Rumble 20548 Maui (Moana) vs. Skar King
MATCH SCORE
Maui (Moana): 4
Skar King: 1

Match 18802 Draco Malfoy vs. Seifer Almasy

JohnnyChany

THE NEXUS BAR PART 3

image.jpeg.e0f98ed978d780d212cb54f3dcef00d9.jpeg

Draco Malfoy walked toward the entrance of the Nexus Bar flanked by his Slytherin friends Gregory Goyle and Pansy Parkinson.

“Are you really sure about this, Draco?” asked Pansy.

“Absolutely,” replied Draco. “It has been an awful year and we deserve a drink. I can think of no better way to honor Crabbe than to have a drink in his honor.”

“We could have gone to the Three Broomsticks for that,” suggested Goyle.

“Don’t be simple. We won’t be allowed in any bar in the wizarding world for awhile, if ever,” stated Draco.

“That’s what happens when you pick the losing side of a wizarding war,” added Pansy. “Still there are plenty of dive bars in the muggle world we could have tried to sneak into. Why here?.”

Draco distorted his face in disgust. “You think I would debase myself to the point of visiting a muggle bar?”

“Is this not a muggle bar?” Goyle wondered.

“Not exactly. At least not from what I have heard.” answered Draco. “There is only one way to find out for sure, though.”

“Look.” Pansy pointed to two people standing in front of the door: a dark skinned muscular young man with short black hair, brown eyes, and a blue vest as well as a pale skinned young woman with short, chopped, silver har, red eyes, and an eyepatch. “They have got people working the door here, we’ll never get in. Should have conjured up some fake IDs like I suggested.”

“I still think we should have used some of the polyjuice potion we took from Professor Snape,” Goyle insisted.

Draco rolled his eyes. “That would have taken way too long. You are both being ridiculous. If you walk with the confidence, like you belong, they will let you walk right in, I’m sure of it.”

Draco’s two Hogwarts classmates appeared unconvinced. They paused their trek to the bar so that Draco could instill confidence in his fellow Slytherin.

image.jpeg.db1cc995a3d099083b6c0928bd990db0.jpeg

The two people that that the young wizards saw standing in front of the entrance to the Nexus Bar, Raijin and Fujin respectively, were soon joined by their friend and leader, Seifer Almasy.

“Isn’t this great?” Seifer asked with a smile.

Raijin shrugged. “It isn’t the worst thing in the world, ya know?”

“Uneventful!” complained Fujin.

Seifer scoffed at these assessments. “What do you mean? Don’t act like you are not enjoying each and every time you get to turn away some punk kid trying to sneak into the bar or toss out some loaf who has had too much to drink.”

A small smile betrayed Fujin’s stoic demeanor; Seifer knew her well.

“It does kind of remind me of our days on the Balamb Garden Disciplinary Committee, ya know?” admitted Raijin.

“Exactly, and we all could use some extra cash. And it’s not like we would be able to find much work locally after the whole helping a time traveling Sorceress try to take over the world thing,” stated Seifer.

An awkward silence enveloped the trio as they thought back to the recent past where the evil future Sorceress Ultimecia possessed Sorceress Edea and manipulated Seifer into being her white knight to help compress and rule over time. 

Fujin broke up the silence with a sly grin. “Ya don’t have to lie to us, ya know? We all know the real reason you want to work here.”

Seifer lifted an eyebrow.

“You totally have a crush on that new bartender they hired, Tifa,” Raijin accused. “It’s obvious.

“Busted!” Fujin cracked.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” retorted Seifer. “If anything, I’m almost certain she has the hots for me.”

Fujin shook her head. “Delusional!”

“Speaking of Tifa, though, I’m going to go see if she needs any help,” Seifer declared before leaving his two cohorts to again watch the door alone.

Raijin and Fujin exchanged a knowing glance.

“He has always had a thing for dark haired women, ya know?” Raijin remarked.

At that moment, two boys and a girl, all decked out in black robes, walked up to the Nexus Bar entrance.

“Good evening everyone,” Draco said confidently.

Raijin quickly lifted his pole weapon and used it to block the door. “Ya know, I can't just let you in.”

“IDs!” demanded Fujin.

Gregory Goyle panicked. “We..uh..forgot them.”

“Suspicious!” noted Fujin.

“Gonna need to go back and get them then. Can’t let ya in without proof that you're 21,” Raijin explained. “You all look like you are on the young side, ya know?”

Draco gritted his teeth. “You’re one to talk. You both look like high school seniors.”

“Irrelevant!” shouted Fujin.

“Ya don’t have to be 21 to work the door,” Raijin informed. “Still doesn’t change the fact that we can’t let ya in.”

“Guys, let’s just go back,” Pansy pleaded.

“The nerve,” Draco remarked bitterly.

The three Slytherin classmates turned to walk away.

“We will not let some lowly high school muggles stop us from getting in that bar,” Draco promised.

“Wands?” whispered Goyle.

Draco nodded and all three reached into their pockets to pull out their wands. They then turned around with ill intent.

“Petrificus Totalus!” shouted Pansy as she aimed her wand at Fujin and paralyzed her eye patched adversary with a full body bind curse.

“Expelliarmus!” 

Draco deftly knocked the pole out of Raijin’s hands.

“Cruci..” started Goyle.

Before he got the chance to complete the dreaded Cruciatus Curse, one of the three unforgivable curses, a large gust of wind pushed Goyle back and a blur of gray from Seifer’s long coat appeared in front of them as Seifer entered the area spinning around in circles to perform his Demon Slice attack. The assault put down both Pansy Parkinson and Gregory Goyle instantly, however Draco successfully avoided the move.

Seifer chuckled as he aimed his gun blade in Draco’s direction. “And to think Fujin was worried that the night was going to be uneventful. Can't let you ruin one of Tifa's first nights.”

“Expelliarmus!” Draco exclaimed again as he used his wand to knock the gun blade out of Seifer’s hand.

The move caught Seifer off guard and now Draco was the one with a cocky grin. His feeling of gratification and superiority was short-lived. Seifer flicked his wrist toward Draco and a column of fire erupted around the son of Death Eaters. 

“You’re not the only one with access to magic, wizard boy,” stated Seifer.

Seifer picked up his gun blade and readied himself for a fight. 

Draco clinched his wand tightly. “What kind of filthy mudblood are you?”

“Hey Seifer, I got your back, ya know?” Raijin called out.

“Check on Fujin, and make sure to get the wands from those other two brats,” Seifer commanded. “This one is all mine.”

TALE OF THE TAPE

DRACO MALFOY

Hair: Blonde

Role in Franchise: Secondary antagonist and rival to a dark haired main character with a scar on his face. Manipulated and used by the primary antagonist.

Alignment: Not really evil, just an entitled, pompous jerk.

Extracurricular School Activity: Disciplining other students as a member of the Inquisitorial Squad.

SEIFER ALMASY

Hair: Blonde

Role in Franchise: Secondary antagonist and rival to a dark haired main character with a scar on his face. Manipulated and used by the primary antagonist.

Alignment: Not really evil, just an entitled, pompous jerk.

Extracurricular School Activity: Disciplining other students as a member of the Balamb Garden Disciplinary Committee. 

Worst Setup I've ever read. -100 stars out of 5. The reason is definitely not because I don't want to lose. 

In all seriousness though, that was a fun read but I think Seifer should take this pretty handily. I love the comparisons and the added tale of the tape got a giggle from me. 

I'm giving this a 5/5 and if I was your tournament opponent I would be shaking in my boots right now. ... ... Oh .. Oh shit..

As someone who has played Final Fantasy VIII, I can say that Seifer has the edge in experience as he has seen wartime experience as part of his examination training. Yes, part of his training and examination for graduating was evaluating his performance in real time war experience and this was before he swore his allegiance to Edea/Ultimecia. And that's just something which Draco Malfoy doesn't even so much as have-- not to mention, he's a balance between a physical fighter, a swordsman and even a magic user considering the character.

Seifer wins his without too much trouble.

On 1/14/2023 at 4:37 PM, IKA said:

Worst Setup I've ever read. -100 stars out of 5. The reason is definitely not because I don't want to lose. 

In all seriousness though, that was a fun read but I think Seifer should take this pretty handily. I love the comparisons and the added tale of the tape got a giggle from me. 

I'm giving this a 5/5 and if I was your tournament opponent I would be shaking in my boots right now. ... ... Oh .. Oh shit..

LOL. Thanks. These two characters are too similar not to have a matchup.

As you and RakaiThwei have noted it is definitely an uphill battle for Draco. Maybe if he can get in a Cruciatus Curse or two, I don't see him trying to do the killing curse. Possibly some FiendFyre, although I doubt he would try given what happened to his boy, Crabbe. Even if he had good control over FiendFyre, it is admittedly still a tall order, Seifer killed the GF summon, Odin, in one shot in FF8. 

3 minutes ago, JohnnyChany said:

Seifer killed the GF summon, Odin, in one shot in FF8.

Seifer has accomplished so much more in his short time as a SeeD and as Ultimecia's so called Knight than Draco Malfoy has during his entire stay at Hogwarts'. I had completely forgotten that Seifer had managed to one shot the summon Odin. Just... DAMN!

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - StormChaser
4.70 - DSkillz
5.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - IKA
4.80 - Boratz
4.80 - leroypowell3
4.00 - broadwaybeyonder

FPA Calculation:
7 Total Votes cast
33.30 Total Combined Score