Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 18792 Anna Williams vs. Andy Bogard

JohnnyChany

THE NEXUS BAR PART 2

image.jpeg.6752499829d1c7479c30a970ed0cba8d.jpeg

It took Andy Bogard longer than expected to find it because it wasn’t on any traditional map or GPS, but Andy had finally arrived.  The fact that it wasn’t easy to find was part of the reason the Nexus Bar interested Andy. He was sure that he wouldn’t run into anyone he knew there.

The only reason Andy even knew of the bar’s existence was because King, owner and operator of the Illusion Bar in Southtown, had applied to work there. He hadn’t heard from the Muay Thai enthusiast on whether or not she had received the job, and Andy wondered if he might run into her while visiting the new bar. If he did that would be okay, King was one of the few people who didn’t look at him as either Terry’s brother or Mai’s boyfriend. Andy loved his brother and he loved his girlfriend, but every once in a while, their extroverted personalities and their penchant to often times overshadow him with their larger-than-life exploits would get to him. Andy was eager to spend some time in a place that he was all but guaranteed to not have to field any questions about Terry or Mai.

Andy entered the Nexus Bar and walked around for a bit to take the whole place in. There was a small crowd in attendance tonight and it was immediately evident how new the establishment was as there were several sections still under construction. Andy took a seat at one of the high tables and was immediately handed a menu without asking for one by a smiling brunette girl with a red bandana. He peered over it nonchalantly, not expecting to actually order any food, yet he was pleasantly surprised when his eyes came across natto, his favorite dish, as an option. Andy felt an obligation to try their version of the fermented soybeans.

At the same time, another fighting tournament veteran stepped through the front doors of the Nexus Bar. King of the Iron Fist participant and assassin for hire, Anna Williams, sauntered her way from the entrance in a very deliberate fashion to garner as much attention as possible. She wore a tiny, dark red cocktail dress that showed off most of her legs and hugged her body tightly.  Her presence immediately caused a bit of a stir amongst the patrons.

“What does a girl gotta do to get a drink around here?” Anna wondered aloud.

A small que of gents immediately formed to offer the lady any type of drink she desired.

This was exactly the kind of superficial and fleeting ego boost Anna was looking for. She no longer had any desire to interact with anyone on a deep level, and make a real connection. Not since her fiancé was killed on their wedding day by her sister, Nina, years ago. Recently, news of an 8th King of the Iron Fist tournament had reached Anna’s ears and with it painful memories of the 7th tournament which took place immediately after the murder of her fiancé. Anna expected another confrontation with her blonde-haired sister should she be invited and was looking forward to taking down Nina once and for all. Not only as vengeance for her dead fiancé, but also to prove to everyone without a shadow of a doubt who the better Williams assassin really was.

Currently, Anna didn’t want to think about any of that and just wanted to have some dumb fun. Unfortunately, none of the eager lads who wanted to chat her up could hold her interest even for a short time. Her eyes traveled across the room as she debated just leaving all together when she spotted a man that intrigued her sitting on the other side of the bar by himself eating some natto. He had long blonde hair and was in great shape. He was also cute which made Anna all the more curious as to why he was eating alone. She decided he must have a good story to him.

Anna lifted her hand in the air to stop the man who was currently talking to her, whom she was already ignoring.  “That’s all well and good. Thanks for the drink.”

Anna stood up and approached Andy Bogard with a devilish smile.

image.jpeg.d02b4f77dd272cb3f9363e37d37792b6.jpeg

“Hey there stranger, why don’t you come over there, pull up a seat next to me, and have a drink,” she purred.

“Thank you for the invitation, but I’m ok where I’m at,” replied Andy.

Anna lifted an eyebrow. “Are you implying I should come over and sit with you?”

Andy shook his head. “Not at all. No offense, you are very pretty, however I am in a committed relationship.”

Anna chuckled. “A committed man, I can respect that. However, I don’t think sharing a drink equates to cheating on your girlfriend.”

“I just don’t think it would be appropriate,” Andy insisted.

Anna was not used to rejection and Andy’s continual polite objections only intrigued her more. She quickly grabbed a pool stick.

“How about a game of pool?” she suggested. “Billiards can hardly be seen as an illicit activity.”

“I’m not all that good at pool,” Andy admitted.

“What are you good at?” Anna inquired.

“Really only fighting,” answered Andy. “I’ve been training in martial arts almost all my life.”

Anna’s lit up. “That’s even better.”

“Huh?”

Anna placed down the pool stick. “I’ve been looking to blow off some steam and get in some hand-to-hand practice before the next tournament. Can you help a girl out?”

Andy stuttered. “Here? Now?”

“Have you never been in a bar fight before?” asked Anna.

Andy immediately reflected on the countless fights he had in King’s Illusion Bar.

“I’ll tell you what, we spar, and if I beat you, you have to buy me a drink,” said Anna.

“And if I win?”

“IF you win, I will leave you to your natto, and I’ll even buy you another bowl,” Anna offered.

Andy smiled. “You’re on.” He then looked at the tables and chairs around them. “Let’s find somewhere with some more room. I don’t want to destroy anything here. I don’t know the owner like I do at home.”

Not my tournament entry, but a match I have been wanting to do pitting two overshadowed fighting game siblings against one another. They also both have matching 0-5 CBUB records so one is guaranteed to get their first big win... unless they tie.

Another good set-up, Johnny. Had to read your previous Nexus Bar match first to be sure that I got the full gist of the storyline. My bad for not reading it earlier and rating/voting on it. 

As for this match, I think Andy will win this scuffle. Andy just seems a little more powerful and skilled, and Anna tends to get a little cocky at times. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.80 - leroypowell3
5.00 - StormChaser
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.70 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
19.50 Total Combined Score
19.50 / 4 = 4.88 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Anna Williams: 1