Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 19117 Aladar vs. René Belloq

Boratz

Aladar and his family watched in horror while the stars in the sky once again rained down upon the world around. Trees were engulfed with the flames of the sky while ash had descended upon the living. Aladar led his family through chaos that was unfolding around them. The once promised paradise that was the Nesting Grounds was becoming a wasteland like the rest of the world. Little did the young iguanodon know, but the world that he knew

was nothing more than a memory. He heard the cries of his people ringing in his ears while Neera was attending to their children. Yar and Plio gathered their family to follow their adoptive son. Despite the imminent dangers that surrounded them and his own fears pressing down against him, Aladar knew that he had to lead his people out of this place. With the memories of Kron after the initial meteor strike, Aladar push his people out of the Nesting Grounds. 

Aladar heeded the warnings of his adoptive mother that a bigger star was coming. In his heart, he knew that the meteor that came was just the harbinger for something far worse. The young iguanodon looked upon his young children and hoped that he would be able to lead them to a new home. As the fires started to die down, Aladar was able to lead his people into a new dawn. With the knowledge that something far worse was coming, Aladar knew that he and his people would need to seek shelter to protect them from the stars in the sky. In the barren wasteland that once was the Nesting Grounds, Aladar and his people traveled through the world once again. Plio spoke of finding shelter in the heart of a mountain to help protect them from the coming star. Aladar set forth to find a mountain that would be large enough to protect him and his people from the danger soon to come. 

While he set his sights on finding this large mountain, Aladar felt that there would be other dangers on their journey. As they had faced predators of many kinds during their initial journey to the Nesting Grounds, they would again face the threats of carnivorous creatures that would prey on the weak. Aladar sighed while walking alongside Neera and his children. While he was overcome with joy and relief by hearing his children play with Zina, he was also overwhelmed by the fear of losing them to the dangers that were to come. Just as it were not long ago, they struggled to find food and water in this wasteland. With the memories that he had of Kron, he struggled while looking over Neera and his children. He wanted to continue to be the compassionate leader that his people looked up to, but he wanted to put his family first. He wanted to protect them from the oncoming star not matter what the cost. The herd had traveled for a great while until night had fallen over the land.

As he watched over his children, Aladar struggled to keep his eyes open. He was exhausted but he had to stay strong. Neera saw the distress in her mate. She looked to Plio and Yar for help in talking with Aladar. The three gazed over at the young iguanodon leader with concern. They listened to Aladar chuckle while hearing Zina snoring next to his children, but he quickly cleared his throat. With a deep breath, he fought to continue keeping watch over. Neera nodded at Plio and Yar as they steadily approached Aladar.

"You should get some sleep, Aladar." Plio said with a warm voice.

"You know that I cannot do that." Aladar responded. "I have to keep watch in case of danger."

"Aladar, you are scaring me. I see a lot of Kron in you." Neera said with a worried look.

"If what my mother says is true, then another star is coming. A much larger one. It's not just finding another place to live but finding somewhere to protect us from the impact. You have seen what the smaller ones have done. Imagine what the larger one will do. I cannot lose you and I cannot lose this family." Aladar argued.

"At what cost, son." Yar said with a slight smile. "You could lose everything before we even get there. You cannot lose sight of yourself."

"What am I supposed to do?" Aladar asked while lowering his head. "How am I supposed to lead everyone to safety?"

"Kron once told me of a large mountain." Neera responded with a worried look. "A large mountain surrounded by many others. Our parents told him that a star had crashed into the mountain ages ago and opened up a whole world within the heart of it."

"Where is this place?" Aladar asked.

"Not far. Another day's journey." Neera sighed. "But Aldar... Kron told me that this place was called the Mountain of Eternity. Everyone that went inside would disappear for eternity. They would never see the sunlight again."

"Right now, that might be the best chance we have of surviving. We could hide from the oncoming star from within the heart of the mountain, underneath the world.... We could save our people, our family, our children!" Aladar exclaimed.

By morning, Aladar led the dinosaurs across the barren wasteland. Through their long and perilous journey, he shared some laughter with his friends and family. They escaped dangers of many kinds by standing together. After a long journey, they had reached the valley that led to the Mountain of Eternity. Aladar could see that the skies were growing darker. He knew that impact of the larger asteroid was coming soon. The dinosaurs found an opening underneath this mysterious mountain, and made their way inside. As the dinosaurs went deeper into the mountain, a strange light started to illuminate their surroundings. Aladar's eyes widened as he watched his friends and family stop in their tracks. The bodies of the dinosaurs were turning to stone and becoming frozen in time. Aladar turned his head toward Neera and his children. With all the strength that he had, he tried to make it to them, but his movements started to slow. He felt his muscles failing as he too became frozen in time and space. 

For 65 million years, the dinosaurs were frozen in stone in this mysterious Mountain of Eternity. The impact of the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs had destroyed the opening to the mountain of legend. For 65 million years, the dinosaurs were waiting to be freed...

It was not until a group of excavators from a village outside the valley of the fabled mountain had dug into the earth. Sunlight beamed through the cave and shined upon the frozen stones that once were the dinosaurs that Aladar had led to safety. As the warm sunlight beamed onto the frozen stone bodies of the dinosaurs, they could feel their strength returning once again. Aladar broke free and watched as his friends and family joined him in the sunlight of this strange new world.

A soft cool breeze radiated off a beautiful lake while the warm rays of the sun pressed down upon gorgeous landscape. Sitting back in a chair and enjoying a glass of exquisite wine, Rene Belloq gazed out upon the crystal-clear water. He took a deep breath while a warm grin formed across his cheeks. One of his servants laid down a plate of cheeses from all around the world. A satisfied look fell over the face of the archeologist as he took a bite of one of the cheeses. His grin widened while the sweet sound of chirping birds filled his ears. While the treasure hunter enjoyed the life he had built from the relics that he acquired over his lifetime, there was a burning desire in his heart to obtain more. Belloq looked down at his journal and started writing down notes that had kept to his head. He had heard rumblings that his rival Dr. Jones was wanting to search for the Chachapoya fertility idol in Peru. Belloq chuckled while thinking about his many encounters with Jones and all the times that he had taken what Indiana had acquired. 

His moment of tranquility was soon interrupted by the arrival of an unexpected guest. Belloq could see that his servant was visibly shaken when he informed the egotistical archeologist about the arrival of his guest. Belloq nodded and waved his servant away. He took a large swig from his glass of wine before rising up from his chair. The treasure hunter gazed out at the beautiful water that surrounded his extravagant home once again before turning around to meet with his guest in his study. Upon walking into his home, he could see that his maids and servants were all visibly unnerved by the man that Belloq was meeting with. The archeologist nodded at them while opening the door to his study. Sitting in a red leather chair and facing away from the door, Belloq saw a man in a Nazi officer's uniform. After hearing the door open and close, Colonel Dietrich rose to his feet to face the treasure hunter. 

"What do I owe the pleasure, Colonel Dietrich?" Belloq asked with a forced smile.

A grim smile formed across the cheeks of Colonel Dietrich. He looked down at a bottle of wine that he had taken off of Belloq's shelf and then looked back at Belloq. "I am not one for the French wines. I prefer the German beers." Dietrich hissed.

"I am afraid I do not have any beers in my collection. If I would have known you were coming, I would have made arrangements." Belloq responded.

"Not to worry, Belloq. I will not be long. We have a job for you." Dietrich replied as he rolled his eyes and pushed the bottle away. 

"And who is we?" Belloq asked.

"Hitler has received word from our intelligence that a village has uncovered a cave that dates back to the prehistoric era. In some mountain called the Mountain of Eternity." Dietrich responded.

"Yes, I have heard the stories but why would the Fuhrer be interested in such a fable?" Belloq asked with a curious look.

"Hitler wishes to exhaust all possible resources in the age to come. The village was said to have uncovered something quite interesting." Dietrich replied.

"And what is that exactly?" Belloq asked.

"We our unsure. Our influence and intelligence do not spread to that country. At least not yet. We figured that you would be best asset to travel to the village and uncover what they found. Then you will take it by any means necessary." Dietrich responded with a sinister look. 

"I will make arrangements. I will expect my usual pay." Belloq responded with a grin. "And if there is anything worth taking, I want my legacy to be associated with the find."

"Fine." Dietrich replied.

After arriving in the country, Belloq and some of his associates rode to the nearby village. The sun was about to set and the treasure hunter gazed upon the mountain range that surrounded the village. He then glared at the fabled Mountain of Eternity. While staring at the Mountain, he heard footsteps from behind. Belloq turned to see a man with a white beard approaching him. Belloq recognized the man as a paleontologist that he had met years ago at a museum in South America. 

"Dr. Sattler, what brings you to a place such as this?" Belloq asked while putting out his arms.

"Rene Belloq, why are you here?" The paleontologist growled. 

"I hear that the Great Mountain of Eternity was opened!" Belloq exclaimed while gesturing to the large mountain in the distance. "But with you here, I assume all that there was to find was some dusty old bones."

"Nothing that is worth your time." Dr. Sattler while leaning against the railing.

"I see... Well, I'm sure that you and this lovely village would not mind if I took a look." Belloq replied.

"This land is sacred, Belloq. There is nothing for you here!" Dr. Sattler hissed.

With a large smile, Belloq responded with "There is always something for me. While digging up old bones is your religion. History and archeology is mine. I will have to see wha..."

Before the egotistical treasure hunter could finish his sentence,  he heard a noise in the distance. It was a noise not from man or any known living creature. Belloq turned his heard and looked out at the valley. With the sun setting, he could not see what was hidden within the dimly lit forest. The paleontologist sighed and closed his eyes while Belloq was trying to find the source of that sound. Before Dr. Sattler could tell the treasure hunter to be on his way, Belloq took a lantern and ran down into the valley. Dr. Sattler followed close behind. As Belloq ran, he heard more noises coming from the valley. He then felt as if the ground was rumbling beneath him. The archeologist stopped and slowly started approaching an opening in the trees. His eyes widened as he saw a group of dinosaurs drinking from a creek. The treasure hunter had no words as his mouth dropped open and the light from the lantern illuminated his face. 

Suddenly, an iguanodon in the group of dinosaurs roared out. The iguanodon glared back at the treasure hunter and their eyes locked. Belloq knew that this dinosaur must have been the leader of this herd of creatures. The other prehistoric creatures disappeared into the woods with the iguanodon not too far behind. Belloq heard footsteps from behind and slowly turned to see Dr. Sattler emerging from the woods. The paleontologist had a rifle gripped in his hands and aimed it at the treasure hunter. 

"You are not welcome here, Belloq." Dr. Sattler growled. "Leave now and tell no one of what you found."

"What you have discovered will change the course of history forever!" Belloq exclaimed.

"These creatures do not deserve to be studied and prodded. They are not relics to be sold on a black market and do not deserve to be hunted by poachers!" Dr. Sattler argued.

"You really think that little of me." Belloq said while looking down at the ground. "These animals are history that should he shared with the world. This discovery will change everything!" 

"I said LEAVE NOW!" Dr. Sattler yelled.

A gun shot echoed through the night as a crimson stain formed over Dr. Sattler's chest. The paleontologist dropped his rifle on the ground while his eyes looked over a concealed pistol that Belloq had on him. Sattler fell to his knees and looked up at the mercenary. 

"Please.... Belloq.... Please do not do this.... These animals, they do not deserve this..." Dr. Sattler pleaded.

"I am simply going to share history with the world." Belloq said with a grin while leaving the paleontologist to bleed out.

Meanwhile, Aladar and his family were running through the woods. After seeing the strange creature holding the light in his hand, he knew that danger was not far behind. The young iguanodon knew he had to protect his family and friends from this strange new creature. He knew he had that he had to lead them to safety.

Rene Belloq has a group of mercenaries and weapons. Can they capture Aladar and his herd? Or can Aladar escape the clutches of the ruthless archeologist?

Another great set-up, Boratz. Interesting new quest for Belloq to try to take advantage of. 

As for the match, I haven't seen Dinosaurs, but Aladar must be pretty smart and resourceful if he was able to lead his herd to where they could somehow survive prehistoric times. Still, I don't like his herd's odds against 20th century weapons and tech and someone as ruthlessly cunning as Belloq. 

Honestly it depends on what type of guns Belloq and his men bring. Modern day big animals like the Elephant and Rhinoceros possess extremely thick hides/skin and often require very high caliber guns to be able to safely kill them. While of course it’s impossible to know for certain whether Alador and the other dinosaurs hides are as tough as their modern day counterparts, if they are at least comparable to them and Belloq’s men aren’t packing the right guns the dinosaurs might just be able to rush and trample them to death.

5 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Honestly it depends on what type of guns Belloq and his men bring. Modern day big animals like the Elephant and Rhinoceros possess extremely thick hides/skin and often require very high caliber guns to be able to safely kill them. While of course it’s impossible to know for certain whether Alador and the other dinosaurs hides are as tough as their modern day counterparts, if they are at least comparable to them and Belloq’s men aren’t packing the right guns the dinosaurs might just be able to rush and trample them to death.

Given the era I could definitely see the mercs packing Elephant guns or antitank rifles. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - StormChaser
4.80 - Mercenaryblade
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.70 - DSkillz
5.00 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - Venom 2009

FPA Calculation:
6 Total Votes cast
29.50 Total Combined Score
29.50 / 6 = 4.92 Final Rating on the match