojo announced.

Without warning, Tidus was teleported into the stadium next to his friends.

“Tidus!” shouted Yuna.

“Yuna! How did you get here? What is happening?”

The two embraced.

“We are bringing you back,” Rikku stated confidently.

Lulu’s eyes remained fixated on Spiral as she thought over the possibility of engaging her in a magical duel. But there was one glaring piece of information they were still missing.

“Who are our opponents?”

“I’m glad you asked,” said Mojo.

A Boom Tube portal appeared at the opposite end of the stadium. Out walked Lashina, Gilotina, Mad Harriet, Bernadeth, Aremiz, and Stompa.

image.jpeg.1a4676d9ba7881b9667b53bfdecf89b5.jpeg

“May I present to you Darksied’s elite unit of women warriors, the Female Furies! The perfect crossover stars to spice up any program. Also Darksied allows me to cast them for cheap since it contributes to their training and exposes them to unique warriors from all over the galaxy, a win win!” Mojo explained.

“Hey, the teams aren’t fair, ya?” noted Wakka. “They have one more person on their side.”

“I don’t think he is concerned about being fair, Wakka,” stated Lulu.

Mojo was offended. “I absolutely do care! Ok not really but I was waiting for the right moment to introduce a surprise returning cast member for another emotional reunion. All the way from the Farplane….it’s Auron!”

Auron teleported in next to Yuna’s group.

“Sir Auron!” Yuna cried out with joy.

“It is good to see you, Yuna. I was told the whole story before I was transported. I can think of no better way to honor my two friends, Jecht and Braska, then making sure their kids can stay together.”

“Right on! The whole squad is here!” Wakka exclaimed.

“But for how long?” Spiral pondered before teleporting away with one final parting statement. “Good luck.”

The Female Furies approached the summoner and her guardians and each one paired off. Lashina against Wakka, Gilotina against Auron, Mad Harriet against Rikku, Artemiz against Kimahri, Bloody Mary against Lulu, Bernadeth against Tidus, and Stompa against Yuna.

Lashina cracked her whips. “Are you really about to do battle with a ball?”

Wakka spun his blitzball on one finger as ice, fire, and lightning circled around it. “This is no ordinary ball, ya.”

Artemiz aimed her bow and arrow at Kimahri. “I told the others that I wanted the first shot at felling the beast.”

Kimahri twirled his Spirit Lance and held it in front of himself ready to strike. “Kimahri is not a beast, Kimahri is a ronso. Kimahri is a warrior!”

The long blonde haired Gilotina pointed at Auron with her sword. “You are going to wish you stayed dead, old man. I just hope you can keep me entertained for a little while.”

Auron scoffed. “Youth is wasted on the young.”

The all-red vampire, Bloody Mary, taunted her black aesthetic opponent, Lulu. “It’s good that you are already dressed for your own funeral. I’ll make sure they bury you with your doll.”

Mad Harriet just laughed maniacally as she stalked toward Rikku.

“Great, how did I get paired off with the raging psychopath?” Rikku lamented.

Tidus exuded confidence as he prepared to cross blades with Bernadeth.

“So, are you like the mother to the other women here?” he asked.

“I will extend the torture before your death for your rude insolence,” Bernadeth threatened.

Stompa towered over Yuna. “I’m going to use these boots to walk all over you, girlie. Then I’m going to stomp you into nothingness. This isn’t even fair.”

“Don’t be so sure,” countered Yuna.

Yuna summoned the mighty winged aeon, Valefor. Valefor landed majestically behind Yuna ready to strike.

“Let the fun begin!” shouted Mojo.

image.jpeg.0ceef19da335a54e4c38e6529a564b8c.jpeg

Votes have been up a little bit so we've gotten out of the ties for the past two months maybe. 

I say the Furies take this. Like that other match They are Wonder Woman level. Final Fantasy can get that powerful but I don't know if TItus' group is there. Hopefully someone who knows them pretty well will chime in.

4 hours ago, leroypowell3 said:

Votes have been up a little bit so we've gotten out of the ties for the past two months maybe. 

I say the Furies take this. Like that other match They are Wonder Woman level. Final Fantasy can get that powerful but I don't know if TItus' group is there. Hopefully someone who knows them pretty well will chime in.

I don't think there are as many but Sonya Blade vs. Jonathan Blade just ended in a tie so it is easily possible.

As for the Final Fantasy X group's power level, since this takes place after the end of the first game, I would say that Wonder Woman tier is probably a fair comparison. At this point they have battled giant kaiju and the like.

image.jpeg.b8162042db490cad2189c2fbeb996be1.jpegimage.jpeg.d2bbbbeb0da39fa42f8c3de3d1cc83df.jpeg

For what it's worth the VS Wiki lists Tidus's power level at 4-A and Wonder Woman at 4-B. I don't think everyone in his party is as strong as Tidus but they all have strong individual abilities like Summoner, Black Mage, etc. The Female Furies also bring a multitude of abilities and skills to the table which I think is another reason this is a fun matchup beyond one team finally grabbing a win.

Another good set-up, Johnny, and looks like a good match-up. Don't really know enough about Final Fantasy characters to tell if they can stand up to some of Darkseid's Elite, though. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Boratz
5.00 - StormChaser
4.70 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.70 Total Combined Score
14.70 / 3 = 4.90 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Final Fantasy X Group: 3
Female Furies: 3

On 4/24/2023 at 1:52 AM, JohnnyChany said:

This match was 100% inspired by @broadwaybeyonder 's fun Project Rehab matches. One of these two teams will finally earn their first CBUB victory recorded in the history books.  Unless it ends in a tie, hopefully it doesn't end in a tie lol

On 4/29/2023 at 3:15 AM, Callisto said:

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Boratz
5.00 - StormChaser
4.70 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.70 Total Combined Score
14.70 / 3 = 4.90 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Final Fantasy X Group: 3
Female Furies: 3

Sigh. The gladiators of Apokolips and the heroes of Spira both remain winless. I tried lol.