Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 18930 April O'Neil vs. Otis B. Driftwood

broadwaybeyonder

Project: Rehab.  Case #4 Session 2. 

PREVIOUSLY: April O’Neil had been captured by the Order of the Coagula after investigating several mysterious disappearances.  The Armitages handed her off to their sadistic son Jeremy, who decided to set her against Charley Davidson in hypnosis induced brawl so they could destroy each other. 

*To read more about how that match went, click here!  Match 18691 April O'Neil vs. Charlene "Charley" Davidson - CBUB Rated Matches - The Magnetic Ferret Message Boards

NOW.

Charley lunged at April, grabbing an arm and handful of hair.  April was swung into a row of lockers, her head banging against the metal.  She fell to the tiled floor clutching her head and rolled to her back.  Charley charged forward again, but April was able to grab her wrist and kick up with her legs, sending Charley tumbling over her into a mirror.  April gingerly rolled over into a crouch and glanced at Charley as she groaned and tried to fight to her feet.  “Thank you, Master Splinter,” April said to herself.  April suddenly paused.  Master Splinter.  He and the Turtles had taught her a few things about the way of the ninja.  What would be Master Splinter say about her fighting someone like this? 

Another rush of anger filled April out of nowhere, the same fury she had felt before.  It urged her to keep up the fight, that this woman was her enemy.  But then another memory seemed to break through the rage.  April could remember sitting in the Turtles sewer home, watching as Master Splinter oversaw their sparring.  She remembered Raphael’s growing frustration at not being able to beat Leonardo one on one.  What was it Splinter had told them?  “It is wise to embrace your emotions, my sons.  But even in the heat of battle, do not let your rage rule you.  Let your reason guide you, or you will have an even greater enemy than your opponent.  For your anger untamed will destroy you just as surely as any weapon.  Remember, my sons.” 

Charley picked up a shard of broken glass and leapt at the distracted April.  April jumped out the way of the shard, causing to rip across her yellow jumpsuit.  When Charley raised her makeshift weapon above her head, April grabbed her arm and yanked it behind the mechanic’s back.  “Let go of me!” Charley growled as she struggled to free herself from the hold.  But April stood her ground.  She knew that the Turtles’ training wouldn’t help her hold out for long.  “Charley!  Please!  Think!  I’m supposed to be your enemy, right?  Your worst enemy?” 

“Not for long!  I’ll finish you off, find my friends, and get them out of here!” 

“Then when did we first meet?  How did I kidnap your friends?”  Charley continued to fight back, but her face was now looking more uncertain. 

“You don’t remember, do you?” said April. 

“What does it matter?!” 

“You don’t remember because there is nothing to remember!  Someone is playing mind games with us!  Our friends aren’t the ones who got captured, we are!  We can beat these creeps if we work together!  But not if we keep fighting each other!” 

Charley’s breathing began to slow down, and April could feel her start to relax.  She released the arm hold and Charley turned around to face her.  “Thanks.  And I guess I owe you an apology to go with that.”  April waved it off.  “Forget it.  The important thing is to find a way out of here.  Then we can go to our friends for help.  Trust me, my guys will wreck this place so fast and still have enough energy left to eat ten 16-inch pizzas.”  Charley gave a small grin.  “Yeah, my guys are more the hot dog and hamburger type.” 

The door of the locker room swung open, and April and Charley turned to see Jeremy, Walter, and Georgina walk in.  Jeremy frowned at the two women.  “Now that’s lame.  I wanted to see a cat fight, not this kumbaya garbage.”  April and Charley stood side by side, ready to fight.  “How about you try to fight for yourself for a change?” said Charley. 

“You know what?  That’s a good idea. Sink.” 

Instantly April and Charley dropped to floor.  Jeremy glared at Walter.  “What the hell’s going on, grandpa?  Why didn’t they follow the program?”  Walter looked the unconscious women and shrugged.  “I’m not sure, son.  The conditioning should have held.  Unless they’ve had some other mental contact.  Perhaps exposure to some kind of radiation, or…”  Jeremy’s phone buzzed and he took it out of his pocket.  He groaned when he saw the name.  He held the phone to his ear.  “Hey, Dad.” 

“Is it finished?  Are they dead?” 

“Unfortunately, no.  Something snapped them out of Mom’s hypnosis.  Grandpa’s going on about…” 

“We don’t have time for this!  I suppose this is my fault for putting you in charge of this.  I should have finished them myself, not let you play childish games with them.” 

Jeremy’s grip tightened on his phone.  “Relax, Dad.  I’ll take care of it.  Neither of them are going to cause us any more trouble ever again.” 

“Just get it done and do it right!” 

Georgiana looked at Jeremy as started tapping his lacrosse stick on the floor.  “Jeremy, dear.  What are we going to do?”  A smile started to play on Jeremy’s lips as he stood over his unconscious victims.  “Oh, we won’t have to do a thing.” 

When April woke up she was outside in the open air.  Her arms were held back by Walter and Georgina and Jeremy poked her in the chest with the lacrosse stick.  Behind him April could see the entrance to a hedge maze.  “Rise and shine, lady.  Ready to give it another go?”  April tried to pull away from Walter and Georgina and glared at Jeremy.  “Where’s Charley?  What have you done to her now?”  Jeremy lazily pointed behind him to the maze.  “Well, her body’s in there and her mind is still in the Sunken Place.  But don’t worry.  She’s not alone in there.  I’ve got someone to keep her company.” 

“Someone else that your family keeps prisoner?” 

“Oh not just any prisoner.”  Jeremy smirked.  “Does the name Otis B. Driftwood ring any bells?” 

April’s face was a picture of shock.  “You.. you didn’t!  You couldn’t!  He’s a serial killer!  A psychotic!  Do you have any idea what he do to Charley if he found her?!” 

“Well, I guess he’d start by killing her.  But since you and her are buddies now, maybe you want to jump into that maze and save her?”  April’s eyes narrowed and Jeremy shrugged.  “I’ll take that as a yes.  So here’s the deal.  You go into the maze, and work your way to the center where Charley is.  Once you find her, you’ll use a triggering phrase to wake her up.” 

“What’s the phrase?” 

Jeremy opened his mouth to speak, then stopped and grinned cockily.  “Right, like I’d tell you so you can shout it out and wake your friend up to soon.  No, the phrase is in an envelope in her back pocket.  Find the center, open the envelope, and she’ll wake up just fine.” 

“Sure, like she was fine when you locked us in that room.” 

“So suspicious.  Guess that’s the reporter in you.  But don’t worry.  I’ve removed all the triggers Mom put in your heads.  Now are you going in there?  Or would you rather ask more questions and give Otis more time to find Miss Charley?” 

April took a breath to steady herself, then nodded.  “I’ll go in there.  And then we’re going to walk out of here, and then our friends will tear this place down brick by brick.” 

Jeremy checked his watch.  “Time’s a wasting, Miss O’Neil.  On your mark.  Get set…. Go!” 

With a shove from Walter and Georgina, April stumbled through the entrance of the maze. 

OK:

April needs to find Charley, bring her out of the Sunken Place, then escape out the other side of the maze. 

Otis needs to capture and kill April and Charley. 

Charley can help April fight off Otis if necessary. 

Game On! 

A great setup and entry, Broadway. As soon as I saw the match I had uncomfortable flashbacks to House of 1,000 corpses. Definitely don't want that for April. I think with Charley's help, she can prevail. Especially if we are counting her fighting ability from Shredder's Revenge.

• Like 1

Wow! April already in another match!

Anyway, I like the match, and I give the setup a 5.0.

• Like 1

Good set-up, broadway. I almost forgot about the previous match in this arc. Kinda interesting to see where this is going. 

As for the match, I'm gonna guess that April doesn't have the skills she shows in Shredder's Revenge, or she'd have wiped the floor with both Charley in the previous match and this Otis guy in this one. In just the cartoon, she could occasionally get out of messes on her own, so if she can reach Charley before Otis does, they just may have a chance to escape. 

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Yukimuraster90
5.00 - Venom 2009
4.70 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.70 Total Combined Score
14.70 / 3 = 4.90 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
April O'Neil: 3