Killjoy: 2
The Leprechaun: 0

Rumble 20545 Team Fortress 2 vs. Inhumanoids
MATCH SCORE
Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

Match 18874 Mancake vs. Mia, the Indian Woman

broadwaybeyonder

A hush fell over the Butter Barn as Mancake strode in, his satchel slung over his shoulder.  Patrons looked away as he slowly walked to the bar and sat on a stool.  The bartender cleared his throat as Mancake set his satchel down.  “What’ll you have, sir?” 

“The usual.  Make it a double.  Leave the bottle.” 

The bartender hurriedly poured out two shot glasses of maple syrup and set them and the jug of syrup in front of Mancake.  Taking off his hat, Mancake picked up a glass and poured the syrup on top of the flapjacks that made up his head.  He sighed in relief as he emptied the glass as the bartender went back to tidying the bar.  “Caught any Bounties, sir?”  Mancake glared at the bartender.  “Who’s asking?” 

“Oh nobody, nobody, sir!” the bartender said hurriedly.  “It’s just we haven’t seen you around these parts in a while.  Was just wondering how you were keeping.” 

Mancake pulled out a Bar and tossed it to the bartender, then picked up the glass and syrup jug and walked to a corner booth.  How was he keeping?  What business was it of anyone how he was keeping?  For years Mancake had been content being the most dangerous fighter on the Island.  Collected Bounties, fought in Battle Royales, even took a hand in Saving the World once or twice.  But now it all seemed to had lost it’s luster, like syrup that had gone bad.  Was this really all there was for a man with a quick trigger finger and a stack of pancakes for a head? 

That was when he saw her, standing in the back of the Butter Barn.  She was a beautiful woman with braided black hair.  She was dressed in buckskin, and wore a headband with two feathers in her hair.  Mancake’s eyes widened as she walked through the crowded room to the bar.  The bartender gave her a couple of Bars and she smiled and nodded.  Mancake watched spellbound as the woman disappeared out the door. 

He rushed back to the bar.  “Who was she?” he asked the bartender. 

“Who?” 

“You know who!  The girl you were just talking to!” 

“She’s just a girl, sir.  There’s no need to get excited, sURP!” 

Mancake grabbed the man by his tie and yanked him across the bar.  He pulled out his pistol and aimed it at the moaning bartender’s head.  “This enough excitement for you?” he hissed.  The bar patrons slowly backed away as Mancake went on.  “Now, I’ll only ask you one more time.  Who is that girl?” 

“Mia!  Her name is Mia!” the bartender gasped.  “She used to work for a butter manufacturer but they fired her!  But she still makes butter that she sells to me!  I pay her fair!  Honest I do!” 

Mancake hoisted up the bartender by his lapels.  “Butter?  She makes butter?” 

“Yes, sir!  Loads of it!  Please don’t hurt me!  I’ll let you have your syrup on the house!  Just please don’t hurt me!” 

But Mancake wasn’t listening.  He let the bartender drop to the floor and picked up his satchel.  He dusted off his outfit and walked with purpose to the door.  He finally found what he was looking for.  A man with pancakes for a head, and a beautiful girl who made butter?  They were made for each other!  Why not?  It was almost Valentine’s Day.  And for the first time in his existence, Mancake wanted something more than just battle and fortune.  He wanted to spend a night with the woman of his dreams.  And what Mancake wants, he gets! 

OK:

Mancake wins by getting a date with Mia for Valentine’s Day. 

Mia wins if she turns him down. 

Game On! 

Oh, hey. Mia’s first official match.

So, I went ahead and edit Mia's name.

Anyway, I give the setup a 5.0.

• Like 1

Hah, good set-up, broadway! :D Of course a human pancake is going to fall for a woman that makes butter, lol. 

Judging from Mancake's brusque manner in the set-up and Mia's generally more demure and refined appearance, though, I have my doubts that she's gonna fall for him. 

On 2/9/2023 at 10:43 PM, Venom 2009 said:

So, I went ahead and edit Mia's name.

And I took it a step further and edited the topic title and Mia's name on Callisto's post accordingly. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/9/2023 at 10:50 AM, broadwaybeyonder said:

First, yes, the real name of the Land O'Lakes mascot is Mia.  

Second, yes, I acknowledge that this may be the most ridiculous set up I've written for this site.  XD.  

Ah well.  Happy Valentine's Day!

I assume by ridiculous you mean inspired. There is so many quirky characters on here that could be a challenge to use. I am so glad you found a way to do it and to tie it in to Valentine's Day. Bravo sir.

Also I have no faith in Mancake here lol.

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - JohnnyChany
4.00 - DSkillz
5.00 - Z451
5.00 - Venom 2009
4.90 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
6 Total Votes cast
28.90 Total Combined Score
28.90 / 6 = 4.82 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Mancake: 0
Mia, the Indian Woman: 7

THE BOTTOM LINE

Mancake moved quickly down the street to try to catch up with Mia, but the woman had seemingly vanished.  Mancake sniffed the air and detected the undeniable scent of butter on the breeze.  He doubled his pace until he heard the sounds of threatening voices. 

He peeked around a corner into an alley and saw three bounty hunters surrounding Mia.  They brandished their weapons and laughed as Mia stood unflinching.  “Don’t tell me these are all the Bars you got?” the leader sneered, tossing the money Mia had earned at the Butter Barn.  “You better tell us where you stashed the rest of it if you know what’s good for you!” 

Mancake leaned back around the corner and checked his pistol.  This was working better than he had planned.  What better what to introduce himself to Mia than to save her life? 

“Well?  Nothing to say?”  Mia remained stone-faced as the leader pointed his rifle inches from her nose.  “Wanna play tough, huh?  Alright then!  Have it your way!  Get on your knees!”  Mia slowly knelt down in front of the bounty hunter as he took aim.  The other two hunters looked on in expectation as Mancake spun around the corner and aimed his pistol.  “Alright, boys!  You better reach for sky before I…” 

But before Mancake could finish his one liner or the bounty hunters could react, Mia delivered a kick that swept the legs out from under all three bounty hunters.  Springing to her feet, Mia delivered a chop to one hunters neck and another kick to the other’s gut that sent him colliding into the wall back first. 

Mancake could only stare wide eyed as Mia leapt out of the way of the leader’s rifle blast before grabbing a hold and slamming him to the ground.  As the hunter gasped for breath, Mia landed a final stomp to the head before reclaiming her Bars. 

She turned and saw Mancake, still standing bewildered at the entrance to the alley with his pistol drawn.  “Are you wanting to cause me trouble, too?” Mia asked, catching her breath. 

“Uh… no, no,” said Mancake, hurriedly holstering his weapon.  “That was some… real impressive fighting you did.”  Mia shrugged and smiled, adjusted her headband.  “I have been practicing.  My friend Naru taught me.  I am not as good with a bow as her, but it helps a lot here on the Island.”  Mancake shuffled his feet awkwardly as Mia walked up to him.  “I am sorry you had to see me fight, but those men left me no choice.” 

“Uh, yeah, no, you don’t have to apologize for nothing.  I was just wanting to… I mean, I was wondering if you…” 

Mia looked up at Mancake’s stack.  “Yes?” 

“I… was wondering if you had any plans for Valentine's Day?” 

“Oh, I see.” 

“Because if you didn’t then, maybe… we could do something… together.  Have dinner.  Or somethin’.” 

Mia brushed aside her braid.  “That is very generous of you to ask, Mister…?” 

“Mancake.” 

“Mr. Mancake.  But unfortunately, I have got plans of my own tonight.  With someone else.” 

Before Mancake could say another word, a familiar voice rang out. 

“Hey, Mia!  Happy Valentine’s Day, lady!” 

Mancake didn’t even have to turn around.  It was a banana with arms and legs in a suit, carrying a heart box of chocolates.  “Hey, Mancake!  Long time no see!” 

“Hey, Peely,” said Mancake coldly. 

Peely took Mia by the arm and handed her the chocolates.  “I was looking all over town for you!  We you didn’t show up after your trip to the Butter Barn I was afraid something happened!”  

“It is alright, Peely,” said Mia.  “I am fine.  I cannot wait for what you have planned tonight!” 

“Believe me, lady!  This’ll be the best night of your life!  Hey, Mancake!  Are you going to the dance on the beach too?” 

Mancake just trudged off down the street.  “No, I’m not.  Have a great time,” he muttered.  Mia looked on for a moment before turning her attention back to Peely’s excited explanation of the night to come. 

Mancake plopped down a stool at the counter of the Butter Barn and sulked.  “Get me two bottles of your best syrup!  And keep ‘em coming.”  An attractive woman brought out the bottles and put them in front of Mancake.  He squinted at her.  “Who are you?  Where’s the usual barkeep?” 

“Oh, he needed to take the rest of the day off.  I’m filling in for him.  But don’t you worry!  I’ve been making a brand-new batch of maple.” 

Mancake folded his arms in front of him as the woman poured out the syrup into shot glasses.  “You look awful upset for a fella on Valentine’s Day.  If you don’t mind my saying so,” the woman went on. 

“I’ll be glad when this day is over,” Mancake grumbled.  “I don’t need anyone to be my Valentine.”  The woman shook her head.  “Well, it’s nice to have someone to talk to, anyway.  Or at least to share a drink with.  Why don’t you try this new syrup?  I’ll bet you’ll like it.”  Mancake glanced down at the shot glass, then back to the friendly face of the woman.  He sighed, picked up the glass, and poured the amber contents on his stack.  As the syrup drizzled down, his expression brightened.  “Say, that is pretty good stuff!  Thanks!” 

“You’re welcome,” the woman smiled.  “What’s your name, stranger?” 

“Mancake, ma’am,” said Mancake.  “What’s yours?” 

“My name is Jemima.” 

Mancake looked in wonder at Jemima’s friendly, beautiful face.  Then he smiled and raised his glass.  “You got any more of this syrup, Jemima?” 

Jemima grinned and rushed to a rack of syrup bottles.   “Coming right up!” 

• Like 1