MATCH SCORE
Bazooka: 0
Steve (Minecraft): 2
Jackson Storm: 0

Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Match 18943 Carlos Miyamoto vs. Shiva (Streets of Rage)

JohnnyChany

THE FINAL FIGHT OF THE STREETS OF DRAGON RAGE PART 1

image.jpeg.30a45b4182dc031339f99510b3b95dfb.jpeg

Carlos Miyamoto, the Brazilian martial artist who once fought side by side with Mike Haggar to help clean up the streets of Metro City, now was just freeloading in the former mayor’s mansion. Mike had assured him that he could stay as long as he wanted to as Carlos continued his studies of various martial arts, but Carlos felt like he owed Mike Haggar something more.

Carlos had worked with Mike’s private security, spending countless hours training them to ensure Mike’s safety while he was the mayor. But that was in the past. Cody Travers was the mayor of Metro City now, and Carlos felt his usefulness dwindle. Carlos remained confident that he could prove his worth and pay back Mike Haggar in the process by helping the city that Mike cherished so much.

A new opportunity presented itself when a new threat struck Metro City. Although originally believed to be a retread of the Mad Gear gang, it was soon proven to be something else. But who was at the top, no one was sure. Carlos immediately traveled to the mayor’s office to offer his help in taking down the mysterious new criminals.

Cody shot him down. “Carlos, I appreciate the offer, but Metro City’s finest are all over it. I have complete faith in them that they will get to the bottom of this.”

“Doesn’t sound like the Cody I used to know,” Carlos retorted.

“The Cody you used to know ended up an apathetic criminal. I’m trying to change my life around, and the worst thing for me to do would be sanctioning some off the books street justice like the old days.,” Cody explained.

Carlos simply shook his head in disappointment.

Cody attempted to change the subject to ease the tension. “What else is going with you? Tell me about the new martial art you're into now.”

“I’m not sure if it will be a new one, I’m going to the dojo for the first time this afternoon. All I know is it is known as Kenpo dojo, which could mean a variety of techniques. I am anxious to find out if it is one that I already know or something else,” Carlos informed.

“What’s so special about this dojo?” asked Cody.

“It’s only been open for a few weeks and I have heard nothing but good things about the teacher who runs it. He is a recent Metro City transplant named Shiva.”

The name caught Cody’s ear.

“Is something wrong?” Carlos wondered.

“That name. I remember…” Cody quickly looked through some files on his desk. “The chief of police and I were going though possible leads for this new crime wave, and we came upon a crime syndicate from Wood Oak City run by a Mr. X. Mr. X has a personal bodyguard named Shiva. Ah, here it is..” Cody glanced up at Carlos. “Have you seen this new Shiva in Metro City yet?”

Carlos nodded.

“Is this him?” Cody held up a picture of Mr. X and Shiva. 

image.jpeg.25185f618d59959f0f3e099b26ebbfad.jpeg

He was definitely the same Shiva. Carlos almost answered in the affirmative, but he caught himself. This was his chance to take down a criminal and be seen as a hero again and not a moocher. Carlos knew if he told Cody the truth, Cody would try to make Carlos stay out of it, so he lied.

“Doesn’t look anything like him.”

Cody sighed. “Damn. Knew it wouldn’t be that easy.”

Carlos soon left the mayor’s office and traveled to Shiva’s dojo. Carlos waited for Shiva’s current class to finish and for all the students to leave. As soon as Shiva was alone, Carlos entered the dojo with his favorite katana holstered to his back.

Shiva immediately took notice. “What is the meaning of this?”

“My name is Carlos Miyamoto.”

“Carlos? You are one of my new students, right? You are early and I must insist no weapons in my dojo,” stated Shiva.

“I have to ask you a question first. Do you still work for Mr. X and the Syndicate? Are you trying to bring that scum to Metro City? What's your game?”

Shiva narrowed his eyes. “How dare you?”

“Answer the question!” Carlos demanded.

“I don’t have to answer to you. I don’t even know who you are.”

“You will answer my questions.” Carlos placed a hand over the handle of his katana. “One way or another.”

“You would challenge me with a blade? How weak and cowardly,” Shiva scolded.

“When I am done with you, we will see how weak you think I am,” Carlos boasted.

“Do your worst,” Shiva shot back confidently as he stepped into his fighting stance.

Another good set-up, Johnny. I've played and beaten Final Fight 2, but I'm not sure how I never came across a Streets of Rage game. I'm still also not used to Cody being Metro City mayor (hell, I was just getting used to him being an escaped convict in some SF games). 

As for the match, Carlos was damn good filling in for Cody in FF2, but I have a feeling Shiva's more supernatural attacks may give him a slight edge head-to-head.

Also, if Shiva's already made his heel/face turn as of SoR 3, Cody's gonna be pissed at Carlos for causing a raucus. :D 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - StormChaser
4.70 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
9.70 Total Combined Score
9.70 / 2 = 4.85 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Carlos Miyamoto: 3
Shiva (Streets of Rage): 2