Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 19049 Tanjiro vs. Vax'ildan "Vax" Vessar

Pizzaguy2995

Tanjiro vs Vax’ildan “Vax” Vessar

🎶A greetings and hello to you good patrons of this bar!

🎶Come gather around and listen to a tale of heroes from long far!

🎶A group of merry misfits, a party full of wit!

🎶Vox Machina is our name! And let explain why we’re the shit!

🎶We’ve staked vampires, ghouls and witches! Kicked a dragon in its taint!

🎶We do it all with grace and style, enough to make the ladies (and gents) faint!

🎶So if you’ve ever in big trouble! If you ever feel like sitting ducks,

🎶Just call on Vox Machina and watch us kill some sorry fucks!

A series of claps and shouts of “Karaoke” resounded throughout the bar as the gnome on stage took a bow.

“Thank you! Thank you all very much! I’m here till Thursday! And don’t forget to tip your server!” The bard continued to grandstand until he was quite roughly dragged off the stage by a hand grabbing the back of his collar.

“Forgive me Scanlan, but I could have sworn we came here to look for information, not goof around,” The half elf rogue scolded his friend.

“I was getting to that my dear Vax, building trust with your audience is a key part of foreplay. You gotta tease the back door a bit before it opens up for you,” Scanlan clicked his tongue as he explained. 

“Truly your depravity knows no bounds Scanlan,” Vax’ildan Vessar signed in mild amusement.

“Well unlike some people I actually took the time to ask around for this ‘Demon Slayer Corps’ we’re looking for,” Came the snarky voice of the half-elf ranger, Vex’ahlia Vessar. “But no one here has heard of them either.”

“And I couldn’t find any information on them at the town hall or library either,” the intellectual voice of human gunslinger Percival “Percy” de Rolo joined his friend’s discussion. “It’s so aggravating! If this organization is as renown as I’ve heard surely someone would be able to tell us something about it!”

“No offense Percy, but are you quite certain this so called ‘Demon Slayer Corps’ truly exists? This wouldn’t be the first time your ‘research’ turned out to be utter bullshit,” Vax pointed out.

“Oh course I’m certain! I wouldn’t have us travel so far from Tal’Dorei on a whim!” Percy indignantly responded.

“Remind me again why we need to find these Demon Slaying tools again? Don’t tell me you think we’ll need their help against that pussy Thordak. We’ve already put two dragons in the ground haven’t we?” Scanlan asked with much gusto.

“Thordak is FAR more powerful then either Umbrasyl or Brimscythe! We’ll need all the help we can get just to have a chance against him! Besides it’s the swords these Demon Slayers possess that I’m interested in,” Percy paused to pull out a napkin to clean his glasses before continuing. “Supposedly the swords are able to cleanly kill creatures with regenerative abilities equal to dragons. I had hoped to at least be able to study these weapons and see if they could give us some sort of advantage against Thordak.”

“And we appreciate you using that big brain of yours to think of ways to kill genocidal dragons Percy darling, but I’m really starting to think that finding the Demon Slayers is a bust,” Vex soothingly tried to explain to Percy. “Besides I think we’re about to have bigger problems to deal with.”

“You got a fookin’ problem with me fancy pants? Cause I killed the last fooker who had a problem with me!” The thundering, slurred voice of the goliath barbarian Grog Strongjaw bellowed from the other side of the bar.

“And I killed the second to last fooker who had a problem with him!” The equally loud and equally intoxicated voice of the gnome cleric Pike Trickfoot backed up her friend. 

“My problem is with that red haired witch who sneezed fire onto my food and then puked on my clothes when I asked for an apology!” The outraged patron pointed an accusing finger at the red haired elf behind Grog and Pike.

“I-I’m not drunk! Y-your drunk! Wh-who says I can’t hold my liquor?!” The obviously plastered elf druid Keyleth proudly proclaimed before immediately losing her lunch again on the pub floor.

“She gave you a free magic trick and you fookin’ yelled at her for it? How much of an ungrateful bastard can you be?” Grog demanded before downing the last of his sake.

“Yeah! Get over yourself and quit being a pretentious prick arse!” Pike added on.

“Rokudenashi no gaikoku hito!” The patron yelled at them in his native language.

“I don’t know Grog, but it sounds like he just asked for a fist up his arse to me,” Pike grinned wickedly.

“Well luckily for him, I’m the fookin’ king of fisting arses!” Grog declared as he cracked his knuckles.

“Oh for goodness sake! Okay new plan: Scanlan help me collect our friends before they-“

“Sorry Percy, but the crowds asking for an encore and you know Scanlan never leaves his customers wanting,” Scanlan was already climbing back on stage before Percy could stop him.

“Blasted little- Alright fine, Vax we gotta get Grog and the others out of-“ Percy turned to find Vax already making his way to the exit.

“You want me to rent us an inn for tonight? Sure thing Percy, bring along the others when your done here,” Vax sarcastically waved before leaving.

“Vax! You absolute- grrrrrr! Vex surely I can count on you to-“ to Percy’s dismay Vex was already following her brother.

“I have every confidence in you Percy darling, best of luck!” Vex blew Percy a kiss before taking her own leave.

“Oh you’ve got to be fucking joking,” Percy grumbled, eyebrow twitching as he could hear the tell-tall sounds of his “friends” destroying yet another bar behind him.

“Not very sporting of you to leave poor Percy to clean up our friends mess by his lonesome sister,” Vax teasingly chastised his twin.

“I could say the same to you brother dear, besides what kind of sister would I be letting you wonder a foreign land unaccompanied?” Vex teased him back.

“Please, how many times have I had to save your arse again Stubby?” Vex raised his brow at her.

“Not nearly as many times as I’ve saved your arse,” Vex nudged him lightly.

“So your the foreigners asking about the Demon Slayers Corps.”

Both Vax and Vex stopped mid step. Even though they were walking in a very crowded, bustling street with plenty of people talking somehow they heard that sinister sounding voice as though it had been whispered directly into their ears. Gripping their weapons, the twins glanced across the street to see a dark figure staring at them from across the street. He appeared to be be human in appearance, if it wasn’t for his unnaturally pale (almost corpse like) skin complexion and those deep red eyes, slitted like a cat’s, starring right at the half-elf twins intently, unblinkingly, both siblings felt their skin crawl and the hair on the back of their necks stand up under the gaze of those unnatural red eyes.

“Not here. Follow me.” The mysterious figure turned and disappeared into the dark alley behind him, apparently expecting the twins to follow him.

Soooo, are we really gonna follow the creepy, crazy eyed bastard into a dark alleyway where no one will see him murder us or drink our blood? Or both?” Vax sarcastically asked his sister.

“I mean, I guess we can just head back to Percy and the others if you wanna admit your scared,” Vex offered him.

“Counter point: you admit your scared first and then we go find the others,” Vax insisted firmly.

“Brother dear, are you honestly gonna risk getting your blood sucked again rather then admit your scared?” Vex raised a brow at him.

“And all the teasing that comes with that? Afraid so. What about you?” Vax glowered down at her.

“….Guess we both got too big of egos.” Sighed Vex before both she and her brother followed the sinister looking stranger into the dark alley.

At the end alleyway the only source of light was a seemly lit lantern that looked to only minutes away from going out. It was there where the foreboding man stood waiting for them.

“Alright then Mr. Smooth Criminal you’ve peaked our interest. You know about the Demon Slayers?” Vax apprehensively asked him.

“I know much about them. In fact I can tell you anything you wish to know about them,” the man spoke in a gravely unsettling voice.

Riiiiight, I assume you’ll be wanting money or something? Cause I’m afraid we’re a little broke right now mister…?” Vex gestured for a name.

“Muzan Kibutsuji. And all I ask of the two of you is to stop looking for the Demon Slayers, they are a dangerous people and they don’t like it when others ask about them. Particularly foreigners,” Muzan Kibutsuji warned them.

“Admittedly I wasn’t paying attention much when Percy talked about them, but shouldn’t a group called Demon Slayers be only a threat to, you know, demons?” Vax sarcastically asked.

“Tell me, do you know the difference between a human being and a demon?” Muzan quizzically asked.

“Uhhh, can’t say off the top of my head, but I assume I’d know a demon if I saw one,” Vax shrugged.

“Would you it then and there if you saw one? Even if it begged for its life? Even if it swore it wasn’t a demon? Even if it had a family? A wife and a daughter? Would you kill it and anyone who would defend it all because you know a demon when you see it?” Muzan let the series of hard questions hang in the air for a bit before continuing. “Suppose your master, someone who took you in when you had nothing, feed you, clothed you, told you everyday that you were destined for great purpose, that the strength of your character and your skill with a blade was the only thing standing between your nation and utter ruin? What if he told you everyday that there were ‘demons’ somewhere out there hiding amongst the population, waiting to murder and kill? Would you hesitate to kill on his command? If he told you his rival clan leader was a demon? If he told you someone who failed to pay back a debt was a demon? If he said a random citizen who talked to a foreigner about the Demon Slayer Corps was a demon? How many people would you kill if you thought they were demons who deserved to die?”

The half-elves exchanged puzzled looks between themselves before looking back at Muzan with equally confused expressions.

“So what you’re saying is that these Demon Slayers are like some kind of cult like secret police out to kill anyone that challenges their power?” Vex’ahlia finally asked.

“I’m saying that you and your group should leave Japan while you still can. My sources tell me three Demon Slayers are on their way here now, investigating why a group of foreigners are asking around about them,” Muzan grimly told them.

“Well thank you very much for the time and information Muzan, it’s been a real Thriller,” Vax’ildan snarked before the twins started to leave. “Oh and one more thing. What are the odds that a Demon Slayer would trade us their sword?”

“A true Demon Slayer would sooner die then give away his sword,” Muzan replied without hesitation.

“Thanks again. Guess we’ll Beat It then.”

The twins disappeared into the night. As they left the man known as Muzan Kibutsuji allowed a small smile to spread across his face. This should prove to be interesting.

“Squawk! Squawk! Muzan Kibutsuji spotted to the East! Spotted making contact with a group of foreigners! Ones who have been asking around for information on Demon Slayers! Squawk! Squawk!”

He’s involved in this now? So those group of foreigners do they work for him? Are they demons also? Tanjiro Kamado thought to himself.

“Mwahahaha! Hear that Kamaboko? I was right! Those foreigners are demons and we get to freaking kill them all ourselves! Betcha I’ll kill more of them then you two weaklings!” The shirtless youth wearing a boar’s head as a mask cackled on glee.

“WHAT? ARE YOU TELLING ME ALL SEVEN OF THEM ARE DEMONS? AND THAT THEIR SPECIAL ENOUGH FOR MUZAN KIBUTSUJI HIMSELF TO MEET WITH THEM? OH WE ARE DOOMED! DOOMED I TELL YOU! NO WAY WE’RE GONNA SURVIVE THIS!” Came the hysterical screaming of the blond haired boy in the white and orange haori.

“Stop it! Both of you! Zenitsu, how many times do I have to remind you that we have survived countless battles with demons before? We beat them before, we can do it again!” Tanjiro reassured his blonde companion before turning to the boar headed one. “And Inosuke we can’t just decide their guilt before we even see them. Our mission is to investigate them and find out if they’re a danger to us or not first and foremost.”

“What are you a coward? You heard the damn birds didn’t ya? They’re meeting with our fucking sworn enemy! And you know the old saying: the friend of my enemy is my enemy!” Inosuke ruthlessly said.

“It goes: the enemy of my enemy is a friend. And again for all we know this could just be a coincidence! We need to keep an open mind about this!” Tanjiro insisted.

“OH GOD! OH GOD! I DON’T WANNA DIE HERE! I HAVEN’T EVEN GOT A GIRLFRIEND YET! HECK FOR THAT MATTER I HAVEN’T EVEN KISSED A GIRL YET! OH GOD WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING WITH MY LIFE? RISKING MY NECK FIGHTING DEMONS DAY IN AND DAY OUT WHILE COUNTLESS OTHER JERKS GET TO FIND LOVE, GET MARRIED AND RUB IT IN MY SINGLE FACE? WHAT KIND OF JOKE IS THIS?” Zenitsu continued to lament his lot in life.

“Zenitsu I keep telling you to have more confidence in yourself! You’re a great fighter, you’re gonna be fine!” Tanjiro tried again to reassure him.

“THE TOWN’S JUST AHEAD OF US! WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO TANJIRO?” Zenitsu wailed in horror.

“If you two will just hear me out, I have a plan for how we’re gonna-“

“Oh fuck that shit! You two weaklings can go take a nap for all I care! I’m gonna hunt some fucking demons!” Inosuke declared before running towards the city.

“Inosuke wait a second!” Tanjiro called out in the wake of Inosuke’s dust cloud. A second cloud of dust told him his second companion was also leaving him. “Zenitsu where are you going?” 

“THE PUB OF COURSE! I GOTTA FIND SOME WOMAN WHOSE WILLING TO AT LEAST KISS ME BEFORE I DIE!” Zenitsu declared before he disappeared.

“You’re not even old enough to drink!” Tanjiro called out in vain before sighing and dropping his head in frustration.

“Mmmph, mmmph?” Came the muffled voice of his one ally who hadn’t left yet.

“Yeah I know they’re a bunch of idiots. But they got potential to be greater than they think.” Tanjiro breathed in before addressing the girl with the bamboo muzzle. “Glad I can rely on you at least Nezuko.”

“Mmmph mmmph,” Nezuko cheerfully replied.

“But before we get to town you should probably get back in the basket,” Tanjiro sadly informed her.

“Mmmph! Mmmph!” Nezuko voiced her distaste in the accommodation.

“I know you don’t like it, but they’ll be too many people there and also if the sun rises early I could lose you,” Tanjiro gently explained.

“Mmmph, mmmph mmmph,” Nezuko finally agreed and hoped back into the basket.

“I haven’t forgotten our promise Nezuko, one day I’m gonna change you back into a human and then you’ll never have to hide again,” Tanjiro assured her, picking up the basket and heading towards the town.

Now let’s see here, even if I give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they aren’t in league with Muzan Kibutsuji, why other reason could they have for seeking out the Demon Slayer Corps? Heck how in the world do they know about us? The Master has kept our organization a secret from even the Japanese government itself, so how did a group of foreigners even hear about us? Tanjiro thought to himself as he approached the outskirts of the town. Also even if they didn’t start out working for Muzan,I’ve seen him turn regular people into demons with a single scratch, so if he did make contact with them what are the odds that he didn’t turn them into demonic thralls of his? I know it isn’t fair for me to assume the worst, but if he’s given them the power of an Upper Rank demon then I can’t afford to-

Sniff, sniff.

Two scents in the air. One of them still far off, but the other to my immediate right, hiding in the shadows.

Tanjiro drew his katana just in time to deflect a thrown dagger that landed with thunk into the ground steel first. Gently yet hastily putting the basket down Tanjiro readied his stance and grit his teeth as he watched his opponent walk out of the shadows. Tanjiro immediately took notice of the man’s long, dark brown hair, his black studded leather armor with feathers, and the uncannily pointed ears that he possessed. To the young man’s surprise the knife in the ground suddenly disappeared and reappeared right in the man’s hand!

He’s not human. No doubt about that. And he reeks of the smell of blood. He has to be a demon! There’s no other explanation!

“This is embarrassing. Must be off my game if you saw me coming. But let’s cut to the chase, I’m gonna need that sword of yours,” he explained as though it wasn’t a big deal.

“You will never have it demon!” Tanjiro shouted defiantly.

“Well, so much for diplomacy.” 

So my favorite new anime vs my favorite new cartoon. Both are awesome big bros trying to protect their sister from a very harsh world where death is always around the corner, but which one will walk out of this alive?

Fight takes place just outside of a large town, in a mostly wooden area. Both Tanjiro and Vax will have their standard gear. 

Edited by Pizzaguy2995
Story Posting

A combo fight. I like it. For this one, I am going with Tanjiro. Judging solely on the videos provided, Vax appears to have the superior speed, but I think Tanjiro's durability will buy him enough time to find an opening to secure victory.

• Like 1

Good set-up, Pizzaguy. :) Given that I'm subscribed to Amazon Prime, I might have to check out this Legend of Vox Machina when I get an opportunity. 

Not sure why the big dude in their group look so much like Drax the Destroyer, though ... 

Anyway, as for the match, I'm kinda leaning toward the Tanjiro kid myself. Yeah, Vax is quicker and has the superior reach, but Tanjiro appears more resilient and to have more powerful attacks. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

Good set-up, Pizzaguy. :) Given that I'm subscribed to Amazon Prime, I might have to check out this Legend of Vox Machina when I get an opportunity. 

Not sure why the big dude in their group look so much like Drax the Destroyer, though ... 

Anyway, as for the match, I'm kinda leaning toward the Tanjiro kid myself. Yeah, Vax is quicker and has the superior reach, but Tanjiro appears more resilient and to have more powerful attacks. 

Thanks so much DSkillz, and please do check out the Legend of Vox Machina, it’s truly an amazing show! 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - StormChaser
4.70 - DSkillz
5.00 - Boratz
5.00 - JohnnyChany

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
19.70 Total Combined Score
19.70 / 4 = 4.92 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Tanjiro: 5