Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 18733 Cody Travers vs. Reno and Rude

JohnnyChany

Cody Travers, mayor of Metro City, stood in his office in front of the mirror. He earnestly adjusted his tie. He had a Budget Committee meeting in a few hours. It certainly wasn’t his favorite part of the position, but Cody was determined to prove that he could excel at all parts of his job. 

It was certainly a far cry from the way he used to handle all of his issues. Cody glanced off to a picture on his desk of himself, the former mayor, Mike Haggar, and his old friend, Guy. The picture was taken after the first time the three had wiped out the Mad Gear criminal organization, by walking through the streets of Metro City and pounding each Mad Gear member into a pulp.

image.jpeg.1e430bd19e59a1222321e1297d426c12.jpeg

Cody’s wistful nostalgia was mixed in with some guilt. His days as a vigilante hero had also given him an unquenchable thirst for violence that landed him behind bars for a long time. For years, Cody had accepted this fate and even had a cavalier attitude about the whole situation. That was until his friends finally broke through to him that he could do better, that he would be better.

Cody’s trip down memory lane was suddenly interrupted by his secretary’s voice coming through his phone. “Mr. Travers, there are two gentlemen here insisting on meeting with you. Hey, hey, you cant just walk in there!”

“Yeah, whatever lady. The Turks don’t need permission from anybody.”

Two men stepped into Cody’s office. They both wore black suits. One was bald with a trim cut beard and a pair of sunglasses covering his eyes, the other had striking red hair and the top of his suit unbuttoned revealing his chest.

image.jpeg.f416a168b4e207e96819622a7c60e1b6.jpeg

“Hey there, mayor, we got a proposition for ya,” the red haired Turk, Reno, announced.

Cody remained calm. “How can I help you guys?”

“By changing your mind,” Reno answered. “Shinra came here with a proposition to build a mako reactor and you turned them down.”
A look of realization washed over Cody’s face. “I recall. Metro City isn’t interested in getting into business with Shinra, and I’m still not even sure what mako is.”

“The most amazing stuff on the planet, and there is a huge reservoir of untapped mako directly underneath your city.” Reno grabbed the picture of Cody, Haggar, and Guy off of Cody’s desk for a better look. “Could be a major factor in the crazy violent history of this place."  Reno looked up at Cody. "I've heard stories. At least that is the theory of that egghead, Hojo.”

“I make no apologies for doing what we had to do to remove crime and corruption from our city.” Cody snatched the picture back from Reno’s grasp. “Nor do I think it was at all motivated by some glowing green rocks. The Mad Gear kidnapped someone very important to me." Cody stopped for a moment before he continued. "I hate repeating myself, tell your bosses the answer is still no.”

Reno laughed out loud. “You think we are here to ask you again? That's rich.”

The other Turk, Rude, finally spoke up. “If Shinra wanted to, it could send its military here, burn this metropolis to the ground, and then build a reactor over its ashes. We are here to spare your citizens of that trauma by getting you to agree to the deal..”

Reno snickered as he pulled out his electro rod. “By any means necessary.”

Cody scoffed. “You think I can be intimidated by a couple of suit wearing thugs? I used to fight guys like you by the dozens.”

“Ain’t no guys like us,” Reno retorted.

A security guard suddenly entered through the office door.

“Mr. Travers, Samantha told me there might be trouble in here….”

Before he could finish, the security guard was decked across the face by Rude and knocked unconscious. Cody hadn’t seen someone punch that hard since the last time he participated in the World Warrior tournament against the likes of Ryu and Ken. Perhaps this wouldn’t be as easy as he had initially thought. The possibility of a real challenge excited Cody. He reached inside his desk drawer and pulled out a lead pipe along with his trusty knife.

“We just redecorated this office,” Cody lamented. “But I’m sure I can convince the Budget Committee to spring for some new furniture if it’s for a good cause.”

“You're funny, man. Just know that when you mess with the Turks….” Reno zigzagged through the office at an incredible speed, leaving trails of electricity in his wake, before stopping and standing next to his partner. “Be prepared to leave in a body bag.”

“We need him alive.” Rude reminded his flamboyant friend.

“Just alive enough to sign some papers. I think we can manage that.” responded Reno.

The thrill of a genuine violent encounter surged through Cody’s body. He may not even need to hold back this time. He lifted up his lead pipe. “Enough talk, let’s do this.”

image.jpeg.8a997e43ca386d3ded4d62f38abbfa44.jpeg

On 12/16/2022 at 7:08 PM, leroypowell3 said:

Darn! I was hoping you would be a no show.

Hahaha, it was close. Trying to be active on here again.

On 12/17/2022 at 7:48 AM, Boratz said:

Great job as always, Johnny!

Thanks Boratz.

14 hours ago, leroypowell3 said:

After looking at them a bit I think Cody gets beat. Final Fantasy is a pretty superhuman game, and these Reno and Rude are Street Fighter level toughs. Being there's two of them, Cody just won't be able to take them both.

Very reasonable. The only reason I consider Cody having a decent chance is that according to the Street Fighter lore, Cody is one of the strongest fighters which is why for many of the games he leaves his handcuffs on as a handicap to make it fair.

Heh, Cody as Metro Town mayor? Interesting. :) 

Good entry, Johnny, and interesting take on the Final fight world. I'm not sure Cody can take both of these dudes, though. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.70 - DSkillz
4.30 - Twogunkid
5.00 - StormChaser
4.50 - broadwaybeyonder
4.50 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
23.00 Total Combined Score
23.00 / 5 = 4.60 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE