Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 19048 April O'Neil vs. The Order of the Coagula

Project: Rehab.  Case #4 Session 3

PREVIOUSLY: After April and Charley managed to break the hypnotic control that Jeremy had placed on them to make them fight, Jeremy decided to place them in another life-threatening scenario for his amusement.  He hid Charley in the center of a hedge maze and released a mind-controlled Otis B. Driftwood into it, forcing April to race to find her before the psychotic killer did. 

*To read more about how that match went, click here!   Match 18930 April O'Neil vs. Otis B. Driftwood - CBUB Rated Matches - The Magnetic Ferret Message Boards

NOW

April could hear the bullets fly past her as she darted around a corner in the maze, followed by the sound of Driftwood’s voice.  “RUN, RABBIT!  RUN!!”  April started running faster as the sounds of a machete cutting through the hedges seemed to come from all around her.  Figures that that punk Jeremy Armitage would give Driftwood every advantage he could after April spoiled his fun. 

In her rush April didn’t notice the root sticking out of the ground that caught her foot and sent her sprawling.  She cried out as she felt the pain of a twisted ankle.  She looked up behind her to see Otis pushing the last remnants of greenery out of the way.  He pointed the machete at April as she tried crawl away.  “It’s all over now, mama.  Now we can go to work.”  April breathing quickened as she tried to steady herself.  “Please.  Armitage is using you!  He’s hypnotized you to do this for him!  He’s treating you like his puppet!  You really are going to kill for him?!”  Otis B. Driftwood’s eyes seemed to register April’s words for a moment, then they narrowed as he advanced on her with the machete raised.  “What makes you think that I wouldn’t want to kill you for nothin’, lady?  If what you say his true, I’ll gladly paint the walls of that Ken doll’s house with his blood!  But doesn’t mean we can’t take some time to get to know each other.” 

“Actually,” said April.  “I think I know all about you I need to know!”  She kicked out with her injured leg and caught Otis low.  The killer snarled as he doubled up in pain and dropped the machete, leaving April free to scramble to her feet, pick it up, and dart around the corner.  She fought through the pain of her ankle as raced deeper into the maze, nearly running head long into dead ends.  The sounds of Otis’ curses and threats continued to push her forward. 

Suddenly April burst into an open space.  The maze branched off from the clearing in multiple direction, but in the center, laid out on a stone bench was Charley.  The mechanic was just as Jeremy had described, unconscious and unmoving.  Her goal in reach, April hobbled to the bench and checked Charley’s pulse.  “Still alive at least,” April said.  She rolled Charley to her side to reach for the envelope placed in the back pocket of her jeans.  April ripped open the envelope and read the card inside.  “Rise and shine?” 

Charley gave out a gasp that startled April.  She looked up April and groaned as she held her head.  “April!  Where are we?  Oh, don’t tell me that jerk Armitage did it to us again!”  April helped Charley to her feet and started walking her toward the wall of the maze.  “No time to explain!  We’ve got to get out of here!” 

“But how?  Which way is the way out?”  April swung the machete and started chopping away at the hedges.  After a few seconds she had carved a small gap in the maze to the outside.  “This way!  Now come on!”  Charley squeezed through the hole in the wall as April pushed the remains of the hedge back.  Another gunshot rang out as she jumped through and landed clutching her ankle on the grass next to Charley. 

“Well, I guess that makes it two times you’ve saved my life tonight,” said Charley.  “You can thank me later,” said April.  “We’ve got to let the Turtles know about this place so they can shut the Armitages down for good!” 

“Right!” Charley paused as she realized what April had said.  “Did you say… turtles?” 

“Yes,” said April defensively.  “What about your friends?  Who are they?” 

Before Charley could answer they could hear the sound of engines and see headlights approaching them.  “Quick!  Get to the trees!” shouted April.  “We can try to lose them in the woods!  Come on!”  She tried to stand and winced in pain as Charley helped the rest of way.  “If we can get to road we’ve got a chance!  Let’s go!”  The two women ran as fast as they could into the forest. 

Two jeeps pulled up to the hole in the wall of the maze.  Jeremy climbed out of one, and his father Dean from the other.  “Just when I thought this couldn’t become even more of a fiasco,” Dean said, scowling at Jeremy.  “Dad, I’m sorry!  We can get them back!  And then I’ll kill them both myself, those little…”  Jeremy was stopped by Otis’ arm breaking through the foliage and grabbing him by the neck.  Roman and Georgina leapt out from the jeeps as Dean warned them off.  “Mother!  Father!  Stay back!”  Jeremy gasped for breath as Otis pulled himself clear of the maze.  “Where did they go, boy?!”  he growled.  “Tell me where or I’ll make sure that ALL of you looks like a Ken doll!  You got that?!” 

“S…s…SINK!”  Jeremy choked out.  Otis’ eyes rolled back in his head and he collapsed.  Jeremy fell next to him massaging his throat and looking up at his father.  But Dean Armitage was already walking to Roman giving instructions.  “Get on the radio and get Missy.  Tell her to round up the rest of Order and tell them to arm themselves.  Those women need to be stopped before they tell the authorities what they know.” 

“Why should anyone believe them?” asked Georgina.  “No one will believe what those girls say they saw here tonight.”  Dean took Georgina’s hand.  “I’m sorry, Mother.  We can’t take any chances.  They’ve seen too much.   And this O’Neil woman is a reporter.  She can’t be allowed to live and tell her story.”  Roman nodded.  “Dean is right, dear.  Both of these ladies must be eliminated.  But what about our Mr. Driftwood?”  Dean glared at Jeremy, still nursing his throat next to the unconscious psychopath.  “Get him in the jeep, son.  Maybe the two of you will manage to do something right before the night is over.”  Jeremy slowly rose to his feet and lifted up Driftwood by his underarms grumbling as he dragged him to the jeep.  “Yes, Dad.” 

OK:

April and Charley are being pursued by 20 members of the Order of the Coagula (plus Otis) in the woods.  The Order is armed with rifles and must stop April and Charley before they can find help. 

Game On! 

Have to go with April (and Charley).

I like the match and I give the setup a 5.0.

• Like 1

Good set-up, broadway. That was a good close call for April and Charley. 

Speaking of, you really could've added Charley officially for a 2-on-1 here. IIRC, IKA recently made it so that all types of matches count towards the profiles' records, not just 1-on-1's. 

As for the match, the Order could probably use their hypnosis-like commands to take over a good portion of the town, but I don't really know how clever they are since I haven't seen Get Out. April and Charley probably have a good shot to get out of this, though, if they get enough of a head start. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Speaking of, you really could've added Charley officially for a 2-on-1 here. IIRC, IKA recently made it so that all types of matches count towards the profiles' records, not just 1-on-1's. 

I don't think that happened just yet. For all we know IKA is still working on it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JohnnyChany said:

I feel like you are trying your hardest to get April killed, and I don't appreciate it lol. In all seriousness, this was another great entry in the story Broadway. I still have faith that April (and Charley) will come out on top.

LOL.  It's all a part of the arc.  Project: Rehab was my way of trying to improve W/L records of characters that have next to no wins and tons of loses (like April) and give some entries that have no matches their debut.  It will come to an end after this one either way, but I hope my next subject does as good as April.  Glad you like the story!  

• Like 1

The thing about always getting into trouble is that eventually you become quiet skilled at getting out of trouble. I‘m voting April because after years of being menaced, abducted, and held hostage by Shredder’s forces she’s become an expert at outwitting and outfoxing the worst of villains.

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - StormChaser
5.00 - JohnnyChany
5.00 - Yukimuraster90
4.40 - DSkillz
5.00 - Venom 2009
5.00 - Boratz
4.00 - Pizzaguy2995

FPA Calculation:
7 Total Votes cast
33.40 Total Combined Score
33.40 / 7 = 4.77 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
April O'Neil: 5
The Order of the Coagula: 3

THE BOTTOM LINE

The sounds of motors reverberated against the trees as jeeps driven by members of the Order drove through the woods.  One jeep carrying Georgina, Roman, and two guards slowed to a halt as the headlights caught sight of April on the ground clutching her ankle.  Roman and the guards got out of the jeep and strode towards April.  “Well now,” Roman said smugly.  “It isn’t safe for a young lady to be out alone on a night like this.” 

“Please, please don’t hurt me,” April begged.  “Roman, dear!” Georgina called from the jeep.  “Could you hurry along and kill her already?  I wouldn’t want Dean wandering the woods at all hours.” 

“Of course, dear.  Calvin?  Please see to Miss O’Neil.” 

“AAAAAAAH!!” 

Roman and his guards spun around to see Charley running at them full speed with the machete raised high.  Before they could react, she had brought it crashing down on Calvin, separating his right arm from his shoulder.  He let out a piercing wail as April swept the leg out from under the other guard and Roman started running as fast as his stolen legs could carry him, past the jeep and back towards the mansion. 

“Roman!  Come back!” Georgina yelled.  “Don’t leave me with…”  Georgina fell silent as she saw April and Charley before her, April holding Calvin’s revolver and Charley still holding the machete.  Putting on her best smile, Georgina slowly scooted away from the two women.  “Now, girls.  I’m sure we could figure something out.” 

“Oh, shut up and get out of the jeep,” said Charley.  Georgina opened her mouth to speak but stopped herself with one look at April’s face.  “I’d listen to her if I were you,” April said.  Her eyes wide with terror, Georgina fumbled out of the jeep and tore off after her husband. 

“Can you get us out of here with this thing?” asked April as she climbed into the back seat of the jeep and Charley got behind the wheel.  “Easy.  If it has a motor, I know my way around it.” 

Suddenly there was a thud at the back of the jeep.  April and Charley turned around at screamed as they saw Otis B. Driftwood crawling over the jeep’s rear bumper.  “Didn’t you could run away from ol’ Otis, did ya, lady?” he said pulling out his gun. 

“April!” 

“Just drive!  GO!  GO!” 

Charley hit the gas and the jeep lurched off at a breakneck speed.  Otis was sent flying backward, losing the grip on his pistol.  He held onto the jeep’s frame with all his might as April struggled to keep steady aim with the revolver.  Otis’ hand lashed out and grabbed hold of April’s wrists as the jeep raced passed trees and bounced along the uneven terrain.  The revolver fell from April’s hands and slid out of reach on the floor.  April struggled with Otis as she tried to kick herself out of his grip.  Charley looked in the distance to see 3 more pairs of headlights ahead of them.  “April!  We’ve got company!” 

“I’m… busy… at the moment!” April groaned as she continued to fight off Otis in the back seat. 

“Grab the machete!  And hold on!” 

Otis leered as he tightened his hold on April.  “It’s gonna be all over soon, sweetie.”  April freed one hand and snatched up the machete.  “You got that right!” 

With a cry April swung the machete and embedded it Otis’ head.  Both her and Charley cried out as blood spurted and Otis gasped his last.  Charley spun the wheel of the jeep to narrowly miss one of Coagula’s in front of her.  The sudden change of direction sent Otis’ body flying out the women’s jeep into another jeep’s window.  The two jeeps spun out of control and crashed into each other.  April fell onto her knees next to Charley in the driver’s seat.  “Just breathe, April!  You did it!” cheered Charley.  “We’re home free!” 

“Just… just be careful!  Get us to the road!” 

“No problem!  It’s like I told you.  If it’s got a motor I…” 

“Tree!” 

“Tree?” 

“TREE!” 

April and Charley screamed as Charley slammed the brakes, but not before the jeep smashed into the trunk of a large oak.  They crawled out of the wreck and staggered up the hill to the familiar sight of the road leading to the Armitage mansion. 

“Now if we can just find someone willing to give us a ride,” said April as they walked down the road.  “Then we’d be all set.” 

“That’s far enough, ladies.” 

April and Charley groaned and turned around to see Jeremy Armitage with a shotgun aimed at them.  They raised their hands above their heads as he continued to rant.  “All I wanted was to prove to Dad what I can do for the Order and have some fun.  But no!  You two had to mess everything up!  Well not anymore!  Once Dad sees that I finished you two off, I’ll be set for life!” 

“What are you gonna do, talk us to death?” snarked April.  In the distance, April could start to hear a familiar horn. 

“Shut it!” snapped Jeremy.  “This is all your fault!  You get it first, then the grease monkey!” 

“Good plan,” said April.  “Except for one thing.”  The sound of the horn was getting louder, along with an engine’s roar.  “What thing?” glared Jeremy. 

“Charley!  Jump!” 

“What?!” 

“JUMP!  NOW!” 

Grabbing Charley’s hand April leapt off the road, dragging Charley with her back to the trees.  Jeremy turned to see the source of the noises only to have the front bumper of a large yellow and green van fill his vision.  The impact sent the Armitage boy flying through the air before rolling a dozen feet down the road. 

Michelangelo opened the door of the Party Wagon and pulled a face.  “Whoa.  Talk about street pizza.”  April hurried as fast as her sprained ankle could carry her.  She ran to Mikey and gave him a hug.  “Oh, I’m so glad to see you guys!”  Leonardo, Donatello, and Raphael came out of the van and gathered around April.  “We were worried about you, April!” Donatello said. 

“Yeah, we thought you had gotten yourself in trouble again,” said Raphael.  Leonardo glanced over at Charley, who was staring in shock at the Turtles.  “Um, who’s your friend?”  April motioned to Charley to join her, and Charley took some cautious steps forward.  “Guys, this is Charley.  Charley, these are my friends, Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo.”  Michelangelo offered a fist bump.  “Pleased to make your awesome acquaintance!” 

Charley awkwardly returned the fist bump as Jeremy Armitage rose up from the road.  His breathing was ragged as he waved his shotgun.  “You… can’t do this to me!  I’ll you two if it’s the last thing I…” 

Jeremy was interrupted as a motorcycle slammed into him, sending him flying back over the Party Wagon.  The Turtles, April, and Charley watched as the Biker Mice dismounted their rides.  “Oww!  Now that’s catching some air!” laughed Vinnie. 

“Guys!” Charley called.  “Over here!”  Donatello looked at Leonardo as the Mice ran over to Charley.  “Some very unusual looking mutants.” 

“Hey, you’re not exactly beauty pageant material yourself, Donnie,” snickered Raphael. 

“Look, fellas,” said Charley.  “We’ll have plenty of time for introductions, but I think we really need to be getting out here.” 

“She’s right, Leonardo,” April said.  “I’ll explain everything on the way to the police.  We’re going to need them if we are gonna stop the Armitages for good.”  Leonardo glanced at the Biker Mice.  “Don’t suppose you’d guys would be interested in kicking some bad guy butt?” 

“Are you kidding?” said Vinnie.  “It’s what we do!” 

“Yeah!” said Modo.  “Nobody messes with Charley and gets away with it!” 

Throttle nodded.  “Then what are we waiting for?  Let’s ride!” 

“COWABUNGA!” the Turtles cheered. 

The teams returned to their vehicles as Charley gave April a hug.  “Thank you, April.  For everything.” 

“Hey,” April smiled.  “Just another day in the life of a news reporter.” 

The two women joined their friends and the Party Wagon and motorcycles sped off, leaving Jeremy Armitage groaning in a bloody heap in the middle of the road. 

APRIL O’NEIL REHAB: SESSION #3: SUCCESSFUL. 

CASE #4: COMPLETE! 

• Like 1