Gambit: 4

Rumble 20548 Maui (Moana) vs. Skar King
MATCH SCORE
Maui (Moana): 4
Skar King: 1

Match 18944 Larcen Tyler vs. Al Rashid

JohnnyChany

THE TRUE CHOSEN ONE: A 2ND FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER PART 1

(Mortal Kombat/Killer Instinct/BlazBlue/Darkstalkers/Bloody Roar/Red Earth/Eternal Champions/
Mace: The Dark Age)

image.jpeg.658f0fe2aa3bc36c1dcccc45ab31c1a5.jpeg

After surveying the landscape of Earthrealm and the current state of its defenders, Raiden became concerned. He was concerned about Liu Kang’s preoccupation with Kitana. He was concerned by the focus of the young Cassie Cage. He was concerned about the plotting of the reemergent Shao Kahn. Mostly, he was concerned by unforeseen developments that had recently occurred in Earthrealm, specifically the rise of human animal hybrids called Zoanthropes. This bizarre new evolution of the human race was causing major fear and strife across the globe and Raiden feared this new development would distract the humans from the real threats facing them from Outworld.
Raiden convened with his brother, Fujin, and expressed his misgivings.

FUJIN: I understand why you would be apprehensive with the state of things, but have faith in Liu Kang and Earthrealm’s defenders that they will rise to the occasion.

RAIDEN: Some of my doubts would be alleviated if we had a backup plan.

FUJIN: Are you thinking of obtaining some new recruits?

RAIDEN: Exactly.

FUJIN: But from where? We have scoured Earthrealm in search for allies. Do you think we have missed someone?

RAIDEN: The question is not from where but from when.

Fujin was nonplussed by this response.

FUJIN: Messing with the timeline has not worked well in the past.

RAIDEN: That’s just it, we won’t have to mess with it this time.

Raiden led his younger brother on a journey, but did not reveal the destination until Fujin started putting the pieces together himself on Raiden’s plan The two gods stood outside the front door of a secluded cabin in the middle of nowhere.

FUJIN: Do you really think he will help us?

RAIDEN: There is only way to find out.

Raiden and Fujin entered the abode of a green skinned mystical named the Eternal Champion. The Eternal Champion was the protector of the balance of good and had been around since the beginning of time.

ETERNAL CHAMPION: What brings you to me?

RAIDEN: Curious to the results of your tournament. Did it bring about the change that you were hoping for?

ETERNAL CHAMPION: Honestly, I’m not sure.

FUJIN: What do you mean?

ETERNAL CHAMPION: I selected nine champions from throughout history whose lives were cut short before they could have their destined positive impact upon the world. I thought by granting one of them the chance to change their fate I could delay the impending destruction of mankind without altering its history too much.

FUJIN: And?

ETERNAL CHAMPION: Now that it is over, I don’t know if it had any significant impact at all. I thought it would negate the arrival of the Overlord. But, the Overlord still appeared. I needed all their help in stopping it. I am starting to doubt myself, wondering if I misjudged my own mission. 

image.jpeg.e5303a1f0225a55f38d62b8964f30b86.jpeg

FUJIN: Other than stopping the Overlord, what positive impact upon the world were these champions supposed to have?

ETERNAL CHAMPION: I cannot say. The Cauldron of Time only reveals them to me, not the type of good they are meant to achieve.
This is exactly what Raiden was hoping to hear.

RAIDEN: You and I have always had overlapping goals. Is it possible they are more intertwined than either one of us realized?

ETERNAL CHAMPION: Explain.

RAIDEN: Is it possible that the good these heroes were meant to do was to defend the Earthrealm in the here and now? That fate has brought all of us to this point to accomplish that very thing.

The Eternal Champion thought this over.

ETERNAL CHAMPION: I would say that it is very possible. It would be a fitting explanation for why they were all selected as having the potential to avert the doom of mankind despite being from vastly different eras.

RAIDEN: That was my thought process.

ETERNAL CHAMPION: Let’s give it a shot.

He walked over to the Cauldron of Time and waved his hand over it to display an old hospital.

ETERNAL CHAMPION: We will start with Larcen Tyler, an ex-cat burglar from 1920s Chicago. He is a practitioner of tanglangquan, the praying mantis fist. He was recently returned to his own time to face his terrible fate of dying in an explosion at the hospital that you see. Let’s pull him out again.

FUJIN: A cat burglar from the 1920s. Could he really be that helpful?

RAIDEN: We mustn't rush to judgment too quickly. Remember Johnny Cage was just an action movie star.

The Eternal Champion used his powers to make Larcen Tyler appear before the trio.

LARCEN: What’s going on?

He immediately recognized the Eternal Champion.

LARCEN: Am I being given another chance to save my life?

RAIDEN: You are being given more than just a chance to save your life, you are being given a chance to save the world.

ETERNAL CHAMPION: Again. You have proven yourself a worthwhile warrior in the past when you and the other champions overcame the Overlord. However, the opponents you will face now are much more blood thirsty and violent than anyone you have encountered thus far. The option is yours.

LARCEN: Either die trying to save the world or die in a hospital explosion. It is a pretty simple choice to make.

RAIDEN: First we must know you are ready to face the challenge ahead. I can’t have you possibly putting the other defenders at risk if you prove to be a liability.

ETERNAL CHAMPION: I can help with that.

He waved his hand over the Cauldron of Time again.

ETERNAL CHAMPION: Centuries ago there was a war consuming Europe and Asia over a powerful hellish weapon named the Mace of Tanis. It brought out the worst in humanity and the lust for its power brought out the most vile, power hungry fighters from all over. Not unlike the ones you would face now. Your trial will be held there.

The image of a man appeared in the cauldron. He wore a black sleeveless top, a black mask covering the lower part of his face, and he carried two swords.

ETERNAL CHAMPION: Al-Rashid, a master assassin from this time, is quite deadly and a threat to all around him. Defeat him and you will show your mettle to Raiden, lose and you will never make it back to Chicago.

LARCEN: I understand.

RAIDEN: Good luck, we will all be rooting for you.

The Eternal Champion transported Larcen Tyler to the dark age to fight Al-Rashid.

Awww snap! A new fighting game cross over with all the other games! I'm so excited. 

I'm going with Al-Rashid. I put him in way back and am so pleased to see him getting used by someone other than me. Sorry Larcen, you don't get to prove yourself against this dude.

On 3/5/2023 at 3:04 PM, Mercenaryblade said:

Nice matchup and set up. I think I'm leaning towards Larcen, but that might just be because I thought he was cool.

Thanks.

On 3/5/2023 at 9:05 PM, leroypowell3 said:

Awww snap! A new fighting game cross over with all the other games! I'm so excited. 

I'm going with Al-Rashid. I put him in way back and am so pleased to see him getting used by someone other than me. Sorry Larcen, you don't get to prove yourself against this dude.

I am glad. This idea was mostly inspired by our conversation in the Shang Tsung vs. Dr. Strange fight.

Other than a WHOLE LOT of new characters (I have them all listed out and paired off although it's definitely going to prove to be too big lol), the major change in this one is the style. I figure script style is the best way to emulate the way conversations happen in fighting games. 

20 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

Thanks.

I am glad. This idea was mostly inspired by our conversation in the Shang Tsung vs. Dr. Strange fight.

Other than a WHOLE LOT of new characters (I have them all listed out and paired off although it's definitely going to prove to be too big lol), the major change in this one is the style. I figure script style is the best way to emulate the way conversations happen in fighting games. 

Ha! putting in all the Killer Instinct and Blaze Blu and (Guilty Gear?) characters will pay off.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.60 - DSkillz
5.00 - StormChaser
4.80 - leroypowell3
5.00 - Boratz
4.80 - Mercenaryblade

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
24.20 Total Combined Score
24.20 / 5 = 4.84 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE