Rumble 20545 Team Fortress 2 vs. Inhumanoids
MATCH SCORE
Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

Match 18933 Defenders Of The Earth vs. Moogers

leroypowell3

Megastory 26

Defenders of the Earth

Mandrake sounded casual as ever but Flash Gordon knew that something serious was at steak if he was calling him.

“I’m sensing something sinister in the air. A great danger to the whole world.”

Flash Gordon responded seriously. “Where do you need me?”

“I really can’t say yet.” Lothar is with me now and we’re trying to contact Phantom. We’ll come to you and we can figure our first move together.”

Together now, Flash Gordon, Mandrake, Lothar, and the Phantom sat and planned.

“I was in meditation and I received a vision.” Mandrake explained. “Black water, something like oil but even denser, started seeping out from the bottom of the ocean. It started ‘consuming’ - for lack of a better word- everything until the whole world was in darkness.”

“Is this a natural thing or more on the spiritual side?” Lothar asked.

“It’s definitely supernatural.” replied Mandrake. “But this black water is a physical threat.”

Flash spoke up. “There were some pirates I encountered. Worked under a guy named Bloth. They said he had ‘dark water’ and he was too dangerous to handle now. I wonder if that’s related?”

“It’s something to go off of.” Lothar said.

Flash got onto the computer. “Bloth is a pirate. Nastiest of the nasty. FBI most wanted. Wanted in most countries for that matter. Lives on a massive ship. Nobodies got the guts to go and get him.”

“There’s something else.” Mandrake announced. “In my vision, I saw a light. Some kind of power that can destroy this dark water.”

“Then maybe we should be looking into that.” Phantom said.

“I certainly would if I knew what to look for.” Mandrake replied. “The vision wasn’t very clear as to what this power was. There was a clue though. I saw Octopon.”

“Octopon?” Lothar sneered. “That island city?”

“Yes, It’s a quaint little place.” Mandrake smiled.

“It was at least.” Flash Gordon snarled. “Place got hit with a hurricane or tsunami or something yesterday.”

“Something tells me that’s not a coincidence.” Phantom mused.

“Something in Octopon can help with this dark water. Despite the disaster, we should go there. I’m sure we can help some people in the process.”

“Then it’s decided.” Lothar stood. “To Octopon!”

“Whatever happened here, it wasn’t a natural disaster.” Flash Gordon observed.

“Everyone is gone.” Lothar whispered.

“Evacuated probably.” Flash took a bright side point of view. “That’s why we didn’t run into any kind of coast guard coming in.”

“Not even research teams, though.” Phantom commented.

But the Defenders of the Earth soon found that Octopon did have people there.

Lothar spied a pair of men coming out of a fancy looking building. His teeth grinded and his voice matched as he declared what they were.

“Pirates.”

Strangely, the men were running. It was a frantic retreat style run. Further observation revealed what they were running from.

Monstrous humanoid creatures. It was their faces that made them horrid with fangs showing through their mouths like parhana and no apparent eyes visible.

The Defenders of the Earth looked on as the Moogers overtook the pirates and slaughtered them. After that, the heroes were spotted. And the Moogers started coming.

Lothar said the right thing.

“Aw s***.”

Fight parameters:

The Defenders of the Earth must fight their way off the island nation of Octopon. They are near the outskirts of the city and the Moogers are all over the place. There are about 50 Moogers that can come sporadically.

For clarity, the Defenders of the Earth here will only be Flash Gordon, The Phantom, Mandrake, and Lothar. They’re kids aren’t in this (even though I did actually like them cause they were teen instead of 5 year olds saving the world).

Nice to see the Moogers again.

I give the match a 5.0.

Really glad people are people are enjoying the Megastory. The Defenders of the Earth play a nice little part in the Dark Water story. They'll be engaging Captain Amelia's crew soon and will be opposed to the Dragon Emperor eventually too. 

I like using a lot of characters but I really pick whom I know at least a little bit and who fits the tale I'm trying to tell. Honestly I'm trying to build up lesser used charactesrs and work up to more popular characters as things intensify.

Good set-up, leroy. Looks like some more heroes are on the way to solving the Dark Water crisis. 

As for the match, I've heard of many of the Defenders' members, but the only one I'm familiar with offhand is Mandrake. Still, Power Ranger mooks tend to not be too bright, so the Defenders probably have enough tricks, skill, and power to defeat them. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Venom 2009
4.00 - DSkillz
4.70 - JohnnyChany
5.00 - StormChaser
5.00 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
23.70 Total Combined Score
23.70 / 5 = 4.74 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE