Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

Waspinator vs. Grumble Bee
MATCH SCORE
Waspinator: 3
Grumble Bee: 2

Match 19118 Sydney Fox vs. Elsa Schneider

Boratz

A slight breeze from the surrounding seas pushed through the pier, which carried a smell of salt water from the ocean. Taking in a deep breath of the ocean air, the Professor of Ancient Studies closed her eyes and enjoyed the moment of peace before she was going to start yet another adventure. After being told about part of an ancient map that was found in the libraries of Venice, the Relic Hunter was excited to jump at the chance of studying this map. She was told that it was map that led to a tomb that dated back to the Acheron Empire. From what little she knew of the fabled Empire; they practiced a dark magic that threatened the entire ancient world. Legends say that after years of war, the Acheron Empire was lost over time. She was fascinated to try and locate this tomb to have a better understanding of this lost time in history. 

Before she set off on this new adventure, she was warned that there would be other interested parties in the discovery of the tomb and that she should not trust anyone. Sydney was well aware and even accustomed to facing the dangers that were associated with these hunts. The Professor of Ancient Studies accepted the assignment with full confidence. Sydney was told that one of the leading researchers that found the partial map would be meeting Sydney at the pier in Venice. She was not given much information on her contact other than that this person was named Dr. Schneider and that they held a doctorate in archeology. This Dr. Schneider had specialized in art history. As the boat was about to make port, Sydney was preparing herself for meeting this Dr. Schneider. The Professor of Ancient Studies did not know what to expect once she would step foot on that dock. She took one last breath of the ocean air and let out a steady sigh. 

Once the ship stopped, Sydney Fox walked upon the deck that laid over the ocean water. She glanced around in hopes that she would spot someone that would resemble a doctorate in art history. Her dark brown eyes moved along the crowds of people that were crowded along the docks. She did not see anyone at first that she recognized or that stood in the crowd. The lingering thoughts that perhaps this Dr. Schneider was late for their meeting was pressing down upon her. The Relic Hunter shook her head and groaned as she realized that she had no way of contacting this Dr. Schneider. Before she could mutter a curse word under her breath, she heard a voice from behind. Sydney slowly tilted her head and turned around to see the origin of this voice. Standing behind her, she saw a blonde woman with fair skin and a smile that went across her soft cheeks.

"Sydney Fox?" Dr. Elsa Schneider asked while slowly approaching the Relic Hunter.

"The one and only." Sydney said with a smirk while putting out her hand. "You must be Dr. Schneider."

Elsa softly shook her hand and nodded. "The one and only." She laughed while greeting the Relic Hunter.

"You are not who I was expecting." Sydney said with a warm smile.

"I get that a lot actually, but I am the one and only, Dr. Elsa Schneider." She replied while gesturing for Syndey to follow her.

The two women walked through the streets of Venice. They eventually made their way into an old rustic library that was once a church. While walking past the dust covered books that sat within this library, Sydney could smell that familiar scent of old books. She followed the blonde archeologist down into a private study that had part of a stone tablet laying on a table. The Relic Hunter's eyes squinted as she gazed down upon the map that dated back to before any known recorded history. Sydney took out a pair of glasses and threw them over her eyes. She leaned in closely to study the symbols that were carved into the ancient stone. Elsa stood back and smiled as she looked over the fascination that had taken a hold of Sydney Fox. While studying the symbols, Sydney reached for a notebook and started writing notes of things that she found upon this map.

Elsa glanced down at a small golden pocket watch that she had by her side. Several thoughts ran through mind while Sydney worked on deciphering the map. The archeologist sauntered to the window and looked outside the old library. Her eyes widened as they shifted throughout the passing people outside. The fair skin woman nodded once she recognized a man in a dark suit within the crowd of passing people outside the library. Elsa turned her head back and looked over the female Relic Hunter. While Sydney was deep within her work on studying the tablet, Elsa slowly started to approach the Professor of Ancient Studies. Elsa stood next to the Relic Hunter and leaned against the table. A soft smile formed over her red lips while she looked over Sydney Fox. The Relic Hunter did not take notice of the archeologist watching over her as her concentration was on deciphering this section of the map. While continuing to write down notes in her journal, Sydney heard the soft voice of Elsa speaking to her. 

"Find anything interesting?" Elsa asked.

Sydney leaned back in her chair and looked up at the blonde Austrian art professor. Sydney sighed while shaking her head. "Not much, I'm afraid. Without the other half of the map, it is useless."

"Before my associate's untimely disappearance, he thought he was onto something. He thought the other half the map was in the catacombs underneath France." Elsa muttered. 

"Do you know what happened to this associate of yours?" Sydney asked as she leaned forward with her elbows against the table.

"I'm afraid not. I trust that you are aware that there are other interested parties in the search for the tomb." Elsa responded.

"I am..." Sydney said while standing up from her chair. "It would not be the first time that I got involved in a dangerous situation."

"Where are you going?" Elsa asked with widened eyes as Sydney started packing away her journal and the tablet.

"You said that your former associate believed the other half of the map is in the catacombs underneath France." Sydney smirked. "We're heading to France."

From Venice to France, the two women traveled. After arriving at a townhouse, Sydney went to her room to prepare her equipment. Elsa took a deep breath as she knocked on the door and walked into the room. She was visibly shocked by all the tools that were scattered on Sydney's bed. The light blonde Austrian quietly looked over the different pieces of equipment and was about to reach down to pick up the handheld crossbow that Sydney had carried on countless adventures before. The Relic Hunter laughed while she reached down to pick up the crossbow.

"This has saved my rear on more than one occasion." Sydney joked.

"I can only imagine." Elsa said with wide eyes. "The catacombs go on for miles. Where do we even start?" 

Sydney pointed down at a map that she found in the library before they left. There were scribbles etched all over the map, but there was a section of the catacombs that had been highlighted. "Your previous associated seemed to have found where the other part of the map was. We should start around there."

"Very well then. I will get myself ready." Elsa said while leaving Sydney's room.

The light blonde archeologist sauntered into her room and looked through her pack. She let out a small breath while looking over a small pistol that she had kept concealed. Elsa realized that if she and this Relic Hunter had retrieved the other half of the map, she would need to make her move shortly after that. Elsa was well aware of Syndey Fox's previous exploits and she knew that she could not risk her escaping the catacombs. Elsa and her employers knew that the Relic Hunter could cause issues that they did not want to deal with. 

As Sydney Fox and Elsda Schneider ventured down into catacombs, Sydney started growing suspicious of Elsa and the disappearance of her former associate. With some of her past experiences, Syndey felt that it would be best to keep her guard up. The deeper they went, the thinner the air grew. Bones and skeletons scattered throughout the world beneath as they searched for the other half of the ancient map. After traveling through the mysterious catacombs, they entered the tomb of a fallen knight. As Sydney uncovered the tablet, she saw Elsa stepping back in the corner of her eye. Sydney quietly reached for her crossbow while Elsa drew her concealed pistol. 

"So, you are the reason your associate disappeared?" Sydney said while shaking her head.

"I did what I had to do. Now I am going to take the map. My friends and I are going to find the tomb. I am simply doing whatever it takes to obtain that fortune and glory that you have hunted your entire career!" Elsa exclaimed.

"Only if you are able to stop me!" Sydney hissed while drawing her crossbow. 

Sydney Fox has her crossbow. 

Elsa Schneider has a small pistol. 

Can Sydney stop Elsa from stealing the map and leaving her for dead? Or will Elsa defeat Sydney and steal the map?

Another great set-up, Boratz. You seem to be on a real Indiana Jones kick lately. :D 

As for the match, though it's gonna be tough with Elsa having already drawn on her, I think Sydney can somehow distract her long enough to take her down. Once Elsa's disarmed, I don't see her as much of a threat. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.80 - DSkillz
5.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - StormChaser
5.00 - JohnnyChany
4.00 - Pizzaguy2995

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
23.80 Total Combined Score
23.80 / 5 = 4.76 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Sydney Fox: 7
Elsa Schneider: 1

On 4/27/2023 at 3:35 AM, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Afraid I’ve never heard of Sydney Fox before, nor of the show she’s from.

She was the star of a show called Relic Hunter (which I just found out is now Free With Ads on YouTube! 😁). Sydney was basically a campier version of Lara Croft. As you see, she can hold her own in a brawl:

So, given that Elsa has fewer combat feats than Marion or even Willie, Sydney rightfully won this one.